Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 4 Discussion

Aug 16, 2014 3:20 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a decent episode. Usagi fights pretty well in this one against one of the Dark Princes. The main antagonists debut. Shit just got real.

I'm still getting used to the transformation scenes though. It was also cute watching the three girls working together as a team :p. We also get some classic Tuexdo Mask moments there as well.

Aug 16, 2014 3:31 AM

huh, seems they really let jadeite alive instead of killing him like in the manga :/ dunno how i should feel about that..
otherwise it was a nice episode, i guess.

Aug 16, 2014 4:31 AM

^ so much for a faithfull manga adaptation then...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

Aug 16, 2014 4:45 AM

I guess I can start reading the manga without fearing to get spoiled now.

Aug 16, 2014 4:47 AM

Trololo... Jadeite didn't die and he really teleported, like some people have said. He wasn't burned to crisp by Beryl either... Beryl, girl wtf? U are too soft >:(

As for episode 4 altogether.

Transformation: No shortened or insta transformations this time. Badum tsss... At least Usagi's transformation was nicely interrupted, to show, that she don't have her tiara any more.

Face expressions: Improved a bit. I know SMC was meant to be more mature, but IMO it could be a bit more funny here and there, like it was in the Manga at least.

Animation: Episode 4 has less errors, than episode 2 and 3. Still few were present, especially with Luna this time. But the most eye poking one was the Disguise Pen, when Usagi and Mamoru fell from the balcony. Why the fk was it drawn so big, seriously Toei O__o Oh well, at least they wasn't missing gloves this time. Besides that a very good animated Ballroom and the Umbrella scene. I enjoyed watching this episode.

Music: Except Rei's missing transformation OST, the rest was ok imo.

VA: It was ok and I think the new VA will develop well.

Plot: It seems, that the plot will be really altered.

I'm not sure how it all will turn out. We'll see and hopefully it will at least develop with sense and according to Naoko's Ideas...

What bothered me of course was Usagi don't getting drunk at the end, like in the Manga and 90' Anime. The scene was totally altered/censored, prolly because she's 14 y.o. ... For old fans grown up with the show... My ass... I'm not against developing and refreshing the plot, but that frickin' Censorships/alternation in Animes nowadays makes me sick... At least Toei could leave the major/minor scenes like they were...

Besides that we've seen Usagi's Dad, the new 'IMA FIRIN MAH MOON LAZOR' attack XD Haha so cool. And in episode 5 we'll see finally Makoto yay! :D Hopefully they don't massacre her face like they did with Rei in ep 2... ;__;
Modified by Raff, Aug 16, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 16, 2014 5:15 AM

OMG The kiss at the end was adorable. More Mamoru and Usagi moments please!

Sailor Jupiter in two weeks.
[center]

Aug 16, 2014 6:22 AM

Oh man Jadeite really did survive. Lame. Honestly not sure what to think of this ep. A lot of was alter but if I don't think or compare it to the manga it was solid. I guess I'll just sit back and see how they plan on doing this.

Sent with Mal Updater

Aug 16, 2014 6:24 AM

so much to the so called faithful manga adaptation. I wonder why they let Jadeites alive instead of killing himd like in the manga.

Next episode, we'll finally see Makoto/Sailor Jupiter
[center]

Aug 16, 2014 6:39 AM

Usagi dancing with Tuxedo Mask was nice and that kiss at the end was as well.

Aug 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Really enjoyed this episode.
Jadeite not being dead...oh well...they can still make it up for it on the end ; )!
Because yeah...if you read the manga I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

So...3 weeks for Jupiter huh..... :/

Aug 16, 2014 7:08 AM

Next episode, Jupiter comes thundering in!

Aug 16, 2014 7:15 AM

HanaeX said:

Yeah... episode 5 will air on 06.09. That's a total fail. It's bimonthly that way, rather than biweekly... That means November, January and May will be like that too ;___ ; As long as there won't be any holidays disturbing the 2 week in a month flow the last episode will air ca. 06.07.2015.

Aug 16, 2014 7:19 AM

I definitely preferred the original version of this episode; it was simply much funnier. Also, I finally noticed that Nephrite's eyes are brown, not blue as they used to be :/ This sucks... Still, I'm eager to watch the next episode(s)!

Aug 16, 2014 7:24 AM

Decent episode, Usagi dancing with Tuxedo Mask was cute.

Aug 16, 2014 7:30 AM

This episode irked me plot-wise more than anything else. Well the last half of it anyway.

- "I need a man to enjoy dressing up."

- "We'll get that Silver Crystal from you girls, just not while it's the four of us against the three of you. We don't like those odds so we'll just run off now. I'm sure if that thing really is the Crystal we'll come back and get it when there're even more of you."

- "She's so pretty when she's sleeping. I think I'll just kiss her." (For the record, this isn't romantic - it's a form of rape. I get that Sailor Moon is an old manga, I get that Japan has romantic ideals involving female submission, and I get that this anime is supposed to be keeping in line with said old manga, but ew no. Go Luna for getting him off her!)

Also, I'm gonna hit something if he's actually surprised when the big reveal of her identity happens. Because, well Luna just told Tuxedo Mask to get off "Usagi-chan" while he was kissing Sailor Moon and he picked up her hanky with her name written on it earlier.
Modified by Squallina, Aug 16, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 16, 2014 7:36 AM

Raff said:
HanaeX said:

Yeah... episode 5 will air on 06.09. That's a total fail. It's bimonthly that way, rather than biweekly... That means November, January and May will be like that too ;___ ; As long as there won't be any holidays disturbing the 2 week in a month flow the last episode will air ca. 06.07.2015.

I heard that the last episode will air on 18.07 x__x
A friend of mine looked it up but I can't find it anywhere though :/
It really sucks...

Aug 16, 2014 7:52 AM

Does anyone know if the author is involved with the anime? maybe she wants to tweek the story a bit :)

The wait is unbearable and I don't think they will cover the whole manga as well :( this adaptation will end by 2020 at this rate :O

Aug 16, 2014 8:06 AM

There's really not much I can say about this episode. It's OK, it's fine, it's not flashy or amazing in any way. And yes, I'm aware that they might be going in a fan canon route where the kings align with the guardians.

If Makoto's line is any indicator, she seems to be a different character as well.

3/5 - OK.

Aug 16, 2014 8:10 AM

HanaeX said:
Raff said:

I heard that the last episode will air on 18.07 x__x
A friend of mine looked it up but I can't find it anywhere though :/
It really sucks...

Depends on the holidays schedules. Not sure, if they air an episode on 03.01.2015 (it would mean air dates 20.12 and 10.01. ... at least January/February would be without 3 weeks gap). So to be more precise either 04.07. or 18.07. will be the last episode.

ichii_1 said:
Does anyone know if the author is involved with the anime? maybe she wants to tweek the story a bit :)

The wait is unbearable and I don't think they will cover the whole manga as well :( this adaptation will end by 2020 at this rate :O

From what I know Naoko does have an influence on the story this time. Still it's Toei, so in the end they prolly do it like they want :<
Modified by Raff, Aug 16, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 16, 2014 8:15 AM

My reaction to a certain character unexpected appearance.

I approve of this plot change *nods*

T3hSource said:
And yes, I'm aware that they might be going in a fan canon route where the kings align with the guardians.

Actually the relationships are cannon, they were just never addressed. But the original author of the manga has stated that the relationships between the senshi and generals (in their past live) are cannon,
Modified by GreenTea13, Aug 16, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 16, 2014 8:19 AM
One of my favorite episodes from the sailor moon series.
Reason: Mamoru and Usagi kiss for the first time!!
That kissing scene at the end was so romantic~ I didnt expect it to be between Sailor Moon and Tuxido Mask! I think i liked this scene much better than the original :). Luna why did u have to ruin such a nice moment ;_; she not only ruined it >_>; but yelled out "Usagi". Im sure Tuxedo Mask already knew >.>; but still way to protect Sailor Moon's secret identity xD.

Anyway definitely one of the most romantic episodes in the first series <3.

Edit: I like Rei's personality in the remake a lot more. She really isnt much of a hot head at all and much more likable ^^.
Modified by PrinceZeal, Aug 16, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 16, 2014 8:55 AM

Of all disguises, he picked a woman. XD I almost fell out of my chair when I heard 'her' masculine voice lol. At first I tot it was Queen Beryl but then no way the queen would do the dirty work..

So the four bad men are all bishounen?

