Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I think the flag for Yuuri has been triggered. Of course, I didn't think she would fall into the river but Futaba's got some competition now.

This was a nice episode though as the group gets closer together on their trip. Hell, even Shuuko is with them too. The night scenes were cute :3
Aug 4, 2014 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Some kind of stamp collecting activities with stations. Getting lost before getting at "biggest pond". Everyone working together to get out, to the extend that everyone even eventually found out about her tripped ankle.

Friend's promise, not sure what that girl who likes the teacher thinks about it (whether she is jealous or being lonely or what). Then everyone watching sunrise, recommended by main girl. End of the trip and she gets to know him better including being afraid of celery, mean by mouth but with kind heart.

Text message by short hair girl, and confessing about falling in love with KajiKaji's character (as expected), before main girl saying she fall in love with him, too. Not sure how she will act from now on.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
I like how this episode, focuses on the 5 main cast and go out to have fun activities together. Also where they try to make their way to the dark woods.

As always it is heartwarming as ever. Futabe and Kou progression is still there, and hoping for these two to be together.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot about this, don't know about Yuuri now since she takes an interest in Kou now, a love triangle is coming...
omega_d94Aug 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 4, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode with some heartfelt moments in there. Nothing really happened but it was good to see some more chemistry build there especially among the big 5. But uh oh. Yuuri with the mail bomb. Love triangle... engage... in 3... 2... 1...

dankzelAug 4, 2014 12:40 PM
Aug 4, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2013
Nice to see them working hard to get to the finish line, although the got lost in the end lol. We have a love rival now, and it is who I expected it to be. Can't wait to see how this will turn out.
Aug 4, 2014 12:31 PM
Jan 2014
Lol at the face Kou made when he realized there was celery in the juice.

Shuuko gave a second thought about drinking the juice, as soon as she heard that Tanaka was involved in making it. She did guess that thyme was the other ingredient though.

Glad that Shuuko and Yuuri are getting closer and sharing their thoughts with each other.

Yuuri was so cute while she was panicking about crossing the river. I knew she would fall for Kou at the moment he went out to help her.

Futaba got a bit closer to Kou again, he was very helpful during the trip. Not to mention that he carried Futaba on his back due to her injured ankle.

The night scene was also cute. Kominato is a very enthusiastic fellow.

The group got along pretty well, with a minor problem of course. I wonder what Futaba will do from now on, since she has a very close competitor.
ResidentAug 4, 2014 12:49 PM
Aug 4, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
All of them watching the sunrise was very heart warming, I wonder how Futaba will react when she got that text message from Yuuri saying that she likes Mabuchi. Beautiful episode as always.
Aug 4, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
Yuuri falling for Kou was kinda obvious, but now Futaba's got some competition.
Aug 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
I have a feeling Futaba will back off for Yuuri. She seems to really treasure her friends since they're finally "true friends."

The sunrise scene was totally adorable, loved that.
Aug 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2013
Yup, triangle alert.
Aug 4, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
The river crossing flag was pro. Well played, Kou, well played.
And thus Yuuri enters the battle now :)
Aug 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2010
Best part was Kou being pissed on the bus with everyone sleeping on him :D
Aug 4, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
The episode was alright, although Yuuri crushing on Kou is cliche and I'm not really seeing much development in the relationship between Kou and Futaba, hoping it gets better!
Aug 4, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
fishergirl16 said:
I have a feeling Futaba will back off for Yuuri. She seems to really treasure her friends since they're finally "true friends."

The sunrise scene was totally adorable, loved that.

Yeah, I can see that happening...however, what I also see happening is Kou breaking Yuuri's heart because judging from Kou's actions so far, I don't think he returns the feelings...at least considering seeing how often he bends over backwards for Futaba.
Aug 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
1. Please ship futaba x yuuri together :D

