Forum Settings
Forums

A great anime series with a crappy ending (filler ending)

New
Oct 18, 2009 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
There are many anime series which follow the manga at start but at some point they start to differ from the manga story anime, and hence we see a random/filler ending. Some of them actually do well but some great series are ruined by these filler endings

what names come into your mind?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 18, 2009 1:50 PM
Sep 2007
Right now in my mind is Pandora Hearts and Claymore. First Naruto series had many fillers instead of closing the series which I will count as a bad ending.
XzaROct 18, 2009 2:35 PM
Oct 19, 2009 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
I haven't seen Pandora Hearts, but Claymore definitely comes to mind. The anime version ends it with a not-so-satisfactory ending while the manga keeps on adding on to the road.

Another one is Gantz, where it left me asking "What? Is that it? Great recommendation, Mark...". Supposedly, the manga is pretty good, according to him, but I just don't have the interest at the moment.

Hellsing was an exception, as it redeems itself with a newer OVA version that follows side-by-side with the story in the manga.

Sorry for comparing the anime with the manga. I know it isn't a topic called "Anime vs. Manga", but that's what it boils down to. For me, at least.
Oct 20, 2009 2:21 AM
Sep 2007
Yeah Gantz was weird too, I guess they just want to tell you that we only live once and while you live you have to enjoy the life or something. I mean they was so desperate to survive after the death but before they had almost no will to live. If I remember correctly.
Oct 20, 2009 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
Claymore... The makers left the viewers in a state where they're still craving for more. They should have chosen, at least, an episode where you know you'll have something to anticipate in the near future series. :3
Oct 20, 2009 6:56 AM

Apr 2009
FullMetal Alchemist. I heard they started to make things up instead of following the manga haha xD.
"Don't believe in the you that believes in me. Don't believe in the me that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself."
Oct 20, 2009 7:37 AM
Sep 2007
In the new one?
Oct 20, 2009 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
No the old one, the new one apparently follows the manga
"Don't believe in the you that believes in me. Don't believe in the me that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself."
Oct 20, 2009 2:09 PM

Nov 2007
how bout myself yourself? That was a huge disappointment. Ugh... it could've been soooo good, or at least okay. But no, they go and do a x-years later cop-out.
Oct 20, 2009 3:01 PM
Sep 2007
For me Myself Yourself had a okey ending, I think they did not aim for something big and the ending was happy. Well it's not really my favourite type of anime however.

I don't read manga but for me Fullmetal Alchemist was great even if they did not follow the manga. I plan to watch the new one when they have finished the airing.
Oct 20, 2009 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
The ending of School Rumble was also a punch in the face.. if u ever watched the last ovas u know what i mean.

Oct 20, 2009 3:56 PM
Sep 2007
Yeah School Rumble have a bad ending, I also think the anime is a bit overrated.
Oct 20, 2009 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
Shaman King any one ?
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Oct 21, 2009 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
ElemenT said:
Shaman King any one ?

Yes, this. Now that the SK manga has absolutely finished they really need to remake Shaman King in a "close to the manga" adaptation. Look at how successful Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood is.

My other answer would be D.Gray Man. They stopped the anime just as one of the biggest storylines was starting, leaving many unanswered questions and unexplained abilities. Fair enough, the DGM manga has been having troubles, but I hope to god that once the manga gets going again they will announce a 3rd season of DGM.

SK and DGM are both "10/10" series for me because everything but the so called ending is amazing in both cases, but they still have so much more to give.
Oct 22, 2009 3:07 PM

Sep 2008
XzaR said:
Right now in my mind is Pandora Hearts and Claymore. First Naruto series had many fillers instead of closing the series which I will count as a bad ending.

I'm pretty there is plenty of room for a second season of Pandora Hearts though. I'd agree that the final episode wasn't very climatic but that's because we need to wait for a second season to be announced.

