Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, pretty good episode. The rivalry between Sebastian and that Suit gut was just amusing. Of course, I liked Sebastian's performance better.

It looks like Doll saved Ciel on time. I find her personality to be amusing though when she sort of teases him. That was just priceless. I still find Snake to be a dangerous character in this arc still. I also hope Ciel gets better soon.
Stark700Aug 7, 2014 11:19 AM
Aug 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:

Ah, pretty good episode. The rivalry between Sebastian and that Suit gut was just amusing. Of course, I liked Sebastian's performance better.

It looks like Doll saved Ciel on time. I find her personality to be amusing though when she sort of teases him. That was just priceless. I still find Snake to be a dangerous character in this arc still. I also hope Ciel gets better soon.

Agreed. Sebastian has a talent when it comes to showing off, but damn will for interfering at the last moment. I remember when that happened in the manga, and he still irritates me. (That moment with Beast is going to irritate me too.)

He is, given all the snakes he has under his belt. I recall the havoc he wreaked in the Murder arc, before.. well I won't spoil it for those who haven't read up to date on Kuro. Doll is alright, I didn't care much for her then, and I don't care for her now though seeing her tease Ciel again is funny, but remember what happens at the end of the Circus arc.. well I won't spoil that either. Lol.

Aw, poor Ciel. It wasn't easy reading that part way back when the Circus arc was going on, and it still wince worthy seeing it animated. I feel bad for him having such a severe asthma attack (he inherited from his mother.), but I loved seeing him recalling Madame Red, his mom; Rachel, and Lizzie standing over him, that was sweet with a little sadness mixed in.

Funny moments were good too, and barely any filler this time (YES!). I'm wondering how the Manor fight scene will go, and Prince Soma next episode, and Sebastian using his sleep ability on Ciel.. Speaking of episodes, only 5 more left. (Is it just me or are they rushing this arc a bit.)

And Sebastian and Ciel in a chest.. Oh Yana you tease.

Aug 7, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2009
This episode was so good. Can't wait to watch it with subs.
Bad bad Sebastian releasing the snakes even though Ciel was still in Joker's tent. Tsk, the way they like to tease each other is cute but sometimes I think it's a bit too much, I feel bad for Ciel. xD The face he makes as he confronts Sebastian about it and Sebastian is all like 'yep, I did it, so what' with his smug expression. Tsk tsk. xD
Ahh, it's the fifth episode and Ciel is already sick which means, if I remember correctly from the manga, we'll have at least another 4 episodes of him being sick. Or was he sick until the end of the arc? It's cute but also makes me want to cuddle him and make him soup and dote on him. Sebastian better start acting more concerned and... idk, feed him or something. xD
Really great episode, I was happy they animated Ciel and Doll's goodbye after Ciel lied about being a thief. Ciel's fake smile fading and leaving us with his sad face, ouch my heart. 5/5
Aug 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
That asthma attack that Ceil had looked pretty bad.
William still despises Sebastian, I'm kinda surprised that the performance was short I thought Sebastian was going to show off a bit more.
I didn't expect Doll to be Freckles that scene was very funny.
Aug 7, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty awesome episode.

I really wouldn't suspect Doll and Freckles are the same person.
Sebastian's naughty side is just so very amazing:')
But poor Ciel...as an person who also happens to have asthma,it just hit too close to home...
Aug 7, 2014 3:30 PM
Apr 2013
Might have been my favorite episode by far. The pacing was great, the plot moved a great deal and still left time for a lot of decent humor this show does well too.

Poor Ciel though...
Aug 7, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2014
I can't get over how Snake changes voices. It was amazing.

Black_wind said:
Pretty awesome episode.

I really wouldn't suspect Doll and Freckles are the same person.
Sebastian's naughty side is just so very amazing:')
But poor Ciel...as an person who also happens to have asthma,it just hit too close to home...

Same here, I tend to forget he's human but seeing him sick always upsets me a bit.
Aug 7, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2011
Awww, poor Ciel is getting exhausted from all of manual labor he has to do in the backstage.

LOL, the timing for the sprained ankle or w/e was too well timed to be a coincidence... or who knows XD.

Dagger's "pure maiden reaction" vision sure kicked in lol.

The performance that Sebastian and William managed was really great XD.

