Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 4 Discussion

Aug 17, 2014 8:06 PM
average episode

Aug 18, 2014 3:50 AM

veluriel said:
Discussion of the "kiss scene" under the tag because it's long and kind of boring if you're uninterested in that whole discussion.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. You've made me realize that my vehemence and wording went too far and you've communicated the issues I have with the scene far better than I ever could. I agree with what you've said and how you said it.

Aug 18, 2014 8:17 PM

It was a meh episode.

I feel like they aren't giving the characters as much depth as the first anime did, like Rei and Usagi always fighting ect. Plus I felt like there was sometimes more funny moments. If I had never watched the first one I wouldn't really know much about the characters.

& that moon beam, I was like wut o__o

Aug 18, 2014 9:26 PM

Rape talk done?...Excellent

I feel gyped with that Makoto cameo! I'd rather not seen her at all, such a teaser!

I never notice the wonky animation either until I see examples in the discussion boards, far too interested in what's happening and not looking for it. It's interesting to see it after the fact though.

Usagi just sleeping anywhere in her sailor suit. "Who is this girl and why is she cosplaying at a formal function" XD

Aug 19, 2014 12:30 AM
CG said:
^ so much for a faithfull manga adaptation then...

reminder that Naoko is taking this opportunity to do things in Crystal that she couldn't do in the manga - this includes changing parts of the story at her whim.

Aug 19, 2014 2:45 AM

Jupiter is 3 weeks away? Oh well.
I only watch for the fights...and transformations.

Aug 19, 2014 8:52 AM
So... not only does she throw her tiara, but now she can shoot beams of light from it? -_-'
(。◕‿◕。)っ♨
Blog | YouTube | Twitter

Aug 19, 2014 10:41 AM

rtil said:
CG said:
^ so much for a faithfull manga adaptation then...

reminder that Naoko is taking this opportunity to do things in Crystal that she couldn't do in the manga - this includes changing parts of the story at her whim.

This should be stickied on every Sailor Moon forum :)

Aug 19, 2014 3:14 PM

10/10 episode, can't wait to see how the story will be slightly different from the manga since they're changing things according to how Naoko wants it! Various interviews with Crystal staff stated this.

Regarding the kiss: as other folks have mentioned: Usagi was fine with it in her thoughts, it represents Serenity and Endymion, plus, in manga Act 5, she's thinking about how she has feelings for Tuxie.

From my Kodansha USA manga Volume 1 (2nd edition of the manga):

Feel free to join my Shinji and Asuka Fanclub!

Aug 19, 2014 6:27 PM

I almost reached the point when I'm not sad about this anime anymore.
I didn't like the fight (Ami and Rei as background decorations, really?) and the forced kiss scene was cringeworthy.
I'm looking forward to Makoto though. We need a strong, tomboyish girl to balance out our current sweet and soft-spoken trio. And expanded Generals' story may be a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I screencapped some QUALITY for myself this time. And no, these are not inbetweens.

Modified by Reite, Aug 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 19, 2014 11:36 PM

shizu_bara said:
My reaction to a certain character unexpected appearance.

I approve of this plot change *nods*

T3hSource said:
And yes, I'm aware that they might be going in a fan canon route where the kings align with the guardians.

Actually the relationships are cannon, they were just never addressed. But the original author of the manga has stated that the relationships between the senshi and generals (in their past live) are cannon,

If the author is involved with elaborating on parts of her storyline that she regards as canon but never had the explore in the manga I'm all for it. I'm sure there are probably other things as well that the author thought about but never had the opportunity to include in the original story so I think any changes they make to the new anime adaption could be really interesting if they are Naoko Takeuchi's ideas :)

Aug 20, 2014 1:07 AM

Amazing episode!!

I'm liking the new animation, but somethings still need some work. I do hope this get's fix in the eventual Blu Ray Release!

I did lol'd when Luna is discussing something important, Usagi is just there playing like it was nothing XD

Love the dance part!! Seems Usagi's heart can't contain this anymore!! Surprise Mamoru is already falling in love with her at first sight :P

Looks like we got a sneak peak about the Generals. As usual Sailor Moon saves the day!

