Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
Do you like clubs? Are you active in them or do you prefer these forum discussions better?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 4, 2014 10:07 PM

Dec 2013
Know close to nothing about them, nor been in any. What's the point?
Aug 4, 2014 10:08 PM
Nov 2008
i use a club. i am very active in said club. better than cd.
Aug 4, 2014 10:09 PM

Oct 2012
I don't go to very many clubs anymore as I used to in the past.

I just stick to a select few I am active in.
Aug 4, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2014
I don't, sounds like a pure vomit inducing circlejerk.
Aug 4, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
I only post in them if I want my post count to rapidly rise.
Aug 4, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
I tried 1 club, and I attempted to make 1( 2 If a game counts)
I usually join a fan club of a favorite anime, but I don't post anything on them.

It was http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37841

I was trying to make a club about logos of fake or real companies found in anime, and fake anime brands.

I put it in my sig for a few months, but I failed
Aug 4, 2014 10:13 PM

Jun 2012
I used to be active in clubs, but it just became a pain to keep track of so I dropped it.
Aug 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
Thread Semi-cleaned
Please do not just post images without any text for discussion. Quote-chaining isn't allowed, either.

Anyway:
Just one club. For chatting. Mostly shitposting.

Kronie said:
Ironically the club feels like it's becoming that, despite its goal being open harmony for everyone.

euphoriia said:
Know close to nothing about them, nor been in any. What's the point?
To hang out with fellow shitposters friends in a non-explosive environment.
Aug 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Jan 2014
I used to be in an ecchi club because I couldn't bring myself to refuse the invitation I got, although I was never active there in the slightest. I stayed in it for a while to send club invites to my friends because I thought it was funny, but since then I've left it because I was afraid of being judged by people looking at my profile. Other than that one (and the futa club), I haven't joined or used any. Clubs aren't for me.
Aug 4, 2014 10:17 PM
Nov 2008
MellowJello said:
Ironically the club feels like it's becoming that, despite its goal being open harmony for everyone.
says guy who incited original loldrama in said club, lol.
Aug 4, 2014 10:18 PM
Apr 2013
MellowJello said:

Kronie said:

How so?
Aug 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
active in 1 club for chatting
that's about it

Aug 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
worldeditor11 said:
MellowJello said:

How so?

b/c voldemort

Aug 4, 2014 10:21 PM
Apr 2013
Zeally said:
worldeditor11 said:

How so?

b/c voldemort
I still don't get it how it makes the club as inducing circlejerk among members. If it is so, we won't be accepting and inviting new members to the club.
Aug 4, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
I joined some clubs, but I actually never posted anything on them. I just keep lurking, mainly on this one.
Aug 4, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2014
worldeditor11 said:
I still don't get it how it makes the club as inducing circlejerk among members. If it is so, we won't be accepting and inviting new members to the club.

Tell me, is there a club leader?
And can said club leader remove other members that are in the club?

If so its an automatic fucking circlejerk.
Aug 4, 2014 10:34 PM

Dec 2013
When I am working (IRL) and have nothing to do, I post some of the forum games there.
Aug 4, 2014 10:35 PM
Nov 2008
Kronie said:
worldeditor11 said:

well it's not, lol. there's only 1 admin and he doesn't give a shit.
Aug 4, 2014 10:37 PM
Apr 2013
Kronie said:
worldeditor11 said:

Lol, Chat Club Leader? Well, it will be either Kineta or Xinil.
Aug 4, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2013
I've used several clubs, and they're fun. Yes, they basically are circle jerks, but there's nothing wrong with that

Currently I'm only posting in one a lot, which is a club for chatting
Aug 4, 2014 10:44 PM
Apr 2013
Kronie, join the chat club. You decide whether it is a breeding ground for circlejerk or not.
Aug 4, 2014 10:45 PM

Feb 2013
I'm not much of a 'joiner'. I've always turned down stuff like clan invites and such in gaming, too. My tag would usually say 'NFH'

Anyway, I'm in the ones I'm in right now because I was bullied and pressured into it. You guys suck.
Aug 4, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 2013
NTAD said:
I'm not much of a 'joiner'.

I'm in the ones I'm in right now because I was bullied and pressured into it.
That made me sad.
Aug 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Feb 2013
worldeditor11 said:
NTAD said:
I'm not much of a 'joiner'.

