Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 6:08 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was a really cheerful wedding for both Rudeus and Sylphy, I'm glad that they are happy with one another. It's also somewhat reassuring that Rudeus at least attempts to keep his libido in check. I wonder how Sylphy would react if she found the holy shrine of Roxy in the basement's secret room lol. It was quite the lighthearted volume, I can't help but worry about the inevitable disasters in the future.
Aug 8, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2009
Well yeah, the wedding was nice. Now Rudy and Sylphy have a house to live in! :D

Hope the family gets stable :)
Jun 30, 2015 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
This volume is such a mess.. no actually it's this entire school arc. Rudi has been such a boring character since his parting with Eris, I hope now that he finally has his confidence back that he will finally start doing something again. I mean come on, 3 volumes where he doesn't really gain any new skills or have any real conflicts besides a penis dysfunction....

Also, the relationship with Slyphy was wayyyyy too fast and done so poorly. We haven't seen Slyphy since volume 1 or 2 and then suddenly she re-appears and they hardly interact but when they finally reveal who she is, they just go and instantly get married. I don't feel any attachments to Slyphy now, honestly I feel like their relationship is just going to slow down this story even more. He's going to be held in place, he isn't going to quest out or do anything dangerous. He's not going to get stronger or anything cool. I hope Slyphy gets killed, or their marriage ends and Rudi can go do something interesting again.

I like romance but theirs is just boring. At least if he was with Eris, they probably would have continued adventuring or something.
appidoJun 30, 2015 7:26 AM
Jul 2, 2015 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
appido said:
This volume is such a mess.. no actually it's this entire school arc. Rudi has been such a boring character since his parting with Eris, I hope now that he finally has his confidence back that he will finally start doing something again. I mean come on, 3 volumes where he doesn't really gain any new skills or have any real conflicts besides a penis dysfunction....

Also, the relationship with Slyphy was wayyyyy too fast and done so poorly. We haven't seen Slyphy since volume 1 or 2 and then suddenly she re-appears and they hardly interact but when they finally reveal who she is, they just go and instantly get married. I don't feel any attachments to Slyphy now, honestly I feel like their relationship is just going to slow down this story even more. He's going to be held in place, he isn't going to quest out or do anything dangerous. He's not going to get stronger or anything cool. I hope Slyphy gets killed, or their marriage ends and Rudi can go do something interesting again.

I like romance but theirs is just boring. At least if he was with Eris, they probably would have continued adventuring or something.

Don't worry he even mentioned it himself that he was such a Slacker in this time frame.
Even went said could have been a Salarymen working for his family and died peacefully at an old age because there was no Conflicts.
S***'s gonna get real so just wait for it :P.

Also you have to keep in mind on how people view marriage,morals and whatnot in the MT world.
Its not unusual for someone to have three kids at Age 20 from what was mentioned in the LN and apparently 15 year old is already an Adult for them.
So our world's common sense can't connect.

Oct 2, 2015 9:53 PM
Oct 2015
Marriage was too Rush.I mean they could at least Date for 4 or 5 months.
Oct 4, 2015 2:30 AM

Apr 2014
K_T-1000 said:
Marriage was too Rush.I mean they could at least Date for 4 or 5 months.

To be fair.
That's how it is in this world.
I mean I can give examples of couples who married right off the bat.
Plus that this is a world where its a normal thing for a Woman to have Three children even before the age of 20.
Also I think that dating isn't really a requirement for Rudeus's and Sylphy.
They mutually love each other and they knew each other since childhood and knew other for some time as Fritts.

And from my understanding Dating is a Discovery phase.Trying to know each other.Which isn't really needed in their situation.

But yeah they could have dated for a bit.
Either way works for me.

Oct 4, 2015 9:42 AM
Oct 2015
Well I really Enjoy Reading the Chapter even though the Marriage being too Rush but I Really Love Reading the Interaction and Conversation between Rudi and Sylphy.Like how they Flirt with each other and how they spent time with Each other like taking bath together or just having Conversation about there future or Just talking about magic or their childhood together or anything else.

Maybe I am becoming too Much of Sylphy X Rudeus Fan but I just Love this Volume Too Much.
K_T-1000Oct 4, 2015 9:46 AM
Feb 25, 2016 5:45 PM
Mar 2012
Here's the volume 10 cover:

Feb 26, 2016 1:22 PM
Nov 2015
I have to say Sirotaka's lighting and rendering is really good. That is a quality that not many artists usually pay a lot of mind to.

Also, a lovely scene of Rudeus with Sylphy was a something i looked forward to in this volume. Glad to see it at the cover of this volume.
Feb 27, 2016 8:33 AM
Oct 2011
I'm impressed. It really fits the overall tone of that arc too.

Also Cliff, he's more of a midget than I thought he'd be :D Or well, just seems like it in the pic.
Apr 14, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2016
appido said:

Agreed. The amount of self-fulfillment fantasizing is ridiculous. I wonder if his original fans were like "fuck off already" or "get on with it".
Apr 14, 2016 8:46 PM
Nov 2015
Don't know about some of you but erectile dysfunctions is pretty fucking serious. I don't think there is any spell in MT that can cure that.
Apr 14, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2016
There really didn't need to be a chapter describing them looking through different rooms to find nothing. At least add some comedy or something there, goddamn.

looks like it doesn't get any better, dropped
FragOutFireApr 14, 2016 9:16 PM
Apr 17, 2016 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
FragOutFire said:
There really didn't need to be a chapter describing them looking through different rooms to find nothing. At least add some comedy or something there, goddamn.

looks like it doesn't get any better, dropped

It actually does get a bit better in the later volumes, I finished it a while ago so i can't remember which ones, maybe like 18+. But the school arc is just really painful and boring and it continues being like that for at least a few more volumes I think.
Apr 18, 2016 9:06 AM
Nov 2015
Personally I find it one of the most enjoyable arc in in the wn simply because it takes a step back from all the action to focus on the character relations and how our mc acts and thinking patterns are like under situations that doesn't involve danger or adventuring. Rather than building relationship with others under those conditions, it is better to do so in a moment of stability. Also, the romance in it was done well. They knew each other for a year and hooked up. Nothing really sudden.
Jun 20, 2017 3:26 AM

Feb 2011
What a great disappointment, I think I should stop reading this for now. The author made us love eris then suddenly made rudeus end up with other woman.
Nov 6, 2017 5:27 AM
Jan 2016
FragOutFire said:
appido said:

Agreed. The amount of self-fulfillment fantasizing is ridiculous. I wonder if his original fans were like "fuck off already" or "get on with it".

My exact thoughts this thing gone from another potential lover to directly cheating can't hope but feel sylphitte needs to die all for one word this volume is "autistic" and only will please those who are socially awkward who long for love and friends
Even Kirito is better than this MC. I liked him before better at least he was essentric otaku full of manly dreams guy
Nov 25, 2017 1:19 AM

Jan 2016
Skyrim said:
What a great disappointment. The author made us love eris then suddenly made rudeus end up with other woman.

I agree with this. I really love eris... but why?? :(

appido said:

Agreed. I hope we can move into the next arc as soon as possible.This wedding arc is the biggest disappointment.
Jun 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Sep 2020
I have mixed feeling about Sylphie.
I can get by when they became lovers on volume 9, but getting married after just that? Its happened way too quickly. Im glad that Rudeus is back to his usual self but the development between them felt kinda rushed. He's definitely still not over Eris which makes his relationship with Sylphie looks forced and unnatural.

-I was thinking of this when he first got into the weird religion thing, but he really went with it huh. A hidden shrine for GOD!
-That was unexpected, when Sylphie asked for Lise I though she would asked something quirky but it turns out much bigger lol.
-Nanahoshi potential heroine?
-I cant wait for Eris to get back she's already Saint tier in two swords style. Hype!
-That last scene with God is hilarious.
Oct 12, 2021 6:04 PM

Feb 2018
After 3 years fight with an Impotent, now Rudeus get some mail / letter idfk, it was wedding letter, and yeah Rudeus married Sylphy, they build some home and spend their time together, meet Ruijerd after long time, meet Aisha and Norn back
Nov 16, 2021 6:55 PM

Jul 2009
appido said:

Well you got your wish, you evil bastard.
Dec 31, 2021 8:12 AM
Oct 2014
imo the worst volume so far :( I kinda still miss Eris and as much as I loved (and was frustrated) by how cute Sylphie and Rudy were in volume 9 a lot of this volume kinda felt weird.. Ruijerd kind of summed it up well at the end, he's happy they're happy, but it kinda just feels wrong.. the entire volume has an air of sadness about it.
Rudy still hasn't gotten over Eris and Sylphie has Rudy on so much of a pedestal that theres no way that can be healthy.. almost as if everythings only being set up so that it can crumble later.

Reminds me of the "romance" arc in SAO, where the AI baby appeared an they lived "happily" in that cottage, but in reality it al felt fake and put on.

I think Sylphie and Rudy genuinely want to be together, but i also think they're forcing things because theyre scared of being alone. Like they're just "playing" at marriage. Idk how to explain it...

Anyway, Will see what happens I guess =P
Jordanious77Dec 31, 2021 8:18 AM
This is an official MAL signature. Monogatari is the best anime. Thank you for your time.
Jan 7, 2022 12:06 PM
Feb 2016
Jordanious77 said:
imo the worst volume so far :( I kinda still miss Eris and as much as I loved (and was frustrated) by how cute Sylphie and Rudy were in volume 9 a lot of this volume kinda felt weird.. Ruijerd kind of summed it up well at the end, he's happy they're happy, but it kinda just feels wrong.. the entire volume has an air of sadness about it.
Rudy still hasn't gotten over Eris and Sylphie has Rudy on so much of a pedestal that theres no way that can be healthy.. almost as if everythings only being set up so that it can crumble later.

Reminds me of the "romance" arc in SAO, where the AI baby appeared an they lived "happily" in that cottage, but in reality it al felt fake and put on.

I think Sylphie and Rudy genuinely want to be together, but i also think they're forcing things because theyre scared of being alone. Like they're just "playing" at marriage. Idk how to explain it...

Anyway, Will see what happens I guess =P
worst Because you salted haha , but It's okay a lot Eris fan upset about volume 10 and i feel that LOL
Feb 26, 2023 2:22 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Some parts were quite cute, but it was boring mist of the time. Rudeu's perverse thoughts really took over in this volume, in every sentence it was made clear how much he would like to do this and that with Sylphie lol. Didn't expect to see Ruijerd back in action so soon, but I have a feeling it was the last time, his last words that he will definitely come back...
Apr 6, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2021

What Eris did was messed up.  Even if you understand her intentions, she never wrote a letter and left Rudy in the lurch.

Sylphy is a much more sympathetic character for a love interest out of the two.

I'm glad Rudy married her.

Aug 13, 2023 2:22 PM
Oct 2017
Really liked the romance in this volume. 

Why are people still talking about Eris though? Fitz/Rudy interacted A LOT these past 2 volumes and fell in love, it was all very wholesome.

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

10 by Azuchi »»
Mar 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.