2. What a boring orientation camp. hopefully the drama gets good now that yuuri is after mabuchi

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
Decent episode. There were a lot of cute Kou and Futaba moments like usual, and the sunrise part was nice. The group seems closer now.
Yuuri's message to Futaba was kind of expected with the way she reacted when Kou helped her. Guess there's going to be a love triangle.
Aug 4, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2011
Worst mail you could get from your friend.
Aug 4, 2014 1:09 PM
Jan 2010
"Hyper ikuse, yo yo yo."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.
AND WHY IS HE WEARING A HAIR CLIP
Aug 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
Decent episode. Now Futaba knows she loves Kou, but I really wish it would show Kou returning feelings like blushing or somethinggg. The animation wasnt good through most of the episode, unlike the past episodes. Of course Yuuri likes Kou. It would be better if there was a girl who actually would be competition to Futaba. Obviously Kou wouldn't like Yuuri.
Aug 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, like the manga chapters that adapted.
Kou waiting with Futaba was beautiful, his weird way to show her that he cares.
That mail was destroying... But falling in love with someone who helped you cross a river is just... lol.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
That smile of Kou at the end was so freaking awesome! Don't really like that Yuuri is going to infiltrate the Kou x Futuba ship i adore. Loved the OST they used. I am really liking this anime so far :D

This episode: 5/5
Aug 4, 2014 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode,but Yuuri falling for Kou was kind of predictable but it was nice to see Futaba's and Kou releationship developing.

I also noticed that animation was somewhat lackluster compared to previous episodes.
Aug 4, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
So love triangle.
I won't say that I'm surprised.

But I don't think that Futaba will do something.
Aug 4, 2014 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Kou helping Makitato crossed the river was nice.

Kou gave Futaba a piggyback was a good one.
Aug 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was fast -.-

I didn't expect Yuuri to tell Futaba she likes Kou :O I forgot that she doesn't know about Futaba loving him ^^; But well, Kou will reject her even so XD

Plz no heavy drama >.< I wonder how Futaba will react.

Good ep though ^^;

The KouxFutaba scenes were cute as usual esp the cat one when he keeps changing the topic XD
Aug 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
It was funny seeing how hyper and excited Futaba and Kominato were compared to Kou and the rest XD.

Awww, even Murao joined them in the guess the ingredients of the drink game because she heard that the drinks were made by her beloved sensei :3

The fact that Kominato managed to lead everyone by following his feelings and actually finding every checkpoint was hilarious, especially with Futaba that kept telling them to look at the map XD.

It looks like all of that bonding and friendship didn't help them find the finish line at the biggest lake and actually made them get lost lol.

Of course that when things are tough they start falling apart as a team for a few moments only.

The fact that Kou "saved" Yuuri from the scary rock and scary river made him trigger her flag lol.

I was sure Kou would offer Futaba a piggyback ride :3

Watching the sunrise together, such friendship, such bonding :3

Hahahaha, poor Kou, everyone fell asleep on him in the bus XD.

Damn... exactly when she was about to say that she likes the new Kou that freaking awfully timed mail from Yuuri came, saying that she thinks she's fallen for him...

No matter... there's no rival that Futaba can't defeat, even if it's her new best friend XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 4, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
Kou has the best facial impressions. The juice drinking, and sitting in the bus with all of them leaning on him while sleeping.. :D
Aug 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
Yuuri - hated her in the manga, hate her even more in the anime.
Aug 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
Love Koutaba moments in this episode! <3

Don't like how Yuuri start to like Kou,
most of guys in her class are nice to her,
I will never understand her sudden love towards Kou.

Oh well... I don't really like all these forced love3... -.-

Komi is so cute! <3
But I don't like his behavior when it comes to Shuuko :/

Neko is here! *.*
When he started to meow...
Aww... aww... so cute!
Love how Kou used cat as an excuse to stay with Futaba <3

Next episode... more Koutaba feelings <3

Hope next episode will get better animation quality ;)
Aug 4, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Here we go...
Aug 4, 2014 1:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kunagi7 said:
But falling in love with someone who helped you cross a river is just... lol.

Maybe it's the suspension bridge effect? :P

Ahhh Kou and the kitty was so cute ^^ Kou's too adorable. Love how he was like "ah, this guy has one sock on!" I'm glad everyone ended up getting along well together, and the sunrise scene was calming. And here comes everyone's favorite, love triangle! Hopefully some people not liking Yuuri isn't just because she also likes Kou, because if so, smh.
Aug 4, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2011

Ooh this scene made me giggle.
Aug 4, 2014 2:02 PM
Aug 2011
The problem I have with this is that the more complex characters of the bunch (Murao) are usually sidelined.

Not saying that she's leagues more complex than Futaba but all i've gotten from Futaba in these five episodes have been:
-this Kou isn't the same from before
-am I in love with the new Kou or the old Kou?
-Kou changed so much in apperance
- I don't know if Kou is mean or nice... I guess he's nice

and many other variants of the same thought process.

Cute kitty. Shitty text message.

Kunagi7 said:
But falling in love with someone who helped you cross a river is just... lol.

what? u not scared of the monsters in the river that will eat your soul if you fall into it??
Aug 4, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2013
I just love that opening song <3 <3 *-*
Aug 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

Ooh this scene made me giggle.

picture of the day hahaha LOL :D
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
Oh Yuuri, why do you annoy me all out of sudden?

Even though it's not her fault...

I feel a Tokimeki Memorial Girl Side, backstabbing & boyfriend stealing, friend vibe...
Aug 4, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
Considering Ao Haru Ride is my favorite romance manga, I'm a little picky with the anime. I love how the story is so close to the manga (a huge thumbs up), however I don't know if it's just me, but the art seems a little lazy sometimes. It's a very good art that's colorful and vibrant, but sometimes in episodes (especially episode 5) I feel like the art looks a little funny and they also make Yoshioka's hair look kinda weird. It's not a huge problem, but when I love a manga, I want the anime to be perfect. Despite that, I enjoy watching all these great characters in moving color!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 2:31 PM
Jul 2013
The episodes are really REALLY shorter than the manga >:
They cut off A LOT of parts :(
Aug 4, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
As if Yuuri has a chance, come on....
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think Futaba should be scared of Yuri ;) Yuri will confess someday and be rejected probably.

Kou has a lot going on i'm sure, even before he can date Futaba.
Aug 4, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
I wasn't really feeling the first half of this episode, but I really liked the little bonding moments between the group and the sunrise scene. I absolutely loved the little details that Futaba started to take notice of in Kou and the realization that she had fallen for the 16-year-old Kou. I really like how they emphasized and heightened the emotions in the very last portion there.

That text from Yuuri though... I mean, I knew it was coming since I've read the manga, but it still made me facepalm.

Overall, probably my least favorite episode so far, but it was still nice and heartwarming.
Aug 4, 2014 3:16 PM
Nov 2013
The art in the manga is very beautiful but in the anime is not really that good i wonder why it ended like this in the anime but i hope it will improve.
Aug 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2011
Not like it's much of a surprise to see a love triangle develop in a shoujo romance, and it is understandable that Yuuri would fall for the first boy who paid her positive attention. As people have said, I don't think she'll be much competition for Kou's heart for Futaba. It was also good to see Murao open up a bit with Yuuri--she too is someone who is socially isolated, although that might be self-imposed.

Mod Note: Just a reminder to the manga readers to use spoiler quotes and try not to be too specific about any future plot points, even if someone asks. It's better to just pm them if you want to answer their questions.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 4, 2014 3:35 PM
Aug 2011
bloodymeadow said:
The art in the manga is very beautiful but in the anime is not really that good i wonder why it ended like this in the anime but i hope it will improve.

Uhhh because drawing moving characters takes many frames, lots of time, money, and a team of people and I bet you anything that those animators are overworked and rushed.

While a mangaka might also be rushed and overworked but at least they can devote their entire skill into tweaking and perfecting each panel until they are satisfied with it.
This isn't rocket science.
standAug 4, 2014 3:40 PM
Aug 4, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
oh i see... yuuri is one of those girls that falls in love with any guy that does something nice for her

jeez
Aug 4, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 2013
So kawaii
Aug 4, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
Love triangle, commence !!!!
Aug 4, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
i dont think that kou is interrested in Yuuri
Aug 4, 2014 4:37 PM
Mar 2013
That was expected...
Aug 4, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
Of course Yuuri would fall for Kou too :O
Really do hope that Futaba doesn't give in! Futaba should say that she likes Kou too to Yuuri. Make it fair competition which won't sour the friendship.
Really don't want to see Futaba being sad over this EMAIL!!!
Or Kou can just make it clear with something like this, "Futaba is the only one for me" >.<

Well it was nice seeing the piggyback and Futaba realizing her "heart pounding source" xD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.