I was sure that Ciel hid in the chest, since there was no other place where he could have hidden... but the fact that Sebastian would be inside with him didn't cross my mind lol.

Ohooo, that letter contained info on Ciel and his family. Damn, it looks like Ciel was found by Doll in area where the tents of the first stringers are.

Hmmm, but couldn't Snake talk to his snakes? Or was that just an act I wonder...

Hahahaha, Ciel got to touch some rather flat boobies while finding out that Doll is Freckles XD.

I'm boarding the Ciel x Doll ship now!

Well clearly poor Ciel is sick and will need treatment... asthma huh... the same thing that I've got it would seem...

Of course, Snake told Joker what his snakes said and now the first stringers are onto Ciel and Sebastian.

Once again William had to interfere with Sebastian's business.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 7, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2014
I was sort of confused about why Ciel's asthma doesn't kick in when he's doing some heavy physical activities, and I guess it's been answered this episode. Can't wait for the action next episode.
Aug 7, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, didn't expect Doll and Freckles to be the same person. I feel bad for Ciel, he seemed pretty ill. It's Hilarious how Sebastian and William hate each other. >.<
Aug 7, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2010
Aww Ciel- baby is having an Asthema fit. Still I think William and Sebastian are a magnificent couple! I mean look at Will! He'll give Sebby-chan a hard time next episode I think!
Aug 7, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2007
Sabby still got chance to serve Ciel. Finally got some chance to investigate even though they are busy. Sabby vs. Shinigami on stage. Letter with Ciel's name?!

So his sempai is a female. Ciel got the same sick from before. That snake user reported about the pair (is that really Terashima-san's voice?) That conversation through the finger...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2007
Wow, to see Madame Red again....

Health issues are terrible. I don't have asthma, but I am allergic to a lot of things (mostly nature related) so I can get a feel of what he goes through. Poor boy.

And of course Snake's amazing way of portraying what his friends say. I didn't expect such a deep voice lol
Aug 7, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't remember Doll's identity at all. God I really need to re-read the manga, don't I.
Aug 7, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2012
Waaaa.. did not expect Doll and Freckles to be one person at all.
Aug 7, 2014 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
As usual, another good episode. I'm curious to find out who "Father" is.

[spoiler] I just read this part in the manga today. I'm really glad that the episode was almost identical to what is in this manga, though I must admit I was sad that they took out the part with Doll sleeping in Ciel's bed. [spoiler]]

Can't wait for next week!
Aug 7, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
madam red made a special appearance O_O

i didn't expect doll and freckles to be the same person. i thought freckles was a guy to be honest.

great episode.

i think daisuke ono might've had a cold while voicing sebastian for this episode
Aug 7, 2014 9:24 PM
Mar 2012
Freckles finally revealed to be Doll XD
Aug 7, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2012
Ahhh..Sebby..Sebby..Sebby..Had to be a "vermin" Hahahahaha! That bit cracked me up soo much! William is such a weirdo and his sense of fashion is soo off. He doesnt seem to relax at all either. Great job from Sebby-chan to pull off with the stunt and all.

And to think that he would release the snakes knowing full well that Ciel was still there. What a vemin indeed but thats why we love him! <3

And next episode sould be interesting, cant wait for that!

But Doll being that girl totally surprised me!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 7, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2014
I love Snake, I totally love Snake, I absofuckinglutely love Snake! *makes a happy dance*
That is all.

Doll? o_O Is THAT you?

I must say I'm impressed. Ciel talking with Sebastian in signs (or whatever to call that) was awesome. I should have expected that. I wonder why Sebastian doesn't just read Ciel's mind, while he's at it. Or, are there things our demon can't do? :D

Douglas24 said:
I thought Sebastian was going to show off a bit more.
I was actually counting on that. I was like, dude, where the heck you charm has gone? I though you get off on this kind of stuff.

lovelyphantom said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Glad I'm not the only one. *hyperventilating*
And that ED gets me every time. It's a combination of sad, sweet and (in lack of a better word) seductive. I mean, who hugs it's food so gently and then kisses it while cooking it? I know I don't.
/obsessive fangirl mode.
Aug 7, 2014 9:56 PM

May 2012
Adellaeda said:
I love Snake, I totally love Snake, I absofuckinglutely love Snake! *makes a happy dance*
That is all.

Doll? o_O Is THAT you?

