Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 7, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2013

so we got som,e shots of Jonathan and the gang
this anime is setting up for a tragedy poor sacchan T-T
[/quote]
Aug 7, 2014 11:34 PM
Nov 2013
Damn, Okikura got punched by Yuki and bitch slapped by Yanagi. The drama is gonna be very complicated in this one.
I just want Hiro and Sacchan to be together, but I'm pretty sure Sacchan is in lesbians with Touko. Oh well. The scenery is pretty.
Aug 7, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2012
So much violence in one episode! Where's the love? LOL!! Seriously though, I was waiting for the awaited kiss that never came!! :(

Neither of the 2 girls should end up with either guys! Yuki is a short-tempered, jealous guy while David is an aloof, tent-sleeping robot.

HIRO SHOULD END UP WITH ALL 3 GIRLS!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 7, 2014 11:41 PM

Jun 2014
r0ykun said:

I just want Hiro and Sacchan to be together, but I'm pretty sure Sacchan is in lesbians with Touko.

LOL! But it sure does seem that way!
Aug 7, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2012
All this teenage angst
Aug 7, 2014 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like Okikura x Touko is happening. Damn it they just have to cut it when its getting to the good part.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 8, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
that was defs best episode yet.
david being a bit of a douche and probs deserved both that slap and the punch
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 8, 2014 1:38 AM

Feb 2014
David makes this whole anime. All he is doing is making people realize what they really want, while searching himself.
Aug 8, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2013
I would marry Touko, she's too cute. I love brunette women!

And talk about that slap. I would've been like ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) just kidding.

Aug 8, 2014 2:28 AM

Oct 2013
Sacchan and hiro are the best just make the anime for them <3
Aug 8, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2010
MrNTR said:
The punch was unnecessary but I can let it pass as Yuki being frustrated cuz he clearly realizes that he was losing to Kakeru. I can also understand him being sensitive to the issue of Yana's confession since it complicates his situation. It was an irrational action but human emotions can be like that.

Kakeru's challenge to Yuki is of the same nature. What he wants to do is force Touko is reveal her feelings. He knew he couldn't beat Yuki in a race so if Touko didn't feel that strongly about him, then that would be end of them. If she did feel strongly about him, then she would choose him even if he lost. I think he understands that it was a douche thing to put Touko up as some kind of trophy but, like he said, he wanted to know that Touko is on his side. Forceful, yes, but being decisive and a bit aggressive is definitely not a bad thing. Once Touko makes a choice, it would put an end the conflict he has with Yuki and force Yuki to respond to Yana's feelings.

I take it Touko's attraction towards Kakeru is more of a "love at first sight" kinda of thing since she was already falling in love with him before they even had that much interactions. From what he said, I guessing Kakeru already knew about Touko through his visions of the future, which was why he was so proactive in approaching her but the details are still unclear.
Brxck said:
David makes this whole anime. All he is doing is making people realize what they really want, while searching himself.
Aug 8, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2010
A good episode, but everything got only more complexed, and none of the problems really got resolved.
Aug 8, 2014 4:50 AM

May 2009
David crying left me wondering what happened... what exactly happened. I want to see it in the next ep
Aug 8, 2014 5:10 AM
Mar 2013
Ok, i have no idea what happened, can someone explain it to me.
Aug 8, 2014 5:28 AM

May 2013
Nice ep.
Aug 8, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2010
Slaps and punches flew like it's "The O.C." light
Oh well at least Hiro and Sacchan are having a good time
Loving the piano pieces played at the background
Aug 8, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2013
MrNTR said:
The punch was unnecessary but I can let it pass as Yuki being frustrated cuz he clearly realizes that he was losing to Kakeru. I can also understand him being sensitive to the issue of Yana's confession since it complicates his situation. It was an irrational action but human emotions can be like that.

