Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2008 6:50 AM
Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Mod Edit: No link to streaming sites.

Lots of talk.

Tieria had his panties stuck in a wad.

"You have witnessed too much", complete with ominous-looking Japanese subtitles.

Horrible decision to end the episode with Louise and Saji lameness.

Nuff said. Discuss.

Oh and February 10th. Be there.
cyruzFeb 12, 2008 5:39 AM
Feb 2, 2008 10:32 PM

Nov 2007
silverfire said:

Oh and February 10th. Be there.
What's on the 10th? Anyway looks like were finally geting to see some of of Celestial Being's history. I don't like the new gundam meisters, they're worse than the others.
Feb 3, 2008 12:40 AM

Apr 2007
It seems like it's finally picking up again...god the new meisters are just way to ruthless ugh i probably hate Michael the most

They're probably created to achieve Aeolia's plan that Eifman was talking about...next title makes it seem like Setsuna/Meisters are gonna fight the Throne Gundams pretty damn soon

I want to see what's so different about the Red GN Particle from the normal ones and boo for evil Haro

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Feb 3, 2008 12:55 AM

Oct 2007
Red particles will probably show they're evil.

Feb 3, 2008 1:14 AM

Apr 2007
We have a Rena
Feb 3, 2008 2:55 AM

Oct 2007
huh... wonder what the old guy was on to. gundam v gundam in the end?
Feb 3, 2008 5:49 AM

Oct 2007
Loving the plot progress....

3 new Gundams with different plans that eradicating war...
They already attacked a base, so you know something is wrong there...
And what is with Louise and Saji, will we FINALLY understand why we are watching them as well, are Louise's parents in with Gundams, or know something, what and why???
Feb 3, 2008 6:03 AM

Apr 2007
Netforce said:

Obviously but i wanted to know what makes the particle red if we assume the GN Particle Drive is created the same way as the original Gundams

And like i have some weird sickening feeling that they're gonna get some new Gundam Meisters and Saji will be one by the 2nd season X_x...i mean what else is he in the anime for

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Feb 3, 2008 7:23 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode!
Michael & Nena = crazy pair XD and leave Setsuna alone!

so looking forward to the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2008 8:11 AM
Jan 2008
Heh, not bad episode. cannot wait for the next one to see whats up
Feb 3, 2008 11:45 AM
Nov 2007
really liked it ;)
Feb 3, 2008 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode, but some parts of it annoy me to no end. First, a lot of talk about nothing. Questions without answers (not that there were no questions in previous episodes, but i get the feeling that this episode was solely about questions). Well, I didn't really hate the part where Gundam Meisters met Throne Gundam Meisters, but somehow... it was dull... I have expected something completely different. Moreover the end of the episode was everything but interesting. I hate the Saji/Louise part the most. So far, it has successfully managed to completely destroy the atmosphere of every episode it appeared in. I just hope that it doesn't turn into some pathetic melodramatic piece of trash with Louise's mom trying to marry her when she gets back to Spain or her forgetting Saji because of that incident that happens to her in the next episode. LOL. At least, I hope this pair of idiots end up somewhere interesting later in the series fighting in some war or something 'cause otherwise, I see no reason for their existence in this anime whatsoever...
Feb 3, 2008 11:52 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Lockon was so serious this episode, it was awesome. And I'm guessing the new Meisters' data bot is the one shown in the beginning. Man, it looks evil though. Although it was great to see Haro spinning around with joy, lol.

Setsuna's reaction to Nena kissing him -- priceless! Michael and Nena are arrogant little brats though, and Michael's obsession with killing at the end was almost as bad as Hallelujah's. It seems they're there to carry out Schonenburg's real plan - and who wants to bet it's got something to do with world domination over eradicating war? Or something similarily evil. And then the true Gundam Meisters will break away (with Sumeragi, Chris, Felt, etc.) and try and achieve what they set out to while battling the new Trinity...

