Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Aug 13, 2014 1:15 PM
News Team
Getting Spooky

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2980
Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

Here are the weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for August 4th - 10th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1. 852,757 852,757 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
*2. 590,750 619,243 Naruto Vol.70
*3. 441,563 443,458 Haikyuu!! Vol.12
*4. 247,256 247,776 Nisekoi Vol.13
*5. 211,619 212,423 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.11
*6. 158,342 158,342 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14 Limited Edition
*7. 151,494 151,968 New Prince of Tennis Vol.13
*8. 113,933 113,933 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2 Special Edition
*9. 105,198 105,198 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2
10. 103,119 103,119 Kangoku Gakuen Vol.14

11. *88,269 *88,269 Yowamushi Pedal Vol.35
12. *81,450 *81,450 Ookami-heika no Hanayome Vol.11
13. *72,032 *72,445 Tegami Bachi Vol.18
14. *68,359 *68,359 Minami-ke Vol.12
15. *61,997 *61,997 Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall Vol.3
16. *61,344 *61,538 Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane Vol.5
17. *58,541 *58,541 Yume no Shizuku Kin no Torikago Vol.5
18. *45,443 *45,443 THE iDOLM@STER Vol.3 Special Edition
19. *44,857 *45,390 Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Vol.191
20. *44,672 *44,672 GTO: Paradise Lost Vol.1

21. *44,259 261,716 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Vol.10
22. *43,685 158,042 Youkai Watch Vol.4
23. *43,582 *43,582 Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou Vol.5
24. *42,684 250,650 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.13
25. *41,553 *75,187 Bungou Stray Dogs Vol.5
26. *40,499 *40,499 Baki-Dou Vol.2
27. *40,380 *40,380 Soul Catcher(S) Vol.6
28. *38,803 *38,803 Illegal Rare Vol.2
29. *38,357 358,515 Vagabond Vol.37
30. *38,024 *38,024 Yuru Yuri Vol.12 Special Edition

31. *36,584 484,318 Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Vol.22
32. *35,805 *35,805 Oomuro-ke Vol.2 Special Edition
33. *34,036 *34,036 Kiss x Sis Vol.13
34. *33,588 *33,588 Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.7
35. *33,530 276,258 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Vol.5
36. *31,534 100,766 Junjou Romantica Vol.18
37. *29,874 433,683 Fairy Tail Vol.44
38. *27,723 *27,723 Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Comic a la Carte: Maizuru Chinjufu-hen Vol.5
39. *27,674 348,818 Inu x Boku SS Vol.11
40. *27,316 625,409 Haikyuu!! Vol.11

41. *27,193 251,933 Giant Killing Vol.32
42. *26,545 *26,545 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Vol.6
43. *25,400 *25,400 Sungeki no Kyojin Vol.1
44. *25,074 139,951 Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsurai!! Vol.7
45. *24,546 408,970 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.12
46. *24,303 149,091 Hibi Chouchou Vol.8
47. *24,181 517,236 Youkai Watch Vol.1
48. *23,432 356,563 Detective Conan Vol.84
49. *22,761 153,266 Tonari no Seki-kun Vol.6
50. *22,724 *90,041 Nietzsche-sensei - Konbini ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita Vol.2


Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1. 83,763 *83,763 Sword Art Online Vol.15
*2. 30,695 *30,695 Tenshi-tachi no Kagai Katsudou Vol.4
*3. 13,539 *41,928 Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou desu yo? Vol.11
*4. 12,830 *19,411 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Koro-tan
*5. 10,233 *10,233 Seiken Tsukai no World Break Vol.8
*6. *8,744 *64,059 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.6.5
*7. *8,574 **8,574 Durarara!! Gaiden!?
*8. *8,078 **8,078 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Vol.5
*9. *7,830 *47,969 Kaiketsu Zorori Series Vol.55
10. *7,635 *15,205 Noushou Sakuretsu Girl Vol.3

11. *6,806 *15,410 High☆Speed! Vol.2
12. *6,758 447,481 Manga de Wakaru Nanatsu no Shuukan Vol.1
13. *6,264 **6,264 Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A Vol.8
14. *6,129 **6,129 Kanae no Hoshi Vol.1
15. *5,883 *32,006 Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Vol.4
16. *5,713 *28,062 Shuuen no Shiori Vol.4 "Ketsuraku -Re:code-"
17. *5,664 **5,664 Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Vol.1
18. *5,363 118,851 Moribito Series Vol.1 "Seirei no Moribito"


Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Previous Week's Ranking
Modified by Snow, Aug 13, 2014 2:09 PM
 
 
#2
Aug 13, 2014 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12217
Shingeki no kyojin volume 14 came out on the 8th or 9th of this month and it made so much already. O.o If I include the vol 14 limited edition, snk vol 14 basically sold over 1 million copies in 1 to 2 days. insane!

Also happy for snk levi spin off series and also before the fall although my interest is very low with that series.

Prison school and tokyo ghoul is also selling pretty good as well. This week was pretty good overal. XD
Modified by keragamming, Aug 13, 2014 1:30 PM
 
#3
Aug 13, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 391
Im glad they're giving Nisekoi some love...
 
#4
Aug 13, 2014 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
Mondaiji still going strong, i guess.
Modified by Okashi, Aug 13, 2014 1:30 PM
 
#5
Aug 13, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
600K+ in total for first week Naruto. Neat.

Happy for Haikyuu! (a second season is guaranteed :D) and Prison School!

Over 800k for AoT in two days (I wonder if this rate of sales will last, it will probably outsell One Piece in 2014 total sales :o)
 
#6
Aug 13, 2014 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 22553
Snow said:
Manga
*1. 852,757 852,757 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
*3. 441,563 443,458 Haikyuu!! Vol.12
*4. 247,256 247,776 Nisekoi Vol.13
*6. 158,342 158,342 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14 Limited Edition

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1. 83,763 *83,763 Sword Art Online Vol.15
Nice!!
Heh Tokyo Ghoul is almost entirely knocked out of the ranking this week. Can't wait to see how much the next volume well sell.

Noragami not ranking this week </3
 
 
#7
Aug 13, 2014 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 123063
Shingeki, Haikyu and Prison School on the top 10. Awesome. I'm also hoping Yowamushi Pedal makes it up there soon too.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Koro-tan? Ooh.
 
#8
Aug 13, 2014 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 143
Nothing brings more joy to me than seeing Shingeki take over the charts. Sell more and more. I was hoping Real Account would rank :[
Modified by mmrtrg, Aug 13, 2014 2:16 PM
 
#9
Aug 13, 2014 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 202
Snow said:
Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

Here are the weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for August 4th - 10th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga

21. *44,259 261,716 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Vol.10
45. *24,546 408,970 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.12

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books

*3. 13,539 *41,928 Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou desu yo? Vol.11

Previous Week's Ranking


=> http://imgur.com/2QywrzH


Snow said:
Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books

*5. 10,233 *10,233 Seiken Tsukai no World Break Vol.8

Previous Week's Ranking


=> This : visual/aired when ?
 
Aug 13, 2014 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12956
SAO in first, not surprised XD Alicization arc just keeps getting better and better.
 
 
Aug 13, 2014 3:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 889
*3. 441,563 443,458 Haikyuu!! Vol.12
*4. 247,256 247,776 Nisekoi Vol.13
*7. 151,494 151,968 New Prince of Tennis Vol.13
10. 103,119 103,119 Kangoku Gakuen Vol.14
11. *88,269 *88,269 Yowamushi Pedal Vol.35
20. *44,672 *44,672 GTO: Paradise Lost Vol.1
33. *34,036 *34,036 Kiss x Sis Vol.13

Fantastic to these up there. Good sales for Paradise Lost vol 1, I think, never saw what the sales of past GTO series were.

37. *29,874 433,683 Fairy Tail Vol.44

You hang in there Fairy Tail, you deserve so many more sales though.

*1. 83,763 *83,763 Sword Art Online Vol.15
*3. 13,539 *41,928 Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou desu yo? Vol.11
*6. *8,744 *64,059 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.6.5
17. *5,664 **5,664 Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Vol.1

Great to see the above 3 up there, need to start reading Mondaiji at some point. The last one caught my eye because Bunny Girl! Not much I can find on it though.
 
Aug 13, 2014 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6104
Dat Kangoku Gakuen sweg.

Glad to see it up there.
 
Aug 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11982
And Stealth Symphony doesn't even make the charts, bummer.

Nice to see Illegal Rare keep it consistent with a 1k lead over it's debut volume sales, least it aint dropping like the rest of those flies.

Soul Catcher(s) is probably the best selling bimonthly Manga out there because of old weekly publicity I'd imagine. Sales will probably drop considering the pace of volume releases will be less than half, but at least it wont be cancelled.
 