School Rumble, Code Geass 2, Canvas 2 and Air. I just expected much better from these shows and for Canvas 2, I wasn't really expecting too much but it just got that bad for me at the end. I think I need to re-watch Air though, I was an anime newb back then when I saw so maybe I didn't understand everything.
Oct 22, 2009 11:44 PM

Jul 2007
Hey wat do u guys think about Da capo ending?
Oct 23, 2009 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
RUROUNI FREAKIN KENSHIN
I wan't to stab myself.

Oct 23, 2009 5:31 AM

Oct 2008
InuYasha - definitely a very bad ending
I don't give a shizz about the sun setting!

And I agree with Pandora Hearts. WTF was up with the last episode?
Boring!!!
Oct 23, 2009 5:33 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, and what do u think of the ending of Canaan? I was left more than just unsatisfied.

Oct 23, 2009 9:58 AM

Jul 2007
banthacrap said:
Yeah, and what do u think of the ending of Canaan? I was left more than just unsatisfied.

Well i find it quite OK, it is those ending where they almost return back to square one. quite a number of anime have these sort of ending like fate/stay night,sora no manimani,shuffle! ect
Oct 23, 2009 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
devil19 said:
Well i find it quite OK, it is those ending where they almost return back to square one. quite a number of anime have these sort of ending like fate/stay night,sora no manimani,shuffle! ect

Hmm, it may be the case, but i dont really like the feeling of "nothing-has-been-really-accomplished" at the end of an anime.

Oct 27, 2009 5:45 AM

Sep 2008
devil19 said:

Which Da Capo? The first one or second Da Capo? The first I didn't like the ending but the Kotori OVA fixed that. The second Da Capo, I also like but it was rather cliched but I still prefer happy endings anyways.

shadowsword said:
InuYasha - definitely a very bad ending
I don't give a shizz about the sun setting!

And I agree with Pandora Hearts. WTF was up with the last episode?
Boring!!!

You read that guy's post about Pandora Hearts and skipped my response on his? The anime isn't done, wait till second season get green light, we still haven't dealt with the will of the abyss. I wonder how many people are giving low scores to Pandora Hearts and not realizing this show isn't wrapped up yet. -_-
Oct 27, 2009 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
Venus Versus Virus....
Click it! :D
Oct 27, 2009 10:16 PM

Apr 2008
Star Ocean EX & Magikano were entertaining, but both the endings sucked!

Star Ocean: "We need to enter a portal in order to defeat the real evil!" Say, isn't that how the Half-Life video game ended?

Magikano: Endless recursion of time.
Oct 28, 2009 6:23 PM

Jun 2009
gantz totally
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Oct 29, 2009 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
EtherSword said:
devil19 said:

Which Da Capo? The first one or second Da Capo? The first I didn't like the ending but the Kotori OVA fixed that. The second Da Capo, I also like but it was rather cliched but I still prefer happy endings anyways.

well I mean second, Kinda of like predictable happy ends

Then how about heroic age,I find the ending quite sudden
Oct 29, 2009 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
I'm surprised no one mentioned Soul Eater, it was bad, I mean it ended with literally with one lame punch. Ouran too (at least not literally with one puch). Just like FMA they are produced by Bones and end with an alternative ending. Well, at least FMA got a remake so there are chances that Soul Eater (like FMA, Manga is released by Square Enix as I remember) will be remade.
I also heard Elfen Lied got an alternative ending which is not crappy (I don't know, I only read the manga.)

I've got a list with some filler endings; dunno whether these are crappy.
Oct 29, 2009 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
FMA has actually already got a sequel. Its the movie "conqueror of shambala", it wraps up the unfinished ending the original had. The new FMA is just an alternate story line.

For me, school days had the crappiest ending. Then its claymore, then its Gantz.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here
Oct 30, 2009 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
Ahaha~ I haven't watched School Days as a series, but on Youtube and other sites I did watch the ending :)

Based on all the descriptions of Makoto, or whatever his name is, he deserved it ;D

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Oct 30, 2009 5:31 PM

Mar 2008
^ why would you say that, when you didn't watch the anime ?
Anime Achievements
Nov 1, 2009 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
ElemenT said:
^ why would you say that, when you didn't watch the anime ?

I wonder too, but he is right ;)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 1, 2009 11:00 AM

Jul 2009
Ironkarma said:
RUROUNI FREAKIN KENSHIN
I wan't to stab myself.

Rurouni Kenshin was awesome, but the whole 3rd season was a filler. It had nothing to do with the manga. (I still liked the last season though; I just watched it second so it didn't end crappy)
Nov 8, 2009 7:52 PM

Jul 2009
i agree with claymore, since they were way off the manga' ending.
and i would also have to say Ichigo 100%
Nov 9, 2009 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
xBLACKxMAMBAx said:
i would also have to say Ichigo 100%

Agree 100%.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 9, 2009 8:53 AM

Mar 2008
dunno for me Ichigo 100% was good, the ending was open :)

also Slam Dunk, it's not that it's a crappy filler ending, just to bad it's not the real ending
who watched will understand
Anime Achievements
Nov 9, 2009 2:57 PM

Aug 2007
How about Trinity Blood and it's non-ending? That was highly enfuriating. Granted, there were reasons behind it but it was still annoying
Nov 9, 2009 7:25 PM

Mar 2007
I don't read the manga so I can't comment on it.

Claymore - I agree with most of the comments here. it could have been so much better

Trinity Blood - What a let down of an ending.

Berserk - How is it nobody mentioned this yet? I loved everything up until the last chapter. That so was NOT an ending, following manga or not. I hate being left hanging.

Junni Kokuki - Did they run out of money or something? The story isn't over and the anime just finished abruptly at the end of some chapter. Granted it's a chapter ending but not the ending of the book. Man, the Mangaka needs to finish the book so we can get the rest of the anime because this was one good series.
Nov 14, 2009 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
pandora hearts- ending sucked alot. i loved the whole anime except the end of it

skip beat- it wasnt a cliffhanger but falling off the cliff. you dont even know what happened. i was expecting another ep to fill everything in but then it said "END"

loveless- i didnt realy get the ending of nothing was explained

monochrome factor- too fast for an ending

sola- rushed

spiral- the plot went halfway then just stopped so that ending sucked

the good witch of the west- like sola and monochrome, it was rushed.

they were all pretty good animes until you hit the ending
JkuiNov 14, 2009 2:29 PM
Nov 14, 2009 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
lys0girl said:
pandora hearts- ending sucked alot. i loved the whole anime except the end of it

loveless- i didnt realy get the ending of nothing was explained

Both are based off still ongoing mangas so if you want more you can always pick them up.
Dec 10, 2009 1:41 AM
Jul 2007
GANTZS that endings is WTH?! THATS IT?!

at least the manga is awsome, u can watch up to episode 21, the skip to chapter 90 or so where it is left off, and then it gets waay better. especially whats going on currently in the manga
Dec 12, 2009 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
i agree. the anime's good done, but the ending? terrible.

and yeah, the latest gantz chapters are epic in every way.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Your worst anime experience? ( 1 2 )

XzaR - Oct 6, 2009

84 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:53 AM

Poll: » What browser do you use?

XzaR - Aug 24, 2010

5 by XzaR »»
May 29, 2023 4:06 AM

» Your first anime experience? ( 1 2 )

XzaR - Oct 1, 2009

76 by XzaR »»
May 29, 2023 2:18 AM

» [Game] Name that character ( 1 2 3 )

LoneWolfD - Mar 16, 2010

102 by DreamingGhost »»
May 28, 2023 8:21 PM

» Show your Desktop

XzaR - Apr 28, 2010

5 by DreamingGhost »»
May 28, 2023 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.