Kakeru's challenge to Yuki is of the same nature. What he wants to do is force Touko is reveal her feelings. He knew he couldn't beat Yuki in a race so if Touko didn't feel that strongly about him, then that would be end of them. If she did feel strongly about him, then she would choose him even if he lost. I think he understands that it was a douche thing to put Touko up as some kind of trophy but, like he said, he wanted to know that Touko is on his side. Forceful, yes, but being decisive and a bit aggressive is definitely not a bad thing. Once Touko makes a choice, it would put an end the conflict he has with Yuki and force Yuki to respond to Yana's feelings.

I take it Touko's attraction towards Kakeru is more of a "love at first sight" kinda of thing since she was already falling in love with him before they even had that much interactions. From what he said, I guessing Kakeru already knew about Touko through his visions of the future, which was why he was so proactive in approaching her but the details are still unclear.

This, this is a good comment, and it actually makes sense.
Aug 8, 2014 6:29 AM
Nov 2013
Jaythor said:
MrNTR said:

This, this is a good comment, and it actually makes sense.

I agree. (Sadly) I didn't understand this until I read this, but I'm glad someone pointed this out.
Aug 8, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2012
Im so greatful for Sachi and Hiro.
They are so cute! Their moments gives us a break from all this drama.

Nevertheless, as much as a douche move Kakeru did in this episode, his intentions were not malicious. He obviously was just not aware of the potential outcomes and misunderstandings that it can make.
Aug 8, 2014 7:06 AM
Dec 2008
Yeah, Kakeru definitely deserved that punch and slap. I'm still not sure about this series overall. It severely lacks characterization and backstory. Touko is probably the worst PA main character I've seen.

And that glass making is BS and total waste of time, why can't they just make her peak into the future at random?
Aug 8, 2014 8:19 AM

May 2013
I don't know if Kakeru confessed at the end or what. He got punched and slapped. He had a bad day. In the end, he felt good about it.
Aug 8, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, this has to be the first ep where something actually happen. It would be nice if Kakeru actually did it that challenge talk on purpose for Yuki to see that Yanagi is on his side (but I guess that's long stretch after explanation he made after that).

And as for "If I win Touko is mine" phrase, talk about bloated ego. Not to mention he wasn't even mindful of Touko's or Yanagi's feelings. He rightfully deserved that slap (and writer would also deserved one also for that scene).

Anyway, now Kakeru has to be the most hated man in the city. But at least he confessed to Touko.
But those talks of future are still crap... all along nothing really happened. But Sacchan acts as she is actually able to see everything on the road ahead.

x3mslayer said:
David crying left me wondering what happened... what exactly happened. I want to see it in the next ep

Basically he finally found what he been long looking for - missing part of him that he was searching for long time - Touko.
That's just about it.
Mich666Aug 8, 2014 8:46 AM
Aug 8, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
x3mslayer said:

You know......normally , a person at that age cant be all the time calm without releasing the rage/stress or w/e is eating him. Some people are acting really violent be it verbal or physical , some choose to cry and some choose a more creative way.
He probably choose to cry away that stress , thats the way , probably , he expresses his relief.
Atleast thats what I like to belive.......dont spoil me . I'd feel much better if I find out myself that I was completely wrong about it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 8, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2013
I can pretty much see it now. My theory that Kakeru being only able to "hear" the future, and Touko being able to see it were spot on I guess.

As for the first kiss, I think Touko's words after all that pretty much explained it: Her first kiss was with Kakeru. Why else would she be blushing so much when she thought Kakeru called her up, and all that blushing.

Yannagi is truly the best girl of this series, she totally understood that Kakeru's intent for challenging Yuki was not to allow Yuki to win the match, but to force Touko to pick a side. He was being selfish, as usual. It had nothing to do with helping Yannagi with her confession to Yuki.
For one thing, having Kakeru telling Yuki that Yannagi told him about the confession would just infuriate Yuki more (the "I even got the girl whom I don't care about to confide in me" syndrome). After all the mean things that Yuki said to him, he was retaliating in kind (personally I think he was justified. heck if someone annoyed me, I'd strike back as well). However, Kakeru was being quite childish about this, and I think his feelings for Touko had something to do with that. His attitude and social skills towards anyone not named Touko definitely needs some work though (the punch was fully justified).
For another, Kakeru starting a fight in front of Touko pretty much forced her to pick a side. The fact that she ended up staying with him instead of her friends just proved his theory that he now has a more important role in her heart than the rest of her friends. It's good for the romantic side of these two, but I'm guessing that come next episode, their merry bunch of friends will end up falling apart: Touko will insist on bringing Kakeru along with them, and Yannagi and Yuki will both oppose to it. Sachi and Hiro not knowing anything will be indifferent (though Hiro seems to like him, but Sachi probably doesn't). In the end, the one thing that Touko was trying to prevent from happening (the group falling apart) WILL happen.