Aug 13, 2014 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1854
Snow said:
*1. 852,757 852,757 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
*2. 590,750 619,243 Naruto Vol.70
*3. 441,563 443,458 Haikyuu!! Vol.12
*4. 247,256 247,776 Nisekoi Vol.13


Pretty nice sales for the tops, Shingeki and Naruto selling as much as always, Nisekoi too and Haikyuu!! it's selling better each new volume.
 
Aug 13, 2014 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 74
Snow said:
Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

Here are the weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for August 4th - 10th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1. 852,757 852,757 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
*2. 590,750 619,243 Naruto Vol.70
*3. 441,563 443,458 Haikyuu!! Vol.12
*4. 247,256 247,776 Nisekoi Vol.13
*5. 211,619 212,423 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.11
*6. 158,342 158,342 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14 Limited Edition
*7. 151,494 151,968 New Prince of Tennis Vol.13
*8. 113,933 113,933 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2 Special Edition
*9. 105,198 105,198 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2
10. 103,119 103,119 Kangoku Gakuen Vol.14


top ten somewhat satisfactory ,,
SNK selling perfectly as always ~
 
 
Aug 13, 2014 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
i really wish tokyo ghoul anime had a better adaption. having read it all recently, it's a pretty kick ass manga. one of the best male MC progressions ever. well, i guess it was kinda *snap* "progress!", but totally justified, i think.
 
Aug 13, 2014 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12217
Kurogashi said:
i really wish tokyo ghoul anime had a better adaption. having read it all recently, it's a pretty kick ass manga. one of the best male MC progressions ever. well, i guess it was kinda *snap* "progress!", but totally justified, i think.


Yea, the anime would've been so much better if it was 25 episodes. And not rushed.
 
Aug 13, 2014 7:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7280
Tegami Bachi :)
 
Aug 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4760
*68,359 *68,359 Minami-ke Vol.12
*38,024 *38,024 Yuru Yuri Vol.12 Special Edition
*35,805 *35,805 Oomuro-ke Vol.2 Special Edition

Brought a smile to my face :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
 
Aug 13, 2014 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4946
Where's akame ga kill?
 
Aug 13, 2014 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12217
sullynathan said:
Where's akame ga kill?


The older volumes are not selling at all. I don't even see them in the top 100 weekly sales. I heard maybe it's because of the time slot in Japan.
 
Aug 13, 2014 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 95
Tokyo Ghoul truly is selling well in Japan! good to know!
 
 
Aug 13, 2014 10:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8897
keragamming said:
sullynathan said:
Where's akame ga kill?


The older volumes are not selling at all. I don't even see them in the top 100 weekly sales. I heard maybe it's because of the time slot in Japan.


Where are you seeing the top 100 weekly sales?
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Aug 13, 2014 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 172
Nisekoi still doing well ^3^ fairy tail is dieing down tho v.v..
 
Aug 13, 2014 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 567
keragamming said:
Kurogashi said:
i really wish tokyo ghoul anime had a better adaption. having read it all recently, it's a pretty kick ass manga. one of the best male MC progressions ever. well, i guess it was kinda *snap* "progress!", but totally justified, i think.


Yea, the anime would've been so much better if it was 25 episodes. And not rushed.


this.
but i think the main sale boom will come when they dont fail with animating the arogiri arc
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
 
 
Aug 13, 2014 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 854
Snow said:

*1. 852,757 852,757 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
*6. 158,342 158,342 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14 Limited Edition
*8. 113,933 113,933 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2 Special Edition
*9. 105,198 105,198 Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku Vol.2
11. *88,269 *88,269 Yowamushi Pedal Vol.35
15. *61,997 *61,997 Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall Vol.3
17. *58,541 *58,541 Yume no Shizuku Kin no Torikago Vol.5
23. *43,582 *43,582 Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou Vol.5
24. *42,684 250,650 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.13
35. *33,530 276,258 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Vol.5
37. *29,874 433,683 Fairy Tail Vol.44
39. *27,674 348,818 Inu x Boku SS Vol.11
43. *25,400 *25,400 Sungeki no Kyojin Vol.1
45. *24,546 408,970 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.12



Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
18. *5,363 118,851 Moribito Series Vol.1 "Seirei no Moribito"


Happy to see them up there :) <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 13, 2014 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 884
I was a bit worried at first but yey the first volume of Sungeki no Kyojin made it on the list! <3

∠( ゚Д゚)/ - I only draw freestyle! -
 
Aug 13, 2014 11:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3041
High Speed!! 2 actually ranked after all this time! I wasn't expecting that.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Aug 13, 2014 11:40 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6981
Fuck me, Shingeki no Kyojin!!
Naruto <3
 
Aug 14, 2014 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 55
People in Japan can't wait for the season 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin and are forced to read the manga instead :P i rather wait a year..


Pico x CoCo x Chico

Onii-chaaan~ 🤍
 
Aug 14, 2014 3:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
Another reason why SnK needs to have sequel.
 
 
Aug 14, 2014 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 86
luffyzero said:
Calm down everyone. My god I just made a simple mistake. Any ways the 1st and 2nd days of a series always is the best it will sell. So come next week snk will probably sell 1.2 million max. I agree the industry should be happy that one piece and snk is selling well, I'm not arguing about that at all. All I was saying is that one piece sells more than snk and that's a fact, no need to attack me on that.

Well you guys should be grateful because if it wasn't for the anime no one wouldn't even know anything about that series. snk wouldn't sell these amount of copies if it wasn't for the anime.

Again, I'm not hating on the series I'm just informing you guys some stuff, because some stuff snk fans says sometimes can be bit ignorant and they should do more research before saying these false information.


I'm a really huge fan of One Piece and enjoy it more than Attack on Titan but this is rather unsightly.

One Piece sells more per volume than AOT. True. But everyone already knows that. So there's no point in bringing that up.

What you seem to have forgotten is that both Oricon and Amazon have reported the sales numbers for the first half of the year and AOT sold more overall than One Piece. That was the big news at the time. We'll wait and see how the series compare at the end of the year, but it'll be close.

And what do you mean no one would have known about it if it didn't get an anime? If you are referring to its explosive popularity, then yes you can thank the anime for that. But it was selling well even before it got an anime. ie. It got an anime BECAUSE people knew about it beforehand. And the same can be said about One Piece to some extent as well in regards to the anime contributing to its manga sales.

So stop trying to take some imaginary higher ground by claiming you are only stating facts when even you aren't doing your research properly.
 
Aug 14, 2014 3:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
luffyzero said:
Attack on titan isn't even selling 1 million copies anymore. I guess people are finally jumping off the hype train. While one piece is consistantly making 2.5+ million. Those are what we call true fans and not badnwaganers. I'm not hating just saying what i am seeing.

Lol, I feel embarrassed for you, for some many things wrong in this post.


Jaraluc said:
People in Japan can't wait for the season 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin and are forced to read the manga instead :P i rather wait a year..

Not really. The manga is more popular than the anime. The manga medium in general is more popular than anime.
 
Aug 14, 2014 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3948
Snow said:
Japan's Weekly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for Aug 4 - 10

Here are the weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for August 4th - 10th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

...
17. *5,664 **5,664 Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Vol.1
...

This is wrong. It is actually volume 2 and it is not Bunny Sempai this time, it is the Puchi Devil Kohai:
47 ** **1 **5,664 **5,664 14/08/09 ***2 Seishun Buta Yarou wa Puchi Devil Kouhai no Yume o Minai (青春ブタ野郎はプチデビル後輩の夢を見ない)
 
Aug 14, 2014 5:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
Come on, Magi. Reach that 500k mark already.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Aug 14, 2014 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 481
luffyzero said:
Calm down everyone. My god I just made a simple mistake. Any ways the 1st and 2nd days of a series always is the best it will sell. So come next week snk will probably sell 1.2 million max. I agree the industry should be happy that one piece and snk is selling well, I'm not arguing about that at all. All I was saying is that one piece sells more than snk and that's a fact, no need to attack me on that.

Well you guys should be grateful because if it wasn't for the anime no one wouldn't even know anything about that series. snk wouldn't sell these amount of copies if it wasn't for the anime.

Again, I'm not hating on the series I'm just informing you guys some stuff, because some stuff snk fans says sometimes can be bit ignorant and they should do more research before saying these false information.


funny to see how you are failing post after post.. :D
 
Aug 14, 2014 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 106
Haikyuu!! and Yowapeda. ;;v;;
 
Aug 14, 2014 7:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 611
no akame ga kill T.T
 
 
Aug 14, 2014 7:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3041
Gal3riel said:
no akame ga kill T.T


This has been said before, but the previous volume of Akame ga Kill was released some time back. So its quite natural that it doesn't rank now. Besides, it has only sold about 50k total per volume so far anyway.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Aug 14, 2014 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
phoenixalia said:
Gal3riel said:
no akame ga kill T.T


This has been said before, but the previous volume of Akame ga Kill was released some time back. So its quite natural that it doesn't rank now. Besides, it has only sold about 50k total per volume so far anyway.

