Apr 2008
mayukachan said:
Wow, it's almost tied. That's crazy.

Duh. People are seeing the truth behind Slaine
Sep 20, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
mayukachan said:

I'm a little surprised that "they both suck (diks)" trails "they're both awesome (at suckin' diks)"
Sep 21, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2012
fst said:
mayukachan said:

I'm a little surprised that "they both suck (diks)" trails "they're both awesome (at suckin' diks)"

dunno, im voting "the both sucks"
i B E L I E V E "they both sucks" will win O_O
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 21, 2014 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
Slaine > Inaho

It's all opinions though.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Sep 21, 2014 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
Inaho is useful and very great in battle, but he's a freaking robot maneuvering a robot. I don't want to consult his sister every time I want to know what's going on with his mind or face.

Slaine, most of the time, provides me comedy, but that's the only thing he can do. However, he has a personality. He just became lost (again).

I don't like them both.
Sep 21, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
Slaine ---> The whole 12 episodes , all he does is saying "I'll protect the princess at all cost" while Inaho does the actual protecting and he even fails to protect her in the end . This is the true definition of a useless character . I liked Inaho from the start and always will .
Sep 21, 2014 2:30 AM

May 2014
gino_san said:
Slaine ---> The whole 12 episodes , all he does is saying "I'll protect the princess at all cost" while Inaho does the actual protecting and he even fails to protect her in the end . This is the true definition of a useless character . I liked Inaho from the start and always will .

^
This,I'll take Ichika (IS) over Slaine any day,at least that dude didn't caused (indirectly or directly) the death of any his girls by being a retarded shit :)
Sep 21, 2014 2:53 AM

Aug 2011
Both of them are badly written characters.
Sep 21, 2014 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
xEWEx said:
Both of them are badly written characters.

Yeah. But at least Inaho got things done and he didn't end up saving the person who was going to kill the princess
Sep 21, 2014 4:57 AM

Dec 2013
Slaine, because at least we can make mistakes, at least he did get a good bit of development, and even though he was inevitably a punching bag he still kept trying to do what's right (although it may have, "may have") ended badly. Although Inaho's apathy maybe new, it doesn't mean it's a good thing, it just means he's an emotionless, unrelatable prick
Sep 21, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2012
Last I checked the best character (Slaine) was winning. Y'all some weaksauce viewers. Inaho is worst MC in recent times and thoroughly and utterly boring to watch. Just an absurdly efficient Gary Stu that sucks out any and all tension this show might have offered.

Slaine is the only character on this show that knows what the word sacrifice even means. He goes through hell and back to get to his girl, only to arrive just as she gets gunned down. Sacrifice and pain, that's what this dude knows more than anyone else on the show.

What was Inaho doing while Slaine was saving their asses, getting tortured and looking for the princess? Predictably, Inaho was busy gathering his own little harem and taking the fun out of every fight by winning with seemingly little to no difficulty even though he had never seen combat before the Martians evaded. Terrible. Inaho is a terrible character and I strongly suspect the writer and fans of his character are projecting their own narcissistic fantasies.
Sep 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
Last I checked the best character (Slaine) was winning. Y'all some weaksauce viewers. Inaho is worst MC in recent times and thoroughly and utterly boring to watch. Just an absurdly efficient Gary Stu that sucks out any and all tension this show might have offered.

Slaine is the only character on this show that knows what the word sacrifice even means. He goes through hell and back to get to his girl, only to arrive just as she gets gunned down. Sacrifice and pain, that's what this dude knows more than anyone else on the show.

What was Inaho doing while Slaine was saving their asses, getting tortured and looking for the princess? Predictably, Inaho was busy gathering his own little harem and taking the fun out of every fight by winning with seemingly little to no difficulty even though he had never seen combat before the Martians evaded. Terrible. Inaho is a terrible character and I strongly suspect the writer and fans of his character are projecting their own narcissistic fantasies.

You're missing the fact that it is SLAINE'S FAULT THAT SHE GOT GUNNED DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE. He deserves no pitty for being a fucking moron
Sep 21, 2014 5:12 AM

Mar 2011
So... a dumb possesive yandere who is obsessed with a princess is relatable?
Raziel1991Sep 21, 2014 6:18 AM
Sep 21, 2014 5:13 AM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
So... a dumb possesive yandere obsessed with a princess is relatable?

