Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah that noise...I don't just mean the OST this episode.

The battle was alright. There were some good teamwork and clashes but it dragged more than I had expected. Even the princess is lending help. Tension building.
Stark700Aug 16, 2014 10:39 AM
Aug 16, 2014 9:05 AM
Nov 2013
Not of this Slaine is a very weak character, he looks like a dead, has no character besides being ignorant talking nonsense to the princess about the sea and the sky were formed.
I hope this is Slaine killed soon, can not stand him and his idiocies.
The only thing that serves Slaine is to be beaten by Martian commander.
Undoubtedly one of the worst character ever created.
Slaine = SHIT
Aug 16, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2008
Death by getting run over by a battleship. Well that works!
Aug 16, 2014 9:44 AM
Aug 2014
Enemy of my enemy is my friend.
But you're still my enemy, so you must die too. O hisashiburi da na, lelouch.

and yeah EVA 02 cataphract for Inaho, YAY
Aug 16, 2014 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
venk said:

Nah he didn't shoot to kill. He just shot to bring him down for capture.
Aug 16, 2014 9:49 AM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
venk said:

i'm just kidding you know for "die" part, lol.
it's just his character remind me lelouch.
Aug 16, 2014 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
venk said:
Darklight0303 said:

Honestly given the conspiracy in the Martian ranks I'd say Inaho took the safest route that will also give them a chance to question their unannounced air support
Aug 16, 2014 9:54 AM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
venk said:

Honestly given the conspiracy in the Martian ranks I'd say Inaho took the safest route that will also give them a chance to question their unannounced air support

i know that, but his line "riyou sareru to, komaru no ka" (do you have a problem if your princess used by us ?), so cold, but i loved it
Aug 16, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
venk said:
Darklight0303 said:

i know that, but his line "riyou sareru to, komaru no ka" (do you have a problem if your princess used by us ?), so cold, but i loved it

Hahaha yea that would be a nice jab even if it wasn't Slaine he was saying it to. It's like "oh so it's a problem if we use her but when you do it's A Ok?"
Aug 16, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
It's quite obviously that he didn't killed him.
Slaine is alive they can't just killing him off yet.
Haha

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 16, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
The last part of the episode leave me 0.0, sorry I watched without subttles.
Aug 16, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
Slaine and Inaho cooperating against that Martian Kataphrakt. Inaho finally declared that they are enemies.

That flying ship and Kataphrakt 15 years ago. Will Inaho use it with the help of Hime? How will earthlings react after they discovered that Hime is alive? I'm sure it will cause some uproar.

Good to see that ED2 is back.
MizeteoAug 16, 2014 10:37 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2013
That is a big battleship. Inaho now declaring to Slaine that he is an enemy of his.
Aug 16, 2014 10:38 AM
May 2011
I wonder how soon will everything turn to love triangle with crazy obsessed Slaine trying to get Hime back to him. I guess in second season only...
Aug 16, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
babymilo91 said:
That is a big battleship. Inaho now declaring to Slaine that he is an enemy of his.

They traded a carrier for a state of the art battleship. I'd say that's quite the upgrade o/
Aug 16, 2014 10:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I SAY CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Finally the epic ending song that we all love has returned :DDDD

The first half of the episode was pretty cool....Twas pretty funny seeing Inaho and Slaine size each other up lol And dem codenames...."Bat" and "Orange" xDDD

And as usual, the anime addressed the traditional not that serious complaint of the week.....They intentionally let Slaine escape so that they can find out where he's going and weed out the enemy....I hope that you nitpickers are satisfied now -_-

The second half was awesome as well....Looks like my theory is coming together nicely now that they found that hidden base with the Aldnoah Mech and Battleship.....Slaine and Inaho's teamwork and just general interaction was amazing and I can't wait to see more of it in future episodes (Hopefully)

But that last part though.....The talk about the princess was funny and Inaho shooting him down and calling him his enemy was a surprise to me but that just makes this whole thing a hell of a lot more interesting....

Also, red head female revenge Inaho is freaking awesome...What a kill shot, and with no hesitation too...That was badass....
Aug 16, 2014 10:41 AM
Mar 2012
The writing and asspulls are starting to get in the way.

