Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
I lol'd so hard at the Kaneki thing and all of the hidden implications (I know where you were going with those =P )

But yeah, this episode was pretty good for all of those reasons that you stated

And YESSSSSSSSSSSS I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN IN THE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yup.....It's freaking awesome

Haha, I'm really glad you got all of the hidden implications. xD I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
ꉂ ꀞꀞꀞ(ᕑᗢूᓫ∗)˒˒

I have a feeling they might do something similar like the invasion scene few episodes back.
Even if it doesn't, as long as it's necessary to end the anime in -that- scene or whatever scene we're thinking, I'll be fine either way. xD

Also, I realized while listening to one of the songs in the single...the singer also sang the ED of Isshuukan Friends.
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
I couldn't complete Hunter x Hunter characters in Shironeko Project... 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Aug 20, 2014 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone please confirm for me what scenes in the manga were skipped?

Do I have this right?

is that the 3 scenes that were skipped?
thanks.
removed-userAug 20, 2014 2:11 PM
Aug 20, 2014 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
GarudaAiacos said:

Do I have this right?

1. Bulat training tatsumi more (with a danger beast?)

2. Nyau holding up the face of the girl the skinned ( this doesnt seem like it would have added too much, wouldnt have even increased runtime)

3. Esdesu torturing someone? (who ? if i might ask?)

thanks.

1. Yup. If I remembered correctly, they went to a mountain full of tree looking monsters.

2. I don't think the manga showed the skin.

3. When Esdeath came back from the North, I remembered that she visited the torture room, while the torturer were torturing some random people in a big bowl of hot boiling water??
Aug 20, 2014 1:54 PM
Dec 2010
Great episode, Bulat is a real badä$$ and it's nice to see him get quite a bit of air time. Of course, on the other side, a sidecharacter suddenly getting a lot of air time usually isn't a good sign for them, so I expect the worst for next episode.
Aug 20, 2014 2:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GarudaAiacos said:

Do I have this right?

thanks.
I would put these in tags if I were you but

1. Yup (I think this will be added in the next episode or the one after)

2. Also yes, and it's understandable why they cut it out because this DOES air on television lol....I'm hoping that it'll be included in the BD verision though

3.Yes and no.....They kinda showed this in the chibi, gag special thing called Akame ga Kill Theatre

HiddenEL said:
Tokoya said:
I lol'd so hard at the Kaneki thing and all of the hidden implications (I know where you were going with those =P )

But yeah, this episode was pretty good for all of those reasons that you stated

And YESSSSSSSSSSSS I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN IN THE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yup.....It's freaking awesome

Haha, I'm really glad you got all of the hidden implications. xD I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
ꉂ ꀞꀞꀞ(ᕑᗢूᓫ∗)˒˒

I have a feeling they might do something similar like the invasion scene few episodes back.
Even if it doesn't, as long as it's necessary to end the anime in -that- scene or whatever scene we're thinking, I'll be fine either way. xD

Also, I realized while listening to one of the songs in the single...the singer also sang the ED of Isshuukan Friends.
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
Lol, I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't catch on to stuff dealing with my favorite manga XP

And yup, I'm kinda convinced now that they will do both of these things...It makes a lot of sense to do it really

The person that sings Skyreach is the VA of Akame btw....Also, she was the voice of the MC in Isshukan friends and is also the voice of Touka from Tokyo Ghoul and Asselyum from Aldnoah.Zero =P...Sora Amamiya is just AMAZING and she isn't even 21 yet!?!?...She has a bright future
Aug 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
Ah, look, it's Esdeath, the one I keep reading about about and that's causing all the hype... I wonder why...

LOL, Esdeath wants to fall in love and her lord suggested that she should marry the prime minister XD.

I guess that the one man that will fit her criteria is Tatsumi...

Awww, Akame shed tears for Sheele and Tatsumi's face when she told him that she needs to act composed for the next mission T.T

Good thing Tatsumi got his shit together and decided to start training in order to keep his promise of staying alive.

Those poor guys stood no chance against Esdeath's goons....

Ah, so those guys are framing Night Raid... lol...

LOL... LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Ohoo, I can't wait to see how the fights will go!

Damn... 3 vs 1! Good thing Bulat is freaking strong... ah, I kinda suspected that the old guy was the general that he knew before...

I can't wait to see what next episode happens.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 20, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Right down the middle
Sick episode
was a little sad D:
I hope He doesn't die to Liver next episode O_O
[/quote]
Aug 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Jonesy974 said:

I have no idea who told you that, but they're either on drugs or full of shit. This is one of the most faithfully adapted shows from the source material that I've seen in a while.

