Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah, I'm glad Nine managed to get out of that mess but those poor people. Some of that wreckage reminds me of the London Bombings during 05.

It looks like they are playing against Five now since Nine figured it out it's her. Nine sees his operation like a chess game so I like the way he's playing it smart and slow. Pretty interesting episode overall with the little mind games and the security camera. Let the game begin D:
Stark700Aug 14, 2014 9:38 AM
Aug 14, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2012
Five is so fucking amazing.

Another great episode. It seems like Five and the other guy are in the FBI, and looking for the the bomb that Nine and Twelve stole. Now I'm really confused on what Nine dreams are about. I think Five is smarter than both Nine and Twelve. The whole airport is a chess board!? How would that work? Also Shibazaki and his team doing things in there own. Also Dat English. Plus Lisa is part on the plan too. There is just too much going on for one episode.

5/5. I can't wait to see how this goes down.
AntearionAug 14, 2014 10:32 AM
Aug 14, 2014 10:33 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

Ah, I'm glad Nine managed to get out of that mess but those poor people. Some of that wreckage reminds me of the London Bombings during 05.

Good catch. Also, Five was singing "London bridge is falling down" shortly after they recapped the bomb.

She is one sadistic fuck...
Aug 14, 2014 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing stuff :3 First "To be continued" ep til now ^^

Really liking Five as the antagonist. She's BA! and one crazy bitch XD That was quite the reaction when she saw Nine's face :3

Lisa's clumsiness is for some reason adorable <3 I wonder if she'll play an important role in this?

Shibakazi and the police ready to put their job on the line in the garage was lol and BA at the same time hehe.

Let's see how this goes. I really have no idea where it's going from here :O
Aug 14, 2014 10:37 AM
Jul 2014
Go back and check. They all have been "To be continued"
Aug 14, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2009
Uwaaaa!!!

That's so creepy complicated. But honestly, using every single monitor in the airport?
And what's the guarantee she wont blow it up anyway when they're there? Hmm... then again, she's one for games.

As expected, Lisa is their trump card.
I so wonder what Shibazaki's move will be though now. Or if they'll be caught in the blast.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 14, 2014 10:43 AM
Oct 2010
That engrish was so bad omg lol. I like how his description photo looks like eren from AoT, kinda funny. Five is a really awful character though, the whole insane evil genius thing is a bit ridiculous for what this show has been going for so far.

Additionalyl I didn't understand was what was the point in playing this "game". Why not just go and capture them? Also who the hell would allow the US government to blow up one of their airports? That is dumb on so many levels and not to mention would cause huge international uproar if the information leaked. I'm also surprised that no one even questioned the fact that the message for the bomb was delivered in an utterly non characteristic fashion i.e via text rather than a video with the two of them like it was before.

At least lisa is finally being used for something, took a while but she's finally going to have some relevance in all of this.
GD1551Aug 14, 2014 11:04 AM
Aug 14, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2014
I think I had an eargasm+eyegasm during that awesome airport sequence.

Now I wonder how Shibazaki will join that chess game of theirs.
Maybe he will try to stop Five directly from her area of operation.

Doubt there's any other way for him to figure out the location of the bomb.
Five is really awesome though, despite her ruthlessness.
Aug 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Five is one freaky lady. Doing all of this to continue the game they never finish long ago? Well it looks like Sphinx are walking into a trap. I'm curious on how they plan using Lisa to get out of this one.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 14, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
In this episode we get a glimpse of Nine, Twelve, and Five's secret skills.
1) Twelve has synesthesia that can see color in sounds. How that will come into play, we'll see. I'm guessing he can sense when someone's lying or not by looking at the colors of their voice?
2) Nine seems to have the ability to visualize clear mental images when he visualized the chessboard in his head. Inb4 chess players say that anyone can do that as long as they played the game long enough.
3) Five, well, let's just say she has the ability to "read minds" with her crazy sense of logic. Otherwise she wouldn't have chosen a game like chess where it's all about predicting the opponent's move and she wouldn't have been able to predict Nine and Twelve's intentions with the bombings when no one else could.

Whatever experiments were performed, they were to enhance the human psyche or senses it seems like. We'll found out soon enough for what reason these kids were trained and experimented for from such a young age.

Overall, a very intense episode. You can always count on Shibasaki to find out that something's not right.

Speaking of which, a while back someone pointed out the chess reference and how Lisa is a metaphor for being the "queen." Zankyou no Terror's attention to detail astounds me each episode. Can't wait to see the chess game played out with the main characters being metaphors for the chess pieces.
Aug 14, 2014 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
I don't really like how the police is just letting Five put bombs wherever she wants... Like even if she is from the FBI how can she just put so many civilians in danger like that.

