Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 23, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
So six episodes in and Inaho is still horrifyingly dull. Lmao @ him dropping formalities for 5 seconds somehow being akin to development or "showing a more human side". Dude with PTSD who's not even the MC is a more complex character than Inaho.

In any case, boy wonder doesn't save the day this time, but that's okay because show writers pull MC #2 out of their asses to get there just in time. Otherwise I didn't particularly care for this episode. This show is hovering around a 5 or 6 at the moment.
Aug 27, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2012
I already see where this is going, it will be Inaho vs. Slaine fighting over princess. I wonder how their first interaction with each other would be.

Still, pretty good episode, I would say the best so far. Some interesting revelations also, Magbaredge being the sister of soldier Marito failed to save (or rather killed by his action). Slaine being son of important scientist, possibly someone who was hooked in operation Tanegashima.

All in all, it's not like Martians doesn't know where he landed if they want him alive. Expect swift counterattack soon (or not for they are in other clan territory).
Aug 28, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2009
I actually found this episode to be the worst one. All these characters are so dull and one-dimensional.
The episodes are so predictable and every episode so far have been "monster" of the week.

Meh. One can only hope that Inaho dies and Slaine becomes the MC instead -_-.
AozureAug 29, 2014 9:37 AM
Aug 31, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2013
antonn said:
With Inaho's brain & Slaine's plot armor, Vers doesn't stand a chance.

^Lol.

Slaine is on the run and manages to escape. Saazbaum wants him alive though.
Hmm, Aldnoah Drive is pretty interesting. Also, UE HQ is in Russia? Cool.
Hopefully we'll get more info about Lt. Marito's past experience in Tanegashima.
Captain Magbaredge is the sister of John Humeray, the best friend of Lt. Marito!

Lol, Inaho uses a trainer again.
His brilliant plan almost failed this time, but Slaine is here for the rescue!
But really Slaine is looking for Inaho. I wonder how their meeting will go.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 1, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2008
我が眷属たちよ!
FLY MY KINSMEN! ROCKET PUNCH!
Sep 6, 2014 3:52 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, got me back into the anime. This could hardly be more epic.
Sep 13, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Slaiiiiiiinneeeeeeeeee <3 <3
Sep 20, 2014 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Wow! The infallible Nao is wrong, although it is strange, who knows ...! ^^"
Episode a little better in the plot, but the narrative is not taken down from what we saw earlier seeming almost a photocopy of the previous episodes, even if it manages to engage during clashes between mecha.
Drawings and animations good, very effective OST, I wait for the next episode to see if there will be the long awaited turnaround in the plot, or will prove an illusion.

Poor Nao, can not let his mecha orange! LOL
Sep 30, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
I'm still wondering how Earth can win this fight.. it's impossible. It's taking them many people and an awful lot of time to take down one martian robot. They're fucked if Martians would take this seriously... because now it looks like they're just toying with them.
Oct 2, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent episode, not as good as previous ones though.
Oct 28, 2014 3:24 AM
May 2012
Asseylum is so cute *^*
Slaine just went mission impossible right there. I am glad he managed to escape, though.
Heh, so they are siblings, huh. You know what to do, Marito :3
What a bitch!! She is hot, though. Slaine to the rescue!!

koroX said:
minouneetzoe said:

I felt so dumb when Inaho said that the color of the sky wasn't due to the water reflect but because of the Rayleigh or something like this. Then I checked on the net just to be sure and now I feel even dumber...

same here

I honestly don't know what the fuck Inaho was talking about.
Oct 30, 2014 1:49 PM
Nov 5, 2014 2:51 AM
Nov 2013
finally slaine Came on right time

Looks like MC always have plan to beat the enemy or its luck pretty high
Nov 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2009
That was a pretty flat episode, Nice to see more development for Lt. Marito though and Inaho showed more emotion this episode as he looked very distressed and smiled once haha
Nov 28, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2012
Great episode, looking forward to see what's next!
Dec 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2008
"My fists are each composed of a single macromolecule."
Can't... forget... science.
At least mention the macromolecule has a specialized structure like that of diamonds or something.

At least the two MCs meet for the first time.
That soundtrack is 2good.
TachiiDec 13, 2014 1:38 PM
Dec 17, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2014
Slaine save the day^^
finally Slaine official make his debut xD
Jan 4, 2015 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
This show would be a lot better if Inaho dropped dead and than no one cared. Than again this show would be a lot better if everyone dropped dead except the princesses little sister person, and the show turned into a moe school girl anime focusing on her and her adventures.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 2:56 PM

Jun 2012
hrrrrnnnggg Inko ><

Aug 8, 2015 3:13 AM
Jul 2014
Slaine to the rescueeeeeee
I'm glad we actually got a bit of a back story as to how the martians have all this power.. +1 for that.
Too bad I have to wait for the dubbed to come out to watch ep7 :(
Dec 22, 2015 10:31 PM

Dec 2012
lol Slaine escaped so easily. One would think they'd close off the hangar. *ding*

Uh oh. Slaine was wrong. Making the princess look not good. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 14, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2015
Nice to see some Marito development here.