Apparently. No wonder the human race is going down the shitter
Sep 21, 2014 5:59 AM

May 2014
TheIMF said:

When did Slaine started saving their asses?He didn't do anything significant until he saved the guy that gunned down the princess.He is just a dumb retard poorly written character that unwittingly gave Saaz the info that Hime was still alive :)

Raziel1991 said:
So... a dumb possesive yandere obsessed with a princess is relatable?

LOL
Sep 21, 2014 6:04 AM

Oct 2010
Inaho, breaking the emo boy meta FTW!
Just because you people dont understand what goes around in his (autistic) mastermind, you think hes a bad char./Muchfacepalm
OFC most people cant relate to him.. and still you guys crying about that omg
Sep 21, 2014 6:13 AM

Sep 2010
I love Slaine better even after this finale probably my favorite character of the season that isn't a sequel also I have an obsession with male yandere anyways, but Inaho is a good character too.

I feel like after yesterday that I'm the only one in the fandom who cried over all three characters I loved all three of them and two of them died and the other is broken beyond repair. I'm just a big ball of cry really. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

You're missing the fact that it is SLAINE'S FAULT THAT SHE GOT GUNNED DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE. He deserves no pitty for being a fucking moron

Slaine didn't think to bring the princess along on a highly dangerous mission. The fault doesn't lie entirely with him. Inaho made an enemy of out of himself and Saazbaum treated Slaine with enough kindness to warrant some loyalty.

darkreaperix said:

When did Slaine started saving their asses?He didn't do anything significant until he saved the guy that gunned down the princess.He is just a dumb retard poorly written character that unwittingly gave Saaz the info that Hime was still alive :)

That time when he showed up just in time to save the Terrans and was shot down by Inaho afterwards. Without Slaine, they would've all died.

Y'all stay salty though.
Sep 21, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2014
TheIMF said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine didn't think to bring the princess along on a highly dangerous mission. The fault doesn't lie entirely with him. Inaho made an enemy of out of himself and Saazbaum treated Slaine with enough kindness to warrant some loyalty.

darkreaperix said:

That time when he showed up just in time to save the Terrans and was shot down by Inaho afterwards. Without Slaine, they would've all died.

Y'all stay salty though.

They could have still survive that,even without Slaine arriving.You seem to be glossing over the fact that Saz told Slaine that he wiill kill the princess,a few moments before the retard Slaine decided to save him,and killed the princess just like he told Slaine that he will kill the princess a few moments ago :heh
Sep 21, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2011
Slaine knew that Saazbaum wanted the princess dead and he also knew that the princess was inside the castle. He should have known that saving him would put the princess danger. And being loyal to Saazbaum and at the same time being loyal to the princess is a contradiction considering he wants her dead. If he truly wanted to save the princess Saazbaum is his enemy. Period. But it seems Slaine does not have much of a brain to understand something that simple.
Sep 21, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
This anime should be renamed : Trolling.theFandom.
Mmm, I love seeing that whole sweet tear jerking. It satisfy the sadist in me :)

Sorry guys. I tried thinking all over the night about the episode and still can't give a single fucks about Inaho death.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 21, 2014 9:16 AM
Jul 2014
In this moment I like both of them, one as the antagonist and the other... I don´t know if he is dead :D
Sep 21, 2014 12:31 PM
Sep 2014
Inaho,
someone on the wikia on inahos page said a very smart thing imo
"Inaho is one of my favourite characters ever.Why? Because unlike most wimpy emotionally unstable weak and dumb as fuck main leads he is a calm smart composed individual.Now people complain A LOT that he is emotionless and hes NOT he is just smart enough to know that him having little emotional oh woe is me bitch fests does nothing good for him or anyone else he is eficcient and he knows he is fighting a war where thousands of lives hang in the ballance.I honestly hope he is not dead because apart from the fact i love his character i belive that he is the only person who can stop the war or win it(if you wand proof who else beat all those martians with inferior tech and brains?) also if he does die it should be in a blaze of glory ending the war and not because some jelous dickless bitch decided to go psych yet AGAIN and shit on everything.I have honestly had it with Slaines(if the spelling is incorect i dont care i loathe the fuckup anyway and cant be bothered to check his name) loyalty and imthecenteroftheuniverse bitchiness he is a fucking BRAT Inaho called it and his character just annoyes the crap outta me if anyone should die its HIM id throw a party.If inaho is dead im dropping the anime since he was its saving grace. "

notice the "Because unlike most wimpy emotionally unstable weak and dumb as fuck main leads he is a calm smart composed individual"
Sep 26, 2014 11:00 PM

Jun 2014
Raziel1991 said:
So... a dumb possesive yandere who is obsessed with a princess is relatable?

