Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 5, 2011 7:57 AM
Jul 2010
So after all it isn't Hohenheim. I guess this would have a bigger impact without that silly dream last episode... But oh, well, the epicness of this episode is still there. Scar was pretty cool there, finally he's directing his anger at the right guys. And Gluttony was killed. But apparently, as long as they return to Father when they die, they can be recreated. With or without their memories, it seems. Also, why can Father use alchemy like that? What did he do to the room and why can Mei and Scar use alchemy there while Ed and Al can't? Is it because they use different types of alchemy and he only canceled the Western Alchemy? His comparison between humans and insects, what Envy said about the prosper world having not been created by humans and the way Ed interpreted the stone inscriptions in episode 26 get me to think he was indeed able to become the "perfect being". Though maybe not all that perfect, or else he wouldn't have a need for whatever he's doing, with all that importance of the human sacrifices... Well, whatever he is doing, it has to do with the Truth.
Nov 1, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
Kristyn said:
Atleast Ling wasn't turned into Lust :D?
XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2012 10:04 AM
Jul 2008
Yanoflies said:
Kristyn said:
Atleast Ling wasn't turned into Lust :D?
XD

I could see this in a parody episode :p
May 18, 2012 2:45 AM

Sep 2011
The "father" made Scar look so weak! Haha

Overall, pretty sick episode. Loved the battle scenes. =p
funkotakuMay 18, 2012 2:57 AM
May 29, 2012 6:13 PM
Jul 2009
I was kind of sad about Ling but then I realized what a badass Greed is (for a villian) I love how he's so chill about everything while everyone else is being melodramatic

great episoede over all 5/5 but I do agree with deiboom about the action being a bit rushed
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Oct 12, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2012
Damn lin changing in to greed and both of them losing the ability to use alchemy, dafuq is going on? Really great episode!
Nov 2, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
so the guy really is not Hohenheim huh?? :P

he seem to know Hohenheim very well.

maybe he's brother??

he can even use Alchemy without any motion O___O

and yeah what kind of magic did he use to be able to render the brother's alchemy useless??

so since this guy drank Greed when he died and turned into a philosopher's stone.

he lost his memories and was used inside of Ling.

i wonder if this Greed will remember his old memories since this guy can recreate the homunculus with memories intact.

now Ling Yao has Greed powers and swordsmanship.

i laugh when May Chang's image of Ed who is supposed to be taller and gentleman shattered XD

i wonder how May Chang and Scar was able to use Alchemy??

scar has a special alchemy through his hand and May Chang's alchemy is from east.

wtf Scar almost died from that guy.

i laugh when scar used Al's metal head for that explosion XD

so Ling is still inside of his body and was only taken over huh?

Gluttony dies, but he can still be revived with intact memories of course.

love the revelations!!

Gluttony dies, guess he still can be revived memories intact huh?

judging by the new opening, there seems to be even more characters in the upcoming episodes.

i love this series!!!

can't wait for the next one :D
Mar 28, 2013 7:28 PM
Apr 11, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't notice Greedling in the OP before.
:|
Jun 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
adamantine said:

Mei's vision of Edward was like Jack in Pandora Hearts, xD.
Omg yeah! So true! :D
Aug 2, 2013 6:36 AM

Jul 2013
Is the man who is the creator of Gluttony,Envy,Wrath and Lust also father of Al and Ed or I am just making it up ?
They(Ed,Envy and Lin) have finally been saved...
An eye has just been opened on the creator's forehead!!?? Scaryyy.
Greed took over the control of Ling's body... Noooo.
May Chang's EPIC disappointment... Hahahahaha.
Aug 20, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
Love how arakawa wrote Greed back into the story.That was one of the problems I had with the 2003 fma,you wrote out the most likable homunculus.
Sep 2, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
achmed-sama said:
Is the man who is the creator of Gluttony,Envy,Wrath and Lust also father of Al and Ed or I am just making it up ?
They(Ed,Envy and Lin) have finally been saved...
An eye has just been opened on the creator's forehead!!?? Scaryyy.
Greed took over the control of Ling's body... Noooo.
May Chang's EPIC disappointment... Hahahahaha.

