Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Sebastian's teasing cracked me up this episode. It doesn't hit well with Beast though.

We get more blood spilled so the events are escalating. It looks like the Circus group is a bit worried about the recent events. I would be too if I was them. However, I am more worried about Suit's next move. Seems like he's up to something.
Stark700Aug 14, 2014 11:52 AM
Aug 14, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
OMG, I got wet (just kidding).

lol
Sebastian is a Hell of a Seductive...
Just sayin'
Aug 14, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:

Ha, Sebastian's teasing cracked me up this episode. It doesn't hit well with Beast though.

We get more blood spilled so the events are escalating. It looks like the Circus group is a bit worried about the recent events. I would be too if I was them. However, I am more worried about Suit's next move. Seems like he's up to something.

Sebastian's teases are normally always funny, unless he's really ticked.

Too true, given Ciel's reputation as the Queen's Watchdog, I would be too. Though we already know what happens, thanks to the manga, I really did enjoy seeing the scenes of Sebastian getting scolded by Agni on being a butler, and seeing him use his sleep powers on Ciel.. cute.

I didn't care much for the Beast scene this episode, I didn't care for it in the manga (even though I know Sebastian was only getting information), I'm actually glad they cut it short (and changed her position if I recall right.).

julyachan said:
OMG, I got wet (just kidding).

lol
Just sayin'

LOL, that he is.. That he is.. One sexy demon. I wonder if he is the demon of lust.

Poor Ciel this chapter, but it was so cute seeing him argue with Soma. Soma return was nice. He's one of the few comedy relief characters I can stand. He cares so much for his friends.

Aug 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Sebastian you dirty geezer.
Looks like there will be a lot of action next episode?
Aug 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
This was such a good episode! Nice too see Prince Soma and Agni make an appearance again. Enjoyed the scene of Sebastian getting lectured by Agni about being a proper butler, haha. also the dream/flashback of Madam Reds death. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

julyachan said:

Aug 14, 2014 3:22 PM
Apr 2013
Just in case you forgot Sebastian is a demon, this definitely will remind you like a slap in the face.

Another good episode. The flashback to the Madame Red arc was well done I thought.

Next week, some messed up stuff is going down. Be prepared.
MCALAug 14, 2014 3:26 PM
Aug 14, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
I always know to expect it, but I honestly can't help muting/skipping pages and waiting until Sebastian's seduction scenes are over (︶︹︺)
The second-hand embarrassment for the girls getting seduced is too strong.
flowerheaddressAug 14, 2014 3:36 PM
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Aug 14, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2011
I SCREAMED AT THAT SCENE
AND I WAS LIKE "WTF" FOR A FEW MINS AFTER IT XD
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME, DAMN IT SEBASTIAN
Aug 14, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
Such an good episode!

btw.Sebastian can come to seduce me anytime.....as long as he cleans up my house and bakes me a cake after...
Aug 14, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
This was great, with the intro to the episode showing Ciel's past and the Madame Red flashback. And with the seduction scene, I wouldn't mind being in Beast's position...

ANYWAYS, I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds!
KawaiiPutinChanFeb 8, 2015 5:09 PM
Aug 14, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
Many flashbacks when he's sick.

Wow, Sabby can even do that? But it was to get some information from her, who loves the boss but he is somehow concentrating on his goal. He somehow got the whole information that they are gone.

Final battle soon? And seems like Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru is going to replace this during Fall?
tsubasaloverAug 14, 2014 4:48 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 14, 2014 5:04 PM
Apr 2014
Sebastian... Come seduce me too~

I actually started watching this without having seen any of the earlier seasons (I avoided it at first bc I'm a BL fan who is really uncomfortable with shota) and I am really enjoying it! Totally not seeing the SebaCiel (sorry guys) which is a relief XD Their relationship is really cute though o(^_^)o I suppose I should watch the earlier seasons sometime...
alexielleAug 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 14, 2014 6:05 PM
Jul 2013
alexielle said:

I actually started watching this without having seen any of the earlier seasons (I avoided it at first bc I'm a BL fan who is really uncomfortable with shota) and I am really enjoying it! Totally not seeing the SebaCiel (sorry guys) which is a relief XD Their relationship is really cute though o(^_^)o I suppose I should watch the earlier seasons sometime...