I thought it was funny how the Kunzite guy threatened the heroines of world domination and the heroines quickly forgot abt said threat aft seeing Princess D's real eyes lolwut

I used to swoon over the tuxedo mask guy but after this ep I'm just irritated with him. He keeps appearing out of nowhere, stole a kiss from the sleeping Usagi-chan(which I find unforgivable) and then gave mixed messages abt being a friend or foe...like what's his deal..-.-

Aug 16, 2014 9:10 AM
Vongole said:

I thought it was funny how the Kunzite guy threatened the heroines of world domination and the heroines quickly forgot abt said threat aft seeing Princess D's real eyes lolwut

I used to swoon over the tuxedo mask guy but after this ep I'm just irritated with him. He keeps appearing out of nowhere, stole a kiss from the sleeping Usagi-chan(which I find unforgivable) and then gave mixed messages abt being a friend or foe...like what's his deal..-.-

That was the best part of the episode for me.

I have mixed feelings over Mamoru now too. Didn't expect him to kiss Usagi so early either.

Aug 16, 2014 9:14 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Usagi seems to be in love with Tuxedo Mask. Dancing scene was pretty good, until the moment he suddenly left the room, running.

Battle scene was alright. A convenient way to fend off Nephrite. Noticed that the fights doesn't take long to finish.

Decent episode. Tuxedo Mask tries to be mysterious at the end again but it's obvious what his intentions are.

Aug 16, 2014 10:03 AM

Eh, I bet Fai loved this episode.

I thought it was alright, since the last episode I've read through this first arc so I'm kind of interested as to what they are doing with Jadeite and the four kings since they kept him alive. Honestly, I can't say I was too crazy with how they were handled in the manga so maybe it will turn out to be an improvement in my eyes. Who knows.

As for Tuxedo Mask kissing Usagi. I think it's more that he can't help but kiss her. There is a reason why the two of them have a very much instant attraction to one another whenever they meet. So, no, him kissing her when she is asleep doesn't really bother me in this context. Calling it "rape" kind of seems like a misinterpretation of the events in my eyes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 16, 2014 10:15 AM

And Rei's personality was more different than 1993.

Aug 16, 2014 10:23 AM

Basically I have nothing to say in this episode, good episode but nothing to say. I pretty much know that the villains are trying to get the Legendary Silver Crystal and the Sailors are trying to stop them from capturing it.

I would say the dance with Tuxedo and Usagi was pretty nice, and next episode, guess Sailor Jupiter is coming up.

Aug 16, 2014 10:27 AM

insan3Spectre said:

Well according to what he wrote the last time it wouldn't surprise me if he stop watching. Somehow it's understandable, still I give SMC a chance for development of the plot. Even if it differs from the Manga plot right now.

ryanstrike said:
And Rei's personality was more different than 1993.

I must say that I miss the quarrels between Usa and Rei. It was always so funny xD But I like the Manga Rei better.

Aug 16, 2014 10:37 AM

Raff said:
insan3Spectre said:

Well according to what he wrote the last time it wouldn't surprise me if he stop watching. Somehow it's understandable, still I give SMC a chance for development of the plot. Even if it differs from the Manga plot right now.

Well, if so, I kind of think he jumped the gun. The way I see it, it could be a good thing to potentially develop these characters. It may even give more depth to the Sailor Senshi. Or, alternatively, it could be a bad thing what they are doing. It's simply too early to tell. I hope Jadeite it's roasted by Rei eventually anyway, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 16, 2014 10:39 AM

silverwalls said:
huh, seems they really let jadeite alive instead of killing him like in the manga :/ dunno how i should feel about that..

welp, dropped. Thanks for the warning, was about to watch it but this saves the frustration. TOEI can go rot in hell.

Aug 16, 2014 10:40 AM

Raff said:

Animation: Episode 4 has less errors, than episode 2 and 3. Still few were present, especially with Luna this time. But the most eye poking one was the Disguise Pen, when Usagi and Mamoru fell from the balcony. Why the fk was it drawn so big, seriously Toei O__o Oh well, at least they wasn't missing gloves this time. Besides that a very good animated Ballroom and the Umbrella scene. I enjoyed watching this episode.

What really bothered me was the freaking weird proportions of Sailor Moon and Mars when princess D woke up

Seriously, Mars' outfit looks way too big for her and SM is freaking skinny.

Aug 16, 2014 10:54 AM

I kinda don't like Rei in this Anime, cause she is to nice to Bunny. Its not like she was a Devil or something like that in the original (I just watched the first season though). But I miss some of the only thing who weren't that bad this series had. I also don't like that Bunny seems bi-curious in this one. But although I think I like this Anime a bit more than the original one

Aug 16, 2014 11:03 AM

WOW, I just noticed that the four villains at the end have outstanding hair. So much volume. No wonder they only appear at night. They spent the whole day doing their hair to look good at night :P
Modified by ooo333, Aug 16, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 16, 2014 11:14 AM

Not sure how to feel about this episode. Not sure at all.
insan3Spectre said:

I thought it was alright, since the last episode I've read through this first arc so I'm kind of interested as to what they are doing with Jadeite and the four kings since they kept him alive. Honestly, I can't say I was too crazy with how they were handled in the manga so maybe it will turn out to be an improvement in my eyes. Who knows.

Prolly, the only saving grace for them keeping Jadeite alive is that they didn't bring him back into the fight and just continued on with Nephrite. Still... Keeping him alive really makes me nervous about how certain other future plot points will be handled... like reallllly nervous.

insan3Spectre said:
As for Tuxedo Mask kissing Usagi. I think it's more that he can't help but kiss her. There is a reason why the two of them have a very much instant attraction to one another whenever they meet. So, no, him kissing her when she is asleep doesn't really bother me in this context. Calling it "rape" kind of seems like a misinterpretation of the events in my eyes.

Basically my thoughts on the matter.

Anyways, putting aside certain wierd plot changes... really excited to see Makoto next time ^.^
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."

Aug 16, 2014 11:19 AM
Fai said:
silverwalls said:

welp, dropped. Thanks for the warning, was about to watch it but this saves the frustration. TOEI can go rot in hell.

Don't you think your overreacting a bit? Saying a company can go rot in hell,because they change something.Besides this might be Nako's idea, not Toei 's.

Aug 16, 2014 11:23 AM
ryanstrike said:

yeah!

Aug 16, 2014 11:28 AM

Khaoticsuccubus said:

Prolly, the only saving grace for them keeping Jadeite alive is that they didn't bring him back into the fight and just continued on with Nephrite. Still... Keeping him alive really makes me nervous about how certain other future plot points will be handled... like reallllly nervous.

I am not waiting for the next story arcs. Not waiting at all. Considering shit like this was freaking tame in comparison of next stuff. and I am now 100% sure TOEI won't handle it well at all.

superprincess6 said:
Fai said:

Don't you think your overreacting a bit? Saying a company can go rot in hell,because they change something.Besides this might be Nako's idea, not Toei 's.

AS star wars proves. Even creators have bad ideas.
THis is a bad idea.

Aug 16, 2014 11:28 AM
Rupdedudludu said:
I kinda don't like Rei in this Anime, cause she is to nice to Bunny. Its not like she was a Devil or something like that in the original (I just watched the first season though). But I miss some of the only thing who weren't that bad this series had. I also don't like that Bunny seems bi-curious in this one. But although I think I like this Anime a bit more than the original one
In the original manga,Rei was not ever mean to Usagi.That was only in the original anime,so in this version she probaly is never going to be mean to her. As for the so call Bi curiose Usagi ,I don't think she is bisexaly.She just seems to admire anyone who is pretty.

Aug 16, 2014 11:30 AM

superprincess6 said:
Rupdedudludu said:
In the original manga,Rei was not ever mean to Usagi.That was only in the original anime,so in this version she probaly is never going to be mean to her. As for the so call Bi curiose Usagi ,I don't think she is bisexaly.She just seems to admire anyone who is pretty.

certainly implies Usagi as a bisexual.

Aug 16, 2014 11:36 AM
Fai said:
Khaoticsuccubus said:

I am not waiting for the next story arcs. Not waiting at all. Considering shit like this was freaking tame in comparison of next stuff. and I am now 100% sure TOEI won't handle it well at all.

superprincess6 said:

AS star wars proves. Even creators have bad ideas.
THis is a bad idea.

I didn't say Creators didn't have bad ideas.You don't know this is a bad idea,.You asume its going to be a bad idea,because its different. This could work, we just have to wait ,and see.