What about the anime boost?
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3041
tsudecimo said:
phoenixalia said:


This has been said before, but the previous volume of Akame ga Kill was released some time back. So its quite natural that it doesn't rank now. Besides, it has only sold about 50k total per volume so far anyway.

What about the anime boost?


Anime boost? You mean something like what happened to Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyuu!!, Nozaki-kun and the like? Not every manga is going to get such good boosts like they did. Not to mention those anime were selling much better than Akame ga Kill even before their anime.

This doesn't mean Akame didn't get a boost. It could be getting a boost but because of the high thresholds of the manga chart, we're not seeing it. A recent example is Isshuukan Friends. Was selling worse than Akame ga Kill, wasn't even ranking on the chart, but after the anime, the next volume, volume 7 got 120k sales. So just because previous volumes don't appear, it doesn't mean Akame didn't get a boost. At the same time, there is no guarantee that Akame will get a boost like Isshuukan.

Wait till the next volume of Akame ga Kill comes out.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 117
tsudecimo said:
phoenixalia said:


This has been said before, but the previous volume of Akame ga Kill was released some time back. So its quite natural that it doesn't rank now. Besides, it has only sold about 50k total per volume so far anyway.

What about the anime boost?

The new volume will come in Nov. probably,so we need to wait when it comes and can actually see the boost from anime.
Also about old volumes.May be they get boosted,but didn't high enough to appear in the ranking
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
Yeah I already know that Agk isn't popular in sales. But I thought it would a boost enough to appear in the low rankings of the list.

I also saw that tweet about it having a million something reprints?

old tweet here:
https://twitter.com/akame_tv/
Modified by tsudecimo, Aug 14, 2014 8:20 AM
 
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 611
phoenixalia said:
tsudecimo said:

What about the anime boost?


Anime boost? You mean something like what happened to Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyuu!!, Nozaki-kun and the like? Not every manga is going to get such good boosts like they did. Not to mention those anime were selling much better than Akame ga Kill even before their anime.

This doesn't mean Akame didn't get a boost. It could be getting a boost but because of the high thresholds of the manga chart, we're not seeing it. A recent example is Isshuukan Friends. Was selling worse than Akame ga Kill, wasn't even ranking on the chart, but after the anime, the next volume, volume 7 got 120k sales. So just because previous volumes don't appear, it doesn't mean Akame didn't get a boost. At the same time, there is no guarantee that Akame will get a boost like Isshuukan.

Wait till the next volume of Akame ga Kill comes out.
i remember that it was said before thanks for reminding me :)
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
orithyea said:
tsudecimo said:
Yeah I already know that Agk isn't popular in sales. But I thought it would a boost enough to appear in the low rankings of the list.

I also saw that tweet about it having a million something reprints?

old tweet here:
https://twitter.com/akame_tv/
I can't find the specific tweet. Mind pointing it out? Was expecting it to at least reach the lower ranks, too, given its...edginess.

I got the twitter link from this misinforming thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1222617
 
Aug 14, 2014 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
Found it.

https://twitter.com/akame_tv/status/487123068251144192

Google translate says Snook comics?
 
Aug 14, 2014 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24362
I see, thanks for clearing it up.
 
Aug 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10797
Huh, SAO 15 is out.
illiara said:
Another reason why SnK needs to have sequel.

It's getting one.
tsudecimo said:

Not really. The manga is more popular than the anime. The manga medium in general is more popular than anime.

Well, for an official sales list, probably because anime is pretty expensive in Japan.
 
Aug 14, 2014 9:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 551
I see Tokyo Ghoul Vol 12 is selling great. Man I really want a english release of Tokyo Ghoul's manga. Them manga covers look beautiful.
 
 
Aug 14, 2014 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27
YAY So glad for Snk's new volume!
Whee Oregairu still ranking~ Wait what is Drrr Gaiden!? ? The description in MAL says they were shorts that came with the dvd back when the anime was released, is this a compilation of those shorts?
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »