Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 5, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Illumi's bloodlust was creepy as hell O__O.
Aug 5, 2014 10:32 PM
Aug 2014
bigzzcobzz said:
I didn't remember about Morel being a star hunter... Well shit, he's fucking weak.
Ahahahah I laughed so hard when they mentioned Ging in that list ahahahahah
Hisoka someday will be fucked because of his play, I also don't think he's able to deal with the strongest Star Hunters. Also Illumi doesn't seem to be much stronger than Hisoka, they seem to have the same strength.
Gotoh is going to... Well, it's against Hisoka so I guess everyone knows what will happen with him even without reading the manga =)

Good episode.

Maybe Hisoka will give us a hint to how strong he really is vs Gotoh :)
But I doubt he will even have to try lol
Aug 5, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
lmao Leorio is third! anyways this was an amazing episode as always. Hisoka vs Gotoh..I hope none of them will die
Aug 6, 2014 12:21 AM

May 2014
I love it in general when Hisoka is in an episode, but Killua/Alluka interactions made it so much better :'D They are so adorable TT I love this caring side of Killua. He's from a family of assassin but has this wonderful soft side... ♥
Aug 6, 2014 12:28 AM

May 2013
Just rewatched the episode and I noticed that one of the 16 hunters is a virus hunter named Norton. How did I miss this lmao.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 6, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
bleachjoj said:
ichii_1 said:

Not really, I'm sure most of the phantom troupe and Hisoka can beat pouf and youpi and maybe 2 or 3 can beat pitou :)

Yeah I don't think so.

no PT cant beat a royal guard 1 on 1 . if they gang a Royal guard sure
Cty Best mid
Aug 6, 2014 12:58 AM

May 2010
UnPoney said:
Confucius said:
Hisoka was wearing heels this episode...anyone else noticed?

He is wearing heels since the beginning of the arc.

Even in the Heaven Arena arc if I remember well.

Do those look like heels to you?

Compared to
ConfuciusAug 6, 2014 1:02 AM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 6, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2013
He was wearing heels when he fought Gon. Hisoka is too fabulous to care about social rules.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 6, 2014 2:31 AM

Jul 2013
Illumi's bloodlust scene was amazing love that type of stuff

good progression more of Hisoka a very enjoyable episode
Aug 6, 2014 2:32 AM

Jul 2014
R.I.P. Gotoh, I can't see him winning this one.
"This fucking beer, It's fucking tasty" - Kaiji Itou
Aug 6, 2014 2:49 AM

Feb 2013
Why did they start adding the moe art style? It caught me off guard but I see they're going to keep doing it.
Aug 6, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
Kreemy said:
Why did they start adding the moe art style? It caught me off guard but I see they're going to keep doing it.

because it's canon material
Aug 6, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
All these recent episodes of Hunter x Hunter keep on reminding me about how much I used to love this series. ;w;

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Aug 6, 2014 5:17 AM
Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but the manga version > MH version, also 1,5 chapter for an episode doesn't work for me.The pacing is too slow for my liking, shame because this will be my last HxH I will see for a while and I was really looking forward to this episode.

3/5

Also its nice that Togashi balances out Hisoka, Chrollo and Illumi power levels. Fanboys used to say that Hisoka > Illumi didn't try to kill Gon after Hisoka told him not to. 300 chapters the vice versa happens and Hisoka is the one to back down. The truth is that a fight between those 3 can go either way.

I think you're right that we're unaware of the true power of these three characters. As far as we know, they might all be near each other in power. The truth could be that one of the three could be a lot more powerful than the rest; I guess we'll find out as the story keeps progressing.

I do find your analogy a bit flawed. Illumi was seriously considering killing Gon due to his potential; Hisoka basically told him to back down or he'd kill him, and Illumi took it seriously. This time around Hisoka was trolling Illumi solely for the purpose of alerting Killua; his face said it all (not to mention he's acknowledged Killua's potential as well if memory serves me right).
asmodeyjmAug 6, 2014 5:21 AM
Aug 6, 2014 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the expressions here

Aug 6, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
SupaNiper said:
Viltsu300 said:
Episode stopped right before Hisoka

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

You're a real dick do you know that? You didn't have to write that at all. You didn't even have descent comment on the episode. Just threw out a spoiler like it was nothing.

