Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 1, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Minagatachi said:

If Justin Bieber has more fans than Robbie Williams, does that mean Justin Bieber is better? No, and nor does it mean he is worse, it just means that my opinion is that Justin Bieber sucks horse dick, and that Robbie Williams is god.

this explain pretty much about Popularity =/= Quality.
Sep 1, 2014 8:06 PM

Dec 2012
Novalogic said:

No, not subjectively. You could say so if someone stated it about new, or not so popular series but deffinitely not about One Piece.

What a shameless ad populum.
Sep 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2014
Glad we could agree in the end that One Piece is objectively the best.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
You have to watch them, they form part of the serie.

Sep 3, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
jal90 said:
@Grunbeld

On the Davy Back Fight...

Very small consequences. I mean fake strawhats was somewhat fillerish... Is that all the arc could bring about? Things that are so irrelevant they could be skipped as well?

Just to compare

I don't see the conclusiveness being the issue here though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
Very silly comparison if you ask me. In the One Piece world, things are not tightly connected. The scenario is a vast ocean with hundreds of islands in there. When the Straw Hats earn a certain reputation, that means that the marines will make their journey more difficult. But it is very rare to follow their trace, it's extremely rare to have close encounters at sea and therefore, if both parts are not actively searching for it, their encounters will be sporadic. Take into account that the Straw Hats are not interested on causing a riot. The consequences you are asking for seem to fit better the scenario of a direct confrontation. You can't expect a war to happen if one of the sides only appears sporadically and under certain conditions.

On the other hand I insist, the Fake Straw Hats are a measure. They exist because the real crew has gained a reputation after Enies Lobby. And the amount of marine forces they attract is a measure of the relevance the Straw Hats hold for the Government. The direct consequence for the crew is not dealing with their fake versions, it is if anything being unable to stay in the island for longer.
Sep 8, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Grunbeld said:
Skip Alabasta and Enies lobby for now.

What!? Skipping alabasta means you won't see Ace's first appearance and skipping Enies means your skipping

For what reason do we have summit war, the best arc in one piece (in my opinion.)?
Sep 9, 2014 4:22 AM

Jun 2014
Chiyo361 said:
Grunbeld said:

What!? Skipping alabasta means you won't see Ace's first appearance and skipping Enies means your skipping

For what reason do we have summit war, the best arc in one piece (in my opinion.)?

Also you're skipping Crocodile, completely skipping Robin, skipping awesome memorable fights, etc etc etc.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 9, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
I'll just sum it up for everybody: Don't skip a single damn episode in One Piece. It's awesome and fun to watch. Everything adds up together in the end; skipping something means subjecting yourself to confusion when something amazing happens and people are hyped over it.
Sep 9, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2012
Chiyo361 said:
Grunbeld said:

That's not really part of enies lobby itself....
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2014
Mikasa said:
Chiyo361 said:

Oh, sorry about that. But would anyone watch post enies lobby if they didn't watch enies lobby?
Sep 11, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
Chiyo361 said:
Mikasa said:

Oh, sorry about that. But would anyone watch post enies lobby if they didn't watch enies lobby?

Absolutely. There is not much to loom forward to in it, naming doesn't have a great effect on it.
End Zionazism
Sep 11, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
Froliczxc said:
I'll just sum it up for everybody: Don't skip a single damn episode in One Piece. It's awesome and fun to watch. Everything adds up together in the end; skipping something means subjecting yourself to confusion when something amazing happens and people are hyped over it.
This. What episodes aren't relevant to the story at the current moment may be relevant later on. Oda has a nice habit of introducing characters in one arc then bringing them back hundreds of episodes later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 2:33 AM

Oct 2010
Mikasa said:
Absolutely. There is not much to loom forward to in it, naming doesn't have a great effect on it.

If we play this reduction to absurdity, that is the same for every arc in the show, so instead of suggesting people to skip arcs, the best thing is suggesting them to not watch the series at all, I mean, why should people care about Luffy and Ace if they don't care about Luffy well enough to follow his adventures...

...but hey, if you find better instead to cut a story in arbitrary pieces (Skypiea has been so far a lot less plot-relevant than Alabasta and Enies Lobby for the overall storyline, by the way), then be it. Just don't make this a suggestion for people who want to know what the show is about.
Sep 13, 2014 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
jal90 said:
Mikasa said:

If we play this reduction to absurdity, that is the same for every arc in the show, so instead of suggesting people to skip arcs, the best thing is suggesting them to not watch the series at all, I mean, why should people care about Luffy and Ace if they don't care about Luffy well enough to follow his adventures...

...but hey, if you find better instead to cut a story in arbitrary pieces (Skypiea has been so far a lot less plot-relevant than Alabasta and Enies Lobby for the overall storyline, by the way), then be it. Just don't make this a suggestion for people who want to know what the show is about.

We care enough to follow his good adventures and skip his crappy ones, hence making the show less diluted.

And it seems you're implying that Alabasta/Enies were relevant to begin with.

And I'll suggest whatever I feel may help improve their enjoyment. This thread asked for advice and I chipped in.
End Zionazism
Sep 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Jul 2010
No.

Sep 13, 2014 7:43 AM

Oct 2010
Mikasa said:
jal90 said:

We care enough to follow his good adventures and skip his crappy ones, hence making the show less diluted.

And it seems you're implying that Alabasta/Enies were relevant to begin with.

And I'll suggest whatever I feel may help improve their enjoyment. This thread asked for advice and I chipped in.

Alabasta and Enies Lobby are connected to the main storyline as long as they affect and force to reorganize the factor that plays the most relevant antagonist role in the series, the World Government and by extension, the marines. Skypiea is a fine adventure but is disconnected from the plot, it had no external consequences and has remained as an experience that only the Straw Hats know about. I've had this discussion before with Grunbeld and I don't think there's anything I should add. It is fine if you don't like the arcs, but in the same way I would never recommend to skip Marineford -which to me is a meh arc- or Fishman Island despite how low my opinion on them is, I simply can't understand when you guys, haters or not, suggest to skip arcs that are long and recognizable enough inside the series and storyline just because you don't like them. I'm not asking you to have the mindset of the fans, but if anything, to be coherent with the linearity of the show. People who miss Alabasta and Enies Lobby would leave many details, explanations and ideas behind through their viewing of One Piece.
Sep 13, 2014 7:53 AM

Sep 2013
Why would you skip anything, especially the start? What's the point of even watching it if you feel you have to skip arcs.

Anyone who can say Enies wasn't relevant clearly hasn't been following the story at all.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
8 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 8 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.