From Inaho's perspective, Slaine knowing that the princess is alive *is* really shady. But the whole thing was handled poorly, hopefully next episodes cleans it up.
There was foreshadowing for a martian mech on the island, them pulling a battleship came a bit out of nowhere.

Too many coincidences for it to be healthy.
Aug 16, 2014 10:42 AM
Mar 2014
Interesting episode. And WTF Inaho?
Also, as I predicted (although slightly sooner then I expected), Earth gets their hands on Aldnoah-technology. And the princess shows herself for real this time. Slower episode then last time, but interesting.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 10:43 AM
Sep 2013
Good episode Slaine and Inaho team up well for the time being anyway. So Princess finally reveals herself. The Ost was on point for this whole episode. Inaho shows a little bit of emotion at least when we called slaine an enemy. So he does plan to exploit her. Also the red haired chick got owned at the end.
Aug 16, 2014 10:46 AM
Jan 2014
Really enjoyable episode. Felt like I was watching a Hiroyuki AMV, lol.

The martian battleship looks really cool. Looks like Asseylum finally revealed her identity. She found the perfect time for it, as well.

I like how Rayet finished off Femian with that HE shell.

I wonder what will happen to Slaine from now on. I doubt Asseylum knew that he was the pilot of the martian aircraft. Didn't like how Inaho simply shot him down for such a lame reason. I mean exploiting Asseylum would benefit the terrans a lot. It's the only way to fight back against Vers. Don't know why Slaine was bummed out when he heard that.
ResidentAug 18, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
So I wondered how they would get a Vers Kataphrakt of their own, but it just happens to be in Tanegashima.... Mmmm I would have expected the writers to be more creative than that. There's no plothole because they covered it up with the whole missing Tanegashima report and they've been hinting at it through Lt. Marito's flashbacks, but still... Iunno. I'll let it slide.

First episode to break out of the formula. Basically 20 minutes of fighting, which was pretty exciting but also dragged out.

Also, Slaine seems like he'll be stranded in Tanegashima for awhile. Saazbaum will probably get to him first and manipulate Slaine into becoming the Terran enemy. Slaine belongs to the princess's side, and he'll side with whichever side as long as he can save the princess. And he's out for Inaho for sure.
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A hidden dock in the midst of an intense battle? Earthlings sure are lucky! Maybe a little too lucky with the discovery of a miraculous machine.

Inaho and Slaine's teamwork was splendid. Loved the way they countered every attack from that Martian Kataphrakt. Badass duo!
Rayet lands the final strike. She needs more spotlight though.

Damnit Inaho! Why turn your back on Slaine after such a great victory? >.<
I'm still hoping for them to continue collaborating together.

Great episode with awesome actions and excellent OSTs! Martians will be making their next move very soon once they locate Slaine. :O

Aug 16, 2014 10:47 AM

Dec 2011
Can someone explain what Aldnoah is? Because if it was explained, I didn't quite catch that.
Aug 16, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Animation:
Animation was well handled throughout. The 3dCG looked a tad bad when the enemy transformed but overall it wasn't anything that bad. Action was a lot smoother and less stiff than it was in the other episodes.

The battleship is well designed even if.. I'll get to that later.

Music:
New song that was integrated well and fit with what was going on. Occasionally the music was too loud and made the lyrics distracting from the things the characters were saying but otherwise fine.

Characters:
Slaine is now disappointing me... A bit inconsistent with his established character right off the bat. What, he is absolutely terrified of killing a person but casually shoots a guys leg with no hesitation whatsoever? Meh.. Kind of a nitpick.
I did like how Slaine passed out in his jet though when doing reckless things to escape the rocket-arms.

So they intentionally let Slaine escape, kay. Not really an issue, glad they addressed it at least. Even if it didn't make sense, it basically amounted to, "No, don't chase after him, I will watch him instead". You'd think the guy would find that suspicious considering how arrogant they are to the point they probably would think no matter who he is going to they could kill them. Whatever.

Inaho... -sigh-.. I... -sigh-... "The enemy of enemy is my friend" ... "Well now that the fight is over I am now heavily suspicious of you and decide to try and drown you." ... Ugh...

Princess admits she is mostly at fault, decides to actually do something by lending her power... I think...? Pretty sure that's what happened.