No not Von Hohenheim, but someone who looks very similar to him. I think the mystery of who their father is, will take a lot longer to reveal.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 25, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah! He's still in there, somewhere! ^^

Wow, Scar is so cool when he gets serious (which is actually pretty much all the time).

Oct 19, 2013 2:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Greed/Ling will be an interesting player in this drama. And Scar will be a valuable ally too.

Envy must die-
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 25, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
Nooooooo lingggg
Dec 2, 2013 9:03 AM
Oct 2012
Oh my God definitely the best episode for now!!!

Greed is back, new mystery, scene how Mei imagined Edward, and badass SCAR!

QUICKLY to the next episode!!!!!!!
Dec 23, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2013
Ling reacted to Ran Fan D;

on a happier note, May Chang and smexy Edward xDDD
Dec 26, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2013
May's reaction when she found out the truth regarding Ed... hahahaha

that "father" looks exactly like Hohenheim though he has white hair compared to the latter who has yellow/blonde.. and he knows him... hmm.
Mar 19, 2014 7:13 AM

Jun 2011
Give LING back!! Good to see Greed again. Who is that "Father", he seems to know Hhh. Great to see Scar there, and May Chang. Overall great episode.

P.S. "Father" is hax.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 9, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
Wait what the hell did you do Ling?! I never liked you but noooo!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 10, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
HOoooly crap I LOVE where this went with Ling. I love that he did the unexpected and embraced the power. I love that there's a new-old Greed (who I really liked already). Awesome development and can't wait to see what happens to him.

I also liked the new OP. The voice is a little nasally but it's a good tune, fits the mood of the series.

What almost ruined the episode was Mei's entrance. It was clumsy, not funny, and just stilted the entire atmosphere. Why the fuck do they insist putting an unfunny gag show in the middle of a tense confrontation between three homunculi, Father, and the Elrics? It was wildly out of place. That little panda, no matter how cute, is out of place. If you'd removed Mei from everything that has happened so far, nothing really changes. Hopefully she either becomes relevant or goes away.

The ensuing fight was awesome, though. Scar is OP; he's so badass when his rage has been diverted to the right people. Father is even more OP, which makes him fun to watch.
NinahJun 10, 2014 8:31 PM
Sep 24, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2014
Hurrah for the big reveal.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 2, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
I'm loving Scar and Ling right now.
Dec 29, 2014 11:13 PM
May 2012
I didn't like how Ling just surrendered himself. Give us back Miyano Mamoru!!
Father is the preview narrator ahahaha.
Jan 18, 2015 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
Ok,so Father is not thier Father.Now the question is why the look so similar.
Actually,this episode brings up way more questions.
Nice to see the end of gluttony.
I wonder what will happen to Ling.
Feb 26, 2015 6:27 AM
Mar 2014
Mmh so now it is Greed+Ling huh, i hope they somehow can get Lin back.

'The father' is just OP damn, i wonder why the brothers couden't use alchemy annymore, but Scar and that litle girl could.
Mar 29, 2015 8:29 PM

Apr 2014
so much happened.

noooo Ling was one of my favorite characters and his voice was so amazing.....did they really have to replace his voice as well!?! he better be back soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2015 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
What a confusing episode, a lot of questions came up.
Jul 18, 2015 7:06 AM

Jun 2015
Gator said:
What a confusing episode, a lot of questions came up.
Jul 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Oct 2014
Greed Ling is awesome but I want normal Ling back! Good fight scenes and story though. Could a Scar, Mei, Ed, and Al alliance be in the works for the future, perhaps? And so "father" isn't actually Hohenheim, interesting. Also, Gluttony is gone now? (For now, anyways)
Aug 30, 2015 5:43 AM

Jul 2009
And now Ling is Greed! And homunculus's dad meet Ed and Al.
Dec 13, 2015 9:44 AM
Nov 2014
Greed is cool, but I want to see Ling back asap.
Dec 30, 2015 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
Very interesting episode, other pieces of the puzzle find their place and history is enriched by doubts and surprises, not bad part comic, drawings and animations good. :D
Dec 30, 2015 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Am I the only one who didn't want normal Ling back? Greed Ling is just awesome. Plus, Ling's still there.
Feb 4, 2016 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
What an episode :o

This Hohenheim double or what ever he is, seems to know a lot more about alchemy as anyone else. I didn't really understand what he did so that Ed and El couldn't use Alchemy anymore. Even more surprising was that Scar had no problems to use it still.

Hmm so Greed got the body of Ling but at one scene you could see that Ling is there. Can't wait to see what will happen with him.

Looking forward for the next episode!

Jul 16, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2015
I KNEW HE WASN'T THEIR FATHER!!! I'm curious about why he has his same face though :/
His father can't be one of those monsters (homon...etc) as he was eable to have children, but why doesn't he seem to age? I bet he asked her wife not to die, because he knew someday she would and he can't (maybe?) :(
I was so happy to see Al's body (though it's really deteriorated). I don't know why, but that scene made me put on Ed's shoes (as a big sister) and imagined as if my little sister would be on Al's condition. Of course I cried XD
Ling will be eable to come back to it's senses, but I think he will die when he does (as Greed said there was "no going back"). I bet he will do because of Lan Fan :) If he doesn't die, PLEASE make them be together <3

Oh, and I know it's from an old episode, but when Winry was crying because she couldn't shoot Scar, AND THEN ED HUGGED HER!!!! And then he said he would make her cry tears of happiness and she understood she loved him :')
I bet she will cry of happiness not only when they get their bodies back, but also when he proposes to her <3 <3 <3

Ok, now I'm done! Wow, this show keeps getting better and better!!
Oct 1, 2016 3:44 AM
Aug 2012
this was perfect and exciting each and every second
Nov 22, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
"Father" and van Hohenheim are not the same person. Father is quite strong, of course. And Scar vs. Father was epic.
Nov 24, 2016 3:22 AM

Aug 2016
Scar, i hate this guy but he is badass, lol
Jan 30, 2017 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
Ling just got more badass
Father at the beginning was really funny lol

Loved how Scar got to know the truth like, in the right time and by the right person
And he even believed!
Tired of animes these days that a secret remains a secret for eternity and ends up creating more and more misunderstanding, and when people tell them the truth they don't even believe anymore
Feb 27, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 2012
Ling as Lust would have been cool as hell, to be fair.
Jun 19, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
So it's not Hohenheim, just someone that looks similar to him, maybe a clone, or from a different timeline / universe ... idk. - His powers are way too overpowered though.
Weird how Scar and the little girl could still use their alchemy powers aswell.

We see Ling still hasn't given up on his body, reacting to Edwards comment abour Lan Fan.
Feb 27, 2018 12:13 PM

Sep 2017
They managed to show the power difference between "Father" and Scar, while still allowing Scar to be pretty badass. Actually they all had their moments in this one, but it was clear none of them are currently any match for Father if he was actually bothered about making any effort. Decent episode overall
Mar 13, 2018 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
I'm confused. So father is not the same as Edward's father but he looks exactly the same? Wtf

Goddammit Ling. That Greed for a philosopher stone actually made you Greed. He doesn't deserve to be Emperor after that stunt.

And Scar is going to be a good guy. I know it.
Dec 19, 2018 10:30 PM
Jun 2014
The jokes from Mei were out of place in such an intense episode. But damn, did not see Father being that powerful and looking like a clone of Hohenheim. Also didn't see Greedling coming. All this and still not even halfway through the show yet..
Jan 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Jun 2015
okay so hohenheim isnt "father", but its someone who looks like him? does that mean a possible twin brother, or a clone?
Jan 27, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Nooo, what have you done Ling! :( I hope he will retake control over his own body.
Apr 4, 2019 1:57 AM

May 2016
Edward sure knows how to make quite an entrance, bursting through Gluttony's gapig stomach with a gross giant monster and the prince of Xing. Their first meeting with Father was pretty peculiar with the big guy awkwardly asking their relation to Hohenheim while healing them without the slightest hint of effort.

Ling got his body taken over by Greed and Gluttony's reached his regeneration limit. Since Father can just recreate his babies, I wonder if there's any reason why he hasn't recreated Lust yet.

Aug 29, 2019 12:45 PM
Aug 2019
What a packed episode.

The birth of greedling, the meeting with father, the different alchemys
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.