I'm in the ones I'm in right now because I was bullied and pressured into it.
That made me sad.
If I ever finish my next project, you'll forget all about it.
Aug 4, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
worldeditor11 said:
Kronie, join the chat club. You decide whether it is a breeding ground for circlejerk or not.

I have no interest in joining circlejerk shitholes.
I consider these threads to be nothing more than a circlejerk so of course I'm going to consider your shithole to be no different.

Even if your admin is incompetent these dumps encourage a hugbox mentality of you degenerates being nice to one another in fear of being rejected by the community you've entered. Its garbage.
Aug 4, 2014 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
I just like posting on the forums.
Aug 4, 2014 10:54 PM
Apr 2013
Kronie said:
worldeditor11 said:

I consider these threads to be nothing more than a circlejerk so of course I'm going to consider your shithole to be no different.

Even if your admin is incompetent these dumps encourage a hugbox mentality of you degenerates being nice to one another in fear of being rejected by the community you've entered. Its garbage.

Top lel. Assume much? Anyway, whatever you want to believe in.
Aug 4, 2014 11:00 PM
Nov 2008
Kronie said:
worldeditor11 said:

everyone in the club got pissangry about admin nominations recently. it got ugly.
Aug 4, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2014
Adeema said:
the /a/utism is strong in this one

I've migrated, I'm more /v/ nowadays.

worldeditor11 said:

Nothing to assume, it is one.
Having a name attached to your posts and an account is what it ultimately always brings.
Perhaps it might be a circlejerk to you considering you're incompetent with little knowledge but it reeks of it when you're used to the pure unfiltered hostility of anonymous centered areas.
Aug 4, 2014 11:03 PM
Nov 2008
Kronie said:
Adeema said:

I've migrated, I'm more /v/ nowadays.

worldeditor11 said:

Having a name attached to your posts and an account is what it ultimately always brings.
Perhaps it might be a circlejerk to you considering you're incompetent with little knowledge but it reeks of it when you're used to the pure unfiltered hostility of anonymous centered areas.
you're not a badass for using 4chan
Aug 4, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Heredity said:

Never stated I was, however you'd be stupid not to acknowledge the different atmosphere they promote.
Places that encourage anonymity are the only places you can say for sure don't have much circlejerking.

But even that dump has its downfalls and scum still attempt at doing it, no place is perfect after all.
Aug 4, 2014 11:10 PM

Nov 2010
Yes I like and use clubs. Mostly for chatting, some info about certain types of anime, stuff like that.
Aug 4, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned

Try to avoid derailing, please.
If you're gonna have a discussion on circlejerks, at least avoid personal attacks (read: harassment) on each other.
Aug 4, 2014 11:16 PM
Feb 2014
Yep it's cool
Aug 4, 2014 11:16 PM
Nov 2008
Kronie said:
Heredity said:

Never stated I was, however you'd be stupid not to acknowledge the different atmosphere they promote.
Places that encourage anonymity are the only places you can say for sure don't have much circlejerking.

But even that dump has its downfalls and scum still attempt at doing it, no place is perfect after all.
re: anonymity and circlejerking: 'sonyyger', 'nintoddler', 'xbot', 'pc mustard race'. /v/. ironic.

anyway, feel free to join chat club. i promise we won't be mean to you, unlike meaniepoo 4chan.
Aug 4, 2014 11:17 PM

Apr 2012
Adeema said:
Kronie said:

you mean these aren't personal attacks?

Aug 4, 2014 11:20 PM
Jun 2014
I went into some of the ones that are always updating on the main page. I don't use them very often because the forums are more active anyway.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Aug 4, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2014
I join clubs that interest me but I don't contribute to club discussion... Perhaps I should get more involved

Aug 4, 2014 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
I use clubs and I quite enjoy said clubs. They are a great way to communicate with a specific community I (usually) tend to get along with, where more public places like CD and AD tend to get a bit too repetitive and depth-less in terms of a "community".

The one club in particular that's getting a lot of attention in this thread so far is probably the best example of what I mean, as it's essentially a mini forum. Conversations happen just like in a more public part of this forum, but there's more significance behind it and more opportunities and freedom for different kind of things to talk about with people you can actually come to know, where the more thread-based public aspect of this forum is incapable of matching or getting close to matching.

It's not as much of a "circlejerk" as some posters have mentioned in this thread. New people join and more experienced people leave; it's not like it's some private club that you have to be the epitome of coolness to be able to join. If people regularly chatting is enough for something to be called a circlejerk, then I reiterate what I said earlier about that word being grossly over-used on this forum.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 4, 2014 11:24 PM

Mar 2014
I used to, a long, long time ago, until two-and-a-bit-year-hiatus-lol I realised that 50% were dead, 50% were shit and most were full of care bears who couldn't stand having their favourite studios criticized.

Right now, there is only one. The Highlander of clubs.
Aug 4, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2014
Heredity said:
re: anonymity and circlejerking: 'sonyyger', 'nintoddler', 'xbot', 'pc mustard race'. /v/. ironic.

anyway, feel free to join chat club. i promise we won't be mean to you, unlike meaniepoo 4chan.

All those things have very little meaning when people aren't held accountable of their posts unlike here.
Its not hard for one to lie and insult a fanbase only to then support said fanbase a couple threads later or hell even in the same thread.

And no I have no interest don't even see a point of it. If anything those clubs do nothing but make this general discussion dump more dead than it has to be.
Aug 4, 2014 11:25 PM
Dec 2013
Yes only for my favorite singer and anime, i use one that i sometimes chat on.
UchihaAug 4, 2014 11:29 PM
Aug 4, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2013
ScazoN said:
Yes only for my favorite singer and anime, i use one that i sometimes chat on.
Contribute more to the hentai club

You pervert
Aug 4, 2014 11:37 PM
Dec 2013
Yes i shall i shall, since im going to be home alone, expect some spice of greatness as i will look deep into pururin

fakku fakking sucks btw
Aug 4, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
ScazoN said:
Yes i shall i shall, since im going to be home alone, expect some spice of greatness as i will look deep into pururin

fakku fakking sucks btw
You better contribute to my thread

I don't like fakku either, but that's where I found it on
Aug 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
kamensentai said:
I joined some clubs, but I actually never posted anything on them. I just keep lurking

Aug 5, 2014 2:18 AM

Feb 2013
Clubs are great, too bad the ones I used to be apart of are all mainly dead. Social watchers of anime was probably the standout.

If anyone wants to suggest a club that has a social chat and won't go objective-kun desa ka? on my ass please do.
Aug 5, 2014 3:04 AM
Apr 2013
Kronie said:

LOOK GUYS, ITS KRONIE THE EDGY!!!!!!! HE IS SO KEWL IT MAKES MY HEART GO DOKI DOKI UGUUU!!!!!!

This is the main reason why people like you I always wonder is this how school shooters were born.

You know, it will be best of you and to all of us for you to stop being a tryhard guy acting as an alpha edgy teenager on drugs. All of your posts are all bark with little to no substance. Seriously, stop moving the goalposts already. Yes, you assumed and you think it was shameful to admit it so you moved the goalpost away again. Great job Kronie. Surely, your mental ability to comprehend simple English are at best, the level of kindergarten kids. Oh no, then it will a direct insult to kindergarten kids. A personal dilemma of mine. But i digress.

Anyway, regarding your comment.

First, you assumed the club leader has the ability to remove or ban any users from the club which is as you claimed, the reason why the club is a circlejerk. Again, due to the club main purpose, the "leader" have never banned any members from the chat club. Then again, we don't have any known leader that you mentioned of in the first place.

Second, you assumed the club is full of nice and polite people hence, again the automatic labelling of circlejerk when our club have been modded constantly by a few mods(around 5) due to how "nice" the people are in there. Aren't a few mods way too much considering as you assumed, a club for a bunch of courteous people, stroking each other egos every day? Furthermore, we are even forced by the mods to have admins to moderate the club, truly one of its kind in MAL if not the first.

Now you claimed that having a name besides denying my previous point is encouraging circlejerk. Good job mate. According to your logic we might as well go anonymous in real life too. If anything, people are afraid being judged and take responsibility by the shit they put into their posts. Having a name is for someone to refer to you as and nothing more. Hell, you even admitted it is so when replying to Heredity's post. A hypocrite in action? Perhaps. Moreover, I sincerely doubt you understand what exactly circlejerk means and throwing it around senselessly doesn't make you any more legit either.

As a personal advice to you, i really hope you move away from your screen, open the door, and go outside for a fresh breath of air. It helps.

Whats next Kronie? TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL?
worldeditor11Aug 5, 2014 3:15 AM
Aug 5, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
oh my...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

9 by 0arche »»
25 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

15 by traed »»
28 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

14 by traed »»
31 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 2 hours ago

2 by Sad »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.