Nailed it !
Sep 27, 2014 1:51 AM
Mar 2013
Maryruss said:
Gal3riel said:
i usualy don't love characters like slaine so i chose inaho...i do believe he had some sort of bad expirience like maybe his parents died in the heavens fall and he got trautamized or something :) hopefully they will show us something (sorry for my bad english)

Don't worry my english is bad too >.<
But it will interesting if Inaho get some character development, maybe with Yuki's dead.
well now we have to hope that he will be able to get some development with that ending xD
Sep 27, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2008
Gal3riel said:
Maryruss said:

Don't worry my english is bad too >.<
But it will interesting if Inaho get some character development, maybe with Yuki's dead.
well now we have to hope that he will be able to get some development with that ending xD

The only development he's getting is that of becoming a demented obsessed antagonist
Sep 27, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2008
mac9955 said:
Darklight0303 said:

The only development he's getting is that of becoming a demented obsessed antagonist

Why would Inaho be the antagonist? If he's alive he's going to be the protagonist.

Oh woops. I thought you meant Slaine. That's what I get for posting before waking up completely
Sep 27, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2012
Inaho is a bad character not because he's emotionless, or he's a gary stu, but because the writer didn't know how to write a good MC (or just deliberately make him like that so the viewers can self insert more easily)

My first impression on Inaho is pretty good as he seems to have a rather unique personality, but the more I watch the show, the more I hate him. No notable characteristic, no back drop, just nothing. If you decide to write a poker face protagonist, throw in some back story, his inner thought, struggle, conflict,... so that the viewer can feel more sympathy toward the character

Slaine is not what I'd call a good character, he's just your usual idealistic, naive, idiotic guy, but the show somehow (probably unintentionally) makes him more interesting, more human than Inaho. That's probably why many still feel some sympathy towards him even though he made the most stupid decisions he could have made.
Oct 12, 2014 5:20 PM
Feb 2013
That ending was great. So much win. Such a good series.

I personally love Slain. He was a well developed and highly dynamic character. Very interesting seeing his broad array of emotions and how he reacted to the various twists in the series. More than anything, he felt very real.

Ino was shit. Everyone around him was made out to be an idiot just to show how intelligent he was. He had nearly no substance and the story would have moved along fine with nearly any other stock character filling his role. His victories were PIS anyway. The first one was pretty cool, afterwards though? Bullshit.

I find it hilarious people hating on Slain at the end. He made one semi-poor decision in the heat of the moment. It was honestly understandable too. He saved the one man who showed him any kindness from the one who had betrayed him earlier on. That is called Karma. Had Inoha not shot him down earlier on than everything would have played out differently.

It's not like Slain expected his actions to immediately get the princess killed. He suffered for it, but he isn't evil or an idiot. Far from it, he was the most honorable and loyal/upright character in the series and his one man fight in a war where both sides are his enemy was what kept me interested. His fight wasn't as flashy as Ino's but it had more significance. He was one man, doing what he could against all the odds and it just didn't pan out. It doesn't make him any less heroic.

In the end, Ino pulled a gun on him. Slain did the right thing to put him down. Hopefully he really died. I don't see Slain as a villain and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes up the role as primary protagonist now.

It will be interesting to see how he develops after bringing about his own destruction.

As for the romance in the series: There was hardly any. Ino might have liked the Princess. Princess showed nothing beyond friendship. Slain obviously loved her though. Tragic and legit end.

The main villain was a boss too. Too bad he got trolled. I still can't believe he lost. That was the biggest ass-pull in the entire series.
Oct 12, 2014 5:55 PM
Sep 2014
Kurokolist said:
That ending was great. So much win. Such a good series.

I personally love Slain. He was a well developed and highly dynamic character. Very interesting seeing his broad array of emotions and how he reacted to the various twists in the series. More than anything, he felt very real.

Ino was shit. Everyone around him was made out to be an idiot just to show how intelligent he was. He had nearly no substance and the story would have moved along fine with nearly any other stock character filling his role. His victories were PIS anyway. The first one was pretty cool, afterwards though? Bullshit.

I find it hilarious people hating on Slain at the end. He made one semi-poor decision in the heat of the moment. It was honestly understandable too. He saved the one man who showed him any kindness from the one who had betrayed him earlier on. That is called Karma. Had Inoha not shot him down earlier on than everything would have played out differently.