It's a shame that Sailor Mercury didn't do anything. Ami transformed yet she didn't even gave a water attack or anything. Disappointing :(

I'm liking Mamoru's new voice. At first it takes awhile to get used to, but i think he's now doing a more fantastic job.

Of course, i hope Mamoru is more cocky like the older anime. It seems we're going to a more serious and deep style which is fine with me ^^

And Rape???? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. I bet if we reverse the role and Usagi was the one giving the kiss instead, you wouldn't be spewing any of that bullshit.

Japan's views of sexuality is far far different compared to the west. Please stop enforcing your limited views since you have no clue whatsoever on the perspective of Japan.

These people are probably one of those raging Feminazi idiots that's bitching about Samus' gym outfit in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS right now.

In any case, finally we'll be able to see Sailor Jupiter's debut!!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Aug 20, 2014 3:28 AM

PrinceHeir said:
And Rape???? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. I bet if we reverse the role and Usagi was the one giving the kiss instead, you wouldn't be spewing any of that bullshit.

Japan's views of sexuality is far far different compared to the west. Please stop enforcing your limited views since you have no clue whatsoever on the perspective of Japan.

I already said in an earlier post that if Usagi had done it to Mamoru I would be saying the exact same thing.

Japan's views are indeed different - and it has lead them into a nasty little economical rut for excluding women from the workforce once they've had children and then paying them to stay home. Now women are refusing to have children because they don't want to lose their jobs and it has led Japan to an ageing population.

Again, I don't believe the promotion of rape culture is the intention of the original manga whatsoever (it isn't). I do understand it's meant to be romantic and that Usagi may not have outright refused him had she been awake.

I'm just saying that I feel it's important to not inadvertently promote the idea that being kissed in your sleep by a person with whom you aren't in a position to share mutual consent is romantic (even if you've been dreaming of and are attracted to said person). Like Edward Cullen sneaking into Bella Swan's bedroom, thinking this is okay and even romantic is a problematic and possibly even dangerous thought-path to get on.

Let me put this another way - if there is a misrepresentation or a stereotyped representation of a person of color in a future episode of Sailor Moon Crystal (or any other recent anime) that is staying truthful to the manga, are you going to say, "Racism? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit" and "Japan's views on race are far far different compared to the west"?
Modified by Squallina, Aug 20, 2014 5:12 AM

Aug 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Tuxedo Mask: "Only a great light can defeat the darkness...but i suppose a laser beam from a tiara works too" [1]

[1] not an actual quote
For those who want to learn Japanese through anime: link
Resources for learning the language: link

Aug 20, 2014 2:28 PM

DreamingBeats said:
Tuxedo Mask: "Only a great light can defeat the darkness...but i suppose a laser beam from a tiara works too" [1]

[1] not an actual quote

I wonder if the tiara comes with a warning label on it.

Even though I can't stop making internet meme-related jokes, I have to admit that this is a pretty cool shot.

Aug 20, 2014 7:12 PM

This episode was so cringy I was laughing so much. Do they really have to say their catch phrase every time they transform? And Usagi's voice is so annoying especially when she goes "Saaaaaailor Moooooon Powerrrr" or something. I always take my earphones out for that part.

The dance was all right I guess. Would please the female fans since supposedly the Tuxedo Mask guy is meant to be "hot" (why?!).

I didn't watch Sailor Moon when I was a kid never had the chance cause I didn't have many channels so I didn't get that DBZ either. I'm just judging on my own preferences and comparing with other anime. I mean, I get that it's old and so these generic concepts looked cool to girls at the time. But it's so outdated it just doesn't work now. This anime is really for nostalgia fans. Cause so far it's not been particularly intelligent, or complex with the storytelling. It's like a kid's show. Well, I've been told it gets very good later on so I'll bear with it for now...

2/5

Aug 20, 2014 7:47 PM

rasenshiruken973 said:
This episode was so cringy I was laughing so much. Do they really have to say their catch phrase every time they transform?

ikr
it makes you wonder why the enemies don't attack while they're making those long speech and pose
actually, how do the girls even come up with those speech anyway..?

rasenshiruken973 said:
his anime is really for nostalgia fans.

it's been disappointing so far even for those who tried watching it for nostalgia

rasenshiruken973 said:
It's like a kid's show.

it is a show aimed at kids (which makes that kissing scene a bit creepy)

edit: fixed
For those who want to learn Japanese through anime: link
Resources for learning the language: link

Aug 21, 2014 8:22 AM

DreamingBeats said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
It's like a kid's show.

it is a show aimed at kids (which makes that kissing scene a bit creepy)edit: fixed

A show aimed a kids that airs once every two weeks on the internet. Yes, definitely intended for kids.

It's aimed at the old fans as a desperate attempt to milk some money for the next Precure project. Otherwise it would air at Sunday mornings and not the internet.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Aug 21, 2014 9:29 AM

DreamingBeats said:
ikr
it makes you wonder why the enemies don't attack while they're making those long speech and pose
actually, how do the girls even come up with those speech anyway..?

For me it's especially jarring they have the speech ready right after transforming for the first time. It goes like this:

1. "Okay, I don't know what to do, better yell things as the talking cat says."
2. Transformation.
3. End-transformation pose.
4. Speech with a lot of dramatic hand waving. ("The Pretty Guardian in a Sailor Suit...")
5. End-speech pose, the one with "Sailor X!". (how do they know what they're called is beyond me)
6. Catchprase (ex. "Douse yourself in water, and repent!") with... yeah, a pose in the end.
7. Back to battle - sudden surprise and "WTF is this me? What the hell happened?"
8. Luna explains "Yeah, you're Sailor X, good to know, right?"

Yeah. Suspension of disbelief - gone.
At least in the manga Ami didn't make the speech for the first time.

Aug 21, 2014 7:26 PM

That kiss was creepy. I mean just imagine if that was some old man who came upon her while she was sleeping. I doubt people would be saying adorable then, either way a creep is a creep.

Aug 21, 2014 7:46 PM

Do you people know what context is?
Better lock up all the senshi in an asylum. They think they can hear a freaking cat talking and they run around in skimpy clothes at official conventions!

Aug 21, 2014 8:57 PM

Was Sailor Moon always this cheesy? I can't recall.

Aug 21, 2014 9:38 PM

ZaldiuntheGerman said:
Was Sailor Moon always this cheesy? I can't recall.

Yes. Takeuchi herself even said that she was embarrassed by how cheesy her writing was in one of the volume afterwards. Honestly, though, it's so sincere to me that I don't even mind.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 22, 2014 1:57 AM

Adellaeda said:
Do you people know what context is?
Better lock up all the senshi in an asylum. They think they can hear a freaking cat talking and they run around in skimpy clothes at official conventions!

Context is a form of mind-reading we viewers have privilege to. In their universe (where no one has the same mind-reading powers that we do), yes indeed they might be sent to child psychiatrists for talking to cats in their civilian forms. As for the skimpy outfits, the paper has already published super hero articles on Sailor Moon so I'm pretty sure everyone would react pretty much the same way as they would to Spiderman (with either adoration or contempt).

As for the kiss: imagine if you saw a mysterious but handsome stranger kissing your sleeping friend. Would you let it continue because you're pretty sure your friend dreams of being kissed by a Prince Charming (maybe even this particular Prince Charming), or would you do what Luna did and tell this stranger to get off your friend?

Out of curiosity, do people here defending the kiss then also think Luna is just being a massive "cat block" (if you know what I mean)? How far would you have let Tuxedo Mask go before you thought he should stop?

Aug 22, 2014 5:43 AM

Squallina said:
Context is a form of mind-reading we viewers have privilege to.

Exactly. She likes him. He likes her. They danced. She said she was just thinking about him. She blushed. And she remembered the feeling of his kiss. We know this. And all of that is put there on purpose. They are drawn to each other.
edit: Now if there was none of that, if they would have never met, never recognized each other, never thinking that the other is beautiful (or whatever are they thinking), never blushing, never have those flashbacks from previous life, THAT would have been creepy.

