Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Do you think there should be a Second Season?

Aug 13, 2015 12:37 AM
Maybe a movie if not a second season.

Aug 15, 2015 2:12 AM
hmm but if they are making more volumes its possible for a new season

Aug 15, 2015 11:48 AM

well yeah the last episode eas lacking but second season will great too. it will be much better than OVA
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Aug 16, 2015 7:50 AM
i think they should make at least a 12 episode season if not 20+ (considering how hard it is to come up with new ideas for mysterys)

Aug 17, 2015 8:44 PM
I don't really think this anime will get a season two, I'm not really sure how long it's been sense the anime came out but If there was going to be a season two would they of told us by now? I really hope I'm wrong and there is going to be a season two. This anime may have been boring to some people but in my opinion, I think it was a great anime being that it was pretty much just a slice of life. No comedy ( that I saw) no real romance,nothing of the sort. ( Reminder that I have no idea what actual genera this was ;P )

Aug 19, 2015 2:04 AM
well lets look at another anime called accel world, it was made at the same time like hyouka and they said there will be a second season, witch is still on holed. the chances for a seconed season for hyouka are higher now that they are making new volumes and the fact that they made 5 volumes and animeted only 4 of them. so i think a new season will come at about... 2016
Modified by TheDxGuy, Aug 20, 2015 2:54 AM

Sep 6, 2015 12:28 PM
Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.

u are boring

Sep 7, 2015 12:24 AM
Personally , I don't think there's any need for second season.. The story is fine as it is.. OVA will always be welcomed though

Sep 11, 2015 2:30 PM
"I'm Curious" please make a season Know I'm begging you

Sep 11, 2015 2:34 PM

The better question is: Will there ever be a dub?

Sep 19, 2015 2:57 AM

Yeah, I would really be happy if they'd make 2nd season. Even when part of it is filler. If they'd make some good mysteries then why not? :D

Sep 26, 2015 1:02 PM
well i still think there will be a second season because of the unfinished ending and more volumes in process, but there are still some animes with endings like that too which can never get a 2nd season, remember mirai nikki? :'(

Sep 28, 2015 5:16 AM

Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.

Honestly I can understand this to a huge extent.
I mean I still like Hyouka but I have to admit the story and characters aren't really grabbing me fully.
I mean they're fine but there's just something missing to make them great and I can't explain it. Maybe a more diverse cast? who knows.
Though I still think Oreki is awesome but he's such a wasted potential, a Good MC can't really shine with everything around it being dull.
The world feels lifeless(Heck they won't show their parents) and the side characters were just boring etc you get the point.

And Houtarou would have been as awesome as our deadpan philosopher Hibiki if done right.

So I'm not really down for a Season 2,It would be cool if it got one but I don't think I'm gonna watch it immediately.
Modified by NeutralSide, Sep 28, 2015 5:27 AM

Oct 5, 2015 6:08 AM
I really hope that they will publish the second season of hyouka soon bcuz I really really love that anime. It is such a wonderful anime. But I'm not really satisfied with the ending. So that's why I really hope that there will be another season of hyouka soon. :)

Oct 23, 2015 2:44 AM
Testament956 said:
It be nice to get a second season because I felt that the last episode was so unsatisfying.

right . maybe in second season oreki or chitanda eru will confess

Nov 23, 2015 9:12 AM
Yes please

Dec 4, 2015 8:57 AM
http://www.watchseries.li/episode/Hyouka_s2_e1.html We were able already has a Second Season in Hyouka.

Dec 8, 2015 4:49 AM
Perisher said:
Nope, and it doesn't deserve one.
I disagree this anime is one of a handful that i really enjoyed it didnt have anything that was super flashy but i felt a connection to this one. Each episode left me feeling some sort of emotion and kept me coming back.

Dec 9, 2015 12:32 AM
Personally this anime is one of my favorite. Bringing light mystery and SOL genre together is really unique. I looking forward to oreki and chitanda relationship to develop, but what excite me more is the light mystery in every episode.

I have never encounter anime that use this kind of theme, usually mystery anime would tackle more serious and crime-sort mystery. But not this anime, the mystery is light, easygoing, really blend well with the sol genre. Some might say it is pointless, or boring, but that's what do it for me. Kind of like seinfeld of the mystery genre, it is really refreshing, and that alone for me deserve a second season.

and I don't even mind if they do an episodic anime where oreki solve everyday mystery without any main plot.