If you do decide to watch the earlier seasons and you don't want to waste your time, you should really just watch Season 1 from episodes 1 to 15 - since its all canon and in the manga. Episode 15-25 and the whole of season 2 is filler but that's up to you anyway :)

HAHA I remember avoiding Black Butler because I heard it was shonen-ai and BL and people were shipping a little boy with a butler and I was like WTF? I gave in since it was quite popular then. You can definitely notice the little teases and undertones but like you; I can't ship or see Ciel x Sebastian. I just find Ciel's need for bassy really really cute.
ADDThomAug 14, 2014 6:28 PM
Aug 14, 2014 6:09 PM
Oct 2009
Awww yeaaa! I was a bit worried they wouldn't keep THAT scene in! But they kinda had to! They just had to! They delivered! And it was great!

Too bad there's some filler flashback from S1 lol. But oh well, all's well. Can't wait for next ep!
Aug 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
great episode. no complaints. :)
Aug 14, 2014 6:26 PM
Jul 2013
For a moment, I really wanted Joker to kiss Beast, or maybe it's because I'm in love with Mamoru Miyano's voice roles ;p

So I went and read the chapter for part of this episode and I must say, Sebastian's seduction scene was more tamer in the manga. Though in the anime after seeing their 'doggy style' shadow, on the wall, I instantly said "Sebastian really is one hell of a butler" XD

Story is really picking up and I didn't like seeing my poor Ciel in that weak state - that's right. go lay down!
I think the only thing I want more out of this season is action, I want more fights. 4/5
ADDThomAug 14, 2014 6:31 PM
Aug 14, 2014 7:13 PM
Aug 2013
Sebastian's got some really interesting methods to get information out of women. He can come get information out of me anytime lmfao.

I wish I knew how to put pictures, because I have the perfect one for the first half of the episode.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the upcoming episodes. I'm gonna start reading the manga too, I think.
Aug 14, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only guy who watches black butler??? and maybe because I'm a guy and immune to sebastins "charm" but the why beast gives in to sebastian was to easy for me it makes beast's love for joker look very shallow because it only took a few line from sebatin for her to give in.
Aug 14, 2014 8:41 PM

Oct 2013
LOL. I want Sebastian to seduce me, too...
Aug 14, 2014 9:28 PM

Apr 2014
I'm still constantly surprised by how much darker this arc is than the other seasons of the anime. Yes, there's a demon, yes, Ciel has a terrible past in all the versions of the anime- but really, Book of Circus actually reminds you of these facts. The flashback to Ciel's past was dark and terrifying, something that seems really out of place with the more lighthearted feelings of season one and even season two of the anime. In Book of Circus, the fact that Sebastian is a demon who probably doesn't really care for anything but getting to eat Ciel's soul hounds the viewer at every turn- when he seduces Beast to get the information he needs, the opening and ending sequences, and several other instances, for example. As for the other seasons of the anime, the fact that Sebastian is a demon can seem somewhat distant and unrelated to the plot of the anime.

This arc seems to deal with some more mature themes to match the dark undertones- the kidnapping of children, slaughter of multiple people, a mysterious man called Father who I can't help but liken to the idea of the Soviet Union's Big Brother, lies, seduction- certainly not what I expected after watch the first two season of Kuroshitsuji, but you know what? I like it, I think this is much more suitable for an anime about a demon and mysteries that will always involve death and disturbing situations. That's what the first two seasons of Kuroshitsuji were missing in the most, the lack of seriousness and play on emotion during the more dark scenes.

It appears as though due to all his pain and suffering, Ciel has distanced himself from emotion and sympathy. It's sad to see that such a young child has had to go through so much. Everyone talks about how badass and cool he is, but really, think about it. He's just a boy with the power to manipulate, and not much more, because his butler does everything for him. He finds his power in the monster that will ultimately destroy him. Ciel is a king in the game, but it's often forgotten that he's in a game, Sebastian's game. He may be more powerful than the pawns, but at the end of the day, he's just a piece of the puzzle.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 14, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my, oh my. Flashbacks were nice. One thing I did not understand though. They showed Ciel, on a table, being stabbed, asking for someone to "Kill them", and at the same time, Ciel in a cage, looking at what happens on that table, then taking the hand of Sebastian and forming the contract. Or it was another child on that table? Ciel did say "No one will save us". Was he referring to everyone there? When Sebastian came and looked around, they showed that table with all that blood, and they conveniently hid the child's face with the fire from a candle. Is that child important? Why they didn't show his face?

Sebastian seducing Beast... Sebastian, you..., you..., you sly, manipulative devil!
Ugh... Soma and Agni... Never liked them. Probably never will. But Agni questioning Sebastian's butler aesthetics was interesting.

ikramit said:
I'm a guy and immune to sebastins "charm" but the why beast gives in to sebastian was to easy for me it makes beast's love for joker look very shallow because it only took a few line from sebatin for her to give in.