Squallina said:
As for the kiss: imagine if you saw a mysterious but handsome stranger kissing your sleeping friend. Would you let it continue because you're pretty sure your friend dreams of being kissed by a Prince Charming (maybe even this particular Prince Charming), or would you do what Luna did and tell this stranger to get off your friend?

How far would you have let Tuxedo Mask go before you thought he should stop?

It depends. As Luna, yes, I would do the same. As Rei, probably too, but add some blushing. As Ami, I would probably blush furiously with my mouth forming an "o" and with my hand to my mouth to cover my shock. As Usagi, I'd probably wake up and he would flee. As Tuxedo Mask, I'd probably kiss her, maybe caress her cheek and fleeeeee like a boss. As Umino, I'd probably scream "Yay, upskirt!!".

Squallina said:
Out of curiosity, do people here defending the kiss then also think Luna is just being a massive "cat block" (if you know what I mean)? How far would you have let Tuxedo Mask go before you thought he should stop?

Not at all. Luna is very in character here. And not defending the kiss. Just the context. And BECAUSE of the context, I can't put my dirty perverse mind (and believe me, I have one) in this fairytale-like setting. BECAUSE of the context, I can't view this as a sexual act, just as a innocent romantic show of affection and longing.
Modified by Adellaeda, Aug 22, 2014 5:46 AM

Aug 22, 2014 6:44 AM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. You bring up good points about context and I'm glad that you and I and a number of people here understand the difference between in-verse and real life.

Unfortunately I feel that not everyone watching it will think as we do. They will see the kiss and think that's how romance works - as long as you think about someone enough it's cool to force yourselves onto them, it's cool to want to have a complete stranger kiss you in your sleep because you've dreamed of meeting someone like them. Women especially are struggling enough to be taken seriously in geekery circles as it is without a respected, well-known series rebooted in 2014 furthering the notion that guys are in charge and can do what they want.

I still don't see why he couldn't have kissed her under the umbrella because that would have been truly romantic. Now it's just "Attention all guys out there: ladies like it when you do this while they're sleeping! Attention all ladies out there: be happy that a cute guy you've been dreaming about is kissing you in your sleep!" It might not be the context of the scene, but this is the subconscious message that this scene is sending.

Aug 22, 2014 10:54 PM
Reply to "PrinceHeir" under the tag due to excessive discussion of the "kiss scene."

tl;dr
Clearly you only skimmed the forum responses, keyed in on the word "rape," and decided to spew some BS without context.

Oh, irony.

PrinceHeir said:

These people are probably one of those raging Feminazi idiots that's bitching about Samus' gym outfit in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS right now.

"raging feminazi idiots." such vocabulary, much wow.

Please do us all a favor and try to keep the conversation free of sexist insults. Thanks.
Modified by veluriel, Aug 23, 2014 1:37 AM
"You know the old saying; when life gives you lemons, go murder a clown."

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."

Aug 22, 2014 11:08 PM

Squallina said:
Unfortunately I feel that not everyone watching it will think as we do. They will see the kiss and think that's how romance works

It doesn't work quite that way. The way you say it, it's like some people might think "Oh, to have me, my father f*cked my mother, so if I want a kid, I'll just go f*ck someone, no question asked. I have to reproduce, right?" (sorry for the language). No. Just no.
Believe me, people who don't understand context or can't distinguish between right and wrong, won't have their views changed by an anime aimed at preteen girls.

Aug 22, 2014 11:52 PM
More discussion of the "kiss scene" under the tag. Squallina quoted.
Modified by veluriel, Aug 23, 2014 1:26 AM

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."

Aug 23, 2014 1:53 AM

veluriel said:
More discussion of the "kiss scene" under the tag. Squallina quoted.

I'm sorry, I had only seen the first few movies of the Twilight franchise and not read any of the books so I wasn't aware that Bella and Edward were in an abusive relationship. In the context of those movies they seem so lovestruck, making it ok for Edward to stalk Bella. Those movies were awful. I can't believe I sat through three of them.