Dec 19, 2015 2:18 AM
It could be romance at the second season,

Jan 26, 2016 9:10 AM
Yes of course!!! The plot looks totally kinda incomplete for not only me but also my friends who watched it. Everyone whom I talked to after seeing the last episode said man wtf..Why would it end like that and were eager for another season. I just hope that they can gather all those short stories and make one. The concept seems fair to me. There's nothing boring in this series. Maybe they haven't dubbed it in English might would have take out the interests of many mystery anime lovers. Anyway I'm still hoping for another season and I'll be really happy If that happens :)
Modified by HarryNightfury, Jan 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 26, 2016 10:06 AM

Since the first season was already mind numbingly boring and inconsequential...no...just no

Feb 2, 2016 8:43 AM
Hyouka will be second season because the manga still goin on

Feb 16, 2016 10:02 AM
i think animes season 1 last episode was done with the prespective there may be or may not be a second season .....not any hints of second season ......but also dosent seemed like story was completed .....ending was also in a very normal way keeping it littel decent ............well it dosent creat much eagerness about second season though....in the end it makes viewers think "even if theres no second season maybe m lil satisfied"....but if theres any second season will most likely to watch.....END*

Apr 13, 2016 10:17 AM
I really love Hyouka! A second season would be a great idea. I hope Hyouka will have a seacond season.

Apr 19, 2016 6:07 AM
Can anyone suggest me anime like hyouka?...pls thankyou🙏😃

Apr 19, 2016 4:14 PM

I'd love to see them in their next year in school with some new characters that join the classics club or just new characters in general. I'd also like it if Oreki and Eru don't end up together. Although they seem to have feelings for each other, they realize that they have different goals in life and Oreki finds it impractical for them to end up together. Even if they do end up together, a discussion/argument/some tension along these lines takes place.

New mysteries involving their school and beyond if possible. Oreki realizing his potential and growing confident in his abilities. Fukube and Ibara growing as individuals as well. Eru's curiosity and how she deals with it as she grows. I'd love to see it all.

I'm honestly not sure how people are satisfied with what we have right now. Had Oreki not said the lines he says at the end about handling the business part to himself, it would've been an ambiguous ending. The creators are just teasing us with that and not giving us a proper conclusion, not just with them, but there's no explanation as to what happened between Ibara and Fukube. We also don't know much about Oreki's sister. Argh! I really hope there is a season 2. I don't care if it takes 5 or more years. I just want closure.
Modified by bikers123, Apr 19, 2016 4:23 PM
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier

May 24, 2016 5:52 AM
This anime needs seconds season
(T^T)

May 24, 2016 5:53 AM
This anime needs seconds season
(T^T)

Jun 3, 2016 9:05 AM
Because it's been a few years since the series started they have enough money and manga content to make a second serieset, so why haven't they?

So the problem is it finished around 2 years ago. If they started a second season now they would not get as much publicity and profit as it usually would.

To avoid this issue the company would have to reanimate the first series by changing up character designs, the angle of the actual scene, to enhance the animated effects.

However there would be some problems with the actual remake of the series as the company did not fully benefit from the series as a very small amount of merchandise was made causing a massive drop in possible profit margins. They also missing out on a chance to have an English dub version that would have also promoted it and would have been more money for the company.

In conclusion I believe that achieving a second season is highly achievable. However, I do not believe that the company currently with the rights of Hyouka can't create it because they don't have what it takes to make a massive series as they stand now.

For more answers and debates please Email me at: jacob.telford091732@Gmail.come
Also check out my YouTube channel:
Comet Stream anime. Coming to YouTube on 2nd July 2016

Jun 7, 2016 6:57 AM
Testament956 said:
It be nice to get a second season because I felt that the last episode was so unsatisfying.

(-_- ) agreed, definitely agreed

Jun 10, 2016 5:23 AM

I think it's really awesome if they do a Season 2 for Hyouka, because there will be a mysteries to solve to and etc. and because i want the anime to be end with confessions that they love each other <3 because Fukube and Mayaka they deserved to be lovers and Chitanda and Oreki too, why? because Fukube and Oreki is still confuse if they want to have a romantic relationship with Chitanda and Mayaka. I want them to confess and tell their feelings , because it's unfair their thinking that they don't deserve that two girls., All I'am saying is please make an episode or a special episode that's ok for me , I want that two boy's to confess... I know that this is pointless making an episode y'all probably thinking that it's a waste of time but i wish that you feel how Oreki and Fukube feels :/ they need some love and i don't want them like that, seeing them holding back their feelings because they think that they do not deserve that love and they're saying that they are just untalented and not being best and good at anything ... please if it just a Special episode i can live with that, and please think that if they are real person, that would break my heart T_T

Jun 10, 2016 5:36 AM

one of biggest mystery kyoani has... they are sells good, they also have source to make second season (they not even necessary use source).. i really wonder why...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Jun 10, 2016 5:51 AM

Kuma said:
one of biggest mystery kyoani has... they are sells good, they also have source to make second season (they not even necessary use source).. i really wonder why...

How? there is only one volume left and some short stories if you are talking abt source.

Jun 10, 2016 5:56 AM

strider98 said:
Kuma said:

How? there is only one volume left and some short stories if you are talking abt source.
is it? i though they adapted really few considering their pace.. and it's a lready 4 years ago... i don't know they are that close with original source... is something happened with the source? kinda like haruhi?

anyways, they can go to original route... but the detail of explanation and logic this series use is what make this series great...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Jun 10, 2016 6:02 AM

Kuma said:
strider98 said:

is it? i though they adapted really few considering their pace.. and it's a lready 4 years ago... i don't know they are that close with original source... is something happened with the source? kinda like haruhi?

anyways, they can go to original route... but the detail of explanation and logic this series use is what make this series great...

The author is busy in some other works, so the last three vol were released in a span of every two years, vol 5 being in 2012(which was kinda written for the anime). In the last 4 years, he wrote 1 or two short story(one in this year) and a new vol is to be released this november.

Don't think it will work at all with the original route.

Jun 10, 2016 6:16 AM

There won't be a second season.

The LN is on Hiatus and its been a couple of years the author didn't write on it.

Jun 21, 2016 10:04 AM

It's not on hiatus, new volume will come out soon. It takes so long to write book you know? He's writing side stories and, other new series too.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~

Jun 22, 2016 10:56 AM

This anime is terrible boring

Jun 26, 2016 4:31 PM
I wish this anime remake or side story or season 2 with genre comedy romance.
Maybe very fun

Jun 29, 2016 12:09 PM
I feel like there wasn't a real ending there. The individual episodes were good and I liked most of the characters, but between episodes there were holes; sometimes massive ones. Still a good show, but if they're not looking to make another season, they shouldn't have led us on with that last episode :/

Jul 12, 2016 2:34 AM
I wish for 2nd season .....

Jul 15, 2016 8:48 PM
After reading wikipedia I knew that the story isn't finished yet. there are last LN series not adapted yet into anime... I hope it will be adapted into anime

Aug 8, 2016 9:00 PM
I guess Hyouka just didn't make enough money in Japan for KyoAni to want to milk more out of it. I guarantee that it would have been wrung dry if the money was there. I really enjoyed the irrelevant and mundane mysteries, but hey, it's a business. We have to watch what the Japanese fans are willing to shell out for.

Aug 10, 2016 9:02 AM

Volume 6 is out so probably...6 more years and we'll get one . :3

Aug 22, 2016 6:19 PM

SyntaxMishe said:

"))))) this is heart breaking

Aug 22, 2016 6:36 PM

ughhh I JUST FINISHED THE ANIME. actually I tried my best not to finish it fast, the fact that there isn't another season YET doesn't make me any happier "), it was really really good. mystery shows aren't my type but Hyouka was different. the ending wasn't that satisfying tbh I need to know more about Houtarou's sister !
me, as a Hyouka fan, I deeply appreciate and thank KyoAni's adaptation of this wonderful novel. I'd LOVE to have a continuation !!may it be in the form of a movie, OVA, or a second season, with more romantic scenes from Oreki Houtarou and Chitanda Eru. Please hear us out KyoAni!! Please please

Aug 24, 2016 10:57 PM

SyntaxMishe said:
If I can wait for HL3, I can wait for this.
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Aug 26, 2016 6:18 PM

ExTemplar said:
SyntaxMishe said:
If I can wait for HL3, I can wait for this.

As if HL3 is coming out anytime soon LOL a-ba-du GabeN!

Sep 17, 2016 4:39 PM
a second season should not be released instead they should make a movie that starts a little after the last episode a problem intercepts there friendship and one must move then as they meet there last week to see each other they realize how much they care for one another and try to make the most of it but in the end he has been secretly trying to find a way to make where they can stay together I guess this could be put in 1 or 2 ovas but id like to see it in a movie but that's just my opinion.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »