Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 8:15 PM

Sep 2009
deepsoul said:
maybe it's Time for Grell to appear again.

Ooh, I agree, like, earlier we got to see a new Shinigami dude, Ronald (the lawn mower guy) and he has yet to appear in the story again.
Mmm, I can't wait.
Oct 19, 2009 11:05 PM

Apr 2009
Like it'd be possible for him to die just like this >__> I don't believe it.
And if that's true, I'm ok with that. I care more for Lau, Finny, Soma and Bard than for Sebastian, lol.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 20, 2009 1:49 AM

Jun 2008
OMG, the last page!!

Now that has really whet my appetite. looking forward for more
Oct 20, 2009 4:28 AM

Nov 2008
I thought everything was gonna be all sweet and predictable, but then came the last page. I nearly jumped out of my chair and yelled "HOLY F****** SHIT!"

Does anyone else think that this might just be one of Ciel's clever schemes, and it has something to do with Lau and Undertaker? Maybe they were supposed to help fake Sebastian's death, or something.

At any rate, ALL WILL BE OVER IF SEBASTIAN DIES!
Oct 20, 2009 7:39 AM

Nov 2008
I expected a lot, but NOT this O_______o How the hell did that happen?
Though, I'm also pretty sure he's not dead. He's a demon, after all. I hope nothing happened to Ciel >.<
November is so near but still so far away TT^TT

Oct 20, 2009 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
WHAT.

What the heck just happened in this chapter? I read it twice and I don't understand.
All I say was Sebastian...covered in blood.
O___o

Can someone explain?
Oct 20, 2009 11:55 PM
Mar 2008
Lolwut, things just got turned up a notch here.

What is with all the crazy hardcore butlers in this series? I mean, it'd be nice to just have cool guys who aren't butlers as well.....
Oct 21, 2009 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Weeeell...

It's boring when every butler is always one hell of a hottie with wonderful abilities >_>' Come on, it IS boring already.

And story is rather unusual. So... diversified. I mean, big task and killing those children, later like two chapters with actually nothing and finally dead Sebastian. From one side is good plot's not very predictable, still I wonder if autor have planned everything already or she just thinks things up while drawing.
As it comes to the Sebastian's death it's probably fake, because it so doesn't looks like an end. Or maybe now we'll get a story for ten chapters more going slowly to S' body, what will be actually the end. I really wonder...
Oct 21, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
I not going to jump on the "oh noes Sebby is dead!" Bandwagon. I'm thinking it might have something to Lau and Undertaker. I thought that last page was kinda random, but i guess it will all be cleared up next chapter. Think about it, this manga would be nothing if it wasnt for Sebastain. So dont freak out just yet you guys. :)

I love the Queen's butlers by the way. I love how we are getting some new characters. I hope we get to see Grell and Ronald soon. :D
Oct 22, 2009 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
It really does look like Sebastian, but based on the fact that it was the guy from Germany talking about the tragedy that occurred the night the mansion burned down, I think it was actually Ciel's dad in that last page, who looks likes Sebastian because Seb was simply 'made' to look that way.

Anyway it looks like an interesting arc is coming up.
Oct 22, 2009 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
C'mon Sebastian couldn't have died /:). Nor is this the final arc of the story. Remember people, the point of this manga is Ciel's revenge on those who kidnapped him and killed his parents and I really don't see that German guy having anything to do with some satanic cult that uses small children as human sacrifice :|.

And I think we've seen Sebastian badly hurt like that, if I remember correctly, in chap 2 [ep 2 of the anime] he took like 20 bullets and still survived. Oh well maybe then there wasn't that much blood as in this chap :D. My point is that I've always been under the impression that demons are immortal beings, just like Shinigamis, and the only thing that can kill them might be that 'Death Scynthe' that 'can cut trough anything'. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And how long are Agni and the prince gonna stay, they're really getting on my nerves >_<

Oct 22, 2009 2:18 PM

Nov 2008
I doubt Sebastian dies - if he was about to die it would have been a surprise in the next chapter, and not so heavily hinted in the chapter prior. I think that image was there just to shock us, and that there will be a good explanation for it next month that doesn't end in a dead demon butler.

It's possible that for Sebastian and Ciel are no longer trusted by the queen, and have to fake their deaths and go into hiding. In the last two chapters we've been reminded more often than usual how rich Ciel is - new designer clothes without thinking twice about it, rebuilding half the house in a day, etc. It'd be neat to contrast that by putting Ciel into poverty, on the run.

Also loving the queen's butlers. Gotta draw them as soon as I know their colour schemes ♥
Oct 22, 2009 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
Holy effing crap, that last page..! o_o;

Brilliant chapter. I was on the edge of my seat reading all the pages. Lots of action, plenty of mystery, and of course, the shocker at the end. I think Kuroshitsuji gets better with every chapter. Can't wait to see what happens in the following chapters. I'm in denial about Sebastian's death, if he does die, but I keep thinking about how the last time I was in such denial, the guy really was dead >_>
Oct 23, 2009 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
Xephia said:
I doubt Sebastian dies - if he was about to die it would have been a surprise in the next chapter, and not so heavily hinted in the chapter prior. I think that image was there just to shock us, and that there will be a good explanation for it next month that doesn't end in a dead demon butler.

Exactly. I can't wait for the next chap and, I bet, alive Sebastian. November seems so far away...~
I loved the long haired Charlie. Such a hottie. I hoped they'll have a bigger role than just delivering the letter and leaving. Oh well. I guess we'll see them again. Though, I wouldn't mind the annoying prince and his servant leaving...
Oct 23, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
Why does everybody hate Soma? O: Haha, he's one of my favourites in this series XD
And frankly, I never thought I'd say that...but I think that the whole 'super special awesome skilled butler who is also incredibly hot and kickass' theme is starting to get old.
I want mah Lau D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 25, 2009 9:40 PM

Aug 2007
Cenedess said:
Why does everybody hate Soma? O: Haha, he's one of my favourites in this series XD

Haha, seriously, this hate is really shocking to me. Soma and Agni are one of the best things about this manga.
olivesandwaxNov 1, 2009 12:00 PM
Oct 27, 2009 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
Sebastian is not dead...
How can Toboso-san makes Black Butler without the Black Butler!?!

And btw he's a demon....
Oct 28, 2009 10:40 PM

Oct 2009
He's most definately not dead, he's sebastian HELLO
can't wait for next month =D
Nov 23, 2009 1:18 PM

Oct 2008
NO WAY!
Sebastian looks dead?
He probably isnt but still, weird yet amazing way to end the chapter
Jan 9, 2010 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
Sebastian?!!! No!!!! He's a demon, and he got shot through the head and stood up fine, right? There's now way he could be dead!
But then the credits had the death god William in the background. Now I can't help thinking that he was involved.
Feb 2, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
OHOHO
Apr 17, 2010 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
WTF that last page... i was reading and it's almost 2:30 am so I'm kinda sleepy and then I turn to that last page!!!! my eyes from this -.- went to this --> O.O in a split second! lol
wtf wtf wtf!!! tell me it's not true, srsly!! Sebastiaaaaan!!
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 1, 2011 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
' the hell? Oo
But he can't die so it's okay.

~

Those two other butlers were really hot, especially the shorter one.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 16, 2011 12:33 PM

May 2010
awww Charles~sama <33333
and what was Sebastian doing at the last page O.O
Apr 4, 2012 10:46 PM
Feb 2010
Am I weird if I think the optometrist wannabe writer in the tweed suit is hotter than Charles Grey? Tall Charles is hot of course. I love a man who can sew.
Dec 10, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
A Victorian-era murder mystery? Like music to my ears~
Aug 2, 2014 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
What.... Sebastian ._.
Nov 12, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2012
i wonder where she is hiding those double guns.

Feb 8, 2017 1:00 PM

Jan 2016
New arc hype!
New characters looks interesting

More topics from this board

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Today, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

» I appreciate this not being a BL because...

Absurdo_N - Mar 20

7 by PeripheralVision »»
Mar 24, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 9 Discussion

Turbe - Oct 16, 2008

12 by Virtecek »»
Mar 10, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.