Well, she's hurt, she knows she'll never have Joker. It's not that it's shallow, it's more like "I love you that much, and you don't give me anything in return". She's rejected, broken, having regrets about what they are doing and lonely (he didn't even return her hug and left her there, alone, falling on her knees and crying). And Sebastian IS THERE to comfort her. A pair of strong, protective arms and sweet, caring words, go well on a broken girl. And I think he knows how to seduce a girl, better than the average male (beside being very good looking, well mannered, gentle, strong and skillful in everything). He's filling the hole that Joker left in her heart (dam, pun definitely not intended XD). I mean, that's not the first time in history when things go this route. Usually it's called "taking advantage" of someone. (This really needs to be explained? It depends on how broken is someone. Someone will fill the void with food, some with alcohol, some with one night stands and someone will hurt themselves)

Only 4 more episodes. So sad. I don't want it to end. It's so good... I'm starting to have an unhealthy obsession with it.
Aug 14, 2014 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
Sebastian you player :D
Aug 14, 2014 10:01 PM
Aug 2011
Oh my Sebastian. Oh. My.
I knew it was coming *cough* but uh yeah.
Though nothing can beat my entire face when he and that nun were going at it.

He's definitely extremely manipulative and sly.
Rather than fawning over how perfect he is at everything THIS is the side of him that is most interesting to me.

The flashback scenes were not my favorite but I revel in everything else.

Now that I actually would like this to be 2-cour it's shorter than almost all shows...
standAug 14, 2014 10:05 PM
Aug 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Jul 2014
Very very cool <3 Can't wait for next week!
Aug 15, 2014 12:15 AM

Nov 2011
I've forgotten how good Kuroshitsuji can be. Seems like Ciel was involved in some sort of human trafficking scheme. I'm liking Doll's character, but I don't see a good end for her, or the rest of the troupe for that matter. I'm hoping they manage to hit a decent ending in just 4 more episodes.
Aug 15, 2014 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
the flashbacks were definitely enjoyable, major deja vu to alois's past though. for a moment i thought this was all just reused material from the first series because of it, but in the end, it was still very well done.

that love triangle though.

i can't believe they left the circus already. i was expecting much more of the plot to take place while ciel and sebastian were actually still a part of the circus so it'll be interesting to see where they take this.
Aug 15, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2009
ADDThom said:
alexielle said:

If you do decide to watch the earlier seasons and you don't want to waste your time, you should really just watch Season 1 from episodes 1 to 15 - since its all canon and in the manga. Episode 15-25 and the whole of season 2 is filler but that's up to you anyway :)

HAHA I remember avoiding Black Butler because I heard it was shonen-ai and BL and people were shipping a little boy with a butler and I was like WTF? I gave in since it was quite popular then. You can definitely notice the little teases and undertones but like you; I can't ship or see Ciel x Sebastian. I just find Ciel's need for bassy really really cute.

You're wrong. Season one diverged in episode 1. The Italian guy, Damian, never existed. He is based of the nice man, Sir Clause, in the manga. Who did not get burned alive in chapter one, nor was he evil. Episode 2 was actually meant to be episode 3 because it's chapter 3-4 in the manga. Episode 3 was meant to be episode 2 cause it was chapter 2 in the manga. 4-6 were canon, but didn't include all the canon. 7-12 were filler. 13-15 followed the Curry Arc, but still changed things in slight. So no, it wasn't all canon. 16-25 and season 2 (which are being ignored now.) are filler.

Hate to break it to you, but Yana had originally wanted to do the manga yaoi, and between those two characters, but she wasn't allowed. She hints at it strongly though. The ship arc being a big f you to her publishers.

Personally, alexielle, I would read the manga. If you want to know the true story, follow the canon which is the manga.
Adellaeda said:
Oh my, oh my. Flashbacks were nice. One thing I did not understand though. They showed Ciel, on a table, being stabbed, asking for someone to "Kill them", and at the same time, Ciel in a cage, looking at what happens on that table, then taking the hand of Sebastian and forming the contract. Or it was another child on that table? Ciel did say "No one will save us". Was he referring to everyone there? When Sebastian came and looked around, they showed that table with all that blood, and they conveniently hid the child's face with the fire from a candle. Is that child important? Why they didn't show his face?

Sebastian seducing Beast... Sebastian, you..., you..., you sly, manipulative devil!
Ugh... Soma and Agni... Never liked them. Probably never will. But Agni questioning Sebastian's butler aesthetics was interesting.

ikramit said:
I'm a guy and immune to sebastins "charm" but the why beast gives in to sebastian was to easy for me it makes beast's love for joker look very shallow because it only took a few line from sebatin for her to give in.

Well, she's hurt, she knows she'll never have Joker. It's not that it's shallow, it's more like "I love you that much, and you don't give me anything in return". She's rejected, broken, having regrets about what they are doing and lonely (he didn't even return her hug and left her there, alone, falling on her knees and crying). And Sebastian IS THERE to comfort her. A pair of strong, protective arms and sweet, caring words, go well on a broken girl. And I think he knows how to seduce a girl, better than the average male (beside being very good looking, well mannered, gentle, strong and skillful in everything). He's filling the hole that Joker left in her heart (dam, pun definitely not intended XD). I mean, that's not the first time in history when things go this route. Usually it's called "taking advantage" of someone. (This really needs to be explained? It depends on how broken is someone. Someone will fill the void with food, some with alcohol, some with one night stands and someone will hurt themselves)

Only 4 more episodes. So sad. I don't want it to end. It's so good... I'm starting to have an unhealthy obsession with it.

One of the effects of trauma is memory distortion. It's very likely that Ciel suffers from it along with having post traumatic stress, and the other effects of trauma to boot. It's the most likely because Ciel remembers being stab and on that table, this we do know, and he also remembers being in the cage. He can't remember the order of things and how the happened. (http://psychcentral.com/lib/understanding-the-effects-of-trauma-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/0003971 Link to a detailed list of the effects of trauma.)

It's also possible Sebastian made the contract with Ciel while he was in between life and death and his soul was stuck in the cage. (Like how some ghost attach themselves to places where they died (and/or spent the most horrible moments of their lives, or most memorable moments.)).)

Exactly, nicely explained. Though I still don't like that scene and I'm glad they cut it short (and I was right. They did change Beast position.)

I know!! I keep marking down the episodes, and I keep wincing thinking of how little time left we have with it, and Book of Murder only has two episodes. (Thankfully the Walking Dead returns Oct. 12th.)

xxSaspra said:
the flashbacks were definitely enjoyable, major deja vu to alois's past though. for a moment i thought this was all just reused material from the first series because of it, but in the end, it was still very well done.

that love triangle though.

i can't believe they left the circus already. i was expecting much more of the plot to take place while ciel and sebastian were actually still a part of the circus so it'll be interesting to see where they take this.

The flashbacks weren't completely canon, I remember the flashback with Madame Red and his mother, and Lizzie, standing over him after his asthma attack, but the other flashbacks I don't recall being in the manga at that time. Still nicely done though.

Love triangle? What love triangle?
lovelyphantomAug 15, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 15, 2014 7:49 AM

Dec 2008
Beast, you lucky bitch! I'm so jealous of you right now!! For one night with Sebastian, I'd risk death! I swear, Sebastian could probably talk the panties right off of Mother Teresa.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 15, 2014 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Sebastian confirmed for Beast tamer.
Aug 15, 2014 8:10 AM

Jun 2013
they way the flashbacks were done is amazing and Sebastian being a teaser as usual
Aug 15, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2007
Soma so cute <3 The flashbacks were really well done, thankfully far better than when they introduced Soma/Agni or the shinigami. And that seduction scene

We're really getting down to it next week. Can't exactly say I'm looking forward to it though, heh
Aug 15, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2010
Great flashbacks. I really love that piano piece, and the colours... everything. There's such a dark atmosphere in this episode, yet Soma and Agni don't feel out of place to me. In fact, this is my favourite episode so far and I'm going to watch it again right now.

Too many feels for this series ; _ ;
Aug 15, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
lovelyphantom said:
One of the effects of trauma is memory distortion. It's very likely that Ciel suffers from it along with having post traumatic stress, and the other effects of trauma to boot.

Memory distortion... I never thought about it, but now everything makes more sense. I actually started googleing a bit after that and I found that some people think that Ciel is not Ciel and the real Ciel died on that table, and our Ciel took his identity, being the same age and looking more or less alike. That confused the hell out of me and I really don't like that idea (how dare they say that our Ciel is not the real Ciel? *shakes fist*). So you Sir/Lady have my thanks for bringing some light to that.
Aug 15, 2014 10:02 AM
May 2014
SEBASTIAN GOT LAID (with a woman) WOW...

That sexy beast needs to be tamed, but seriously, I first thought this was going to be a crappy sequel to make more money but the dark portrayal of the plot is amazing. I'm very impressed and I look forward to it every week!
Aug 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Adellaeda said:

There are 2 Ciels, the one on the table is the one they used as a sacrifice to summon Sebastian, that means he is real and not in Ciel's mind, there are hints everywhere-
If you want it in more detail but be warned-
SPOILERS
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1181397&show=0#post1

btw, does anyone have the family photo? I can't find it anywhere :(
Aug 15, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Sebastian doing Beast doggy style was fabulous :3

Can't wait for the real shit to commence! The best parts of this arc are incoming >.<
Aug 15, 2014 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
Sebastian and Beast.. Why? ;c
I knew this was coming, but I hate Beast even more now.. Altough, at fault is Sebastian.
Sometimes I wish that I would have butler like Sebastian, but after all, he is a demon.. :'D

It was good that they didn't show Madam Red' past so accurately, because I have already seen it in manga and anime.

They should show Snake more in anime.

This was ok episode. I'm happy that there is coming even better episodes... :3
Aug 15, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
UnbornMVs said:
I SCREAMED AT THAT SCENE

swaggahsaurus said:
I'm still constantly surprised by how much darker this arc is than the other seasons of the anime. Yes, there's a demon, yes, Ciel has a terrible past in all the versions of the anime- but really, Book of Circus actually reminds you of these facts. The flashback to Ciel's past was dark and terrifying, something that seems really out of place with the more lighthearted feelings of season one and even season two of the anime. In Book of Circus, the fact that Sebastian is a demon who probably doesn't really care for anything but getting to eat Ciel's soul hounds the viewer at every turn- when he seduces Beast to get the information he needs, the opening and ending sequences, and several other instances, for example. As for the other seasons of the anime, the fact that Sebastian is a demon can seem somewhat distant and unrelated to the plot of the anime.

This arc seems to deal with some more mature themes to match the dark undertones- the kidnapping of children, slaughter of multiple people, a mysterious man called Father who I can't help but liken to the idea of the Soviet Union's Big Brother, lies, seduction- certainly not what I expected after watch the first two season of Kuroshitsuji, but you know what? I like it, I think this is much more suitable for an anime about a demon and mysteries that will always involve death and disturbing situations. That's what the first two seasons of Kuroshitsuji were missing in the most, the lack of seriousness and play on emotion during the more dark scenes.

It appears as though due to all his pain and suffering, Ciel has distanced himself from emotion and sympathy. It's sad to see that such a young child has had to go through so much. Everyone talks about how badass and cool he is, but really, think about it. He's just a boy with the power to manipulate, and not much more, because his butler does everything for him. He finds his power in the monster that will ultimately destroy him. Ciel is a king in the game, but it's often forgotten that he's in a game, Sebastian's game. He may be more powerful than the pawns, but at the end of the day, he's just a piece of the puzzle.

^^^^^THIS

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 15, 2014 1:18 PM

Mar 2013
That scene with Beast was way too sexy, geez, Sebastian you dirty demon. I'm glad it was animated tho. I love Beast so this was like watching paradise for me.
Aug 15, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
Urgh.. need to read some SebaCiel to get that image outta my mind.

UnbornMVs said:
I SCREAMED AT THAT SCENE
Aug 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE, OMG
THIS EP WAS SO GOODDD, AND I'M VERY CURIOUS..
Ciel was pretty damn cute this ep.. <333
NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK!

Aug 15, 2014 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
Damn Sebastian! Lucky him for seducing Beast, she is hot! Didnt know Sebastian can get other kind of 'pussy', I enjoy this chap so much bout teasing to Ciel.
Aug 15, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2011
Goddammit joker, Beast was constantly wearing those suggestive clothes to seduce him yet she's the one who got seduced buy the demon. Find that by itself very ironic. I really didn't expect for the studio to animate this scene but they surprisingly and perfectly did! I love how the studio sticks to the manga, If they just did that from the very beginning!! -_- the 1st&2nd seasons -to me- were nothing but failures. It sounds like that the studio took the main points of the story from the manga and created their own irrelevant one. the messed up the series.

Anyhow, I'm now dying to see the next episode, I was willing to watch the last 2 episodes all together after the anime finishes but I couldn't really stand not to watch yesterday's episode. I couldn't resist it Lol.
Aug 15, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2011
I was really surprised with Beast but it was quite nice. I do smile a little at the reactions to that and what a wide range they run in. Aside from that, it really amused me to see Sebastian having his views on being a butler swayed one way or another.
Aug 15, 2014 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
i knew the scene was coming but it still was awkward to watch. it just acts as a reminder that sebastian is ruthless in everything he does to fulfill all of ciel's demands. the episode was really interesting. we're getting to the really good parts next episode. i'm looking forward to it
Aug 15, 2014 11:57 PM
Jun 2010
SPOILERS TO SEASON 1!!!

So I love this series and this season is great but I have some HUGE qualms. Now I understand where this season falls in the story line of the first however there are some huge details that should have remained consistent between the three seasons. In some parts I feel like when they made this one they never went back and watch the first one.
Example:
1. Ciel's mark in the first two seasons is on his ribs not his back.
2. When his parents died the house was engulfed in flames.
3. His parents were sewn together via the angel, not just lying dead on the floor.
4. Sebastian came to Ciel in the form of a crow, not as himself.
5. Sebastian makes Ciel close his eyes in the first one so he doesn't see his true form, so why would he have come to him in?

Sorry I'm a stickler for detail and these really bother me, and whats worse is i know there will be more as the season goes on. As a stand alone is great but when you consider it part of the whole series it has quite a few flaws.

Also the person who said that the second half of season 1 and season 2 are all fillers your SOO wrong, this is more of a filler than anything else.

And the person who said they've never seen Sebastian do that before is also off because he uses this tactic in the church, he even kind of brags about it to the angel lol.
Aug 16, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
There are 2 Ciels, the one on the table is the one they used as a sacrifice to summon Sebastian, that means he is real and not in Ciel's mind, there are hints everywhere

I really, really don't like that idea, but I guess in time we will receive answers. If the idea of 2 Ciels will be revealed to be true, then I'll be half surprised and half disappointed. Ciel, losing his innocence (I still wonder if he means his virginity by that), his name, and title and power, and then regaining them back, with the help of Sebastian is more entertaining for me. It's somehow like the legend of the Phoenix. The theory with two Ciels would mean that Ciel was a no one, and because of some tragical events, he gained power, a title, wealth and a family. In this case, I won't like Ciel that much anymore. His situation won't look as bad as it does now (and that IS part of who he is).
That's why, for the time being, I'll stick with lovelyphantom's idea, that Sebastian found him between life and death, (or PTSD) and his memories are distorted.
Besides, he remembers his childhood, being sick, playing with Lizzy, and that night when he found his parents dead. And, I think Madame Red, Lizzy, Tanaka would notice if he was a fake (the idea of a brother, I dismiss from the start. There is no brother in any photo, or any memory, he's or Lizzy's).

Writtenmuse said:
As a stand alone is great but when you consider it part of the whole series it has quite a few flaws.

It's not part of the whole. You could say it's a remake, straight from the manga, which the other two seasons didn't stuck to. I'm not gonna lie, I loved the first two seasons. That made me read the manga. And I loved the manga even more. And now this season. I'm in heaven and totally, irrevocably obsessed. If this season would be part of the other two, as you say, as a third season, then Ciel would be a demon now, which he's not. THIS IS NOT THE THIRD SEASON, PEOPLE. THIS IS A DIFFERENT ADAPTATION (or better said, the real adaptation)

edit: it could be that we see something from the past, but I don't think so. That would mean that the second season is legit and is the end of the story. And I really doubt that Yana Toboso would give in an anime such a big spoiler for the end of her own (still ongoing) manga.
AdellaedaAug 16, 2014 12:30 AM
Aug 16, 2014 3:56 AM

Jul 2014
nutrrox said:
in this episode it is the first time we could see Sebastian's bare hands.

Ummm... no? First episode, first minute, Sebastian is dressing himself. And we can see his black nails (gotta love them), as he has no gloves.
And there was the episode (I think the 4th), where he shows William his contract seal, saying that he doesn't just wander around, but is following an order from Ciel.
Aug 16, 2014 6:36 AM

Dec 2013
REMEMBER WHEN SEBASTIAN DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO A NUN?
Omg, as a manga reader, I knew that was coming, but shit, I blushed like a retard through the hole episode.
#nanodayolo
Aug 16, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Omg this episode was very seductive.
Sebastian is one hell of a seducer
Joker lost to a butler to get Beast
Omg this is the second time he has sex with someone ,all I have to say is lucky asses
Even doing her doggy ?!
Glad they didn't skip this part
Ciel going back home was cute
I'm scared of Doll going to Father and Joker
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

146 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

72 by Elyshion »»
Apr 3, 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.