But alas, such is the wonder experience we call call growing up, now ain't it. Touko has to realize that she cannot hope to maintain the status quo now. She can't have the best of both worlds unless she settles things with Yuki and Yannagi (after this episode I think it'll be an uphill battle), because it will definitely be because of her that the group breaks up, but as such hopefully she'll mature and realize that given her choice of love over friendship, this separation is inevitable.

My only concern about the coming episodes is whether Yuki will give Yannagi another chance. He has to have realized by now that it's not everyday that a girl will get angry for his sake. He was about to give Kakeru another beating when Yannagi stepped in and slapped him. Her words to Kakeru were pretty much to (a) stop the fight, and (b) calm Yuki down to prevent the fist fight (she got angry in his stead). As best girl, Yannagi gets my vote for her choice of partners. Given she's still pining for Yuki at the moment, I would love for them to get together in the end.

Of course, as someone else mentioned, Kakeru's mom would be a great revenge route as well, if Yuki were to go all School Days on this. That is one hot mom!

"David's mom has got it going on. David's mom has got it going on~"

Next episode please! I want to see what happens with Hiro and Sachi. As happy as these two are now, you can't help but think that something tragic is around the corner for them.

On a side note: I don't get why people are hating on Inaho's character in Aldnoah.Zero. Kakeru has a pretty similar character in this show (he's even more confrontational as well), but no one complains much about that...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 8, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
Crez said:
Am I the only one who feels NO chemistry between them at all????

I don't feel chemistry between any of the characters of the show, so yeah, there you have it.

Also aside of using girls as prizes (go go Yanagi), WHOEVER would like to battle for abomination that is Touko?
Aug 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
GenT-san said:
Huh, is it only me or indeed Kakeru intentionally tried to give up there and was letting Yukinari win Touko over?

I think he "played" with their psychological state. That means he calculated something what happens if he does like in anime.

Or perhaps not.
Aug 8, 2014 9:50 AM
Jun 2014
EverYthing you say makes sense. Kakeru just wanted to know if Touko will be on his side by competing with Yukinari.. And he cries because he finally found what he was looking for - Touko.
And we see that Touko sides with Kakeru , that means he means a lot more ti her than her friends!

-> the friends will fall apart , Touko and Kakeru on one side, Yukinari and Yanagi ( hiro and sachi)
on the other. -> the sentence of the preview: nothing will be like before thereforw fits in perfectly

But do you really believe this is the reason the group will fall apart? We still have 7 episodes left, is every single episode going to deal with Touko- Kakeru on one , Yanagi- yukinari on the other side?
In my opinion, it's still too early to say that Kakeru confessed to Touko ( that they will end up )
I think a lot more drama is going to happen, maybe like Yukinari turning down Yanagi, again confessing to Touko( Triangle) or something like taht , I don't know

i think, Toukox Yukinari
Or YanagiX Kakeru is still possible
Aug 8, 2014 11:09 AM
Jun 2014
y123y said:
iNorichann1 said:
EverYthing you say makes sense. Kakeru just wanted to know if Touko will be on his side by competing with Yukinari.. And he cries because he finally found what he was looking for - Touko.
And we see that Touko sides with Kakeru , that means he means a lot more ti her than her friends!