Dec 2012
Chess game. Five taking control of their plans. I hope Lisa would help those two if they will get cornered by Five.

Apr 2014
The flashback scene, was weird and creepy...as hell this time....This episode is more like a set-up for the next episode. What will they planned to do with Lisa?

Aug 2013
To be honest I was hoping for something 'bigger' than chess game..
And I don't like the whole thing with five. It is getting more generic because of that :/
For the first time ... 3/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 14, 2014 10:51 AM

Sep 2010
Not sure why but I don't like the new character 'five' too much and even though I loved almost every aspect of this episode whenever she appears I simply get annoyed. My hope is that she will get defeated quickly and never appear again but it looks like it will not be the case.

Oh, well it probably can't be helped that this anime is not perfect in every aspect. Maybe there will be some revelation that will make me think differently about 'five' but I don't see it coming in the least.

Anyway, can't wait for the game of chess that will happen in next episode.
Aug 14, 2014 10:51 AM

Feb 2014
Really liked the episode.
A chess game,huh? This god interesting, can't wait for next week to see how the guys deal with Five.
Aug 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode. I loved Five's reaction when she saw Nine. Awesome soundtrack. The whole episode I was just so excited about what was gonna happen next. Can't wait for what happens next.
Aug 14, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode!!! Can't wait for the next one! Haha that English though xD still good nonetheless
Aug 14, 2014 11:08 AM
Sep 2013
Very good episode Lisa finally about to show what she can do. That Ost is a must have. Five is one of those good complex villians. Chess at an airport is cunning to say the least. Cant wait till next episode.
Aug 14, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
I'm really curious what Five's reasons for wanting to continue her game with Nine and Twelve are. If she doesn't have any humanistic features to her personality, then I would consider her as a lunatic. And a lunatic character that doesn't have the background explaining how he/she became a lunatic would degrade this awesome series. So, I expect for Five's reasons to continue her games with Nine and Twelve to be explained in future episodes.
Aug 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one that thinks Five's character design is a bit... weird? Her head looks deformed :o
Aug 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2011
Chess huh reminds me of NGNL.
Oh and Five is a badass Nine and Twelve have to step their game up now.
Aug 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
HOw this can even get better
Aug 14, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
Well so far 5 is a karma houdini and arrogant as fuck so I guess she's a good villain because I despise her.
Now I'm curious how will they develop her and how will Lisa fuck up
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Aug 14, 2014 11:31 AM
Jun 2009
Yoko kanno is so good
I don't care how the show turns out, I am happy I get to hear more music from her
Aug 14, 2014 11:35 AM
Mar 2011
And? What is this show about? For some reason this doesn't make me want to know what we don't know yet... So yeah, from the beginning, it was never a good show, but now it's just getting worse.
Aug 14, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
skudoops said:

Additionalyl I didn't understand was what was the point in playing this "game". Why not just go and capture them? Also who the hell would allow the US government to blow up one of their airports? That is dumb on so many levels and not to mention would cause huge international uproar if the information leaked. I'm also surprised that no one even questioned the fact that the message for the bomb was delivered in an utterly non characteristic fashion i.e via text rather than a video with the two of them like it was before.

How did you not understand? The episode specifically tells you that the "game" was a smart move and a brilliant trap by Five to expose Nine and Twelve. If Nine and Twelve don't do anything about the theoretical bomb, they'll become infamous as the terrorists whose only aim is to kill people. At the same time, if they try to make a video of themselves saying that it's "not them" that sent the text, most likely the public won't believe it. So their only option is to go and defuse the bomb before thousands of people die, because Nine and Twelve's intention with the bombings were to send a message and not to increase unnecessary casualties.

As for letting the US government bomb one of their airports, the US government can make a stronger case for doing so in order to prevent further terrorist attacks. The Japanese police force, as Five mocks, have no evidence or even the slightest trace of Nine and Twelve, so they don't have much say in this matter because they literally can't do shit. Five, on the other hand, embarrasses the Japanese police force by not only identifying the terrorists but garnering enough evidence to find out how to stop them. Five has found a way to 1) enjoy her game, 2) but also save Japan from further terrorist attacks. Five also never mentioned if there really was a bomb or not, so we're not sure if there even will be an airport bombing.

Why not just arrest them? Because this "game" is probably Five's best move to catch Nine and Twelve, simple as that. If it was so simple to arrest Nine and Twelve they already would have been caught.
pakokoAug 14, 2014 11:42 AM
Aug 14, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 2012
Loved the episode and for once pissed at a cliffhanger, left me high and dry.

And I'm getting real sick and tired of people saying what's the plot of this show. Like I said for the past episodes, this is a Watanabe production, he's leaving it for the last few episodes like all his shows he either made or directed. You people can't just enjoy what's going on and uses a nitpick to ruin the wholesomeness of the show. Not everything is perfect. And too much perfect becomes a failure. Like NGNL.

Anyways, I'm astounded by the fact Five would go lengths to bomb and ruin everything. However, in American fashion, I think she doesn't give two shits and could be said about America. We'll solve the problems...take quite the time to do it or assist in the collateral damage. A reflection of the country perhaps? American can also be seen as playing games all the time and never take things seriously. OR 9/11, where afterwards, the chances of terrorists attacks ended swiftly and worked hard to end the attack on their homeland and not help others in the same point.

Oh, and how does the police know it's America who's placing the bomb? Only the grand higher ups know and they aren't working in the force. I believe of this to be a crooked organization and once interference of another country comes in, their powers are minimized and in the hands of someone else helping.

I'm praying this is a two part episode and keep going. Don't want the rest of the show taking place in this airport or we gonna have a problem. Two episodes please, maybe three if this is a tricky situation. But we're heading to the seventh episode very fast and need something of a resolution soon.
Aug 14, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
OMG I can't hear the english dialogues ahahah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2009
caesar cipher ! glad to see one of the things I'm studying appear in anime XD

at first the police were in Nine and Twelve's hands. but now they're completely in Five's. I'm starting to hate Five even more now even though she's really interesting (but a bit psycho) lol...

can't wait to see how the games will be played. and hopefully they'll find the bomb and diffuse it before it blows.
"A man is not his length or his speed. It is how many rounds he can fight." - Gintama
Aug 14, 2014 11:54 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lisa is finally getting involved too. At the moment she's not doing much, but since she has been referred to as the queen, pretty much the most powerful piece on the chessboard, she must be important. I look forward to seeing her role in this.

Shibazaki feels like the message isn't from Sphinx, and no one really cares. I would kind of be skeptical too because the previous messages, Sphinx has always used the video announcements and not through text messages.
Aug 14, 2014 11:57 AM
Oct 2012
I'm still gonna say the whole atmosphere and the art was gorgeous. No game No Life has nothing no this in a realistic world. All it had was vibrant colors, nothing else.

This is on a higher degree, the flock of feathers rising up and away from Twelve on the Laundry was beautiful.

I'm waiting till later when Noitamina released the PV for episode 7.
Aug 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
23 min? felt like 5-10 ;_; - why does everything in this anime have to be so interesting, that I lose my sense of time. This summer vacation makes the weekdays pass by so slow, that i feel like i'm being resurrected once a new episode arrives.
Aug 14, 2014 12:01 PM
Oct 2012
CandyFace said:
23 min? felt like 5-10 ;_; - why does everything in this anime have to be so interesting, that I lose my sense of time. This summer vacation makes the weekdays pass by so slow, that i feel like i'm being resurrected once a new episode arrives.

Yo!

I was watching this and felt like I had gotten to the halfway point and once they said let's play the game and showed the to be continued, I felt horrible, like come on, not NOW!
Aug 14, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Five looks like a crazy person.
But she's more concerned about playing with them than catching them.
Aug 14, 2014 12:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Good follow up episode....And we learn more about 5's personality....I like the fact that she was crazy even as a child xD She's freaking awesome...Keep this up and she'll be my favorite character lol

I'm also happy that Lisa is finally going to do something....And her and 12's scene's are pretty cute

Things looks like it's about to get serious and I can't wait to see the chess game play out as well as L's involvement in this whole thing
TokoyaAug 14, 2014 12:21 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:08 PM
Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
I'm still gonna say the whole atmosphere and the art was gorgeous. No game No Life has nothing no this in a realistic world. All it had was vibrant colors, nothing else.

This is on a higher degree, the flock of feathers rising up and away from Twelve on the Laundry was beautiful.

I'm waiting till later when Noitamina released the PV for episode 7.

That scene is awesome, lisa entered play with them, let's see what happens with it

Moments of Lisa and Twelve are very beautiful xD
Aug 14, 2014 12:10 PM
Oct 2012
I like the chess reference cause I think Nine and Twleve can be seen rooks and bishops. Maybe even the castle.

But the Qeen, the one with the power is Lisa cause they aren't looking for her and be the key to screwing up the plan of Five, or even nine and Twelve.

Speaking of Lisa, I LOVED the backbone she showed. She wished to feel useful and not be someone in the way. At first she was scared but now isn't going to take no for an answer. Doing much more work than some anime bitch who is told no and looks defeated. She can handle herself. I'm loving it. Now we must wait a week,
Aug 14, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
Five's Engrish is incredible.
Aug 14, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2014
Interesting idea turning the airport into a chess board. Finally looks like Lisa is doing something useful for the group. Also, Five singing London bridge is falling down after the train explosion was kinda unnerving.
Aug 14, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
I like the chess reference cause I think Nine and Twleve can be seen rooks and bishops. Maybe even the castle.

But the Qeen, the one with the power is Lisa cause they aren't looking for her and be the key to screwing up the plan of Five, or even nine and Twelve.

Speaking of Lisa, I LOVED the backbone she showed. She wished to feel useful and not be someone in the way. At first she was scared but now isn't going to take no for an answer. Doing much more work than some anime bitch who is told no and looks defeated. She can handle herself. I'm loving it. Now we must wait a week,

I'm pretty sure you know already, but remember when Nine was like "You should have sacrificed your queen" while playing chess with Twelve? I hope Nine and Twelve don't literally sacrifice their queen to outwit Five, but just "use" her smartly. If they literally sacrifice her... damn Imma need a moment... Hopefully that won't happen, right?
Aug 14, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
Aug 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
AMERICA FUCK YEAH! .. that Engrish was absolutely terrible though; you'd think that, for a show like this, they could have at least cast some decent English speakers. I get that Five might not be fluent (although she is in the FBI) but the others are Americans. Also, when she was singing Five's English was much better.

Speaking of Five, she's definitely crazy... but good crazy. Those eyes when she saw Nine's face.

I'm really want to watch the next episode. Lisa finally gets to do something. I'm hoping she'll turn out to be a natural :-P. She really showed some guts this episode so I'm exciting to see where this is going.
Aug 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
Why do the major creepers of every anime always sing London Bridges? o-o
mm.. the "engrish" in this episode was bad compared to last week.
5. wow. you get some major points for being so crafty here. Setting up the perfect lose-lose situation for 9 & 12. And 5's hair style.... reminds me of another anime character but I cant put my finger on it...
omggg a chess game in an airport that they have to keep track of entirely in their head... "to be continued" NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! this shouldve been a 1hr special.
Well I guess the point assignment for this bomb is still pending for the next episode...
Dont like how the FBI is butting their way into the investigation. typical americans.
Aug 14, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
R4vel said:
Wonder why she cares more about nine, would that mean twelve is inferior?
I think there could be some kind of connection. People said that Nine looks like Lisa and Lisa looks like Five. And it seems that way, Twelve doesn't really go against Nine. Perhaps at last we will be able to separate Twelve and Nine, because now it seems almost nothing is different: they same the same past, the same goal, work together...
Aug 14, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Why do the major creepers of every anime always sing London Bridges? o-o

park425 said:
Stark700 said:

Good catch. Also, Five was singing "London bridge is falling down" shortly after they recapped the bomb.

Because this.
Aug 14, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
pakoko said:
I'm pretty sure you know already, but remember when Nine was like "You should have sacrificed your queen" while playing chess with Twelve? I hope Nine and Twelve don't literally sacrifice their queen to outwit Five, but just "use" her smartly. If they literally sacrifice her... damn Imma need a moment... Hopefully that won't happen, right?

Perhaps sacrificing the queen means Lisa will get stuck in a rut of some sort, Nine and Twelve ought to let her face the consequences of it, but go out of their way (sacrifice themselves) to save her.
Aug 14, 2014 12:48 PM
Jan 2014
R4vel said:

She doesn't care more about him, I'd say she cares about both of them equally. She just wants to be able to have a good relationship with the both of them. That's why shes jealous of twelve, because he's able to have a good relationship with someone that is pretty cold. She want's to be able to live there knowing that the both of them are ok with it but as long as Nine disapproves of her living there she will always feel like she could be abandoned/killed at any time.
Burgerboner69Aug 14, 2014 12:54 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
Burgerboner69 said:
R4vel said:

She doesn't care more about him, I'd say she cares about both of them equally. She just wants to be able to have a good relationship with the both of them. That's why shes jealous of twelve, she want's to be able to live there knowing that the both of them are ok with it. As long as Nine disapproves of her living there she will always feel like she could be abandoned at any time.

Pretty sure R4vel was talking about Five. She seems focused on Nine and Nine only.
Aug 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2013
Kay3a said:
pakoko said:

Perhaps sacrificing the queen means Lisa will get stuck in a rut of some sort, Nine and Twelve ought to let her face the consequences of it, but go out of their way (sacrifice themselves) to save her.

I agree. Actually, rather than Nine and Twelve sacrificing themselves, I'd also like to think that Shibasaki will sacrifice himself first (if he really is her father) to save Lisa. Can't wait to see what actually happens.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.