And who knows, maybe Graham will join them xD He grows on me more and more as a character every ep. Maybe the trinity is even... descendant of Schonburg?? :O

As for Louise, I'm wondering if her parents are going to get slaughtered... by Trinity, at that.
Feb 3, 2008 12:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
First, are the Trinity REALLY brothers and sisters in the COMMON sense? They have DIFFERENT shades of skin color.... Are they genetically engineered humans? They are not NORMAL brothers and sisters. Remeber Tiera asking Nena: What are you?

Then haro's niisan is the one recovered 80 years ago. His memories are wiped out. Vader/Veda is no longer trusted. The mystery of Jupiter: are they really Celestial Being and not a diverged faction of it with twisted goals? It seems that Vader/Veda is capable of infilltrating the professor's computer. (Skynet?)

Louise and Saji: there is a reason they're there.... Saji surely plays the role of someone that will be affected (in the future) by the turn of events.

I have the impression that the second season will not directly follow the first. What happens if there is a time gap between the two seasons. Would a new generation of Gundam Meisters appear in the second season? Would all the old ones die or "mysterious dissapear and are left unaccounted for" at the end of the first?

Is it just me or something TERRIBLE is going to happen to the world. The world will "reform" and never be the same again??? Why does this sound like 20th Century boys now?

BTW, as a reference to my post last week, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation, the second/secret foundation is manipulating EVERYTHING from all across galaxy. All who know their secrets are disposed by their special agents, who happens to be important people across the Milky Way. They have DIFFERENT goals than the first foundation. However, it turns out that there is a THIRD party, Gaia, that is manipulating the galaxy into a completely different direction (the "third" way)
wakka9caFeb 3, 2008 12:21 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 3, 2008 1:38 PM

Sep 2007
I think it's funny that the three thrones have different numbers of moles under their eyes (0,1,2).
I'm sure that Sumeragi didn't want a report sent to Veda because Nena entered Veda. Also, apparently Veda has some kind of (biological?) lock, which is why apparently only Tieria is so hung up on it (so we can assume Nena is similar to Tieria, w/e he is). (I also thought it was funny that Micheal made a reference to Tieria looking like a girl lol) I thought for sure that the Thrones were part of a...rebel?...faction after the opening scene, but it appears loosely tied to Celestial Being. With the Ptolaemus group seemingly being a cell of the organization, it's hard to tell right now if the Thrones are actually part of CB or are led by some other splinter group bastardizing the original outset of CB and pretending to be the higher-ups. In any case, it seems like CB has some hidden agenda behind the facade of world peace, regardless of if we're talking about the Ptolaemus group or the Thrones. I don't think it was Veda who sent the message to Elfman; more likely it was someone from the supposed-splinter Throne group.
Lol at Setsuna freaking out about being kissed. Also funny that Micheal pulled a knife and none of the other Meisters did anything about it.
I think the idea of a time jump is interesting, and, looking at it now, prolly pretty likely. It'll be a tough 6 months waiting for the show to start up again.
Feb 3, 2008 2:31 PM

Aug 2007
I'm interested as to the actual reason Celestial Being is doing these interventions. Great move on their part for killing the professor, can't have the actual plot be revealed this early in the game. Now we get to see the Union picking up the pieces of the professor's research, aka things get revealed in season two.

I think the whole Saji/Louise thing is to show the normalcy of the world. Even with the interventions of CB for the sake of eradicating war, people are still able to live normal lives regardless of what is occurring in the world. Of course something is bound to happen that will break this normalcy due to CB. It looks to me that Louise will get amnesia the next episode, well it looks like she is in a hospital bed with bandages wrapped on her head. This may be CB's fault, like that air battle causing her plane to crash land and causing blunt trauma on her head. End of normalcy, Saji goes GAR!, I don't know =P

I love the fact that they are just throwing so much stuff at us without explaining anything at all, yes this isn't sarcasm. With Gundam00 slated for 4 cours (around 50-52 episodes) and being only in episode 17 at the moment, they can afford to do these kinds of things. I'm wondering as to how they will end this season, maybe with a revelation as to the actual intent of CB?

