Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think there should be a Second Season?
Aug 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
After finishing Hyouka I was wondering if a second season was possible, but I don't know if it sold well or if there's enough LN content.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 12, 2014 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
It be nice to get a second season because I felt that the last episode was so unsatisfying.
Aug 12, 2014 9:30 PM

May 2012
Aug 12, 2014 9:34 PM
Aug 2014
May I ask why you have that opinion? I see nothing wrong for it not to deserve a second season.
This is where I'd place my advertisement if I had one.
Aug 12, 2014 9:43 PM

May 2012
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.
Aug 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
My complaint with the last episode is simple but misplaced, I was hoping that Oreki and Chintanda would reveal their feelings for each other, but through out the series I could tell that there was nothing to support any real romance between the two main protagonists. I'll be honest that bummed me out a bit, so the last scene in the show, while beautiful, left me feeling a little empty too.
Aug 20, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2013
Well the ending leaves no doubt that there will be a future confession.. but darn I'd like to see that in an OVA at least. Though I'd take a second season any day!
Sep 28, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Not necessarily. Surprisingly the ending was good enough for me since I wasn't expecting any conclusive events to suddenly appear in the last episode and a 2nd season would probably require very different scenarios and the quality of the new mysteries would be dubious, if the story is going to be mediocre/repetitive I prefer no continuation. I loved the first season and that's enough.
“We see what we want to see”
Sep 28, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2011
I think the anime covered all the volumes, or at least the first 4. There's only 5 of them, and one of those was produced years afterwards to go along with the anime. In other words, if there were to be a second season, it would be pretty much entirely anime original.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 30, 2014 10:48 PM
Sep 2014
No way. There is really nothing to bring to the table by making a second season. We all know the characters pretty well and you either love them or hate them, no open mysteries to solve, and we already see the writers for whatever reason are scared to develop the characters even further.

We'd just get another 22 pointless episodes.
Oct 1, 2014 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
I don't think there is a need for a complete 12 episode, but something like a small OVA or Special that runs for 4 episodes would be ideal
A faint clap of thunder,
Clouded skies,
Perhaps rain will come.
If so, will you stay here with me?
Yukari Yukino
A faint clap of thunder,
Even if rain comes or not,
I will stay here,
Together with you.
Takao Akizuki
Oct 15, 2014 3:44 AM

Sep 2014
It's not that it needs a second season, but I still hope there will be one. Liked this series very much and want to see more of the characters.
Oct 30, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
A movie is nice.
Nov 2, 2014 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
"Hyouka" Complete Blu-ray Set Scheduled for February

No english subtitles or release :(
Hope it sells well and the author makes another novel so we can get another season :)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/02/hyouka-complete-blu-ray-set-scheduled-for-february
Nov 2, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
whereas I really loved the show, I felt it was complete when it ended. so nope :x
Nov 2, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2009
it sold over 9000 discs per volume so ye a sequel is totally possible if they wanted to
Nov 27, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
Is there enough material for a second season though?
Dec 13, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
Nah, there is only one book left in the series; in addition to the fact that the author wrote the four books adapted in a 6 or year span. The last novel was also written back in 2010
A faint clap of thunder,
Clouded skies,
Perhaps rain will come.
If so, will you stay here with me?
Yukari Yukino
A faint clap of thunder,
Even if rain comes or not,
I will stay here,
Together with you.
Takao Akizuki
Dec 15, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2014
koagzero said:

Well there will probably be enough material next year when the author completes volume 6, so volume 5, 6 and then the Mayaka short story is enough for a 12 ep series
Dec 22, 2014 1:55 PM
Apr 2014
I hope hyouka second seasond would be release in japan ... Movie or anime series, I would waiting for hyouka..
Dec 24, 2014 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
SeriuS said:
koagzero said:

Well there will probably be enough material next year when the author completes volume 6, so volume 5, 6 and then the Mayaka short story is enough for a 12 ep series

Are you sure that the author is planning to release another volume in 2015?
Dec 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
tirthasg said:
SeriuS said:

Well no not for certain that's why I said "probably", but if we go by what is currently released:

The author has released 3 short stories which will most likely be compiled to create volume 6, volume 4 had 7 short stories in it however they were a lot shorter than the ones that will make up volume 6. So going by this if the author finishes another short story by next year (which is likely) then yes there will be enough material.
Dec 27, 2014 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
SeriuS said:
tirthasg said:

Well no not for certain that's why I said "probably", but if we go by what is currently released:

The author has released 3 short stories which will most likely be compiled to create volume 6, volume 4 had 7 short stories in it however they were a lot shorter than the ones that will make up volume 6. So going by this if the author finishes another short story by next year (which is likely) then yes there will be enough material.

Oh! I see. I am hoping against hope that the author releases volume 6 by Spring so that we may get a second season by Summer/Winter. I wish I knew what those short stories were about :(
Dec 27, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
tirthasg said:
Oh! I see. I am hoping against hope that the author releases volume 6 by Spring so that we may get a second season by Summer/Winter. I wish I knew what those short stories were about :(

Well I can help you with that also^^

Short stories;

It doesn't appear in the mirror: This is told from Mayaka's perspective, it is about an incident in Oreki's middle school, apparently Oreki did something to make everyone hate him and Mayaka investigates it.

A Long Holiday: This is about how Oreki got his energy saving personallity

Is the mountain range sunny?: Idk anything about this one

I have links to a TL of Volume 5 and the "It doesn't appear in the mirror" short story if you would like to read them

Edit: I fucked up, Volume 5 is only halfway TL'd and looks like it has been abandoned.
ddenpaJun 12, 2015 3:37 PM
Dec 30, 2014 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
SeriuS said:
tirthasg said:

Short stories;

It doesn't appear in the mirror: This is told from Mayaka's perspective, it is about an incident in Oreki's middle school, apparently Oreki did something to make everyone hate him and Mayaka investigates it.

I have links to a TL of Volume 5 and the "It doesn't appear in the mirror" short story if you would like to read them

It doesn't appear in the mirror: Sounds really interesting.I wonder if he pulled off a Hachiman here :P

A Long Holiday: This will be fun to watch if it ever gets animated.

It doesn't appear in the mirror: Never knew that the LNs were getting translated. I would really like to read it if you can give the links. Thank you.
Dec 30, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
tirthasg said:
SeriuS said:

Short stories;

It doesn't appear in the mirror: Sounds really interesting.I wonder if he pulled off a Hachiman here :P

A Long Holiday: This will be fun to watch if it ever gets animated.

It doesn't appear in the mirror: Never knew that the LNs were getting translated. I would really like to read it if you can give the links. Thank you.

I will PM them to you^^
Apr 15, 2015 10:18 AM
Apr 2015
A bit late of a reply but in my opinion I think there is no season 2 even though I want there to be one because of the way I look at the ending. Hear me out and reply afterwards if you want :p(Only gonna talk about how the final scene was)

Houtarou felt like he was ready to confess and that he was ready to take the next step but considering his nature and the way everything was, he didn't want anything to change because they both felt like they like how everything was now and with Houtarou's conserving energy crap he wanted to enjoy how he is with Eru and not change because that's the way he is

I think this is the reason why people felt a bit empty but in it's own ay it is like the perfect ending in this story. It is unique and satisfying when looking from the right perspective but OVAs should definitely come!!!
Apr 28, 2015 4:30 AM

Nov 2014
Kharma__N said:
A bit late of a reply but in my opinion I think there is no season 2 even though I want there to be one because of the way I look at the ending. Hear me out and reply afterwards if you want :p(Only gonna talk about how the final scene was)

Houtarou felt like he was ready to confess and that he was ready to take the next step but considering his nature and the way everything was, he didn't want anything to change because they both felt like they like how everything was now and with Houtarou's conserving energy crap he wanted to enjoy how he is with Eru and not change because that's the way he is

I think this is the reason why people felt a bit empty but in it's own ay it is like the perfect ending in this story. It is unique and satisfying when looking from the right perspective but OVAs should definitely come!!!
I do see your point, the ending was when Houtarou was going to confess but still can't. Not really sure if that was how the author intended to end the show or maybe it is just to make us more interested, still personally I would definitely like a season 2 or maybe OVAs.
May 8, 2015 9:39 AM
May 2015
Yes! Yes! Yes! I want more mysteries! 😍 and romance of course 😄 pleeeeeease! I'm begging for mooooore! 🙇🙇🙇
May 9, 2015 4:50 AM
May 2015
I hope there is a Second Season of Hyouka. A season where Chitanda and Oreki would reveal their feelings and start going out and I hope there would be more mysteries that will come.
May 9, 2015 6:50 AM

May 2013
A second season would certainly be nice. If not that, then at least a couple of OVAs.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
May 16, 2015 4:14 PM
May 2015
I really need a second season I mean the anime is sooooooo cute I have watched more than 10 times I need a second season I mean I'm curious about what's gonna happen next and remember the valentine day mayaka asked eru if she love someone she was about to say something but changed the scene ,I really need a second season of i can talk to the one who made the anime I would tell him to make one 💘
May 16, 2015 9:31 PM
May 2015
It's nice butmi really want to have season 2 it will be more likable
May 21, 2015 10:32 AM
May 2015
Kharma__N said:

I see how you may see that there is closure to the show, but there isn't if you look at what all had happened.

For instance: Things are starting to develop in characters that are not addressed. It never officially states what happened between Ibara and Fukube from their last conversation on the phone where Fukube wants to tell her something.

They just barely look at the past for all of the characters. They can touch more on adressing why the characters are the way they are.

You said Oreki is satisfied with not telling Chitanda how he feels, because that is just how he is. I would say that is how he was. The show clearly shows that Chitanda has been changing Oreki's ways and thinking. She even discovers that he has a new side to him in episode 17. That he is actually a sensitive person towards others. Well one episode of showing this other side of Oreki be enough?

In my opinion I believe that they have just began to scratch the surface of character development. I don't believe that they should spell everything out, but they could definitely take different routes to continue this anime and provide more closure.
May 27, 2015 4:45 AM
May 2015
I think Hyouka needs a second season ^_^
May 27, 2015 9:12 PM

Dec 2013
My first thought when the credits started at the end of the final episode were this, "Is that it?"

There was no closure to the development of the characters at all. Yeah, all of the mysteries were solved, but what about the relationship between Mayaka and Fukube? Or the changes happening within Oreki? Or the feelings developing between Oreki and Chitanda? Those were the real questions left by the ending of this series, and that leaves the series incomplete.

So, yes, a second season would be most welcome. These are things that need to be explored and given closure.

As for side characters, it seemed like there were stories behind Irisu and Tani that might be worth exploring. There was also something up with Oreki's sister, it seemed to me that her sending him to the club was for a purpose and she always seemed to come in at just the right time with some clue or piece of information. That would be worth exploring further.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 3, 2015 10:27 AM
Jun 2015
Can somebody send me a link to see the 5th and 6th volume of Hyouka? Please I want to know what's happening. Please?
Jun 28, 2015 10:35 PM
Jun 2015
I wanr season 2 because i want them to kiss. I SHIP FOR THEM <3
Jul 2, 2015 7:18 AM
Jun 2015
Yeah a second season would be nice tho. cuz i feel like the first season " we cant call that an ending " thing. Plus, i heard theres some more story that can me animated so yeah. Even tho the second season would change the genre but meh. A second season with a REAL ENDING would be nice.
Jul 11, 2015 4:07 AM

Aug 2012
I liked the first season a lot, but I don't think that there is enough to fill a complete second season. Don't get me wrong, I think Hyouka is very nice, but I don't think an entire second season would be interesting.
I'd love to see one or 2 OVA's though n-n
-nya
Jul 21, 2015 1:13 AM
Jul 2015
I think there should be a second season. I think a second season can allow the characters to develop more. The first season was really good but some characters are a bit too flat.
Jul 22, 2015 10:32 AM

May 2015
Testament956 said:
It be nice to get a second season because I felt that the last episode was so unsatisfying.
yeah i agree u dude. it ws totaly unsatisfying. he should have confessed her.
well if there will bea second season i would like watch it. I like this anime
Blue_AceJul 22, 2015 10:35 AM
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Jul 22, 2015 5:03 PM
Mar 2015
Come on, lets be 100% honest here, we all wanted them both to kiss at the end.

But still, being honest, what else could they do? Second seasons tend to be a bunch of fillers, especially for a series like Hyouka

Do I want to see them kiss? Yes, but if I REALLY want to, I will read the light novels (or manga if its available)
Jul 23, 2015 3:08 AM
Jul 2015
Maybe not enough story to cover second season, but we all want another 5 episodes or more for this anime ! Oreki's sister is still a mystery after all right ?
Jul 23, 2015 3:09 AM
Jul 2015
akumasakura said:
I liked the first season a lot, but I don't think that there is enough to fill a complete second season. Don't get me wrong, I think Hyouka is very nice, but I don't think an entire second season would be interesting.
I'd love to see one or 2 OVA's though n-n

Oreki's sister is still a mystery, at least uncover that lol :P
Jul 23, 2015 3:10 AM

Aug 2012
Another season is unlikely because there's only 1 volume left to adapt. So an OVA is more plausible.
Jul 23, 2015 3:10 AM
Jul 2015
vince1996 said:
After finishing Hyouka I was wondering if a second season was possible, but I don't know if it sold well or if there's enough LN content.

Besides, they can go with sidestories to fill up the second season. No need to go with the main story all the time
Jul 26, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2015
JoeKisaragi said:
Maybe not enough story to cover second season, but we all want another 5 episodes or more for this anime ! Oreki's sister is still a mystery after all right ?
yeah now you have mentioned it, her face was not shown in the whole anime even for a second.
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Aug 10, 2015 4:14 AM
May 2014
Id totally be down for a S2... If so, id much rather have a romcom mystery kinda thing. Even if just an OVA, I'd want to see Oreki and Chitanda go out... the last episode was so lacking...
Aug 13, 2015 12:37 AM
Jan 2015
Maybe a movie if not a second season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.