Again, tons of soldiers who can't dodge the flying punches, but a cute girl can block.
Good and realistic how they were forced to abandon the ship, but... where are they going? what exactly do they have there to survive?
Dec 21, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
Past trauma for Marito is too op. The captain turns out to be the sister of his best friend who he murdered :0

Yay Slaine came and saved them at the end.
Oct 9, 2017 4:24 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, I was hoping that was Marito coming in to save them at the end but I guess PTSD to stronk. Not to mention finding out that the Captain is his best friend's sister :S Good buildup this episode though, the multi-arms and flying hands is a pretty interesting mech XD I can't believe Cruhteo (is that his name??) let Slaine STEAL AN AIRSHIP AND LEAVE??? Hello can't you close the hangar doors or something?! Seriously O_O I guess he ends up showing up and is gonna fight for the Earth team then ... then of course we'll have him finding Seylum again I guess lol. I wonder with that discussion she had with Inaho if she can "give" the Aldnoah power to Earth? Hmm ... although I guess she can just activate the technology she can't really just create it so that probably won't work lol
Mar 20, 2018 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
The scenes of Marito were the only good things in this episode. And Slaine...His escape make no sense. Everybody shooting him and nothing happens lol. I hate Inaho, why he is so perfect? The last scene is a plot convenience. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 13, 2020 4:24 PM

Feb 2018
I don't know ever know how sea made by...
Jun 8, 2020 4:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The declaration really stupid. Fuck that Marsitian crazy people. Gladly seeing Claine's at last success to run away and become a savior in the end. But still, the whole competition hype between him and Inaho really unnecessary. Lol. Why that conflict even happen in the first place. Poor Earth. Always become a nightmare place beyond some arrogant human.

At last, the war stated declared. Inaho and others classmate on war formed. Unbeliavable seeing the princess only sitting like nothing happen like that. Especially with that redhead girl. What is her intentions. The drama become more intensed. Even the enemy feel more powerful. Lets see how they survived from all the craziness
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 25, 2020 9:48 PM

Aug 2018
oooh slein saves everyone!! ost is just too good in this anime

Apr 20, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2013
The whole battle against the Martian, I was just waiting for Slaine to show up and save the day. And he did. I hope his and the princess' reunion is a cute one.
Jun 6, 2021 11:24 PM

Dec 2019
slaine and his plot armour to the rescue

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jun 8, 2021 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
Oh look at you her Mr Google, bringing down absolute justice in the form of dropping some truth bombs upon this unaware princess! LMAO, I love this part, seeing her get all flustered was cute, but knowing that she did so because she has been proven wrong is supremely satisfying, seems like the Martian's future ruler is dumber than a normal supergenius highschooler from Earth!

Wanna get all smart, here goes... Despite the fact that the kataphrakts are machines with absolutely superior capabilities, my sense of threat and impending doom is inversely proportional to the number of plot armours and asspulls that this series got for its characters. As more bullshit is pulled, I felt that there's no real danger involved, not to mention the quirky comedic reactions being expressed by some characters even during the fight. I can excuse Inaho's brilliant plan because that's the character he plays, a genius strategist, but not for everything else. Upon the death of one fo the student, I thought this series doesn't pull any punches, but hey, seems like none of the named characters from the surviving ship will die, only the ones who have never been introduced to the story, stop this...

The captain should know to ask advice and even cooperate closely with Inaho due to his amazing records of defeating 2 kataphrakts, and yet what did she do? Sit on her chair awaiting her death. You fool, motivated only by your brother's death.

Welp, pretty nice action sequence though.
Mar 13, 2022 7:07 AM

Jun 2009
LMAO

check out all the stormtroopers!
Apr 20, 4:34 PM

Dec 2022
Even Inaho asked what the fuck Aldnoah was, clear as day, directly to Asseylum, and he still didn't get a proper answer. From the little info she provided, you'd think it was some sort of primordial sentient biotech, but it could be a bunch of RGB keyboards and soundbars welded together for all I know. Aldnoah can apparently "awaken" and "recognise" other lifeforms, so is it a single entity that has a hivemind consciousness?

Shaded Horizon

Apr 21, 2:00 PM

May 2020
Slaine escaped from a ship which had 100s of men chasing after him and him alone, and not to forget, the ship itself is equipped with those super advanced security systems. This is not asspull, this is just bad writing lol.

Not to mention, the convenient timing he arrived at. Now this really would be a competition of plot armours between invincible-kun and Slaine.

Also that trauma, we will.. get done with that right?
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

533 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

470 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

723 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.