I must say I'm impressed. Ciel talking with Sebastian in signs (or whatever to call that) was awesome. I should have expected that. I wonder why Sebastian doesn't just read Ciel's mind, while he's at it. Or, are there things our demon can't do? :D

Douglas24 said:
I thought Sebastian was going to show off a bit more.
I was actually counting on that. I was like, dude, where the heck you charm has gone? I though you get off on this kind of stuff.

lovelyphantom said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Glad I'm not the only one. *hyperventilating*
And that ED gets me every time. It's a combination of sad, sweet and (in lack of a better word) seductive. I mean, who hugs it's food so gently and then kisses it while cooking it? I know I don't.
/obsessive fangirl mode.

Hahahahaha!! Reading your reply is making me snicker soo much!
And Yana is a big tease! Soo much!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 7, 2014 10:11 PM

Apr 2014
I honestly didn't think that Book of Circus would be very different from the arcs in the second season, but so far I find that it's a much darker story with some more frightening undertones. The animation is much better this time around.

The first question is, what dialect is Joker speaking? I think it was mentioned before, but I don't remember the name. Is it something that his seiyuu Mamoru Miyano had to learn, or was it something that he knows already? It sounds pretty different from conventional Japanese, and I can say that in English it's pretty difficult to accurately portray an accent through and through.

I noticed that Sebastian is more apt to take his own actions. He's more manipulative in this arc, not blindly following Ciel's commands, but instead using him as a chess piece, manipulating his words and making a game out of being a butler. It really helps remind the watchers that he is a demon whose only goal is to eat Ciel's soul, a fact which can often be pushed into the background during the other seasons of this anime, because we lose track of his more sinister side.

Though I'd heard it mentioned before, it was still a surprise when we learned that Ciel has asthma, and can use Morse code. I was wondering why he never seemed to suffer from it in the first and second seasons when it would've played a big role in his actions, especially when he fights Alois or has to deal with the more dramatic scenes. I guess this does show that he isn't all-powerful and even his butler, who seems to be able to solve any problem, can't help him with his asthma.

So far, a compelling story! In terms of action, it's a bit slow, but I like where this is going and the episodes give just the right amount of information.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 7, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
snake is absolutely adorable. why is he so cute ugh.

also i was so not expecting doll to be freckles. that came out as a complete shock to me. overall an interesting episode that went by really quickly, william will never fail to amuse me.
Aug 7, 2014 11:56 PM

Dec 2012
forgot about ciel knowing morse code. huh.

William's a little bitch. Why is he always in the way.

great ep. I see they made the asthma attack scene a little less... suggestive as they did in the manga. I don't care either way. Poor Ciel though, I can't imagine dumping cold water on myself when it's freezing outside... that's how people get hypothermia.
Aug 8, 2014 1:37 AM
Jul 2010
Asrun said:
I didn't remember Doll's identity at all. God I really need to re-read the manga, don't I.

You're not the only one. It was a nice re-surprise though xD
Aug 8, 2014 2:14 AM
Aug 2011
Cannot take Will seriously with those clothes.

Snakes voices are amazing.

swaggahsaurus said:
I honestly didn't think that Book of Circus would be very different from the arcs in the second season, but so far I find that it's a much darker story with some more frightening undertones. The animation is much better this time around.

The first question is, what dialect is Joker speaking? I think it was mentioned before, but I don't remember the name. Is it something that his seiyuu Mamoru Miyano had to learn, or was it something that he knows already? It sounds pretty different from conventional Japanese, and I can say that in English it's pretty difficult to accurately portray an accent through and through.

Yeah neither did I. This arc has definitely has been a surprise for me so far.
This is going to sound stupid but it's kind of embracing it's shounen roots more when it usually tends to feel more shoujo-ish.
Not that shoujo can't have unsettling dark atmospheres, but you get me right?

Animation is better as a whole, though the quality seemed to slip here a bit BUT it's A-1... can't be helped.

Minna-han~ Joker speaks in Kansai dailect. I'm assuming Miyano had to learn it- he's killing it this season with his roles.

You're right about Sebastian being more manipulative, he won't let Ciel die but a wounded Ciel would provide him some amusement.
Quite sinister.
standAug 8, 2014 2:18 AM
Aug 8, 2014 2:33 AM

Nov 2013
I'm probably the only one to be saying this but i think this may be the AOTS for me.