Back on topic, I read the page you linked (I love TV Tropes!) and I completely squicked out.

"The premise is that one character is unconscious, whether previously knocked out, feverish, comatose, in a drunken stupor, or simply asleep; the other falls for 'their attractive sleeping face', and unable to resist, leans in to lock lips..."

It doesn't matter how many times people here tell me "They were in love in a past life! It's all good!" All I see is two people who barely know each other, but have appeared in each other's dreams and because of it are slightly crushing over each other, and one of them kissing the other while she's asleep because he couldn't resist.

Imagine if we didn't know who they were and how destined for each other they are. First time watchers of Sailor Moon (and there are going to be some) won't know. And they'll either squick like I did, or think a man kissing an unconscious woman is super romantic (when in real life it's a form of abuse and edges into rape culture territory.)

I'm sorry this has blown up as much as it has. It feels like one small yet problematic scene in a series that has been trying really hard to show why these two feel attraction towards each other (which the original anime didn't set up nearly as well). I want to agree to disagree here because I feel like I can never see this scene as anything but an issue and the people who disagree can only see it as romantic.

If Usagi had been awake, I seriously would have had zero problems with this scene. Say she had injured her ankle so Tuxedo Mask offered to take care of her while Ami and Rei went back to the dance. He lays her on that stone bench, they gaze into each other's eyes and he slowly leans forward and kisses her. Though surprised, she starts feeling the warmth and familiarity of her past life. Then a worried Luna bursts in on them and tells him to get off her. Usagi's in too much of a stupor to protest Luna's arrival. Tuxedo Mask leaves and Usagi touches her lips, remembering the feel of his. She's too busy reliving the kiss to even care about any warnings Luna is giving about Tuxedo Mask.

In this scenario, the kiss is still there, the romance is intact, and Usagi has the choice to tell Tuxedo Mask to stop or to cover her face if she was too shy and not quite ready for her first kiss. I still strongly feel that in this scene Usagi should have been able to make a choice, even if the choice was one we could all predict.

Aug 23, 2014 1:15 PM

I agree with both Squallina and Veluriel (and carefully avoid the TvTropes link - I want to be able to still do something this evening), but I'll throw in my two cents.

The "past connection" would be a little more valid defense if Mamoru himself was aware of it. We, the old fans, know their history and probably some new fans do too, but in-universe nobody knows. So for Mamoru, the girl he kisses is not his destined previous life love. No, it's a younger girl he barely knows, who, as he admitted, may or may not be his enemy.
Flashbacks or not, it is some creepy lack of self-control on his part.

Aug 23, 2014 3:45 PM

Classic: ep22

Usagi wasn't sleeping on a bench for that kiss last time... she got drunk and passed out!

What is with Luna not caring about Tuxedo Mask about their powers and everything? Use your pen to make an umbrella?... right in front of him?... (last time Luna threw the umbrella to Usagi as they fell)

New tiara, what?... that's new...

I don't follow the threads I post in. Message me if you want my attention.

Aug 23, 2014 8:40 PM
Response to Squallina in the tag. Some actual spoilers inside. Read at your own risk.
[spoiler]
Squallina said:

I'm sorry, I had only seen the first few movies of the Twilight franchise and not read any of the books so I wasn't aware that Bella and Edward were in an abusive relationship. In the context of those movies they seem so lovestruck, making it ok for Edward to stalk Bella. Those movies were awful. I can't believe I sat through three of them.

(bolded emphasis mine)
You noticed that Edward stalks her, breaks into her house, watches her sleep without her knowledge, and you don't find that part abusive? Moreover, he disables her car thus limiting her mobility, and further attempts to control where she goes, what she does, who she sees, etc. It's not explicitly stated that the relationship is "abusive" but rather that people who have observed their relationship have said that it follows abusive patterns. That's what the problem is -- it's not presented as abusive but as "romantic" and leads people (mostly women) to think that this is an example of a desirable relationship.