Aug 16, 2014 11:43 AM

Squallina said:

- "We'll get that Silver Crystal from you girls, just not while it's the four of us against the three of you. We don't like those odds so we'll just run off now. I'm sure if that thing really is the Crystal we'll come back and get it when there're even more of you."

LOL and you didn't figure yet out that NOBODY has the Silver Crystal yet so that's why they didn't take it now?
Jesus, people, sometimes I really believe you post just because you like to find each and every so called weak point, even when it isn't the case. I mean really.

This episode was by far the best directed so far. Pacing was nice, even though it did have to cramp in a lot of stuff, it did a great job into not giving the impression that some moments were too short or too stretched. Something I was fearing since, well, manga's pacing wasn't something to die for.

Wish people would understand that Naoko Takeuchi herself is working on this. Anything appearing or not in this adaptation has her approval :/ I don't see what's so incredibly hard to accept that she's probably making some adjustments to her story, which are totally legit and most probably awesome since she would be the last person to harm Sailor Moon in any way. Or are we just stuck on the idea that manga is the only law by god and it is perfect and couldn't have needed any change?

Aug 16, 2014 11:46 AM

mewygirl said:
Raff said:

What really bothered me was the freaking weird proportions of Sailor Moon and Mars when princess D woke up

Somehow my Eye's missed that fragment. Guess what happened, when I was drinking Soda and I hit the Spoiler Button (=_ =") ?

Usagi like Cloud from FF7 the Hourglass Monster and Mars looks like a ironed paper sheet ahaha. Well shit happens. There are not so many funny expressions, like in the old Anime, but at least the errors are hilarious XD

Baddie007 said:
ryanstrike said:

yeah!

Khaoticsuccubus said:

Anyways, putting aside certain wierd plot changes... really excited to see Makoto next time ^.^

Mako Thunderception! ...And now wait 3 weeks omg... Why Toei why! (= x ='')

Aug 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Raff said:
HanaeX said:

Wait, what? I thought it was every two weeks?

Aug 16, 2014 11:51 AM
♥♥riko-chan♥♥

Decent episode
We get to see Usagi dance with Tuxedo Mask, and he kisses her at the end of the episode. The whole secret treasure was no surprise to me, pretty much expected some time of hand made mini statue or jewel.

Luna questions Tuxedo Mask if he is friend or foe, which he replies "I might be your enemy", since he is also after the Legendary Silver Crystal.

Well, next we have Sailor Jupiter in the next episode. Finally ^^

Aug 16, 2014 11:55 AM
♥♥riko-chan♥♥

Mormegil said:
Raff said:

So we have to wait 3 weeks for another episode of Sailor Moon Crystal?
That's a bummer

Aug 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Mormegil said:
Raff said:

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/sailormoon-Crystal

^ It's there:

【世界最速】「美少女戦士セーラームーンCrystal」5話上映会
放送予定 09/06 19:00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sailor_Moon_Crystal_episodes

^ Dunno where they got the info, but that date 30.12. made me WTF.

Besides that more funny errors and my two favs from this episode. The size of the Disguise Pen seems legit:

Slenderman:

Modified by Raff, Aug 16, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 16, 2014 1:11 PM

mewygirl said:

I just...I couldn't...I had to redline that shit.

Professional animators should know anatomy! Dafuq TOEI?! This is something you'd expect from amateurs.
I'm not saying my anatomy is perfect (I only spent 5 minutes max on this) and I did try to keep the anatomy cartoonishly exaggerated but no matter how unrealistic the anatomy there has to be balance! That image was a total eyesore.
Sorry for the little rant. Had to get it off my chest. =(
I hate that they're doing this to Sailor Moon.
Modified by KusattaTamago, Aug 16, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Oi oi Mamoru, that's an underage girl you're courting there.

Jupiter's next and Ami Koshimizu's using her deep voice (hell yeah).

Aug 16, 2014 1:26 PM

MoeGod said:

Well if it makes you feel any better he's a high school student in this one instead of being in college like in the first anime. But, again, considering their back story I really don't find it to be that big a deal.

- Geralt of Rivia

Aug 16, 2014 1:39 PM

MoeGod said:

Under the age of what? To drink alcohol?
Modified by ooo333, Aug 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »