Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
-Resident- said:
I hope people don't get the wrong impression that Ryouko and Kusaba's deaths were meant to be tear inducing. And how their characters weren't very developed prior to their deaths..
It was obvious the show wasn't even trying to do that; we didn't have several flashbacks thrown on screen and we didn't see their last moments and thoughts in super slow motion to try an make us sad.

Kaneki finally got his mask. It looks cool. The pace is still really fast though, and there are a lot of things that feel like they could use some more focus.
Well, it was pretty entertaining I guess 4/5
BotatoAug 15, 2014 10:33 AM
Aug 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
3/5 for this episode.

Everything feels so rushed and even strange re-ordering the story arcs. If the Dove arc ends in the next episode, i wonder what they will do with Aogiri arc in 4 episodes :/
Aug 15, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
The whole pacing problem is because they didn't expect the anime to be this well received, this isn't SNK or SAO, the anime was a gamble and now they're correcting the pacing because it's popular.

Man, if that old dude is that powerful beating Touka low difficlty, the top investigators are gonna be beastly :O
Aug 15, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
This anime went from underwhelming to bad with this episode. Why It was bad enough that Hinami led her mother to her death. Then Kaneki take her right back to the scene to which puts both of them in danger to watch her mother die? The flaws are glaring.
Aug 15, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
The first episode had me very hyped but everything after that turned out rather underwhelming. I didn't find the death of Hinami's mother to be that impactful, especially when compared to the manga, the anime failed to induce the sense of alarm I felt when I first read that part. They better do the manga series justice for the Aogiri Tree Arc.
Aug 15, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
Hopefully next episode we're gonna see Kaneki in action ... Maybe?
Touka being waifu material as always. Also, the milf scene was quite depressing.

I've noticed how Amon is well charactized, I wonder if he will play a major role afterward or just die a painful death?
Aug 15, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
kingsheep812 said:
How useless Kaneki was really pisses me off. No offense. Man... can't wait to see the doves die. Hope Kaneki isn't so much of a weakling next episode. Seriously he needs to man up. Grab Touka-chan and embrace her like a man. Then let the romance begin. Or something like that.

Hahaha, but weak characters like that usually get the most character development. Like Armin from SnK, Hope from FFXIII, or Kanzaki Nao from Liar Game. Although, there are characters that just end up a wimp the entire show like Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki. But I'm willing to bet that Kaneki ends up the in the former group.
Aug 15, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2012
slovak125 said:
Lyrisia said:
And here goes the whole spiral of vengeance... can't really be helped though... if only humans understood ghouls better...

It hasn't been shown, but lots of ghouls kill and feed on people like they are just a food and that's where it starts, whole chain of hatred. Those liitle kids that were shown were orphans that had their parents killed by ghouls. They are sheltered by CCG and then most of them become ghoul investigators in the future.

Anyway, I have been really enjoying last 3 episodes. I don't mind anymore that it doesn't follow manga properly. Rising rating from 4 to 7.

BTW That artwork in the end was beautiful + that music <3.

Yes I know >< that's why I say it can't be helped :(
But there are still innocent ghouls involved :( reminds me a bit of Shiki where you wonder who were really wrong in the end...

Anyway that sure is a big jump from 4 to 7 oO
Aug 15, 2014 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
SleepyBear said:
Why the heck did the colors go negative for a second when Touka asked "is she safe", there's not even anything to censor there @_@
That was an accident by the groups fault since a censor was there last episode at the same time frame.
Aug 15, 2014 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
Shit is about to get real.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 15, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Kamima said:
This anime went from underwhelming to bad with this episode. Why It was bad enough that Hinami led her mother to her death. Then Kaneki take her right back to the scene to which puts both of them in danger to watch her mother die? The flaws are glaring.