Either way, I can't wait for Gundam00 to end so that Code Geass R2 will finally get some screentime...xD
Feb 3, 2008 10:11 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
First, are the Trinity REALLY brothers and sisters in the COMMON sense? They have DIFFERENT shades of skin color.... Are they genetically engineered humans? They are not NORMAL brothers and sisters. Remeber Tiera asking Nena: What are you?

Then haro's niisan is the one recovered 80 years ago. His memories are wiped out. Vader/Veda is no longer trusted. The mystery of Jupiter: are they really Celestial Being and not a diverged faction of it with twisted goals? It seems that Vader/Veda is capable of infilltrating the professor's computer. (Skynet?)

I'm swaying towards the "these are not real Gundam Meisters" theory. The whole part at the beginning about the past, shows that some group went to the ship debris field to collect sensitive info. With the part about the Haro not remembering the other, leads me to believe that this group that collected the info are not associated with CB. Possibly a rival group or someone that knew CB and Schonenburg's real goal. I think since they have all this info that was obtained at the debris field, they can easily access more through Veda since they probably have access codes from Haro. So the part with Sumeragi asking the old man to keep it on a different terminal away from Veda proves that she's thinking along the same lines that they have illegal access to Veda when they shouldn't.

I'm not liking the 3 new Gundams at all. The characters are intresting but the Gundams are totally out of place. I feel like this is turning into Gundam Seed real fast. I honestly hope they keep all the Gundams and other mecha on equal terms as they where before. If they make these three out to be all powerful, then this show is gonna die real fast for the older generation of Gundam fans.
Feb 4, 2008 1:22 AM

Dec 2007
well... last episode i made a comment how the new gundams aren't actually overpowered, but that they caught the militaries by surprise...
Wow... this episode forces me to take back my words... they ARE overpowered... i mean the entire "super beam of death" thing basically confirms this...
Feb 4, 2008 1:37 AM
Oct 2007
@wakka9ca: Johann says 'chi no tsunagaru' = 'blood-related'
Feb 4, 2008 5:28 AM

Dec 2007
I just find this series more and more interesting. At first the idea of "peace through supperior fire power" seemed like a throw back to Gundam Wing ("we will enforce the Sank Kingdoms ideal of total pacifism with giant war machines!") but there is obviously much more to 00 than just that.

The idea of secrets within secrets being revealed here is just really interesting. Every time I think I am getting a handle on what is going on, a new twist is thrown into the mix. The new Meisters, the shadowy "observers", the seeming multiple levels to the Celestial Being organization and the mystery about how it was created and just what its goals *really* are.

I just love this kind of stuff. ^_^
Feb 4, 2008 10:32 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. There are still some questions that really need to be answered. Even though the new Gundams are over powered, it really fits that something really is going on.
Feb 4, 2008 5:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
silverfire said:
@wakka9ca: Johann says 'chi no tsunagaru' = 'blood-related'

Yes, I noticed that when I watched. It is strange how they actually EMPHASIZE it, as if ironic.(chi no tsunagatte imasu, watashitachi wa jitsu no kyoudai desu) I got SUSPICIOUS after Johann adds that to what he said... Genetically engineered brothers and sisters are also "blood-related" that may explain why they look SO different. (Remember Abel, Cain and Seth in Trinity blood?)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 5, 2008 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
Tekky99 said:
well... last episode i made a comment how the new gundams aren't actually overpowered, but that they caught the militaries by surprise...
Wow... this episode forces me to take back my words... they ARE overpowered... i mean the entire "super beam of death" thing basically confirms this...

Well it seems like Throne Eins has , like you said, a superbeam of death and sniper capabilities so it's like Dynames and Virtue combined. Throne Drei is like a rechargeable battery :)

Feb 5, 2008 11:57 PM

Dec 2007
StrikeNoir said:
Tekky99 said:

Well it seems like Throne Eins has , like you said, a superbeam of death and sniper capabilities so it's like Dynames and Virtue combined. Throne Drei is like a rechargeable battery :)

except that the biggest thing that we've seen the Virtue's cannons take out is a battleship...
the Eins' cannon disengrated 4-5 full structures
Feb 6, 2008 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
I'm so upset Nena kissed Setsuna ><
She should DIE``

"You have witnessed too much..." HAHA. That was great.
Feb 6, 2008 12:05 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was really good (like the previous one). I like the personalities of the Trinity siblings.
I just wonder how many episodes are left, before the Meisters start fighting against the Trinities =P
Feb 11, 2008 8:48 PM

Jan 2007
Nena is cute. Good episode.
Feb 11, 2008 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
Oh god, what a cocktease: "So CB's true objective is -"

If he figured it out, there should be enough hints to at least come up with some theories, but damn am I lazy.

Also Michael = Hallelujah mode 24/7. Which is good enough to me.

Faust721 said:
Nena is cute. Good episode.

+1, though I'm scared of what she can do later.
Feb 12, 2008 5:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Nena seems so confident, I'm sure that girl can bring hell down to that planet when she snaps. Good episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 12, 2008 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
I'm not so fond of the new Meisters; they seem like just another on the list of doomed, crazy trios in recent Gundam series (Stellar's group, anyone?). Why the heck would any intelligent organization trust their high tech weapons to a bunch of loonies? (Heh, I suppose if it really bothers me, I shouldn't be watching Gundam series at all, right? XD) Nevertheless, I'm hoping there's an explanation for it, like it has to do with their lineage or something -- there must be some significance to their being blood-related. In any case, Celestial Being's plans just got a whole lot murkier.

On the other hand, I liked seeing the reactions of the original four Meisters to the new trio. (Setsuna: "I was saving my first kiss for Marina, you bitch!" ... is what I thought XD)

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Feb 13, 2008 12:19 AM

Nov 2004
I found that Haro onii-chan thing hilarious. And what does the older brother Haro do? He's like "FUCK OFF!" and "DIE!" (okay, not exactly but the meaning's there). That was like the golden part of the episode for me for some reason. Haha. There needs to be an special about Haro's family. And the trio has given a really bad impression. I guess that's why it seemed like Tieria has them as the main enemy in the OP (while the others had their other counterparts), he probably hates them the most. Oh and because of the trio, I'm sure Tieria will now warm up to the other Meisters. The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

Setsuna losing his first kiss is like random. I guess it confirms that Setsuna really hates anyone touching him or his Gundam. And I don't think he'll ever have anything romantic for Marina considering she's like 8 years older then him.
Feb 13, 2008 5:34 AM

Dec 2007
Tekky99 said:
StrikeNoir said:
Tekky99 said:

except that the biggest thing that we've seen the Virtue's cannons take out is a battleship...
the Eins' cannon disengrated 4-5 full structures

Yeah but he had to use the power of his sister's Gundam too. Its true that their Gundams are very powerful but that's definitely not something he can use in close combat (did you see all the crap he had to do to get his gun out? I kept thinking someone would attack while they were waiting, rofl), so to me its not all that overpowered.

Man this episode was sweet. I'm not entirely sure whether Throne is apart of Celestial Being or not. The bit at the beginning made me think they weren't, but then why did they blow up the Professor? I don't get it. >_< If they ARE apart of Celestial Being, I know what their missions are supposed to be--to make sure no one gets too much information about CB. Which gives them a little more leeway in missions, as they can basically attack whoever they want if they're deemed too much of a threat.

The only thing that's bothering me (still) is that the "Character Auras" from Gundam Wing are apparently back in full force. Even though these new Gundams are more powerful/advanced than the original four, they STILL aren't capable of destroying Graham Acre, Sergei Smirnov or Soma Peiris, and Ali Al-Sarshes. You would think at least ONE of them would've died, but noooo...

Oh well. :D I'm not gonna let that stop me from enjoying stuff. To take a guess at what Eifman figured out? CB's real goal is either to take over the world, or force Earth to colonize space. I use that second one because no Gundam series gets away without bringing that up. Would be a weird way to get it done, don't you think? Having Gundams blow everything up until people finally get sick of Earth and leave? :D

Funniest moments in the episode? "Too bad...if he were a chick he'd be really hot" and Setsuna pushing away Nena like a total wuss. Hilarious. ^^
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 13, 2008 6:05 AM

Jan 2008
Setsuna isn't a wuss ;..;
Feb 13, 2008 1:51 PM
Jun 2007
Of the 3 Throne Meisters, Johann was the only one the didn't stand out that much to me. Michael was a tad to annoying because he just wouldn't shut up and because of his short temper. Nena was rather endearing (lol) because of her nonchalant demeanor. I want to see more of her in the couple of episodes, specifically when she becomes angry.

The scene at the beginning could be a hint that the Throne Meisters goals don't coincide with the original Meisters. or rather, they aren't exactly part of the plan. a new faction altogether just posing as members of Celestial Being.

Feb 13, 2008 11:07 PM

Dec 2007
Jaemi said:
Setsuna isn't a wuss ;..;

Hey, I had more "colorful" terms for him so be happy I just went with wuss.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 15, 2008 7:36 PM
Feb 2008
Another great episode. Bloody hell, these new Gundams kick some serious hide.

Sep 9, 2008 8:44 AM

Jun 2007
Okay, that Mihael(?) guy is just annoying. Plus, it seems Setsuna is having none of Neena's nonsense either!

All in all, I'm not sure about the new Gundams.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 25, 2009 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
I thought Tieria was unlikeable. These new characters just fail at getting any sympathy from me. >__<

BEGINNER
May 28, 2009 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
What's wrong with guys and kissing in this episode? Saji is ashamed of kissing the girl he likes. Really are you an idiot? And Setsuna really overreacted. Ok it was unexpected but hey you don't have to kill her, it's a kiss it's not like she kick you in the balls. OK she's a crazy bitch but she is still a sexy girl nether the less. Relax dude. It looks like he has a general problem with people touching him.
So new Gundam Meisters look like a crazy batch and kind of evil. From the first scene it seems like they weren't part of the original plan but someone found the Gundam data and created them. Also Nena must have done something to the computer.
Still a little confused what that scientist found about Schenberg's plans ans why did those new Gundams destroy him if they are not with Schenberg's plans. Don't get it here.
Graham seems to me like he would kick everyone's ass if he had a Gundam.
O! and lol at the "if he was a girl" comment about Tieria. Screen writers making jokes about there own characters.
Feb 8, 2010 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
Its seems that there is a new twist to the story.

And they killed the professor. What is CB true purpose?
Jun 22, 2010 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
I have to agree with Michael Trinity's comment about Tieria in this episode.

And the attac on the base was breath draining. Very cool!
Jul 24, 2010 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
Fucking deus ex machina meisters. Just when most of the main cast was developed and the conflicts were suspenseful and involving, psychos nobody knew about turn up and turn the setting on its head. My expectations for the rest of the series have tanked.
Jul 31, 2010 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
hm? I don't like them, I think they were Gundams made with the stolen data.
By the way, is the ongoing story between Sanji and Louise important?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 12, 2010 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
Na... Not too fond of the new meisters.. They're pretty hot but na... Attitude sucks.
Aug 18, 2010 7:10 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, did my initial criticism of this series come back to bite me in this episode. Now I'm really excited to know what's going to happen next and Celestial Being's history. Michael's quip about Tieria was quite fun, hehe.
Aug 20, 2010 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
Im guessing Louise and Saji will have an important role later.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
that stupid nena.
i definitely hate her!
oh and Michael said "Tieria would be hot if he is a girl"
i first thought that Tieria is a girl in gundam's 1st episode. :)

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Mar 15, 2011 7:16 PM
Nov 2010
Finally the plot starts moving.

The first 16 episodes were dull military stuff with uninteresting characters. Now the things might get interesting.
Apr 22, 2011 12:44 AM

Sep 2009
This is boring and pissing me off.
We get characters developed only to have them kicked away in a fit of joy as the new pilots come in with their bullshit.

Tension can't mount when you just add another mountain before it's finished being created.
Arg.

They kill of a fun and likable antagonist because he knows the truth? Jesus, how lame.
I saw zero point in killing Howard either.
SabinleroseApr 22, 2011 12:55 AM
Aug 25, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
Netforce said:

Hahaha so true.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.