Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2009 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was a.... A so so opening chapter for a manga that supposedly has a good review... and it's a cult... The violence wasn't as hard as I've seen in other manga of the same tone like Freesia... Freesia is cruder imo... But anyway I shouldn't be making comparisons.... The chapter pretty much showed us the main character, his feelings, a bit of his partner and the world he fights in... Yakuza eh? You have to love this guys... those are always the reason why we have violence in the 90's XD

So it was all because this Asuza girl that met Ida before killed an old fag of a Yakuza Industry... and so Asuza's bro Hisashi went bananas and wanted revenge on Ida, who was just doing his work... Well who can blame Ida... It's true that he did nothing besides saving her of a horrible suicide.... Three things are definitely remarkable... Asuza's actions, killing so rudely and coldly that poor old guy, the last scene on a beach and Ida...

Man that Ida is a big mystery... First of all... Why he saved her? Was it just for pure lust? But they never had sex... or so I understood... Her looks? Is he a Shinigami? Why he's a police?! Because there is no.... NO WHAT?! And those cold eyes... WTF!!! I can't believe he never gives out another feeling than frigid coldness.... Ida is amazing...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
I truly truly hate this chapter and this Ida character.

Why did he save that girl? Based on what I know now of his character, he was just doing his job. He probably didn't think much about the incident. Just routine to him, like finding a lost wallet.

That's fine, but then he started acting like the dirty cop that he was all along. I have been reading comments and reviews and I got the impression that many readers consider him a Dirty Harry type of cop. But to me, he's just dirty.

Let us make some absolutely clear. Ida confessed to his partner that he used the girl (Asuza) as an informant. That's a fact. I don't know how and why she murdered the Yakuza dude, but we shouldn't act all shocked about it. I mean, what did you expect? A Yakuza finding out his mistress was acting as informant for a cop? Did you expect it to end with a spanking and cuddles?

I guess the Yakuza probably went violent and she had no choice but to kill him in self-defense.

But this Ida son-of-a-bitch, the one who was her handler, did not even bother to listen to her and eat her meal for old times sake. Just coolly called the cops on her like she's nothing to him.

W.T.F?

That's not Dirty Harry. That's just Dirty. And low.

I am fine with the idea of an anti-hero. I am, after all, a huge fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. Reacher kills more than a couple of criminals in every novel. Sometimes in cold blood.

Nevertheless, he is a hero because he has a code. And he never killed anyone who didn't need killing. By the way, he's an ex-cop, that Reacher. Based on what I know of him, I can say with certainty that if he ever sent an someone into a dangerous situation, he would brave hail and storm to save that person. And if the situation ended badly, like his informant accidentally killed a Mafia boss or something, he would help. He definitely would throw the book out of the window and help.

He wouldn't act like a damn dirty cop running away from his responsibilities and condemning a woman to a death sentence.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 4 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 26, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 72 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Jul 15, 2014

7 by Catch33 »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 66 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Jul 15, 2014

1 by Omegaax »»
Jan 12, 2021 1:27 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 2 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 26, 2009

1 by Confucius »»
Sep 17, 2020 4:24 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Chapter 47 Discussion

AkatsukiShinobi - Jul 12, 2014

1 by MDLegs »»
Nov 12, 2018 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.