Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2014 4:25 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Rudeus has now grown to be 10 years old. The most intriguing part of the volume is seeing not Rudeus mature, but his older cousin and student Eris evolve from a disrespectful child to a more gentle woman. Unsurprisingly, she fell in love with him XD

What an ending though, I definitely did not see that coming. I'm hoping the Greyrat family is all safe, hopefully Roxy will find Rudeus in the near future.
Aug 6, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2009
Those turning points are really crazy in this story. Sends chills to readers every 50 chapters or so.
Oct 30, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Wow I didn't expect that ending for volume 2. The story just got really interesting, more than it was before. Cant wait for some rudi badassery.

I really dislike the pervertedness of the novel though :/
Jul 29, 2015 9:25 PM

Oct 2013
This volume was really good, its really nice how Eris has changed. Also that ending!
Jul 29, 2015 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
This volume was really good, its really nice how Eris has changed. Also that ending!

Give your thoughts out every volume.
:D
This forum is so quiet.

Sep 14, 2015 1:54 PM
Jan 2012
Just completed this volume. Just like the first volume it was very relaxing and I laughed so much at certain moments. The ending was totally unexpected though, I do hope our protag gets some more character development again in the next volume since this volume it was mainly about Eris. Sure he also had enough character development but volume 1 was so insane :D
Oct 4, 2015 9:14 AM
Oct 2015
I really Dislike That Little Bitch Princess Eris.Well now that I think about it not her Fault because it is the interaction and conversation with the her love Interest is what the Tsundere Girls Interesting like how they fight and how she hate MC but in case of Eris and Rudi it actually Rudi fault he really does not care what does Eris think about him and also he just too clam and has no confident so the that why his interaction and conversation with Eris is just too much boring.
Oct 4, 2015 9:16 AM
Oct 2015
And Also this Volume 2 is such a disappointment compare to Volume 1.It not bad but it is a disappointment.
May 7, 2016 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
The most interesting part about this volume imo is the background world building from 100,000 years ago and the Gods that ruled the different planets.

Eris' a typical girl tbh, nothing special about her and the way she reacted to Rufus trying to get into her pants was really expected.
Aug 16, 2016 5:52 PM

Nov 2015
[Finished reading Volume 02]

Well, this chapter was less about Ludeus character development but more about Eris improving her education and becoming a better person. That doesn't mean Ludeus didn't get any development but it sure was way less than the previous volume. At leas he is now a better magician and he just has to wait 5 years to be with Er--- oh... Sylph is still a thing... right... Oh, shit.

Eris, I really dislike Eris character. I can't stand her talking or just being there. Too hime-dere. Annoying. I don't think I hate her but she's not one of my favorite characters in this LN. I also noted how Ludeus pervert-self slightly changed over this volume, from utterly disgusting to slightly disgusting but funny. Mostly the NEET vs Ludeus segments.

The ending chapter, I really didn't expect the shit to go down xD

PD: Like I said in the first volume: Paul, shame on you, SHAME ON YOU!
HumbertoZeroAug 16, 2016 5:56 PM
Jan 7, 2020 8:52 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Heard a lot about the series years ago, the fact that is getting an anime propelled me to try it.

Vol1: (don't feel like creating a thread post for it)
A great introduction IMO to the series, it is very small in scale, which makes sense, but the setting is really interesting and keeps me going through the whole volume, started it like 3 January and by 4th I was already finishing and starting vol2.
It takes itself slowly and I like that, I can see why this MC might annoy some people here, but I have no problems with him, rather refreshing, I want to read more and see him grown and do it right with his second chance at life (he was a seriously fucked up in his older life).
Roxy and Sylphy are very promising characters, the ship is heavy with those two.
I know they will appear later on in the LN, so not bothered much but still sucks I was liking to read about each of them, and then they go out of the screen like that.
The ending got me pumped since I cant wait to see Eris!

Vol2:
And I was not disappointed, always a tsundere lover, and her design is damm good, the artist deserves some praise.
I wasn't expecting to see Eris go this much dere in the same volume, but I m not complaining, I don't want to spoil others, but I will say Eris feels like the best girl right now, her development was really cute and I always liked fierce female protags.
Too adorable the way she slowly shorts the distance with Rudous.
That ending though... already far into vol3.

You can argue the plot only really starts with vol3, but I really liked 1 and 2 even more.

I m following Yen Press, but after vol4 I will have to go with the WN, but I plan to read each LN when it cames out since the series is being very enjoyable to read, and for all the spoilers I have seen, this may shapen to be one of the better LNs will ever read, knowing my likes.
Nov 6, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2017
Volume 2 (Light Novel) - 9.2/10

Another excellent volume as a whole. There were some portions where I preferred the way the anime handled it over the LN (regarding the languages, dance portion, and buildup of Eris' mother's feelings towards Rudeus - although the LN went into much greater detail regarding what happened with her), but the light novel volume as a whole was still a really enjoyable one and it ended at a very exciting and tense cliffhanger too. Ghislaine's side story was a treat to read too. You get a bit of what she was like as a kid through recollections in season 2 content of the anime but reading about what she was like in detail through her perspective and how she viewed Rudeus as a person and as a teacher showed how much she really grew over time.

On top of it, loved the world building and explanations of key events in the past from thousands of years in the past surrounding the Gods. Loads of great characterization here too and I actually liked Eris in this volume, with revisionist help of course and knowing that there's more going on to her character than I presumed earlier in my first read initially. Her development throughout those years of Rudeus tutoring her never felt forced. Great stuff overall.
animejasNov 9, 2021 12:52 PM

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

10 by Azuchi »»
Mar 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.