Squallina said:

Back on topic, I read the page you linked (I love TV Tropes!) and I completely squicked out.

"The premise is that one character is unconscious, whether previously knocked out, feverish, comatose, in a drunken stupor, or simply asleep; the other falls for 'their attractive sleeping face', and unable to resist, leans in to lock lips..."

It doesn't matter how many times people here tell me "They were in love in a past life! It's all good!" All I see is two people who barely know each other, but have appeared in each other's dreams and because of it are slightly crushing over each other, and one of them kissing the other while she's asleep because he couldn't resist.

Imagine if we didn't know who they were and how destined for each other they are. First time watchers of Sailor Moon (and there are going to be some) won't know. And they'll either squick like I did, or think a man kissing an unconscious woman is super romantic (when in real life it's a form of abuse and edges into rape culture territory.)

I'm sorry this has blown up as much as it has. It feels like one small yet problematic scene in a series that has been trying really hard to show why these two feel attraction towards each other (which the original anime didn't set up nearly as well). I want to agree to disagree here because I feel like I can never see this scene as anything but an issue and the people who disagree can only see it as romantic.

(bolded emphasis mine)
Alright, I understand that you're squicked, I do. I understand that it's creepy, especially as an adult woman looking at this scene. But I don't think that people here, at least the ones engaging in actual conversation, are just writing it all off as "They were in love in a past life! It's all good!" You might be interpreting it that way, but I can't help but think you're overthinking this and simultaneously dismissing any opinion that disagrees with you as a simplified "They were in love in a past life! It's all good!"

I also think you're ignoring another potential response of "first timers" unaware of the destiny stuff - they might just not give a shit. They see it as a fairy tale kiss or simply acknowledge that it happened, and it ultimately does not affect their everyday lives or the way they view relationships and go about being themselves, unchanged by this specific scene. In stating what you believe to be the only two potential outcomes I think you're unfairly limiting the responses that other people might have based on your own perceptions and preconceptions.

I honestly don't disagree with your basic premise -- that there is a creepiness factor to the scene where Tuxedo Mask kisses the sleeping Usagi. I concede that and even agree. What I take issue with is your vehemence and hijacking of this thread by making your repeated assertions of your opinion. We've gotten it -- you don't like the scene, you think it could have been done differently. Honestly, I agree with that as well. But at this point, you've derailed the topic to exclusively about this scene, instead of reactions and thoughts about the entire episode. I've been putting these things behind the spoiler tag so that people who do not wish to engage on this derailment can choose to ignore it because it really has gotten out of hand at this point.

I'm not trying to invalidate what you have to say, but I am saying that this thread is not the proper place to be talking about "rape culture territory." If you really want to talk about that, feel free to create a separate thread to discuss it, but this is too much. The thread is to discuss the whole episode, not dissect a single scene and then debate the state of popular culture, rape culture, female representation and agency (or lack thereof), and the effects of modern media on the viewing audience.

Squallina said:

If Usagi had been awake, I seriously would have had zero problems with this scene. Say she had injured her ankle so Tuxedo Mask offered to take care of her while Ami and Rei went back to the dance. He lays her on that stone bench, they gaze into each other's eyes and he slowly leans forward and kisses her. Though surprised, she starts feeling the warmth and familiarity of her past life. Then a worried Luna bursts in on them and tells him to get off her. Usagi's in too much of a stupor to protest Luna's arrival. Tuxedo Mask leaves and Usagi touches her lips, remembering the feel of his. She's too busy reliving the kiss to even care about any warnings Luna is giving about Tuxedo Mask.

In this scenario, the kiss is still there, the romance is intact, and Usagi has the choice to tell Tuxedo Mask to stop or to cover her face if she was too shy and not quite ready for her first kiss. I still strongly feel that in this scene Usagi should have been able to make a choice, even if the choice was one we could all predict.

Well, yeah. But this falls into the same territory as "shit Toei has done wrong and we wish they'd done otherwise." It's a reasonable want, but that isn't what happened. And if you do keep watching the show, I'm sure you're going to find more things that Toei doesn't "get right" with regards to story, plot, characters, development, or representation. And that's fine -- we don't have to like everything and we're allowed to criticize it. But you're just taking it too far in this thread. I'll be happy to join in another thread to discuss the scene, but I really don't think that we should continue the conversation here because it's distracting and an excessive derailment in my opinion. (Though, you're of course free to disagree.)

So for the record, I don't actually disagree with your assertion that this scene is creepy and possesses the potential to negatively impact or reinforce "bad beliefs" on relationship behaviors, or the fact that Toei could have handled it better. But I think that you are being somewhat sensitive/touchy about this scene and blowing it way out of proportion, and if you want to keep talking about this, you should create a new thread for it.

Please feel free to copy this to a new thread and respond to it there, I will look for it and not ignore you. (In fact, I'd greatly prefer you did that rather than respond here, but I recognize that I have no control over the behaviors of others.)

Aug 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Thank you, veluriel.

Aug 25, 2014 4:46 AM

Oblivious anime parents everywhere.

Full transformation scenes are becoming a bit boring at this point.

This episode was kinda boring...

Aug 30, 2014 9:11 PM

Ew. I hate Sailor Mercury's transformation scene and I still don't like Sailor Moon's (although Sailor Mars' is cool!). And the whole thing about Tuxedo Mask kissing Sailor Moon when she was asleep reminded me of the time when one of my middle school health teachers showed our class the end of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and he talked about how the prince raped Snow White because he kissed her while she was asleep.

Anyway, I just realized that Luna is actually really cute! (I'm also a cat lover so that might be biased but nevermind that) Also, I was curious about when Luna said that the seal on the princess/silver crystal will be broken when all of the sailor senshi are awakened because (old sailor moon anime spoilers)

Sep 1, 2014 1:20 AM

Where the fuck is episode five? It's shitty enough to broadcast an anime bi-weekly, at least broadcast the fucking episodes when they're supposed to be broadcast... I don't think having to wait a month between episode 4 and 5 helps anyone.

Sep 1, 2014 3:49 AM
AfterGlow said:
Where the fuck is episode five? It's shitty enough to broadcast an anime bi-weekly, at least broadcast the fucking episodes when they're supposed to be broadcast... I don't think having to wait a month between episode 4 and 5 helps anyone.

They've stated since the beginning - 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. August had 5th one. :) It is two episodes per month schedule. :)
Modified by sailorv, Sep 1, 2014 3:56 AM

Sep 1, 2014 1:59 PM
Noodle070 said:
Ew. I hate Sailor Mercury's transformation scene and I still don't like Sailor Moon's (although Sailor Mars' is cool!).

Yeah, I'm hoping that by the time all of the Senshi are introduced, we won't get the "full" transformation sequences anymore. They're just relics of the old days and a waste of air time on a show that's only 26 minutes long and airs twice a month.

Further response under the tag.

Sep 1, 2014 2:51 PM

veluriel said:
Further response under the tag.

Sep 1, 2014 4:01 PM
Noodle070 said:

Sep 2, 2014 11:22 AM

sailorv said:
AfterGlow said:

They've stated since the beginning - 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. August had 5th one. :) It is two episodes per month schedule. :)

Of all the moronic things Japanese do, this has got to take the retard cake... Jesus Christ...

Sep 3, 2014 5:48 PM

veluriel said:
Noodle070 said:

Alright, thank you for clearing that up for me! It makes more sense now.

Sep 20, 2014 6:53 AM

I enjoyed this episode. :)

Nov 16, 2014 8:36 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS ZZE KISS
GIVE THAT BITCH A SALMON
BITCHS LOVE SALMON

Dec 26, 2014 2:44 PM

this is the cheesiest anime ive seen in many years

Jan 14, 2016 12:48 AM

Tuxedo Mask is a creeper. Usagi should stay away from him.

Apr 26, 2:25 PM
(Spoilers and fangirling, by the way)
I loved it so much! We got to see more characters! And man... I fell in love with Mamoru even more! This does beat episode 1!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]