Exactly, compared to most other adaptations this one is pretty damn close to the source material, unexpectedly so. Having read the manga prior to the first episode I really, really thought this show was going to be a disaster because I knew they would cut things out and censor like crazy. I was so pleasantly surprised, unlike Tokyo Ghoul. What Studio Pierrot has done with that adaptation is pathetic.

YES. I'm not normally one to gripe about how well or poor something is adapted, unless it's an absolutely terrible adaptation (Tokyo Ghoul). I also make a note to point out exceptionally good ones (Akame, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama as also excellent).

skudoops said:
Jonesy974 said:

---btw a lot of anime only people are bitching about spoilers

People are bitching because the manga readers are giving away too much without using the tags.

Throughout this entire show the manga readers have been either hinting too much or blatantly spoiling things. I don't see why people shouldn't be upset about that.

Oh no, I totally get that. Everyone has the right to be pissed at those people. I meant specifically the people who bitch about the people who DO use spoiler tags, because even though they chose to click it they don't take responsibility for their own actions.
Aug 20, 2014 8:46 PM

Oct 2013
meh.

It was an all right episode, but it feels like it didn't accomplish much but build up for something bigger.

It was some odd mix of sad, interesting, and weird to see Akame break down in front of Tatsumi like that, though. She's been so stoic up to this point, it was weird yet enlightening to see her like that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 20, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
Bulat needs a nerf, haha.
Aug 21, 2014 1:40 AM

Mar 2012
The pacing is bit fast as they covered 3 chapters, which is like 90 pages in the manga. I hope they will cover some of the material that they skipped later, but I doubt it.
Also, they censored the facial skinning of that girl. I was expecting to see some skinned bloody face and raw expose face muscles, what the hell! I got my full dose of censorship this week from tokyo ghoul, no more p0ssy censor please! kappa
Aug 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2012
hivekiller said:

3. When Esdeath came back from the North, I remembered that she visited the torture room, while the torturer were torturing some random people in a big bowl of hot boiling water??

Yes. As far as I remember, she told them to put ice in it cause that way it's more painful, or she put ice there herself (her teigu).

Jonesy974 said:
Ugh well next weeks episode:

Very smooth, mate.

Jonesy974 said:

I have no idea who told you that, but they're either on drugs or full of shit. This is one of the most faithfully adapted shows from the source material that I've seen in a while.

I totally agree, it's kinda surprising. That's one of the reasons why I think it'll be a great anime if it stays like this. Of course, that's if you, like me, like this kind of plot, genre, art and characterization.

And to those of you who think that characters aren't developed and explained well enough, I think you should read manga. I got really attached to some characters through the manga. But anime focuses on the story, which I don't mind.
Aug 21, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously I need to start reading this manga. Am loving the anime, but still all those spoilers about missing scenes and whatnot has piqued my curiosity to no end.

Bulat was very simply the most awesome Aniki that I've seen ever! him beating Tatsumi twice (once during practice) and telling him off for his mistakes even in the middle of battle was so Boss! Then the three-way attack that resulted in him slicing the ugly dude in half was way too badass.

I loved the scenes with Mine and Akame as well. Felt so bad when Akame broke down in front of Tatsumi, but laughed so hard when she bit the rations bar out of Lubbock's hand! There's no way you can even come to hate this girl! Felt sorry for Mine being so helpless after getting her ass whooped and watching Sheele die last episode. She must've still been shell shocked.

Can't wait to see the next episode! I'm seeing death flags being raise, but I wanna watch the Esdeath love flag! XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 21, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, seeing the annoying kid getting punched right in the guts by Braht was satisfying. When he cutted the cute girl face... Got some chills.
Getting that other weird guy slicced in half too. Got a justice boner.

I wondered what the title meant by ''Killing the three'', but now that's pretty obvious.

So mustache-san was that shogun Braht defended. Wonder how he'll react in a fight. Will he lose his temper?

Tatsumi punching himself instead of hugging her... You're an odd one Tatsumi.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 21, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
Leone being cautious, and Bro being so strong was surprising to me. Liked it :)
Aug 22, 2014 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Bulat is so badass
Aug 22, 2014 6:17 PM

May 2013
Woah, Esdeath wants to fall in love. That'd be really awesome for her.

Aw, Akame seems composed but isn't really. (T_T)
Lol, Tatsumi punched himself.
Lol, Bulat punched Tatsumi.