I've been easily enjoying this show so much each episode.
Aug 8, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2010
Asrun said:

Hahaha me too XD I read the manga and was still surprised XD I totally forgot that Freckle's was a girl too lol

Sebby and William's hatred is for real. This is no tsuntsun act. It's pure "I hate u" XD
William is annoying me with how he keeps stopping Sebastian though -.-

And totally loving how Snake changes his voice that much. Dat range is amazing :O
Aug 8, 2014 3:24 AM

Mar 2014
That... is not what an asthma attack is like. I've had 'em bad. There's no vomiting or coughing really. But I suppose Ciel had some kind of asthma/fever/cold combination, and especially in the manga, Toboso-sensei wanted to put in extra yaoi fluids all over the place. You'd know what I mean if you'd read the manga.

I'd totally forgotten that Freckles was Doll... suppose I read the manga quite some time ago. Loved hearing Akira Ishida doing all the snake voices at once.
Still can't wait for Grell to make an appearance, as promised in the episode 3 teaser!
Aug 8, 2014 8:59 AM
Jul 2014
Good episode :) Doll is such a teaser lol xD she cracked me up when she said "you wanna touch me down there too?" lol I feel like we need more girls like her in anime/manga (I'm not talking about the touching part, it's her personality).

Sebastian did another good performance :) of course he always does... Such a showoff *g*

aww Snake is such a funny guy xD he's weird in a cute way haha. I love how the Seiyuu changes his voice depending on the snakes xD
Aug 8, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2010
I'm enjoying this series so much that I caved and re-read the manga. I have no regrets. Looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 8, 2014 10:35 AM
May 2014
One of the best episodes yet, things actually start to happen! We find out that Doll is actually sharing Ciel's tent (and is a girl!) so I can't wait to see how that turns out.

I think Sebastian deserved that bit of fun considering how much of Ciel's shit he's put up with ;)
Aug 8, 2014 10:36 AM
Dec 2011
If Freckles is a girl what was she planning to do in the men's bathroom ?
Only take off Ciel's clothes and wash him without taking her clothes and wash ?
Was she shotacon ?
Aug 8, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
Snake's voice for Wordsworth, man...

Pretty good episode! Laughed so hard when Doll/Freckles proved that she was a girl. XD
Aug 8, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode :) they're doing a decent job adapting this arc so far.
Aug 8, 2014 4:56 PM

May 2011
Continuing to laugh about Sebastian and William's prickly time together as they continue to get shoved together. Out of all the people there it was certainly luck that Ciel ran into Doll. Anyone else and I wouldn't see them believing him like that.
Aug 8, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
that snake guy looks dangerous
Aug 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode, the first half of the season is build it up and now in the second half sh!t gets realer then real :O

A different voice for each of Snake's snakes XD

Beast looking mighty fine ;)
Asthma :( completely forgot about that.
Aug 8, 2014 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
I don't entirely get why Ciel having the Caduceus on his back needs to be kept a secret. Couldn't he mass it off as a tattoo or body paint? Did I miss something?
Aug 9, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Kuroshitsuji always leaves me wanting for more and that's just a testament of how good it is. Besides the very interesting story we have now,I can't help but want to know more about Sebastian's past,the things he's seen & experienced,etc. It was the same during the 1st season,which makes me wonder if there isn't an arc dedicated to that or a few bits & pieces of dialogue scattered throughout the entire series. The series seems to like to tease us with that every now & then like when Sebastian said last "I've long since tired of ripping into every soul I see." to William. Whenever I hear something like that I'm like "CONTINUE! I want to know more !". Is there more to these to these little reveals than meet's the eye? Maybe,but we'll might never find out. Then again,I find this subtle teasing quite enjoyable,despite also wanting to know more,so maybe it's better this way.
Aug 9, 2014 5:32 PM

May 2009
swaggahsaurus said:
I honestly didn't think that Book of Circus would be very different from the arcs in the second season, but so far I find that it's a much darker story with some more frightening undertones.

Ah, why would you think that, book of circus is completely taken out of the manga (apart from a few tiny scenes) while season 2 had nothing to do with the manga whatsoever, the story is 100% different so the arcs being similar doesn't make sense. =) BOC is way better, I'm glad they decided to anime the noah's ark circus arc. ^^
Aug 9, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
RedReaper said:
That... is not what an asthma attack is like. I've had 'em bad. There's no vomiting or coughing really. But I suppose Ciel had some kind of asthma/fever/cold combination, and especially in the manga, Toboso-sensei wanted to put in extra yaoi fluids all over the place. You'd know what I mean if you'd read the manga.

I'm thinking Ciel caught a cold/virus, also had an asthma attack from all the running and lifting and cold and stress, and basically the coughing and stuff made him throw up because of the virus... hard to explain, but that's my theory.
Aug 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2009
warriorsftw said:
RedReaper said:

I'm thinking Ciel caught a cold/virus, also had an asthma attack from all the running and lifting and cold and stress, and basically the coughing and stuff made him throw up because of the virus... hard to explain, but that's my theory.

If you recall he was coughing and his cheeks and nose was red so he did have a fever of some sort. Also, not all asthma cases are the same, if you recall his memory flash back he was in a similar condition once before, and he did inherit this from his mother (btw, the white flowers he keeps in the mansion are to help with his asthma. Also remember he's allergic to cats.). That's what I remember, (I seriously need to re-read, Yana even re-read her own work, calling it foolish mind you all, while helping with this season.)

So, for those of you who have read the manga up to date, or to the Manor Murder arc, are you ready to see what happens to Doll in the end?? I can't wait to be honest.

Aug 9, 2014 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't know Asthma caused vomiting from what we saw with ciel
Aug 10, 2014 5:28 AM

May 2011
since I read the manga, I knew that there's something strange about doll but I forgot that he's hiding his true identity, and I knew that Freckles is female but I totally forgot that they're the same person, I was really surprised. :D

Seeing Sneak changing his voice as he talks is really amusing, you can't laugh like that while reading the manga. ;)
Aug 10, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Wait. Freckles is a girl?! Wow I had no idea. I didn't expect her to be Doll either.

Aug 10, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
Adellaeda said:
That is all.

Oh yes! Snake is love. Snake is life.

Aug 10, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2014
dash2justice said:
I don't entirely get why Ciel having the Caduceus on his back needs to be kept a secret. Couldn't he mass it off as a tattoo or body paint? Did I miss something?

He probably doesn't want to have anything recognizable, to be as plain and unimportant as possible. Plain = easier to be forgotten. And if someone knows what the branding means, they probably know that he shouldn't be alive. And (and I'm not sure of this), the children who were supposed to be sacrificed, weren't all children of nobility? I don't know why I got that impression...

ChaoticSilence said:

Now I need another signature. I need to somehow stuff Snake in there. Desperately XD
Aug 11, 2014 3:46 PM
Nov 2012
Will is starting to get freakin' annoying. Get off Sebastian's back already man!
Aug 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2009
BloodRavyne said:
I didn't know Asthma caused vomiting from what we saw with ciel

It can.
The child may complain of chest tightness and shortness of breath. When the mucus accumulates, the child may cough in an effort to expel it. Sometimes children swallow the mucus, which causes them to vomit. :http://www.tau.ac.il/~volovitz/en/videoTranscription.html#p3-2

There is also :
Ipecacuanha -- for those with asthma, particularly children, who have significant tightness in the chest, a chronic cough with lots of phlegm that may lead to vomiting, and worsening of symptoms in hot, humid weather

Source: Asthma | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/asthma#ixzz3ACm6GWwU
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

So it can happen, it's just not commonly heard of.

Adellaeda said:
dash2justice said:

He probably doesn't want to have anything recognizable, to be as plain and unimportant as possible. Plain = easier to be forgotten. And if someone knows what the branding means, they probably know that he shouldn't be alive. And (and I'm not sure of this), the children who were supposed to be sacrificed, weren't all children of nobility? I don't know why I got that impression...

ChaoticSilence said:

Now I need another signature. I need to somehow stuff Snake in there. Desperately XD

If I recall correctly, during the scene when Ciel was getting new clothes Sebastian had to cover the mark from the tailor. It was a hilarious moment watching Sebby having to move out of her way while keeping that mark hidden. There's also the reason that it ties him to his past and he doesn't like people questioning where he got it from.

LOL. Adellaaeda I think I see you can. I see a nice space between L and Loveless, and there is some space between Grell and Yoite.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

146 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

92 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.