Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 17, 2014 4:50 PM

Feb 2014
I haven't read the manga (yet anyways), so I don't know.

Does it go:

Black Butler → Book of Circus → Black Butler II → Book of Murder

Or

Black Butler → Book of Circus → Book of Murder → Black Butler II

Or does it not matter what order I see the last three titles in the series in? I'm only pretty sure that BoC comes before BBII, but I don't know where the hell BoM fits in.

Aug 17, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
But Book of Murder hasn't even aired yet?
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Aug 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2010
Like this canonically.

Black Butler(until like episode 14) → Book of Circus → Book of Murder

I don't think Kuroshitsuji II is canon so you can probably watch it any time probably after the first series.
Aug 17, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2014
Bunnay — I know, I probably won't be watching any Black Butler until the two new series get dubbed (only because I watched season 1 dubbed), but I'm guessing Murder is based on a manga arc which is why I'm asking.

IntroverTurtle — Okay, thanks so much! I'll just wait until Murder is out and then do season II last then since it isn't canon as far as I know either.

Aug 30, 2014 11:27 PM

Feb 2014
I love me some dubbed. I thought Brina Palencia, J. Michael Tatum, and the majority of the cast did a good job.
Aug 30, 2014 11:31 PM

Mar 2014
dasbattousai said:
I love me some dubbed. I thought Brina Palencia, J. Michael Tatum, and the majority of the cast did a good job.

Palenica and Tatum have always been a good pair as far as voice acting goes. Just think of Holo and Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
Mar 6, 2016 2:51 AM
Feb 2016
chinesecartoonz said:
I haven't read the manga (yet anyways), so I don't know.

Does it go:

Black Butler → Book of Circus → Black Butler II → Book of Murder

Or

Black Butler → Book of Circus → Book of Murder → Black Butler II

Or does it not matter what order I see the last three titles in the series in? I'm only pretty sure that BoC comes before BBII, but I don't know where the hell BoM fits in.

Okay, so you totally should ignore..no, SHUN Kuroshitsuji season 2! Because it's non-canon & shit. But if you get too curious about the forbidden, like me, go ahead and watch it. Just don't blame me afterwards!

I recommend you watch Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus & Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder. If you get confused or curious about how Madam Red died, you can then watch the first 14 episodes, I think, of Kuroshitsuji season 1.

I tell you this cuz Book of Circus is a good stand alone series & doesn't have plot holes, unlike the first two seasons.
And you should consider reading the manga because it's way better than any of these adaptations.
StarsOfRustMar 30, 2016 4:32 AM
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
Mar 12, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2015
Just read the Manga. The anime's timeline is a mess.
Jul 7, 2017 9:46 AM
Jun 2016
The order is simple
You can watch it so

Black Butler ---> Black Butler II --->Black Butler Book of Circus ---> Black Butler Book of murder ---> Black Butler Book of Atlantic

Or you watch it in this order (Skipping so the second half of first season and the second season... but i dont sugest this metod)

Black Butler (Episode 14) ---> Black Butler Book of Circus ---> Black Butler Book of murder ---> Black Butler Book of Atlantic
Sep 26, 2017 10:20 AM
Sep 2017
What is the order of black butler? I watched season 1 and I'm going to begin watching season 2, is book of circus and book of murder necessary?
Sep 26, 2017 10:59 AM
Sep 2017
Kuroshitsuji has a f*cked up order because the manga didnt had enough contents so they kinda screw up the order but heres the order

1st
season 1

2nd
Book of Circus

3rd
Book of murder

4th
Book of Atlantic (kinda sh*t cuz it was so damn rushed)

5th
The second season

soooo basically

season 1 > Circus > murder > atlantic > season 2

Also I recommend the manga because it is more better than the anime due to having additional 2 or more?? arcs, isnt kinda of sh*t like the anime (my opinion) and has more bishounes but gl watching tho them ^0^
Sep 26, 2017 11:17 AM
Aug 2017
In Season 1 everything after episode 15 is filler and season 2 is all filler

So it is

Season 1 (1-15)-Book Of Circus-Book of Murder-Book of Atlantic

And Season 2 is optional it does not really add anything to the main story
Sep 27, 2017 7:50 PM
Sep 2017
F_ckoffcunt said:
Kuroshitsuji has a f*cked up order because the manga didnt had enough contents so they kinda screw up the order but heres the order

1st
season 1

2nd
Book of Circus

3rd
Book of murder

4th
Book of Atlantic (kinda sh*t cuz it was so damn rushed)

5th
The second season

soooo basically

Also I recommend the manga because it is more better than the anime due to having additional 2 or more?? arcs, isnt kinda of sh*t like the anime (my opinion) and has more bishounes but gl watching tho them ^0^
alright thanks, but what about the recap and the special? Are they good?
Sep 28, 2017 12:21 AM
Sep 2017
I don't think there are any recaps (recaps are always crap/boring because you already knew whats has happen unless you have been not paying attention to the series) but there are specials, the specials are only okay in my opinion but maybe to other girls/boys? they might find the specials quite cute and funny.

But the specials are about ciel being in wonderland and is just there for funs and laughs

I still recommend the order i have done before

season 1 second half and season 2 is not included in the manga

If you still confused, all of the answers lie within the manga excluding the season 1 second half and season 2.

Hope this helped. :)
Dec 30, 2017 10:57 PM
Dec 2017
1st
The First Season

2nd
Book of Circus

3rd
Book of murder

4th
Book of Atlantic

5th
The Second Season

So basically the order is:

Season 1 > Circus > Murder > Atlantic > Season 2
Feb 6, 2018 9:40 AM
Feb 2018
Hey, so I made an account just to comment on this post.. now maybe Im misunderstanding but Im seeing you guys are saying everything after ep 14 in season 1 is filler, but you know the last 3 episodes are crucial to the story!? Like ties the whole season together and everything makes sense..
Feb 23, 2018 4:39 PM
Feb 2018
Squallium said:
Hey, so I made an account just to comment on this post.. now maybe Im misunderstanding but Im seeing you guys are saying everything after ep 14 in season 1 is filler, but you know the last 3 episodes are crucial to the story!? Like ties the whole season together and everything makes sense..

In the manga nothing after episode 14 happened. What happened in the last 3 episodes hasn't even happened yet so I think that's what they mean.
Sep 25, 2018 4:35 PM
Sep 2018
what anime should i watch? I'm new to anime, so yeah

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.