Ah, The Three Beasts went and killed politicians while framing Night Raid.
They seem pretty strong. Especially Daidara with his Belvaac.
Oh nevermind, Bulat just killed Daidara. Bulat can freakin' 1v3 this.
But one of the remaining two is Bulat's old general. Good luck, Bulat.

Imperial Arms Count: 9 Named, 3 Unnamed, 36 Unknown.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 22, 2014 9:32 PM

Dec 2007
xSanox said:
tigriss said:

Buuut, if everyone survived, it wouldn't look realistic and eventually we would get bored of OP characters. this is why i like this show, because people die (i know it sounds weird...), this is more fun (i'm not a psycho, don't get me wrong).

The only thing that really bothers me is the first episode. Basically the whole team went to kill that sadistic family and now when they're facing villains that are truly strong they only send two? doesn't make sense

it is not that i am against deaths but you can kill characters without it being predictable and so early so we can actually get attached to characters so the deaths have an impact on the viewer and aren't just for shock value.

Yeah I can't really be that sad for someone who died in episode 6. Or episode 8, as it sounds. Like...*shrugs* So what? Killing characters just to do it is dull.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Aug 22, 2014 10:05 PM

Jul 2014
SageShinigami said:
xSanox said:

it is not that i am against deaths but you can kill characters without it being predictable and so early so we can actually get attached to characters so the deaths have an impact on the viewer and aren't just for shock value.

Yeah I can't really be that sad for someone who died in episode 6. Or episode 8, as it sounds. Like...*shrugs* So what? Killing characters just to do it is dull.

But the characters aren't just killed for the hell of it. Their deaths do have a purpose. Scheele's death was to show Tatsumi that there will be causalities on both sides. It's part of the job and its going to be something he has to learn to deal with. Her death may not have affected you personally. Maybe for you to be attached to a character you require more time to flesh out a character. But it did affect many people and the fact that it did for such little time we saw Scheele to me takes skill as an author.
Aug 22, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
This series does a good of a job as ever introducing cute girls and then mutilating them the next second in the cruelest, most disgusting ways possible. But I guess I saw that coming from the manga.

それでも、チェルシーちゃん。。。
HowTragicAug 22, 2014 11:21 PM
Aug 23, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
Lol, I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't catch on to stuff dealing with my favorite manga XP

And yup, I'm kinda convinced now that they will do both of these things...It makes a lot of sense to do it really

The person that sings Skyreach is the VA of Akame btw....Also, she was the voice of the MC in Isshukan friends and is also the voice of Touka from Tokyo Ghoul and Asselyum from Aldnoah.Zero =P...Sora Amamiya is just AMAZING and she isn't even 21 yet!?!?...She has a bright future

OMG, I went to her profile in MAL to confirm it myself...and man, my mind was blown...
She definitely has a bright future ahead of her! (•̀o•́)ง
What surprised me most was that she voices Akame and Touka.... (´⊙ω⊙`)!
I couldn't complete Hunter x Hunter characters in Shironeko Project... 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Aug 23, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
I won't be surprised if Bulat dies soon to be honest.I get a feeling that this is one of those shows '' lets give a character more screen time in current episode, and kill him/her off in next one''.I might be wrong (or rather i hope im wrong), but so far everything leads me to think so.
incompleteAEGISAug 24, 2014 10:11 AM
Aug 23, 2014 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
They wasted no time putting Bulat on the spotlight :D First time seeing Akame showing such emotion, guessed one can never be fine when a close friend died.
Aug 24, 2014 10:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HiddenEL said:
Tokoya said:

OMG, I went to her profile in MAL to confirm it myself...and man, my mind was blown...
She definitely has a bright future ahead of her! (•̀o•́)ง
What surprised me most was that she voices Akame and Touka.... (´⊙ω⊙`)!
Haha, she's perfect >//<
TokoyaAug 24, 2014 5:24 PM
Aug 24, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
Bulat is a super bro. Owned that big guy. I'll be kinda annoyed if they kill him off too.

Tatsumi is kinda worthless till he gets an Imperial Arms and learns to fight better.

I have this feeling with the love topic that Esdeath is going to like Tatsumi.
mystikAug 24, 2014 3:04 PM
Aug 25, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Bulat, you are now officially GAR. He sliced that guy in half in 2 moves!! I realize things are being cut or censored compared to the manga but I still feel that this is still pretty graphic.