That has been blocked for awhile now. Surely you didn't click the spoiler?

I think the mod edit should have made it clear that it was indeed a spoiler.
Aug 6, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
I wonder if Alluka knows she's being treated as an object/not part of the family. Oh well, I think Killua's love is more than enough for her. Just look at that Alluka face. Kawaii ne.. :3

And Illumi asking Hisoka if he did provoke him on purpose and Hisoka replying, "masa ka" was priceless lol. Also, I laughed real hard when I saw Leorio on the 3rd spot and Ging on 16th. I mean, that's just...lol.

So then, next week's gonna be Gotoh vs. Hisoka. Damn, I admit I'm worried about Gotoh. If Hisoka's serious about killing him, then he might really die. Gotoh, you have to fight for your life. T_T

Crap! It really sucks to wait every week! Maybe I'll let this arc end before watching them all. After 142, maybe? Argh, this is so hard.
Episodes like this makes it even harder to watch other anime shows too. -_-
Aug 6, 2014 7:43 AM
Mar 2013
LOVE hxh damn <3
Aug 6, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
TripleSRank said:
SupaNiper said:

You're a real dick do you know that? You didn't have to write that at all. You didn't even have descent comment on the episode. Just threw out a spoiler like it was nothing.

That has been blocked for awhile now. Surely you didn't click the spoiler?

I think the mod edit should have made it clear that it was indeed a spoiler.

The mod is at fault too, that's a clear spoiler, it should be deleted,along with our posts that have it :)
Aug 6, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2013
Hisoka vs Gotoh o_o
Aug 6, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
ichii_1 said:

The mod is at fault too, that's a clear spoiler, it should be deleted,along with our posts that have it :)

The mods are weak. Spoilers, trolling, flame baiting should be immediately removed - send a warning then immediate ban for the second offense. I don't even know what is MAL trying to achieve with not implementing stricter rules.
Aug 6, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
8/10 episode
Aug 6, 2014 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
anyone noticed that Buhara is one of Hisoka's "toys"?

dude is probably strong as fuk to get Hisoka interested in him lol
Kill the boy and let the man be born
Aug 6, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
O-M-G! Hisoka vs. Gotoh!

I can't wait, this is going to be amazing! This anime gets better and better! :D
Aug 6, 2014 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
I think it's amazing that adapting one and a half manga chapters, i don't feel a slow pacing. It isn't like they are adding unnecessary stuff (like naruto for example). GREAT ADAPTATION.
Aug 6, 2014 9:59 AM
Jul 2014
HxH just keeps throwing epic episodes after another.
This week's a perfect balance between heart-pounding action and cool conspiracy talks.

...and is the music during the Gotoh vs. Hisoka fight, new?
Aug 6, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
ThisNameSucks said:
I liked the expressions here

Hisoka's Paristroll face
Aug 6, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2012
bigzzcobzz said:
I didn't remember about Morel being a star hunter... Well shit, he's fucking weak

Double Star hunter. That actually not weak at all and because of the Ants he might go to triple.
Aug 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
bleachjoj said:
bigzzcobzz said:
I didn't remember about Morel being a star hunter... Well shit, he's fucking weak

Double Star hunter. That actually not weak at all and because of the Ants he might go to triple.

No, he actually is a Single Star Hunter right now. You are right that they mentioned he may become a Triple Star Hunter after the Ant incident, though.

Other notes with the list:

Pariston Hill's name is an obvious pun.
Cheadle is referred to as a female. I saw someone say she was a guy.
Leorio is the only rookie in the top 16.
Ickshonpe lives in the "digital world". This could be a potential future setting.
Bisky is a Double Star Hunter, which actually places her above Morel at this point.
Sanbica Norton... is a Star Virus Hunter. Wow. >.>;
Loupe Highland is the only non-rookie, starless Hunter in the ranking.
Ging is only a Double Star Hunter. I didn't realize this before.
Aug 6, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2009
"That was excessive"

Yes, I would agree, this episode just about jumped two sharks backwards.

I enjoyed it though....

My disbelief was still suspended, even though there is so much defying of physics and probability.... not even a scratch after all that?!
Aug 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
Hisoka is such a troll
Aug 6, 2014 12:50 PM
Aug 2014
I loved Illumi's reaction to hisoka's "is it ok if i kill him?" Also I'm really excited to see this whole arc play out with alluka's power and also leorio maybe being the next president!!
Aug 6, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
What was the point of adding that car chase filler? It didn't even look good.... They could have ended the fight in this episode if Beans hadn't talked so slowly. >_<
Aug 6, 2014 12:55 PM
Mar 2014
jonnyhan said:

You are way off on this one. You seem to have forgotten how strong Youpi was, the royal guard who seems to be the weakest among 3 according to you (it could easily be the opposite). The guy had the ability kill Morel, Knuckle, Shoot in one solid punch if they weren't playing the distraction game on him. All three guys who can hold their own or even kill some Troupe members. He also was the most durable of Royal Guards, zero damage after engaging in a battle against 4 (Killua included).

Fayed301 said:
I like how tsubone is actually following killua altho hes using godspeed, just makes me wonder how strong is she

Hmm, this bugged me quite a bit. Youpi couldn't even see Killua when he was using gods speed. Tsubone can keep up with him. I guess Youpi was just incredibly slow? If so, could he really defeat the bad asses of the Troupe?

Meruem still undisputed champ though ;)
Aug 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
cAdvent said:
jonnyhan said:

You are way off on this one. You seem to have forgotten how strong Youpi was, the royal guard who seems to be the weakest among 3 according to you (it could easily be the opposite). The guy had the ability kill Morel, Knuckle, Shoot in one solid punch if they weren't playing the distraction game on him. All three guys who can hold their own or even kill some Troupe members. He also was the most durable of Royal Guards, zero damage after engaging in a battle against 4 (Killua included).

Fayed301 said:
I like how tsubone is actually following killua altho hes using godspeed, just makes me wonder how strong is she

Hmm, this bugged me quite a bit. Youpi couldn't even see Killua when he was using gods speed. Tsubone can keep up with him. I guess Youpi was just incredibly slow? If so, could he really defeat the bad asses of the Troupe?

Killua was using attack speed against Youpi, not move ent Speed, not to mention he was caught off guard, unlike tsubone.
Aug 6, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
cAdvent said:

Killua was using attack speed against Youpi, not move ent Speed, not to mention he was caught off guard, unlike tsubone

I was guessing that Speed of Lighting isn't as fast as Whirlwind. Whirlwind acts on Killua's instinct so naturally it would be faster.
KamenRiderX18Aug 6, 2014 2:32 PM
Aug 6, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
That top 16 was awesome and Killua hugging his sis was so kawaa and touching.
Aug 6, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2010
TonyTonyStark said:

Killua was using attack speed against Youpi, not move ent Speed, not to mention he was caught off guard, unlike tsubone.

Well I don't think Youpi was able to follow his movements even after getting hit a few times. Tsubone just knew that he can move fast without never actually seeing the ability before, and she was able to react to it/follow him.
Aug 6, 2014 3:41 PM
Aug 2014
cAdvent said:
jonnyhan said:

Fayed301 said:

I don't think she could see him either, she was fallowing his nen most likely. Plus she said she knew about his ability already.
Aug 6, 2014 4:31 PM

Feb 2014
ZGriffin said:
cAdvent said:

I don't think she could see him either, she was fallowing his nen most likely. Plus she said she knew about his ability already.

Yeah, that she knew about it was important. She can keep her distance and just predict the most possible Killua's run away route so she doesn't lose too much distance when Killua run, she experienced after all.
Aug 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
OMG, every-fucking-episode is this perfect!!! How, how u do it Togashi?

Hell yeah, more characters introduced! Some old faces in the Top 16, this Election sure is exciting!

Lol Leorio in the 3rd position, i knew it.

Killua bonding with Alluka, so freakin cute, i can't take this.

Tsubone can keep up with God Speed? Wow, those Butlers really are something!

The interactions between Illumi and Hisoka are sooooo interesting,i just love these 2

Illumi's BloodLust!!!
Goosebumps.

Cards vs. Coins! The hype in my body is so overwhelming, I need more, MADHOUSE!! 10/5

PriestSlayerAug 6, 2014 5:41 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 6, 2014 5:46 PM
May 2014
5outof5
HOWEVER:

If you know something can move fast (speed of lightning, perhaps) that does NOT mean you should be able to keep up with it automatically.
It bothered me that Tsubone could keep up with Killua after what Killua did to Youpi.

I do not like this Tsubone character at the moment.

I also did not appreciate the long car crash, however, I understand it's importance in the plot. I get it.

But overall, just awesome feels with illumi, hisoka, killua/alluka. Really good episode.
Aug 6, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2014
iWin4Prep said:
5outof5
HOWEVER:

If you know something can move fast (speed of lightning, perhaps) that does NOT mean you should be able to keep up with it automatically.
It bothered me that Tsubone could keep up with Killua after what Killua did to Youpi.

I also did not appreciate the long car crash, however, I understand it's importance in the plot. I get it.

But overall, just awesome feels with illumi, hisoka, killua/alluka. Really good episode.

If you didn't read the manga, the only thing i can say now is maybe that's her speciality(chasing and stalking), that's why she assigned for this kind of job. Next episode probably will make you understand.
Aug 6, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2011
iWin4Prep said:
5outof5
HOWEVER:

episode.

He was carrying Alluka so he's definitely not moving at full speed.
Aug 6, 2014 6:54 PM
Aug 2014
iWin4Prep said:
5outof5
HOWEVER:

Tsubone wasn't really keeping up with him, she was either fallowing his nen or seeing glimpses of his lightning to keep tracking, plus she probably already knows where he is going. Tsubone has to be faster than the other butlers though, but Killua was still blowing her away, and when he sensed her she was probably really far away.
Aug 6, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
ZGriffin said:

Tsubone wasn't really keeping up with him, she was either fallowing his nen or seeing glimpses of his lightning to keep tracking, plus she probably already knows where he is going. Tsubone has to be faster than the other butlers though, but Killua was still blowing her away, and when he sensed her she was probably really far away.

Actually...

Tsubone's Nen ability is called Rider's High. It is stated to be a form of Materialisation Nen and it allows her body to materialize into various vehicles. This vehicle form then uses the aura of her rider/s as propellent, meaning she can't use this ability without a rider. Furthermore, when the number of riders increase, so does the speed of the vehicle. This far, Tsubone has only revealed two forms of this ability. The first is a motorcycle form that can run at incredible speed capable of overtaking Killua's "Kanmuru", the second form is a glider that's capable of flying over the sky clouds.

Taken from the Wikipedia itself. It's actually capable of overtaking Killua, but I imagine that it would take a while.
Aug 6, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
cAdvent said:
jonnyhan said:

Fayed301 said:

Oh come on that's like an easy one. Tsubone says she knew about the ability beforehand so she made preparations. Meaning she probably used some sort of a nen ability, I mean didn't anyone notice or find strange that she covers one eye to look with another? I don't read the manga but that's just like a logical conclusion....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Aug 6, 2014 7:39 PM
Aug 2014
jreginald said:
ZGriffin said:

Actually...

Tsubone's Nen ability is called Rider's High. It is stated to be a form of Materialisation Nen and it allows her body to materialize into various vehicles. This vehicle form then uses the aura of her rider/s as propellent, meaning she can't use this ability without a rider. Furthermore, when the number of riders increase, so does the speed of the vehicle. This far, Tsubone has only revealed two forms of this ability. The first is a motorcycle form that can run at incredible speed capable of overtaking Killua's "Kanmuru", the second form is a glider that's capable of flying over the sky clouds.

Taken from the Wikipedia itself. It's actually capable of overtaking Killua, but I imagine that it would take a while.

Hmm sounds.... Kinda cool lol, Killua was still out running her though
Aug 6, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
i got an question this arc is quite small compared to any previous ones in manga, soo what will happen after it'l end they will dive into dark continent arc fillers or we must wait for next season of hunter x hunter? :)
Aug 7, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
iWin4Prep said:
The car crash was mostly just filler extension.
In the source material, it was just one quick, brutal BAM - now they're right off that mountain.

Though, anything to highlight the fact that Canary is a badass, I suppose.
GalekCAug 7, 2014 12:38 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.