Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Do you think there should be a Second Season?

Oct 11, 2016 12:48 PM
I've heard that S2 might come in 2017. Anyone else know more?

Oct 15, 2016 10:56 AM
I don't know if it really HAS to be a second season (I wouldn't say no to that if it's executed like the first one), but I'd want them to continue the story in some sort of format in any case. Maybe a couple of movies would also be an option?

Oct 16, 2016 8:33 AM

LeanMeanMachine said:
I don't know if it really HAS to be a second season (I wouldn't say no to that if it's executed like the first one), but I'd want them to continue the story in some sort of format in any case. Maybe a couple of movies would also be an option?

i agree with you.. +1

Nov 20, 2016 7:02 AM
TheDxGuy said:
well lets look at another anime called accel world, it was made at the same time like hyouka and they said there will be a second season, witch is still on holed. the chances for a seconed season for hyouka are higher now that they are making new volumes and the fact that they made 5 volumes and animeted only 4 of them. so i think a new season will come at about... 2016
well 2016 is about to end and unfortunately there is no word for a new season

Nov 25, 2016 3:26 AM

It really needs a second season because I've heard many of the Otakus and my friends said that. "Alas, I feel so bad because Oreki and Chitanda didn't end up together". Whenever I hear someone says that I feel so bad too because the anime is missing something. "Their together forever".
Modified by TheOtaku_Luffy, Nov 25, 2016 3:55 AM

Nov 25, 2016 3:57 AM
Thouse who want second season abandon all hope. Second season never

Dec 17, 2016 7:57 AM
1. I respect your opinion on why the season 2 shouldn't be aired and that you didn't like the anime that much. I f you didn't like it then why did you post your opinion here and why did you watch the season ? In your statement you say that is had spoilers of Nancy drew. That should mean that you watched most of the mysteries to know that.

2. It isn't the author's fault that you don't like traditional Japanese culture. The character "Chitanda" was from a powerful family , so you should have figured out that there would be some tradition.

3.It is stupid to compare a mystery anime to a sports anime like "free!" the two of them are completely different genres with a different story line, this goes for Chuu2 as well.

4. You saying that an anime doesn't deserve a new season is even tho the first season had loads of people enjoying is discouraging to the viewers and the author if he reads it.

Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.

Dec 22, 2016 9:04 AM
After watching hyouka i believe a second season maybe possible due to the fact that it ended in such away.they way it ended gives Honobu-San more space to write ideas. Anyway I seriously hope he makes are one season. Onegai Honobu-San please make a second season.

Dec 28, 2016 3:49 AM
I think there should be a second season. It's mainly because Oreki and Chitanda's feeling for each other are yet to be discovered. Also, I'd like to watch how Mayaka and Fukube's relationships going to turn out. -I'm curious!

Jan 3, 11:56 PM
I think that Hyouka deserves 2nd season. I never seen such A light - but deep - story that blend Slice of life and mystery together. Also considering that only 4 out of 5 series are animated, I'm sure they have enough material to at least make one or two OVA's episodes. Now, after knowing that 6th series will be published soon I'm sure that they have more than enough material for making a full 12 episodes of anime. The only question is are Hyouka still satisfying Japanese anime trends today? For me, it sure is. But are the animation studio think in the same was as me?

I just hoping Hyouka coming back and give me more mystery to think and solve.

Jan 8, 1:58 AM

I feel that the last novels of Hyouka need to be animated :(

Jan 12, 2:32 PM

This is too late but I want it to have a proper ending. The anime is right up into my alley. Animation check. Pacing check. Content check. Transitions check. Fanservice well done check. Balanced mixture of slice of life and mystery check. Interesting dialogues check. Events that actually encourage the audience to think. Character development check. Characters that have depth check. Memorable characters. Consistent execution check. Great OP and ED 1&2 check.

I'm curios!!! My rating would be somewhere between 9 and 10 our of 10.

It's rare for me not to yawn on any slice of life during binge eating episodes but Hyouka and its staff did an amazing job in entertaining me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 20, 11:21 AM
In first place there is enough material for a second season plus at least one ova.
In second place in my opinion once the manga it's complete, they'll start the second season. Or sooner idk ­čśé

Feb 7, 10:45 AM
Well, let me have some words on that too. This is my opinion about long stories:

I do not like anime series having hundreds of episodes and seasons. A story -guys- must end. There must be a limit. The ending is the whole purpose of series, it is "climax". There are times that it generally defines if the whole story or plot is shit or not, just by looking at ending.

So, this had to have an end too, but I don't know what to say. It was like a "chekhov"ish show. I somehow feel guilty if I say "no second season". There should be a second season.

But that is it. Only a second season, nothing more.

Mar 20, 6:23 AM
Sad fact. We still don't have any update with the news of the second season. The blue-ray sold pretty well, though. No new novels too have been released. But maybe, an OVA series or a short movie is being made, because the anime did leave us to solve the mystery of what's gonna happen next. We gotta solve it, just like Oreki solved the mystery of the movie of class 2-F.

Apr 12, 6:21 AM
Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.
It's called "personal opinion" you should never say that a show or series does not "deserve" a continuation. One, because these are forms of entertainment, and hence subject to personal liking and dislike. Two, because they are all art forms and there are always people who feel different from you. You may say that if there does happen to be a second season, you personally wouldn't watch it. Clearly, as seen from the polls above, there are quite a lot of people who would want to see a second season come to fruition.

PS: none of this meant to offend, just suggesting one should always keep bias out of matters that come to debate.

Apr 12, 6:28 AM

It has been 2017 and people still are holding their hopes for this series...

Damn... When I have lost the will for the S2 to ship... This people are so.... So... inspirational...

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]