And Villain dies without getting ANY characterization besides being an evil bitch. -sigh-

Story:
OH BOY, THE STORY! I don't usually get so angry but wow.
TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR STEREOTYPICAL MECHA SHOW GUYS.
THEY DIDN'T RANDOMLY FIND A SUPER-MECHA THAT SAVED THE DAY CONVENIENTLY! ... THEY FOUND A SUPER-*BATTLESHIP* THAT SAVED THE DAY CONVENIENTLY.

Oh boy, it was found in a secret passage that conveniently was revealed when Inaho sent a rocket-arm flying RANDOMLY into a cliff!

Despite the action and music being a bit better than the previous episodes... This is the worst episode to me thus far.
KetenAug 16, 2014 10:51 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
OG-3 said:
Can someone explain what Aldnoah is? Because if it was explained, I didn't quite catch that.
Honestly I don't know myself lol...I think it's a rare metal native to Mars that has special properties

TokoyaAug 16, 2014 10:55 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2012
Dat teamwork!

Must this was a really good episode. I like how Slaine and Inaho worked as a team. The battle looked amazing. Also happy that the princess was reveled. So it would make sense on how they are flying the ship. Inaho capturing Slaine was unexpected to me. I thought they would be friends afterwards. Can't wait to see how next episode plays out.

5/5.

Aug 2007
Great ep. I knew they would find some alien tech on that island but nice upgrade with a ship. Now it looks like they may make a difference now. Nice battle with that enemy mech I was beginning to think there was no weakness this time other then she only had one weapon. Well I'm glad she had something up her sleeve. Though nice way to defeat her by hitting her with the ship itself. Looking forward to the next ep even more. The majority of people saw the Princess transform to power that ship. Bound to ask questions there. Inaho most likely captured Slaine so bound to question him for answers. The red hair girl even used the mech to deliver the final kill on that enemy. I wonder if she will join the battles to kill all martians now?

Sent with Mal Updater

Jun 2013
DeviFreakMint said:

From Inaho's perspective, Slaine knowing that the princess is alive *is* really shady. But the whole thing was handled poorly, hopefully next episodes cleans it up.
There was foreshadowing for a martian mech on the island, them pulling a battleship came a bit out of nowhere.

Yeah I hoped the writing wouldn't resort to such asspulls... they could've either stolen a Vers Kataphrakt and study how to make their own Vers Kataphrakt, but nope. We'll just give the characters a Vers Kataphrakt battleship. That's a reaaaaall plot twist there, Aldnoah.Zero writers, totally didn't see that coming.
Aug 16, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
Anyone else get a flashback to this with the reveal of the Martian battleship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKe0wARmks4
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Aug 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely best ep yet! Dat OST >.< Eargasms!! :3

Totally loved the teamwork between Inaho and Slaine :D Lol'd so much at how Inaho was ordering Slaine around like his bitch XD And then when he did his job he shot him down :O No mercy.

I wonder how they'll interact with each other from now on? Loved their interactions this ep. But they seem to hate each other quite a lot right now ^^;

Totally loved when the Battleship appeared out of nowhere O_O And Asseylem revealed herself. I wonder what they're gonna do now that they found out?

I hope Inaho will be able to use the Red Kataphrakt. It looks awesome.

Oh also nice to see they explained how Slaine escaped. It's just that they didn't give chase ^^
Aug 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
a good episode, love the combat, but i don't understand why Inaho think slaine is enemy?
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
The Komori

Mar 2013
Keten said:
Animation:
Animation was well handled throughout. The 3dCG looked a tad bad when the enemy transformed but overall it wasn't anything that bad. Action was a lot smoother and less stiff than it was in the other episodes.

The battleship is well designed even if.. I'll get to that later.

Music:
New song that was integrated well and fit with what was going on. Occasionally the music was too loud and made the lyrics distracting from the things the characters were saying but otherwise fine.

Characters:
Slaine is now disappointing me... A bit inconsistent with his established character right off the bat. What, he is absolutely terrified of killing a person but casually shoots a guys leg with no hesitation whatsoever? Meh.. Kind of a nitpick.
I did like how Slaine passed out in his jet though when doing reckless things to escape the rocket-arms.

So they intentionally let Slaine escape, kay. Not really an issue, glad they addressed it at least. Even if it didn't make sense, it basically amounted to, "No, don't chase after him, I will watch him instead". You'd think the guy would find that suspicious considering how arrogant they are to the point they probably would think no matter who he is going to they could kill them. Whatever.

Inaho... -sigh-.. I... -sigh-... "The enemy of enemy is my friend" ... "Well now that the fight is over I am now heavily suspicious of you and decide to try and drown you." ... Ugh...

Princess admits she is mostly at fault, decides to actually do something by lending her power... I think...? Pretty sure that's what happened.

And Villain dies without getting ANY characterization besides being an evil bitch. -sigh-

Story:
OH BOY, THE STORY! I don't usually get so angry but wow.
TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR STEREOTYPICAL MECHA SHOW GUYS.
THEY DIDN'T RANDOMLY FIND A SUPER-MECHA THAT SAVED THE DAY CONVENIENTLY! ... THEY FOUND A SUPER-*BATTLESHIP* THAT SAVED THE DAY CONVENIENTLY.

Oh boy, it was found in a secret passage that conveniently was revealed when Inaho sent a rocket-arm flying RANDOMLY into a cliff!

Despite the action and music being a bit better than the previous episodes... This is the worst episode to me thus far.
Taking a life =/= Injuring someone's leg =/

Aug 2012
Slaine is stuck in the middle, can't seem to find comfort on either side. There's some definite potential there. I hope he doesn't end up joining the Terrans but remains stuck in the middle as the wildcard and ends up being the hero.

Inaho gets some much needed characterization at the end. The only question is whether he was testing Slaine's loyalty to the princess, or he really does plan to exploit her if necessary. Either way, it was a welcome development to see him shoot down someone who had just helped him.

looks like it's gonna be Uchuu Senkan Aldnoah now.
Aug 16, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
Tokoya said:

Nitpick =/= Legitimate criticism

I just pointed it out because it felt a bit weird to me. That's all.

Dec 2013
LOOOOOOL this episode was pretty funny, Elaine escaping again was funny, how could people miss shooting at him. My prediction for this episode was correct, mainly focusing on the whole fight, which was pretty decent. Inaho and Elaine working together was alright, luckily the other side characters are making more of an impact which is a good improvement. Music was good too.

The ending was semi funny, Inaho, although taking the right measures, didn't really have to shoot him down to make a point, he could've asked first. I think it was an attempt to make him look bad ass, in the end I thought he looked like a cock.Also, when the arm was coming and almost bit the nob combatants, I know that they go off course when they open their hand and it's shot (which is a huge huge flaw) but why did it go off course?, it's hand was closed and then it randomly missed.

Nevertheless, a big improvement from the the previous episodes. The design of the mechs are ass pulls though.

Jun 2013
OG-3 said:

It was explained during Asseylum and Inaho's conversation last episode. It's basically the ignition sequence needed to awaken and pilot a Vers Kataphrakt. To monopolize this power, the Vers Emperor embedded the Aldnoah factor into his genes so that only his descendants have the power to control Vers Kataphrakt. However, once there were people who swore allegiances to the emperor, the emperor generously bestowed the Aldnoah factor to those who would swear loyalty and fight for the emperor.
Aug 16, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
OK, i understand why Slaine calls Inaho 'Orange', but wtf is 'Bat' supposed to mean?

I still don't understand why Inaho shot Slaine down, Slaine was helping him fight ...

Overall good fight, more people know about Princess Asseylum!

Looking forward to see what will happen to Slain next episode..
Aug 16, 2014 10:57 AM
Mar 2014
OG-3 said:

Aldnoah is an technology that predates humanity, thus predates the Vers Empire. The first/current Vers Emperor found it when he was on Mars, and apparently only his bloodline can activate the technology and give access to it - this was imposed upon by the sentient artifact the emperor found.
If I were to gamble it's an warpcore-technology with some as of yet unknown technological properties. It seems to use an special metal of some sort.

It's still a mystery what the full capabilities of it are - and I reckon we'll get to see the full potential of it before the end of the series. No doubt the original source of the Aldnoah-technology will be involved at some point.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 10:58 AM
Mar 2014
novian14 said:
a good episode, love the combat, but i don't understand why Inaho think slaine is enemy?

He doesn't know that Slaine is a Earth human.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2011
That was great... It's always a pleasure seeing Inaho's strategies work out. Reminds me of code geass, just a bit more subtle.
Aug 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the episode, amazing OST.
Looks like the people from earth still don't trust the martian guy even after him helping, huh?
Aug 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
The episode was supreme on everything!

Inaho is wicked. He changes his decisions so instantly. Just wow! Best male lead in years! I think he changed his mind as soon as he saw they now have a battleship powered with Aldnoah to fight against the martians and quickly realized Slaine to be a hinder on his plans. Talk about using like I rag to clean up stuff and throwing in the bin. I feel bad about Slaine and looks like Inaho is going to be the evil to fight evil.

Masterful episode! Now I am really pumped up if I wasn't already after the first six episodes!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2014 11:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
pakoko said:
DeviFreakMint said:

Yeah I hoped the writing wouldn't resort to such asspulls... they could've either stolen a Vers Kataphrakt and study how to make their own Vers Kataphrakt, but nope. We'll just give the characters a Vers Kataphrakt battleship. That's a reaaaaall plot twist there, Aldnoah.Zero writers, totally didn't see that coming.
I was hoping that this bolded part would have happened but oh well....I think (More like hoping) that maybe they will use the Aldnoah Mech (That is Slaine will study and replicate its design schematics) to make new machines or modify the earth's machines and since that mech might be seen as a symbol of fear and cause a lot of chaos and strife for the Earthlings, I think they're going to re-design it as well (With Inaho piloting it and most likely painting it orange lol)
Aug 16, 2014 11:03 AM
Jan 2014
Smartninja said:
OK, i understand why Slaine calls Inaho 'Orange', but wtf is 'Bat' supposed to mean?

Maybe because of the look of the aircraft that he was piloting? I guess that's what came to Inaho's mind when he referring to him.

Smartninja said:
I still don't understand why Inaho shot Slaine down, Slaine was helping him fight ...

Probably cause he saw him as a potential threat. Inaho doesn't know what Slaine would do if he could contact Asseylum directly. He could be seen as an assassin.
ResidentAug 16, 2014 11:54 AM
Aug 16, 2014 11:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Keten said:
Tokoya said:

Nitpick =/= Legitimate criticism

I just pointed it out because it felt a bit weird to me. That's all.
I didn't take any offense by it....I just found it to be pretty weird that something like that bothered you since the former doesn't even compare that much to the latter

Jan 2014
[quote=jdbe
The ending was semi funny, Inaho, although taking the right measures, didn't really have to shoot him down to make a point, he could've asked first. I think it was an attempt to make him look bad ass, in the end I thought he looked like a cock

[/quote]
Slaine shots first. Inaho just replies. Watch carefully before making any argument.

Jul 2014
Well then... Slaine is pretty screwed right now since he is basically stranded on Tanegashima. I didn't expect Inaho do just turn on saline like that (what an asshole!!) Then again he isn't familiar with slaines situation and doesn't know he is a earth human. Pretty good episode though
Aug 16, 2014 11:05 AM

Nov 2013
A HIDDEN DOCK???????????

Next episode - genie in a lamp
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 16, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
what an annoying mutherf.cker this Inaho.I just hope Slaine kick his retarded ass in the next episode
Aug 16, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
man are all the martian pilots stupid as hell? why would you even open your hands if that makes them vulnerable? especially after one of them already got destroyed that way? and shouldn't you know the thrusters are a weak point? why the hell would you charge a gigantic battleship leaving your weakpoint completely exposed? urghhhh

the whole "one molecule" thing doesn't make any sense even by anime standards

The end thing where inaho shot down slaine's plane felt pretty forced. It looked like slaine shot first (or maybe same time)? Why would he do that? be a lot harder to infiltrate the ship and meet the princess if they are on guard cause you blew up their star pilot
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

544 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 17, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

622 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 17, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2121 by Sakio »»
Apr 7, 2:31 PM

» Romance ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shomix - Jul 22, 2014

396 by srujan26 »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:27 AM

» Sequel ?

Destined321 - Oct 12, 2023

7 by Destined321 »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.