-> the friends will fall apart , Touko and Kakeru on one side, Yukinari and Yanagi ( hiro and sachi)
on the other. -> the sentence of the preview: nothing will be like before thereforw fits in perfectly

But do you really believe this is the reason the group will fall apart? We still have 7 episodes left, is every single episode going to deal with Touko- Kakeru on one , Yanagi- yukinari on the other side?
In my opinion, it's still too early to say that Kakeru confessed to Touko ( that they will end up )
I think a lot more drama is going to happen, maybe like Yukinari turning down Yanagi, again confessing to Touko( Triangle) or something like taht , I don't know

i think, Toukox Yukinari
Or YanagiX Kakeru is still possible

I do expect some drama in the next 7 episodes. Between Yuki, Yanagi, Touko, and Kakeru.

But there is no way that Touko will end up with Yuki, because she clearly has no romantic feelings for him. And if they decide to add romantic feelings between them, then it would be extremely forced and this show would stink even more.

As for Yanagi and Kakeru, none whatsoever. First, Kakeru calls Yanagi by her last name and he calls Touka by her first name. And in Japan, when you call someone by your first name it means that that person is close to you and important, and when you call someone by their last name, it means that you dont consider that person that important or close.

Also, I am expecting alot of drama between Yuki and Yanagi since the whole confession. They cant just leave it at that.

If Kakeru is able to fall in love with Touko in one episode( I mean he didn't show any interest in other episodes ) ... Then touko x Yukinari and Yanagi x Kakeru is still possible.

Ok, Touko and Yuki seem impossible now, but I can't say the same to Yanagi x Kakeru.

Yanagi became the favorite character due to the progress she goes through.
She plays a major role in almost every scene : she is the reason Touko understands she might be in love with Kakeru, she puts Yuki in a conflict by confessing to him, she puts an end to the 'battle' between Yuki and Kakeru by being the first who knowd about his intentions( -> Touko is closer to him, so that really suprised me).
And When Yuki and Kakeru met, all Yukii talked about was Touko. Kakeru was the first one to speak about Yanagi.

-> who knows what'll happen?

Ok after this episode , kakeru and Touko MIGHT end up together, but I still see a chance for Yanagi and Kakeru
Seda1307Aug 8, 2014 11:21 AM
Aug 8, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2009
Kurini said:
I don't even know how many "what?" I said while watching this episode....

Same here, the show and its characters are a complete mess. To the point that it's actually quite fascinating to watch.
But the P.A. Works fan inside me is crying.
Aug 8, 2014 1:09 PM
Jun 2014
y123y said:
iNorichann1 said:

If Kakeru is able to fall in love with Touko in one episode( I mean he didn't show any interest in other episodes ) ... Then touko x Yukinari and Yanagi x Kakeru is still possible.

Ok, Touko and Yuki seem impossible now, but I can't say the same to Yanagi x Kakeru.

Yanagi became the favorite character due to the progress she goes through.
She plays a major role in almost every scene : she is the reason Touko understands she might be in love with Kakeru, she puts Yuki in a conflict by confessing to him, she puts an end to the 'battle' between Yuki and Kakeru by being the first who knowd about his intentions( -> Touko is closer to him, so that really suprised me).
And When Yuki and Kakeru met, all Yukii talked about was Touko. Kakeru was the first one to speak about Yanagi.

-> who knows what'll happen?

Ok after this episode , kakeru and Touko MIGHT end up together, but I still see a chance for Yanagi and Kakeru

As for the vision when Touko was brushing her teeth, when she saw what looked like two people that were going to kiss, who do you think those two people were? From my perspective, it looked like it was either Yuki and Kakeru, or Sachi and Hiro.

First the left one:

Because of the skin color, it can only be Hiro or Yukinari,

The right one is therefore a girl ( as we know Hiro and Yukinari are interested in girls :D):

Not Yanagi, her hair color doesn't fit:
Sachi or Touko.

Meaning: -> it'll be Sachi x Hiro , or Touko X Yukinari.
Aug 8, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
David get's hit twice in the same cheek face smh...
Aug 8, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2010
David all the way, don't care even if he is semi-Gary Su
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 8, 2014 4:24 PM
Jun 2014
y123y said:
iNorichann1 said:

First the left one:

Because of the skin color, it can only be Hiro or Yukinari,

The right one is therefore a girl ( as we know Hiro and Yukinari are interested in girls :D):

Not Yanagi, her hair color doesn't fit:
Sachi or Touko.

