Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:53 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I never doubted the "imminent destruction of planet" to be a test. XP Whatever happened to the Virgin Space? Was that the psychedelic mind trip at the end? Great! Drinking till I pass out is more fun. >_<

Thank you, Leiji Matsumoto... for this but I'm moving on. 5/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
This was very interesting. Daichi, Mayu, and Zero proved that human or android, there is goodness in everyone.

I would've liked to have seen the "Virgin Space" they went to, but I'm just glad that they earned the right to access it.

Great little movie, which is partly educational in a way. Leiji Matsumoto never fails to deliver.

Aug 30, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2012
I always love the work Leiji produces! Pretty interesting setting and atmosphere as well, but that's also expected from Leiji's work!

All in all a lovely sci-fi, space movie I must say!
May 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
I'm just 3min into the movie so I won't comment about characters and story, but saw a lot of multiplane cel animation, yeah sometime background actors are too static but in this 3min they already showed a lot of techniques for depth and stuff, quite nice, and looks like the director took inspiration on Disney

edit: It even has some CGI that for the time it's quite good. Not much to mention about the story, some golden age sci-fi inspired story (woah, I didn't notice before the legendary original creator of this), what I regret the most is that despite being from 1985 it looks like a 1975 anime, maybe if it was made in 1995 it would have captured the 80's visuals and gritty story telling.
PxHCMay 9, 2023 1:28 PM

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.