It's not like Slain expected his actions to immediately get the princess killed. He suffered for it, but he isn't evil or an idiot. Far from it, he was the most honorable and loyal/upright character in the series and his one man fight in a war where both sides are his enemy was what kept me interested. His fight wasn't as flashy as Ino's but it had more significance. He was one man, doing what he could against all the odds and it just didn't pan out. It doesn't make him any less heroic.

In the end, Ino pulled a gun on him. Slain did the right thing to put him down. Hopefully he really died. I don't see Slain as a villain and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes up the role as primary protagonist now.

It will be interesting to see how he develops after bringing about his own destruction.

As for the romance in the series: There was hardly any. Ino might have liked the Princess. Princess showed nothing beyond friendship. Slain obviously loved her though. Tragic and legit end.

The main villain was a boss too. Too bad he got trolled. I still can't believe he lost. That was the biggest ass-pull in the entire series.

One Problem with the Tragic ending We don't Know that the Princess is dead
Oct 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
It's not even the ending though.
Oct 12, 2014 6:05 PM
Sep 2014
fst said:
It's not even the ending though.

True that's why we don't know the princess is really is dead or not
Oct 12, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
Death hasn't meant anything in this series since episode 3; After that, nobody stays dead anymore.
Oct 12, 2014 6:10 PM
Sep 2014
fst said:
Death hasn't meant anything in this series since episode 3; After that, nobody stays dead anymore.

Well not the main charecters except (maybe?) Inaho and every obital knights that was actually Slained
Oct 14, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
Out of the two, I prefer Slaine. Even though he's cray-cray, he's a helluva lot more interesting than Inaho. I'm actually happy Inaho got shot by Slaine. That's what he gets for shooting Slaine down earlier.
Oct 18, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
SaveTheAralSea said:
Out of the two, I prefer Slaine. Even though he's cray-cray, he's a helluva lot more interesting than Inaho. I'm actually happy Inaho got shot by Slaine. That's what he gets for shooting Slaine down earlier.

Ignoring that Slain shot him first in that scene. Typical slaine lover
Oct 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
Inaho is easily more loveable but I'd choose Slaine because
the guy's devotion is admirable, and he doesn't look like a stupid servant either. But I fear he might turn to worse in the next season.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 19, 2014 12:22 AM

Apr 2008
LeeNoriega said:
Inaho is easily more loveable but I'd choose Slaine because
the guy's devotion is admirable, and he doesn't look like a stupid servant either. But I fear he might turn to worse in the next season.

Not a stupid servant? The moron saved the proclaimed enemy of his precious master and got her kiled. That's the epitome of stupid servant
Jan 13, 2015 4:04 AM
Nov 2012
I vote for slaine, I liked his character progression from the moment he shot his superior to moment he shot you know who at the end. For inaho... i don't hate or like him at first but when he said he doesn't hate martian after shooting slaine plane, I almost punched my screen. Don't think inaho is special either just cause he beat the knights that are overly arrogant pilots who overestimates themselves, if only the pilots wouldn't rush them like idiots then they would know their enemies weaknesses.
Jan 18, 2015 6:13 AM

Sep 2008
*without voting*

I pick Slaine xD
Maybe because of his seiyuu,
maybe because I feel so bad for him,
feels like he is some kind punching bag for creators
and authors just sit there and think "how much more we can make him suffer?"
and I just noticed I prefer and I think more interesting are scenes with Slaine than with Inaho.
Like Slaine is more interesting character than Inaho.
Jan 18, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
LittleStar said:
*without voting*

I pick Slaine xD
Maybe because of his seiyuu,
maybe because I feel so bad for him,
feels like he is some kind punching bag for creators
and authors just sit there and think "how much more we can make him suffer?"
and I just noticed I prefer and I think more interesting are scenes with Slaine than with Inaho.
Like Slaine is more interesting character than Inaho.

if you do not feel sorry for the thousands of innocents who Slaine and Saazbaum are killing, I see that you feel sorry for a stupid character, not more of the genocide that Slaine and Saazbaum are practicing for their self-centered act,
So remembering the Anime genre is mecha, not sojho, Slaine does not fit.
His beloved Slaine commits genocio, destroys the image of the princess, kill people in the name of a person who is in a coma.
it really is like this in all forums, this type of fans who know nothing of the mecha genre, which are judged by the character case and not the content, is always drawn when placing a character that has nothing to do with gender.
feel sorry for those who commit genocide and destruction mace, a egocentric reason, only shows how much you are fanatic.
Slaine has more than 30 crimes among civilians, war and against humanity.
Jan 18, 2015 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Slaine because Inaho is annoying and I don't even like him from the start.
Jan 19, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2008
seujair31 said:
if you do not feel sorry for the thousands of innocents who Slaine and Saazbaum are killing, I see that you feel sorry for a stupid character, not more of the genocide that Slaine and Saazbaum are practicing for their self-centered act,
So remembering the Anime genre is mecha, not sojho, Slaine does not fit.
His beloved Slaine commits genocio, destroys the image of the princess, kill people in the name of a person who is in a coma.
it really is like this in all forums, this type of fans who know nothing of the mecha genre, which are judged by the character case and not the content, is always drawn when placing a character that has nothing to do with gender.
feel sorry for those who commit genocide and destruction mace, a egocentric reason, only shows how much you are fanatic.
Slaine has more than 30 crimes among civilians, war and against humanity.

Yeah.. but do you know Slaine is fictional character? xD
And as fictional character Slaine for me is more interesting than Inaho.
Jan 19, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
seujair31 said:
if you do not feel sorry for the thousands of innocents who Slaine and Saazbaum are killing

Why is Lelouch or Light loved by the anime community? They have slaughtered many humans. By your logic, any character who performs immoral deeds should be disliked, right?
Jan 19, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
seujair31 said:
if you do not feel sorry for the thousands of innocents who Slaine and Saazbaum are killing

Why is Lelouch or Light loved by the anime community? They have slaughtered many humans. By your logic, any character who performs immoral deeds should be disliked, right?

face then you're a joke, Lelouch did not admit his mistake, not planned his death at the hands of Suzuca, dying with all the sins of the world.
Lelouch is highly intelligent, plan your moves, was a great commander. Lelouch was well written, and your character hit with the general idea of the anime, his character fits into the proposed director of code gass.
face ta joke Lelouch compares with Slaine.
Slaine is a stupid doing it all wrong, totally stupid, do not know why the sky is blue, does everything wrong, do not think before doing things, has a background history ridiculous a rocket falling in the bathroom of the princess.
Lamentagel compares a genius strategist as Lelouch with someone no-brainer that does not do everything without thinking.
Man what a obsessive compussivo, ingenou has to do with mecha anime, Aldnoah has mecha main genre. Slaine does not fit.
Upgrade with super powers, and superobo for someone without skills, face looks when he piloted Tharssis the first time he already looked like a professional, even when Kira pilotu the first time he had dificudades.
Jan 19, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
Who's Face? What language are you speaking?

Why is the sky blue?
Jan 19, 2015 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
Slaine is probably the worst anime character out there. He's stupid, idiotic, easily manipulated, doesn't have a mind of his own, and just plain confused. All the "baddies" in the series were justifiable in their actions except for him. Characters like Inaho are a breath of fresh air in the anime scene and contrary to what many may think he does have a lot more to him than meets the eye. He reminded me a lot of Nagai Kei from Ajin. A character that puts rationality and action before emotion and nonsensical drama is much interesting than one that is plain dumb and generic.
Jan 19, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
Don't revive my shitty vs thread plz
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 20, 2015 5:35 AM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
Who's Face? What language are you speaking?

Why is the sky blue?

Sorry friend, but the comparison that you do with Lelouch is simply ridiculous.
Lelouch has several attractions in persongem He is a great leader, a tremendous strategist, it possesses a great logic behind their actions, and is very smart, and makes use of these quality.
Slaine has nothing to do with Lelouch, Slaine is naive, acts by istintos animals, lacks intelligence, knows nothing about strategy. Lelouch manipulating people. Slaine is manipulated by others
compare a mediocre perssonagem and poorly written with Slaine, with Lelouch is a joke.
when you are comparing, use character who asemelhem the characteristics of Slaine, as protagonistasa Hentai netore, which are easily deceived, has tendency to fracasar and never do anything right, or starring drama Shojo
Errado?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

544 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 17, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

622 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 17, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2121 by Sakio »»
Apr 7, 2:31 PM

» Romance ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shomix - Jul 22, 2014

396 by srujan26 »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:27 AM

» Sequel ?

Destined321 - Oct 12, 2023

7 by Destined321 »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.