Meaning: -> it'll be Sachi x Hiro , or Touko X Yukinari.

I dont think that the person on the right is Touko because in the vision Touko is looking at two people. Now, if touko saw a person that was going to kiss her from the first person point of view, then yes, I would say that the person on the right is Touko. But she is seeing it from the third person point of view. And the hair of the person on the right does not look like touko to me.

But, I guess we just gotta wait.

Right now the visions that Touko has had are (random order):

1- The one where she is on the train track and it looks like a train will run her over (first person point of view).

2- The glasses chick in the hospital (first person point of view).

3- Kakeru smiling (first person point of view)

4- The two people that looked like were going to kiss (third person point of view).

5- Yanagi crying (first person point of view)

As you sumed up, touko only had first person point of views so far ( we don't know if the
Kissing scene was also a first person point of view) ->
Maybe the producers want us to think that this vision of Touko has also to be a first person point of view , but it is not -> that would mean we see Hiro and Sachi ( it makes sense, I don't think that sachi is lesbian , but there is something important going on between her and Touko)

or the other way round: it is really a first person point of view . Meaning Toukox Imi.
( that would also explain the reason Yanagi is crying .(( But The clothes Yanagi is wearing in the vision is the same one like in episode 6-> Yanagi cries because of how Touko stayed by Kakeru's side )
Aug 8, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2013
I was so lost in this episode.. omfg
Aug 8, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 2013
I'm lost in all episodes.. I don't get anything from this anime :0

Jun 2013
I really can't tell if Okikura likes Touka or not.

Oct 2013
I'm done.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Aug 8, 2014 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
David obviously trolls on purpose.
Aug 8, 2014 6:42 PM

Nov 2009
And that scene?

It could means that... Touko rejected David feelings?
Aug 8, 2014 6:55 PM

May 2013
As much that I like Kakeru, I don't understand him and he don't understand himself. Oh.

And also, I prefer him for Touko but make it more realistic and not forced. Looks like Yuki was butthurt, well.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 8, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
What is up with that tear at the end? I hope that was a tear of joy and not a tear of sorrow.

Great episode!!!
Aug 8, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
All this drama!! We needed this!
Kakeru is still my fave. #davidswag
Aug 8, 2014 9:34 PM
Oct 2011
Too deep ...
Aug 8, 2014 10:41 PM

Apr 2014
Nice ep, I mean, eps as I've watched all six episodes in one go..=) I don't know but i like the simplicity of the story. Not much twists, hard-core thinking, etc2x but a great show nonetheless.. Waiting for the ep7 next week!!
Aug 8, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
God damn. How many times is that guy gonna get hit in the face?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 9, 2014 12:07 AM

Jan 2014
silverwalls said:
parfaited said:
If you win Touko is yours? You disgusting fucker.
that scene was cringeworthy.
+1
Aug 9, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2013
i don't understand why you people hate Kakeru so much. Like seriously?
The only person who was being a jerk this episode was Imi.
If he didn't want Kakeru to come why did he bother agreeing for him to come if Fukami refused? and what about Yanagi's confession?
Imi is easily the most irritating character in this anime (at least as of this episode). I just wish Yanagi was just slap him with his jealousy and indecisiveness too.

parfaited said:
If you win Touko is yours? You disgusting fucker.

People who fail to realize that Kakeru said that on purpose knowing what would happen. (can't he tell the future too? or did I misunderstand something while watching this?)
Him saying that and meaning it would seem out of character to me. His personality traits consist of him being very blunt, not acting like a douche.

Though I would agree....
FestinaLente said:
silverwalls said:
that scene was cringeworthy.
+1

+2

Aug 9, 2014 6:12 AM
Jun 2013
What is going on?!! This is too much..
Aug 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2007
Good grief I hate this series so much... the characters are just too ridiculous.
Aug 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2013
I was expecting a bit more from this series. All these events aren't properly connecting to each other in a nice flow. Well, that aside, it's still a nice, relaxing atmosphere that manages to keep me interested.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.