This series has done 2 things brilliantly, the have given this show the seriousness/drama/brutality of a seinen series while still mixing in enough comedy and light-heartedness to call it a shounen. I applaud this series and will be buying it when it comes out in the U.S. I rarely say that about a series before I finish it, especially only 7 episodes in.

Anime of the damn season!!!
Aug 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was surprisingly good imo.
I could see dat face, and apparently they skipped that part... too bad. Would help character development.
I also only now noticed the hearth in gay dude's hair, cannot unsee. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 26, 2014 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
Why can't male MC be as cool as Bulat? :/

Anyway, interesting episode. I like the cruise setting fo' sure.
Aug 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
The episode was actually better than I thought.
Didn't expect Esdese actually want to fall in love.
Also didn't expect the tears from Akame, I thought she was more composed and calm character, I guess not.
Damn the spear girl got killed!! Too bad.. She's kinda cute... =.=

BULAT BEST BRO EVER!
Aug 28, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2010
Akame mentioning Sheele and still caring about her... She is a strong person.

Dat bromance. Bulat with his hair down really looks better after all. And he was really cool there near the end.
Aug 31, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2011
I swear to god if Bulat dies next episode I'm dropping this anime 0/10
Aug 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
That was a solid episode. Dandyfag-kun Bulat is such a stud, go fall for him already Tatsumi. Accept his tough love. Love. Love. Akame biting that guy's hand whole for the snack was really cute.

That scene between Akame and Tatsumi was well done, so glad Leone didn't jump in to throw down a sex joke. Speaking of Leone, it was satisfying seeing her put in her place when she was tailing Esdeath. And speaking of Esdeath, I wonder what kind of guy she's into...if it's even a guy.
Aug 31, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Such an eppic episode.
Aug 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, Bulat is strong af.
Sep 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2011
Loved this episode! After Sheel's demise, I just hope we don't lose another Raider. Especially Bulat, I wanna see more of his skills
Sep 3, 2014 1:44 AM

Nov 2013
My god I think Bulat is the most gar character this season...

Sep 3, 2014 1:46 AM

Nov 2013
niaxato said:
Think Tatsumi is about 1000 years too early to join Night Raid.
After seeing Bulat pull off that fucking beast move I have to agree with you.

Sep 4, 2014 7:03 AM
Mar 2014
ChaoticSilence said:
niaxato said:
Think Tatsumi is about 1000 years too early to join Night Raid.
After seeing Bulat pull off that fucking beast move I have to agree with you.

Even so, they probably need the numbers after Sheele's death...
Sep 7, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
man that arrogant guy totally gut slice-offed in a blink of an eye...i'm glad i pilled up ep. 7-10..totally worth the wait...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 25, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Esdeath wants to fall in love? what is she on about?

That's right Tatsumi just stand back and watch Aniki fight.. "Incursio!" damn he was awesome. But now what? that General Liver dude was the reason why he decided to fight the empire and join the Night Raid .. I hope he won't give in to his emotions and butcher that bastard.
Sep 29, 2014 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I wanted to give the highest marks, but if you want to be picky, the fact that here the characters die without even giving us the time to "get on well" with them is a failure who have not taken off yet; the fact remains that the change of pace is nice!
Cruelty and blood everywhere ...
Episode good, satisfied, even though the defects described above.
Drawings and animations good, the new characters look interesting, too bad one is already KO!
I await the next episode with interest.
Oct 4, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Wow Bulat is powerful, I hope he can defeat his former general, seeing him shocked when he saw the latter, it's looking more like it's going to be Tatsumi's battle.
Dec 14, 2014 4:24 PM
Jul 2013
That stupid lord kid is annoying me so fucking much! Grow up bitch! Fuck.
I was so happy that in the end of the episode the other little bitch got hit XD Hahaha
Well done *^*

Die already.
Dec 22, 2014 6:36 AM

Oct 2014
This shit is so damn good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 12:34 AM

Nov 2009
I keep wanting to slow down on how much I seem to be burning through this show but I cant help it, its just too fun to watch.
Jan 18, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2012
lol that dude barely lasted one EP

the voice actor prob did it for a free meal or some shit xD
Jan 21, 2015 4:21 PM

May 2012
Great action, really wonder what the next fight will be like!
Feb 7, 2015 5:12 AM
May 2012
Too bad, Esdeath. I am here in real life, baby T^T
He should have hugged Akame, man. Bulat, you badass, but now I am worried about you.
Mar 1, 2015 4:02 AM

Feb 2015
what a surprise ending. didnt see that one coming
Mar 16, 2015 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
Seems like Bulat's on a whole different level.

This was funny btw.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.