She didn't see it, though. Kaneki, at the very least, made sure to cover Hinami's eyes. Suffice to say, his inability to do anything in this situation is very important to his character development. And, also, Hinami doesn't lead her mother to the Doves in the manga. She actually senses them first and they try to go in a different direction, I believe.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Mmm, Pierrot leaves much to be desired with their pacing of this anime. Madhouse should have adapted this anime, it's not like they're doing anything good this season.
Aug 15, 2014 5:48 PM
Nov 2013
Damn you Pierrot.
What a Bad-Ass mask!!
Aug 15, 2014 6:25 PM
Nov 2010
Botato said:
-Resident- said:
I hope people don't get the wrong impression that Ryouko and Kusaba's deaths were meant to be tear inducing. And how their characters weren't very developed prior to their deaths..
It was obvious the show wasn't even trying to do that; we didn't have several flashbacks thrown on screen and we didn't see their last moments and thoughts in super slow motion to try an make us sad.

Kaneki finally got his mask. It looks cool. The pace is still really fast though, and there are a lot of things that feel like they could use some more focus.
Well, it was pretty entertaining I guess 4/5

Well her dad never had a face, but most of the sadness came out of Hinami's mother. The look she gave when she saw Mado pull out her husbands kagune and that look she gave when he was about to strike her down got me.
Aug 15, 2014 6:33 PM

May 2012
00:46 yayy MILF's still alive

11:04 bunnywoman

5.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 15, 2014 8:29 PM
Aug 2010
What chapter did episode 7 end at in the manga?
♥/l
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
~~Nyaa~~
Aug 15, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2009
Pandanoid said:

Chapter 1.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 15, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2014
Pandanoid said:

They're doing like ~ 7 chap each episode lol.
Aug 15, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
Sigh...this means only 4 episodes for Aogiri Tree arc. ;_;
Aug 15, 2014 11:34 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, very fast pace.
The fight scene was pretty good.
Aug 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Jul 2009
Love this episode :)

Touka is definitely getting frustrated with the death of Ryouko-san.

So i wasn't surprise that she would take revenge immediately and killed one of the investigators.

Mado seems to be strong and knows a lot about Ghouls.

Amon is buffed as hell, guess this is how he survived as a normal human.

Finally their using the mask!!!! This is the sole reason why i started watching this show in the first place.

Too bad we're almost done. They really fucked up the series by skipping a lot of details and so.

Now i don't if this will have a Season 2 unless they remake this again with proper adaptation this time around.

Oh well, i can't wait for the more badass version of Kaneki. Getting tired of his uselessness these past episodes.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 16, 2014 12:41 AM
Oct 2012
You know, I thought it was more gruesome seeing all that blood dripping from where her head should've been more than seeing her head get chopped off.
I likes the fight between Mado and Touka, the colors were awesome. But her mask came off as creepier in the manga to me.
There wasn't anything Kaneki could've done in that situation with Ryouko.
Aug 16, 2014 3:24 AM
Apr 2014
A off topic question,
Is any anime character like Touka D:?

I LOVE HER PERSONALITY Q.Q
Aug 16, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2012
Touka is badasa. She my favorite character in this show
Aug 16, 2014 4:06 AM

Jun 2011
Puuh, the bloody fights begin...Poor Hinami, what a tragedy that she and her mother meet their enemies..I hope, Touka-chan will beat the inspectors to the hell, and what about Kaneki-kun? A fearful mask we have seen at the end, i hope the rest of the episodes will be good.
Aug 16, 2014 4:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Decent ep.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2014 5:30 AM

Nov 2013
supervamp78 said:
Well her dad never had a face, but most of the sadness came out of Hinami's mother. The look she gave when she saw Mado pull out her husbands kagune and that look she gave when he was about to strike her down got me.
Well, okay sure. What I was trying to say though is that the show wasn't trying to make us feel sad. So if you didn't feel sad it's not something to hold against the show. That's all.

insan3Spectre said:
Kamima said:

She didn't see it, though. Kaneki, at the very least, made sure to cover Hinami's eyes. Suffice to say, his inability to do anything in this situation is very important to his character development. And, also, Hinami doesn't lead her mother to the Doves in the manga. She actually senses them first and they try to go in a different direction, I believe.
They don't really count as flaws imo. But well said. Though as a manga reader what do you think of the change they did with how they encounter the doves?
Aug 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
I feel sorry for Himani hopefully she can move on from this.I wonder what Touka is planning to do with Kaneki. And I really hope Amon can change the way his corporation works.
Aug 16, 2014 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
The anime is really good when there isn't any obnoxious censoring. Can't wait for the next fight. Also I was wondering what the art at the end is from it looks really good :O
Aug 16, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode, I feel really sorry for Hinami, first she looses her mother, then her father that she's no aware of...
Aug 16, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
This episode brought back the feels ,poor Hinami
Wonder why they didn't show the mothers death .
And they made minor changes but ok
The fight with Mado and Touka was awesome
But when I saw that mask of Kaneki I was filled with joy !
Wohoooo Kaneki in action next episode
Aug 16, 2014 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
Botato said:
They don't really count as flaws imo. But well said. Though as a manga reader what do you think of the change they did with how they encounter the doves?

I don't see it as a flaw, either. That's why I replied to that user in the first place, it's pretty clear to me, and this was even true when I first read this in the manga, that this was a pretty important moment for Kaneki. It's especially powerful there, I think, because this was his first major conflict since joining Anteiku as in the manga this happened before his ordeal with Tsukiyama.

I don't like the change, tbh. Hinami's extra strong ability to sense things is somewhat important, it will be used in the future, and her sensing the doves in the manga was one of the first displays of this talent. Though I guess her sensing her father is kind of the same, it also makes her look like a bit of an idiot imo. It just feels like an unnecessary change to me, when I get down to it. Like they are trying too hard to play up the drama. At least that is how I see it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode,but nothing special happened.

Aug 16, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was a tad disappointing. I mean all the feels and stuff. . . but uh. . . Maybe the next episode would be better.

And that ending mask tho, dammit Uta, your jokes ain't funny xD
Aug 16, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Maerow said:
Finally some development for Kaneki-kun !

Dat mask.. finally ! Can't wait until next ep.

oh just you wait man....
Aug 16, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
And finally Kaneki wears his mask !! yay
Aug 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
I was really starting to like Touka, but her hunting down the "doves" (still not quite sure what that means exactly) and killing that dude at random lowered my opinion of her. It was just a really generic and expected reaction.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 16, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2014

Kyaaa spoilers!
NeutralSideAug 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
I was really starting to like Touka, but her hunting down the "doves" (still not quite sure what that means exactly) and killing that dude at random lowered my opinion of her. It was just a really generic and expected reaction.

^Right? I feel like some people just watched it and were like yeahhh she's just avenging someone and yeahhh whatever that's okay.
Yeahh she can just go off and do stuff like this because it's perfectly acceptable and her characters just like that.

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Touka as a character? Rather, I felt indifferent about it towards the beginning, but I'm on the edge of..changing that opinion. Oh lord someone sound the door of raging fans to open. She gives me around the same impression I had of Mikasa from AoT and god knows how many fans Mikasa AND Touka have.

They're both Stoic, silent/cold but gentle and full of compassion for a few selected people. They have extraordinary fighting capabilities.
They fight with the purpose to protect. They really aren't completely independent as they survive with the cooperation of others.

But you know what really bothers me about this kind of character? Its because of her personality and nature that her selfish actions
(while with good intentions) end up hurting others. She rashly act in situations that can and doesn't really weigh the consequences at all.
Lets anger control them which completely wipes out all rationale. Yoshimura-san mentioned something about how she is also trying to pursue revenge. Lets carry out and repeat this whole good and evil theme represented in what I would say one of the most annoying fashions. Revenge.

They have one goal, and they will blindly race towards it. Really? Even her power suggests that she rushes into things (cough cough high speed) and something tells me the shit is about to hit the fan because oh wow would you look at that there she goes. Pursuing the doves. For revenge. I know its her character and some people might not see this as a reason to "dislike" a character. This might sound like a whiny rant, but my opinion of her stands as it is. For now. I know her character still hasn't been fully developed yet.
EarlCielAug 16, 2014 4:39 PM
Aug 16, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
EarlCiel said:
ZaldiuntheGerman said:

^Right? I feel like some people just watched it and were like yeahhh she's just avenging someone and yeahhh whatever that's okay.
Yeahh she can just go off and do stuff like this because it's perfectly acceptable and her characters just like that.

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Touka as a character? Rather, I felt indifferent about it towards the beginning, but I'm on the edge of..changing that opinion. Oh lord someone sound the door of raging fans to open. She gives me around the same impression I had of Mikasa from AoT and god knows how many fans Mikasa AND Touka have.

They're both Stoic, silent/cold but gentle and full of compassion for a few selected people. They have extraordinary fighting capabilities.
They fight with the purpose to protect. They really aren't completely independent as they survive with the cooperation of others.

But you know what really bothers me about this kind of character? Its because of her personality and nature that her selfish actions
(while with good intentions) end up hurting others. She rashly act in situations that can and doesn't really weigh the consequences at all.
Lets anger control them which completely wipes out all rationale. Yoshimura-san mentioned something about how she is also trying to pursue revenge. Lets carry out and repeat this whole good and evil theme represented in what I would say one of the most annoying fashions. Revenge.

They have one goal, and they will blindly race towards it. Really? Even her power suggests that she rushes into things (cough cough high speed) and something tells me the shit is about to hit the fan because oh wow would you look at that there she goes. Pursuing the doves. For revenge. I know its her character and some people might not see this as a reason to "dislike" a character. This might sound like a whiny rant, but my opinion of her stands as it is. For now. I know her character still hasn't been fully developed yet.

Don't worry she cleans herself up and This is probably the only arc that Touka acted Irrational.
Anyway there's a lot of things you would notice about Tokyo ghoul if you read the manga and its really deep if you think about it and the Anime isn't that Great at pointing that out.
Also I probably should mention this but Episode 7 Touka killed that Glasses guy and made a run for it when Mado came and it was too risky.Anime took the liberty of Making touka a hot head in order for mado to explain that her kagune specializes in speed.Making her a person easily swayed by emotions in fights.That wasn't in the manga.
Also this Scene wasn't in episode 7 but Touka and Kaneki pretended to be students and went into the CCG head quarters to spread false information but almost got caught when they had Kaneki go into a Scanner if he is a ghoul.The scanner can't detect Kaneki being a ghoul because he's a half human.

NeutralSideAug 16, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 16, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
Touka didn't win. That creepy old dude sure knows what he's doing.
Aug 16, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2014
Exceptional? Lol Touka currently isn't strong in the overall picture nor can you say she's stoic like Mikasa because she shows a lot more emotion
Aug 16, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2010
^Her capability of defeating strong opponents has been indicated in the series.

The point of me comparing the two characters was that I saw certain parallels. Mikasa shows emotion too.
The two just tend to mask their emotions and present a more stoic appearance. So yes, she appears stoic. At least to me.

@NeutralSide- I'll see. I know that she's genuinely a great person deep down (perhaps at least that's what I assume
or what I hope) but for now she's just meh. Slightly getting on my nerves.

Then again, it really doesn't take much at all to get on my nerves as I am a pretty irritable person.
Thanks for taking the time to clear things up. Wrote my lengthy rant kind of on impulse
Aug 16, 2014 8:41 PM

Apr 2014
EarlCiel said:
^Her capability of defeating strong opponents has been indicated in the series.

The point of me comparing the two characters was that I saw certain parallels. Mikasa shows emotion too.
The two just tend to mask their emotions and present a more stoic appearance. So yes, she appears stoic. At least to me.

@NeutralSide- I'll see. I know that she's genuinely a great person deep down (perhaps at least that's what I assume
or what I hope) but for now she's just meh. Slightly getting on my nerves.

Then again, it really doesn't take much at all to get on my nerves as I am a pretty irritable person.
Thanks for taking the time to clear things up. Wrote my lengthy rant kind of on impulse

Oh but she died.Serve her right.

I'm kidding.

Aug 16, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2012
Mado would actually be a pretty good anti-hero protagonist.
Aug 16, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
nutrrox said:
Definitely one of the best episode so far. Touka seemed much more likeable in this episode. The new ED is also very nice.

btw. Kanekis mask looks bad-ass.

I swear I'm gonna get me a replica of that mask, even if I only get to wear it for Halloween. That design is friggin awesome!

I feel so bad for Hinami, not only did her mother get decapitated, she was there to watch and listen to it all. That's gotta be the worst thing ever!

Touka letting her emotions get the best of her was bad, even if it was justified. I'm kinda glad she killed the glasses dude, was hoping she'd get the other ramen dude too. It's kinda hard to hate the Dove guys completely though, they are doing their job and making their world safe for the humans. It's when crazies like Mado go apeshit over innocents like Ryoko is when I really feel the hate.

That said I wonder what Kaneki can do in all of this. He refuses to kill and yet he wants to help, but how? And I don't get why they couldn't grab some nutty Ghouls off the street who only want to kill humans to help them with Dove? I"m pretty sure not all Ghouls are as sane as the Cafe Manager-san. There's bound to be a couple of powerful crazies that they could have used in their revenge against Mado and Amon.

Regardless, I can't wait to see Kaneki in action! That mask!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 16, 2014 9:28 PM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
nutrrox said:
Definitely one of the best episode so far. Touka seemed much more likeable in this episode. The new ED is also very nice.

btw. Kanekis mask looks bad-ass.

I swear I'm gonna get me a replica of that mask, even if I only get to wear it for Halloween. That design is friggin awesome!

I feel so bad for Hinami, not only did her mother get decapitated, she was there to watch and listen to it all. That's gotta be the worst thing ever!

Touka letting her emotions get the best of her was bad, even if it was justified. I'm kinda glad she killed the glasses dude, was hoping she'd get the other ramen dude too. It's kinda hard to hate the Dove guys completely though, they are doing their job and making their world safe for the humans. It's when crazies like Mado go apeshit over innocents like Ryoko is when I really feel the hate.

That said I wonder what Kaneki can do in all of this. He refuses to kill and yet he wants to help, but how? And I don't get why they couldn't grab some nutty Ghouls off the street who only want to kill humans to help them with Dove? I"m pretty sure not all Ghouls are as sane as the Cafe Manager-san. There's bound to be a couple of powerful crazies that they could have used in their revenge against Mado and Amon.

Regardless, I can't wait to see Kaneki in action! That mask!

This is the thing I said about Tokyo ghoul being deep.
No one has justification of their own actions.Both sides are wrong and You can't blame the ghouls because they can only feed off on Humans its harsh for them and that's why in Episode 2 Touka is Mad at Kaneki that they didn't want to be born that way either and Hate being called monsters.
The humans also don't want to be livestock and they're only trying to protect themselves but They're actions are mostly Questionable and almost Worse than what Ghouls do.
Most of the dangerous ghouls had their own reasons for being that way like Prejudice and being called a monster and CCG killing their parents,etc.
The same thing can be said to the people in CCG they had their reasons.Actually Mado has his own Reason too.His wife got killed by ghouls which isn't a spoiler because they would mention it in Episode 8
Then Episode 7 is Both sides wanting Revenge on the other,The CCG annihilated one of the Innocent ghouls and in turn want Revenge and killed one of the CCG personnel and Now want an Endless cycle of revenge.

You can even Say that Amon represents the Human side and Kaneki represents a New side of being a Half ghoul and Half human which would make sense in Episode 8.

Aug 16, 2014 9:50 PM

Feb 2010
^ Makes you question morality.

This is giving me the kind of Susei no Gargantia feel. Both sides misunderstand one another and go at each other like they cannot peacefully co-exist.In some sense...there may be a possible way. I'm not saying there's one solution for sure but there's war for you. On-going until a compromise or outcome is reached.

Either both sides annihilate one another, one side "wins", or a solution is reached and a "balance" is created where you eliminate the ruthless on either sides. Somehow I get this feeling that picturing ghouls and humans skipping towards the sunset hand-in-hand doesn't seem like a realistic image to me and probabblllyyyyy won't happen.

Oh well. Who knows.
Aug 16, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2014
All I can say is that I hope the studio redeems themselves with Aogiri arc.
Aug 16, 2014 11:56 PM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
All I can say is that I hope the studio redeems themselves with Aogiri arc.

Not at the rate they're going.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.