Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, we get to meet Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna! I thought for sure Tierno would have a Corphish just like in the anime but he has a Squirtle instead.

Wait a second, did Serena just say this is her first battle? I can't believe I never realized it but it's been 39 episodes and she's never had a 'real' battle!

It looks like she's finally getting some character development. I wonder what her dream will be. Rhyhorn racing? Or maybe Pokemon breeding? It's still a mystery.

P.S. I am still waiting to see what happened with Mirror Team Rocket >:( Don't think a silly camp episode is going to make me forget xD
Aug 14, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Or maybe Pokemon breeding?

I'm sure she's interested in breeding...minus the pokemon...add a certain dipshit main character.
Aug 15, 2014 10:46 AM
Apr 2014
This is a very interesting episode!

(Although this episode isn't subbed in English yet, the Japanese dialogue coupled with body language is easy enough to understand! ^^)

I've been watching away Pokemon XY anticipating in more of Serena x Satoshi's growth + Serena's personal growth. She seems to be talented or at least show interest in fashion and cooking -- so I think maybe her dream/goal might lead her in that direction -- but who knows?!

We get an interesting shot of Serena when she feels perturbed after Ash states his dream. She's still confused and lost on what she wishes to do with her life.

Even at the end of the episode, you can see that this struggle of not having a dream persists within Serena. It seems she feels pressured from the people around her who has a goal and she feels obligated that she needs to hurry and pick a goal/ dream for herself as well.

When she was sitting at the pier with Fokko, I think the animator did a nice job showing their audience the isolation and the worry Serena is constantly having to deal with knowing that she's a bit slow on the uptake of the idea of pursuing a dream she is truly passionate about.
Aug 20, 2014 3:53 AM

Jul 2007
Thought they'd have the same Pokemon as the game, but Kanto Pokemon even better!

Think 'k...' is ready to evolve by now.
Aug 20, 2014 5:03 PM
Jul 2014
Good episode. Introduced the trio of games we already know (X and Y respectively), see Team Rocket do anything but the same old thing was satisfactory. And that atmosphere that was the end of the episode where Serena seems to have not established a dream, was a curious tactic to hold the viewer to the character. Out that the anime is not far from what we saw so much in the game. Two things left me disappointed: Where is Team Rocket's world of mirrors that seen in episode 37? And when was that Professor Sycamore became filthy rich? Seriously, not even Professor Oak appeared to have much money. O_o
Aug 20, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2011
Those trio have finally appeared.

Looks like we are taking too long so we can have Ash vs. Korrina... just like how long it is to get to the 3rd gym in the games.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2011
I hope serena finally gets something more to do.
Aug 22, 2014 6:08 AM
Sep 2013
there are some serious development changes in serena.......wonder what is her dreams...............but summer camps remind me of Pokemon DP battle dimension......in that summer camp Angie fell in love with ash.....i thought they could bring angie to this summer camp...and make things interesting....
Aug 22, 2014 12:21 PM
Mar 2013
saiyan32 said:
there are some serious development changes in serena.......wonder what is her dreams...............but summer camps remind me of Pokemon DP battle dimension......in that summer camp Angie fell in love with ash.....i thought they could bring angie to this summer camp...and make things interesting....
Haha you still remember that summer camp episode? Good memory! It's to bad Angie is probably never going to show up here (or ever again) because she was really only a plot device during those camp episodes.
Aug 24, 2014 5:41 AM
Sep 2013
..[/quote]
emeraldrosary said:
Haha you still remember that summer camp episode? Good memory! It's to bad Angie is probably never going to show up here (or ever again) because she was really only a plot device during those camp episodes.[/quote]

hmm...sad enough.....I would really want love to watch some jealousy .... between angie and serena.....i hope at least one time she comes back...
Aug 25, 2014 11:51 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I think Serena will go after a PokeVision goal or maybe Pokemon breeding. She can cook, and that one video had a lot of views.

Finally, the Kanto starters show up again. Although, I would have preferred the Johto starters. The Charmander looked pretty hyper and fired up. If it manages to become a Charizard it can very well become a strong energetic one that can be dangerous due to it picking up fights quickly.

Mar 5, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
A dancing Squirtle and a fiery Charmander - interesting.

Seems odd that it has taken so long for Serena to get around to having a proper Pokemon battle.

Funny that Fennekin is called Fokko in Japan lol. You can see why it isn't called that elsewhere lol. It does sound somewhat rude lol.

I think Serena should be just happy being happy and herself, she doesn't need a dream at that age really. She should just be happy doing what she's doing.

I liked AfroJames lol.
Apr 20, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
ash needs to brag more i swear. if i were him, i would straight up name every single pokemon i have, legendaries i've met, and regions i've explored like the narcissistic shit i am.

i really hope serena finds a dream she can dedicate herself to
Oct 31, 2015 7:53 AM

May 2013
I'm glad I'm back to watching Pokemon XY such an likeable and light-hearted series to follow. I really loved and enjoyed this episode, seeing the trio that we've been expecting was cool they all were likeable and it was nice to see the "OG" starters, the Kanto starter Pokemon it was nice to see. The Kanto starters all were trained well, Team Rocket was chill. All in all a great episode. Ash is really developing and growing, he took his loss gracefully and was very humble when Citron was bragging about him. I love Serena, she seems to be trying to find herself and find a goal, she's been the most interesting female companion since Misty or dare I say ever? I love Serena though and I hope she can find herself and whatever she wants to do. Either way, very enjoyable episode and I can't wait to see how things go.

Nov 7, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2014
Finally we are be able to see Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna.. while their pokemon isn't exactly the same with the game but it's still good to use the rest of kanto starter which can also obtained from Prof Sycamore..

Tierno can be ash's pseudo rival in the future although i didn't really expect him to be somewhat really strong.. on the other side, it's nice to focus on serena's "dream".. it would be nice if Serena get some development and finally decide to choose what will she do next.. and i think it would be good if serena decide to be pokemon performer or whatever that Shauna did since it would not only give us a whole new "career" even she will have a rival in Shauna..

Overall a great episode.. seems we'll spent 2-3 more episodes about this camp and it's interesting for me.. Looking forward to see the next ones.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 1, 2016 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty confident Prof. Platane is banging his assistants.

The OG starters are back in town!

Fucking Satoshi lost to a rookie trainer. lol
RobSep 2, 2016 11:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 27, 2022 2:20 PM

Dec 2007
this arc reminding us that pokemon xy, though to be better than bw, after all, is, a children series. lol

WTH was that ash "lose"?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.