Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
Slow paced episode. I understand why though cuz the next episodes are probably gonna be very heavy on action. And god damn! Even the nurse is joining Kirito's harem. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 16, 2014 2:59 PM
Mar 2014
I enjoyed this EP, the real world stuff is necessary.

Next week is gonna be good!
Aug 16, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
R4vel said:
*cough

Haha lol. As soon as I saw Sugu in this episode I knew people were going to freak out lol. I don't mind sugu as much as other people do. Thats just me.
Aug 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Damn my man Spiegel just wants to score, but that girl aint easy.
Aug 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Feels like every episode is just building up the tension and action for the next one. Next week those all will be released! Getting exciting!
Aug 16, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
So many people here can't stand a bit of character development.
Aug 16, 2014 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
R4vel said:
*cough

Ahahah truestory

btw why doesn't Kirito stop thinking like a loser? He won against those 3 persons in SAO, he was the boss there and now he cries because he killed a few players? Fuck that shit, that's not our gamer Kirito anymore.
Aug 16, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
Nice build up episode. Damn! It seems that kirito can get any girl even the nurse. l

"I feel so sorry for Shinkawa, he thinks that he and Sinon will be a thing.
Sorry to break it to you, but she's all over Kirito's lightsaber." This made me lol.
Aug 16, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Of course Suguha/Kirino/Kotori's voice actor is capable of delivering that perfect "onii-chan~"

Friend got rejected, damn that's cold Shino. Kirito has enough women going after him.
Aug 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
Also what's wrong with that Spiegel guy? So pushy lol
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 16, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
usually bad attempts at drama end up making me laugh but this time i only felt bored an somewhat annoyed with them
also gtfo annoying imouto character
Aug 16, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
Not much happened, fillerish episode.
Aug 16, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
I think it was good, it showed more of past and much irl stuff not much action doe
Aug 16, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
Okish episode. More of a buildup episode and all that talking is kind of boring except for the nurse part.
Aug 16, 2014 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Shinkawa is so screwed because Sinon already entered the orbit of Kirito's dick.

Ahh I really don't want Sinon to be another pointless harem member of Kirito.... She is actually a good character(the only one in this damn series) I hope Shinkawa gets his stuff together and hires Death Gun to kill Kirito so he can have Sinon for himself, or you know, be less persistent and try to get the girl by other means than asking 'I really liek u so, please, plox be mein kanojo'. Not that this series is realistic in the way of getting a girlfriend since the main character got a football team of girlfriend candidates already and is still getting more by simply having the mass of his dick so huge that its gravitational field attracts every single female object in the damn universe of this anime. I hope they will explain the theoretical physics and the forces active in the whole scientific process of attracting female life forms in the realms of Kirito's dick. I really love scientific anime like this. 11/10 anime of the century.

This anime is very similar to Steins; Gate in the way of a scientist protagonist who develops a very useful technology. In Steins Gate it was time-travel seehningans, but here Kirito really outdone all other competition, he developed an artifical gravitational field! Not just normal gravity, no, it attracts everything that is feminine. Even such tight girls like Sinon fall to his cutting-edge technology without trouble! Steins gate sucks, this is the new scientist anime of the century. I love how everything is explained scientifically. Kirito also reminded me of Lelouch because of his tactical prowess, he uses SWORDS in a shooter?! Damn his enemies wont expect that, this completly turns the tide in his favour in every engagement. Kirito is the most intelligent protagonist ever, and he ain't 'asspull' intelligent either! He achieved his intelligence by his sheer will and determination.
AppoXAug 16, 2014 4:15 PM
I am a human.
Aug 16, 2014 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
I have a strange feeling that Sinon going to fall in love with Kirito for some stupid reason i mean how bad romance can be in SAO that won't be a big surprise. this whole episode was showing us how everyone is worried about Kirito even though his gonna win the turnament it's SAO for a f**k sake ofcours Kirito's going to win and, i won't be surprised if the nurse is going to fall in love with Kirito we all know that Kirito attracts big breasted woman the same way SAO attracts haters.
Aug 16, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
For some reason, the balloon annoyed me, maybe it was because it moved faster than the episode. The whole episode was just chatting and flashbacks and nothing new was learnt.
Though the next episode is going to be fighting lots :D
Aug 16, 2014 4:08 PM
Oct 2012
Transition episode, clears the way for probably 2 straight action episodes so good there.

I like how they showed Shion at the start of overcoming her trauma, convergence of the two things she wanted, someone who understood what she did and someone strong that she can overcome.

Have to say, also like that they haven't indulged in any gratuitous fan service. A-1 is just going with the story, which is almost always a good idea.

Still holding at an 8, next week we will know if this show can break out or not.
Aug 16, 2014 4:11 PM
Mar 2013
Sad Art Online....that's the new name for this episode.

Sinon rejected that guy way too many times. If it was me my soul would be crushed.
Aug 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2014
Good old retroactive character development.
Aug 16, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
It was nice to see another game animated other than GGO. Hopefully this next tournament is more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
UndeadSoul said:
Sad Art Online....that's the new name for this episode.

Sinon rejected that guy way too many times. If it was me my soul would be crushed.

Lol XD....

Can't wait too see when Asuna and Gang watch kirito in action... Hyped....

Aug 16, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
Oh no, Suguha. Ruined the episode for me.

Man, Shinkawa is getting so hectically friendzoned by Sinon, really makes me feel bad for the dude. Beta as fuck.

It's pretty obvious the Death Gun is the dude with white hair.

AppoX said:
Shinkawa is so screwed because Sinon already entered the orbit of Kirito's dick.

Couldn't have said it any better.
MinagatachiAug 16, 2014 4:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
Fiji said:
It was nice to see another game animated other than GGO. Hopefully this next tournament is more interesting.

I wouldn't get your hopes up know this show. It's fights are very much of the one and done quicky variety.
Aug 16, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2013
I was expecting some action but i guess it was a good episode. Shinkawa was a little creepy lol

Aug 16, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
I honestly like how much slower this is than the original. At least it's trying, half of the episodes in season one had no connection with the story and were never brought up again. Kirito is at least feasibly possible to relate now, still a Gary Stu but some kind of emotion besides passion is better.
Aug 16, 2014 4:55 PM
Oct 2012
Chabe said:
Good old retroactive character development.

No, it was in the novel, it just wasn't covered in the animation.

Personally I think that the people who wrote the first season didn't bother to read ahead in the series, otherwise they would have known to slot in a bit more about Kirito and the Laughing Coffins.
Aug 16, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Sinon is mad as fuck. But poor girl, she's receiving a weak confession in the middle of nowhere to what seem to be a stalker.

Asuna is like one of those annoying player that goes ''brb'' in the middle of an important fight while having an important role.

''No, stay in ALO. If not, Yui will feel lonely.''
Nah, don't worry Kirito, she's just a program. An elaborated program, but still just a program.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 16, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
Kirito and Sinon ready for the BoB Main Tournament.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 16, 2014 5:01 PM
Jul 2013
I feel bad for Spiegel's ''rejection'' >:
Aug 16, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
Minagatachi said:
Oh no, Suguha. Ruined the episode for me.
Haha as soon as I saw suguha in this episode I knew people were gonna flip shit lol. I for one was actually happy to see her get some screen time.
Aug 16, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was so slow, nothing happened. Start the tournament already.
Aug 16, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
3/5, disappointing ep.
Aug 16, 2014 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
I can't help but feel bored every time the story cuts to Asuna and friends. I really don't give a shit about the rest of his harem. GGO is far more interesting.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Aug 16, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2011
dammit, Nothing really happened, I thought Kirito and that counselor were gonna kiss tho.

Kirito really has guts, to leave all his harem in ALO. -_- He's crazy.
Aug 16, 2014 5:32 PM
Oct 2012
IronLobster said:
I can't help but feel bored every time the story cuts to Asuna and friends. I really don't give a shit about the rest of his harem. GGO is far more interesting.

That's because it is filler. Not that I blame the animators, they have to deal with people who haven't read the novels, so what they are doing is to put them in every 4th episode, so when the story shifts from Kirito to Asuna in episode 16 or 17 the anime only people won't go "what the hell...."

That they are doing this is pretty much confirmation that we are getting Mother Rosario this season. Which is good, because if they can animate the ending without making it corny it would be the perfect capstone for this season.
Aug 16, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2012
I really liked the nurse's quotes.
Aug 16, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode. Of course it was slow, but who cares? If they would skip stuff like this, you guys would be complaining that nothing is ever explained, that it's full of plot holes, that the characters are one-dimensional and so on.
Aug 16, 2014 5:41 PM
Oct 2012
NwAurion said:
I liked this episode. Of course it was slow, but who cares? If they would skip stuff like this, you guys would be complaining that nothing is ever explained, that it's full of plot holes, that the characters are one-dimensional and so on.

Don't worry, they will do that either way ;-)

I have to give A-1 credit here. They are serving up a perfectly decent animation. Not great, but one of the things that makes it fun is to see the haters stewing in their vitriol.
Aug 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
NwAurion said:
that the characters are one-dimensional and so on.

One dimension, is one too many for those characters.
I am a human.
Aug 16, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2014
Haha IKR??! Kirito's girls are always after him even if does have a girlfriend already?? Anyway that yellow jacket guy (Forgot his name) got "Friendzoned" XD anyway action is rising up in the next episode! This is going to be fun :D
KinoAkiAug 16, 2014 5:53 PM
Aug 16, 2014 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
A slow episode, a pause before the real deal. Which, to me, is not a bad thing at all. Best part of the episode has to be the dialogue with the hot nurse, she said some pretty interesting things. But anyway, next episode the action is back!
Aug 16, 2014 6:03 PM

Jan 2014
Slow and uneventful episode.

I personally just don't care for Kirito's trauma which came just out of nowhere. I mean, he's been playing ALO for months and there, freakin' Aincard was floating right above his head, but he never really showed any sign of the past events haunting him like that. He was actually enthusiastically looking forward to challenging it again when it reappeared in ALO. Then again, some form of repercussions from that time was needed, so better late than never. Not to mention that his first meeting with Death Gun was well done, also thanks to Kirito's reaction.
Doesn't change the fact that I don't care for his sudden weakness though.

Hoping for a lot more action again next week.
JoekstarAug 16, 2014 6:07 PM
Aug 16, 2014 6:07 PM

Jun 2013
This episode takes more time in the real life than the GGO. Suguha, Asuna, Klein, Yui, Silica and Lizbeth have screen time in this chapter.
Kirito gets some comfort from the hot nurse.
Asada/Sinon friendzoning Shinkawa.
But duh, Shinkawa...

Next episode is the real time: the Bullet of of Bullets Tournament!
Aug 16, 2014 6:18 PM
Oct 2012
BeatzMe said:
I personally just don't care for Kirito's trauma which came just out of nowhere. I mean, he's
been playing ALO for months and there, freakin' Aincard was floating right above his head, but he never really
showed any sign of the past events haunting him like that. .

The animation didn't cover it, but the novel did. Let's just say that the last time that Kirito saw the Laughing Coffin emblem he had almost been killed. So not only is it tied into his being a "murderer", but also it reminded him of his own mortality.
Aug 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2014
Slow, but hopefully it will build up to an epic battle!
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
Aug 16, 2014 6:28 PM

Sep 2012
Felt like watching some Mexican soap opera. The writing of that nurse dialogue was really bad.

Nice job A-1 with that balloon parallel, unfortunately, those 2 PTSD subplots are executed in a mediocre way.
Aug 16, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Satan-sama said:
dammit, Nothing really happened, I thought Kirito and that counselor were gonna kiss tho.

Kirito really has guts, to leave all his harem in ALO. -_- He's crazy.
Kirito should just dump Asuna and bang the nurse imo. Banging a hot nurse is every man's dream.
Aug 16, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
BeatzMe said:
I personally just don't care for Kirito's trauma which came just out of nowhere. I mean, he's
been playing ALO for months and there, freakin' Aincard was floating right above his head, but he never really
showed any sign of the past events haunting him like that. .

The animation didn't cover it, but the novel did. Let's just say that the last time that Kirito saw the Laughing Coffin emblem he had almost been killed. So not only is it tied into his being a "murderer", but also it reminded him of his own mortality.

That's great and all for the novel readers, but doesn't make it any better in the anime.
And thanks, but I already understood his reasons. I never said his trauma was unjustified. That whole fight against the laughing coffin that's apparently burdening him so much, was first shown after his trauma was introduced, hence why I said it came out of nowhere. There was literally no build up.
JoekstarAug 16, 2014 6:40 PM
Aug 16, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2013
Hey nurse, you want to counsel me?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.