Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Although I don't like Ken much int his show, he is quite amusing.

The shoujo manga development was kinda funny again. Well, we have Mamiko in her usual cliche moments from the fictional work.

And MAENO. LOL. This was gold.
Aug 3, 2014 12:35 PM
Jan 2014
I see why Nozaki picked his new editor to be Ken.
He can't stand Maeno's presence, not that I can either, lol.

It was nice to see Nozaki impersonating Mamiko during school. Chiyo really liked his bento and admitted that he is better cook than her. Even Mikorin had a share.

Carting Kashima around seemed pretty exciting, albeit on the extreme side. I guess Nozaki had fun portraying a female shoujo character, in the end.

Gotta love those Kashima x Hori moments.

That epilogue...lol.
Aug 3, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
Nozaki acting like Mamiko was hilarious. The moment he realised why he didn't feel any sense of accomplishment after hiding from Kashima's fangirls, I couldn't stop laughing.
Aug 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Obvious jokes are rarely funny, but luckily rest of the episode (more or less) picked up.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 3, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
Kashima was so cute in this episode, especially when she wanted to prove she could lift Hori up as well.
Aug 3, 2014 12:44 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
To be Sakura is to suffer.
Aug 3, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2010
This was brilliant.
So many funny moments this episode i really loved it.
The part where Kashima was driven around on the cart made me laugh none stop and then there was also the part where Mikota got the bento.
I also loved all those Tanuki they where very funny tho i feel a bit sorry for Miyako.

Jun 2013
Nozaki portraying as Mamiko was very funny. Those bento's looked great that he made. The best bit was when he was with Kashima and running away from those girls.

Apr 2014
its ok nozaki-kum i would hate your previous editor too

the best laugh i ever had are with this anime
Aug 3, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Aug 3, 2014 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
If I've learned anything from this episode, is that "Tanuki tanuki, tanuki, tanuki tanuki tanuki, tanuki. And tanuki."

Also, being a guy eating a bento from another guy is completely acceptable. I mean, free food, right?
Aug 3, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
Tanuki, tanuki everywhere.
And Maeno is funnier in the anime lol.
I laughed so hard this episode...
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 3, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2011
That reaction from Nozaki after Mikoshiba compliments his cooking lol.

Tanuki... Tanuki... Tanuki...
Aug 3, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
I found it weird that Hori would be worried about Kashima being a girl there ^^" Since he kicked her in a previous episode lol Wasn't that worse? oO He sure is concerned about weird things...
Aug 3, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
Kashima looked so helpless while Nozaki was pushing her around on that cart. Kind of felt bad for her when she flew face first into the bushes.
Aug 3, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ken-san was much better than Maeno.

Lol at Kashima's facial expression when Nozaki carting Kashima around the school.
Aug 3, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2014
This is literally how I would have reacted XD Nozaki-kun I feel your pain!

Aug 3, 2014 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Damn,one of the best laughs I had watching something,it's really hilarious.
Aug 3, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
love this anime, never fails to make me laugh. :)

Maeno was amazing....Ken is a good character as well, I love how Nozaki admires him so much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Tanuki, Tanuki, Tanuki.

Maeno-san. The flashback snippets, the blog, the amusementpark pictures.. I can't even.
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
This series is too much fun :D

Nozaki's love for Ken is so lol and Sakura's reactions when she thought he's a mature woman XD Really love Sakura's tsukkomi'ing <3 Telling him that Ken just doesn't like him XD

But no wonder, if u have that kind of editor like Maeno, a trauma is inevitable XD Tanuki's everywhere XD

WAKAMOTO narrating was so good :3

"Nxt time...It's revealed to be Yamamoto-san" XD And Nozaki throwing the manga XD Hilarious XD Spoiling the culprit in the pv XD

"Those 2 only think about love and don't study enough" XD Says the author XD

Nozaki pushing Kashima running away from the girls thinking he knows now what it feels to have many girl enemies XD Then dumping her "I can't feel ur something special" XD

Waka incoming >.<
Aug 3, 2014 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
Really fun episode like always! Really liked Nozaki pretending to be Mamiko.That luch box was the best.
I still want mor love intercation between the 2 main protagonists though. Sakura made the luch box her walpaper, that was really sweet.
Aug 3, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Sakura was so cute near the end when she made the bento her wallpaper ^-^ good episode.
Aug 3, 2014 1:37 PM
Oct 2012
This show is still awesome, I love who Nozaki gets his inspiration for his manga from, both male and female, or is that female and male?

I love how the writer subverts gender stereotypes without actually subverting the gender of the characters.

And Ken is a great editor.
Aug 3, 2014 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Oh,and I noticed Marche Funebre from Chopin was played for few seconds.
Aug 3, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Noxidian said:
Kashima was so cute in this episode, especially when she wanted to prove she could lift Hori up as well.

You do realize that is nothing cute about making your love interest feel inferior , right?
He even considered that he insulted her ....but nope?
She HAD to insult his "manliness" ........
I didnt find that cute at all.

Also the image needs some editing to show that he was about to transform into a super saiyajin!
TheAnimeFanGirlx said:
This is literally how I would have reacted XD Nozaki-kun I feel your pain!

"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 3, 2014 1:52 PM
Aug 2011
Mikorin gets the cutest bento!

Maeno's so full of himself that so far he's the one that has gotten the most emotion out of Nozaki.

Edit: was that seriously Wakamoto Norio narrating at one point? holy crap
standAug 4, 2014 1:31 AM
Aug 3, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
Omg, Nakamura Yuuichi (Nozaki) plus Miyano Mamoru (Suzuki) combo is like hearing a dream come true. Plus Miyano had such a nice lines as a Suzuki in this episode, I am melting.
And yeah, that was another funny episode!
Aug 3, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
Those tanukis though...They are invading the whole manga universe!

Lol! Nozaki's rage against Maeno. I can understand why he felt so happy when he got Ken-chan. He is a serious editor.

Love the HorixKashima moment <3 They are so cute together!
Aug 3, 2014 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Nozaki getting irritated after seeing Maeno and acting as Mamiko was super hilarious.

Gotta love this show.
Aug 3, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2011
Ken-chan is actually a pretty good editor--he picked out the three identical panels and identified a problem point and then he left it up to Nozaki to decide how to make them more expressive about Mamiko's feelings. The rest of the episode was straight laughs--clearly the comedy of the season if not the year.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
Not enough Chiyo :(
Aug 3, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
ROLF nozaki as mamiko was insane and oh that editor what a pain :@
Aug 3, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
Kawaisou, Nozaki no Editor-san. ;__;

When Nozaki was carting Kashima around I had to stop the video because I was laughing too loudly to hear anything. Glad I was home alone 'cause it was probably like a hyena or something.

In Conclusion: 2/10, not enough Mikorin. </3

Joking aside, the pacing felt quite different than usual, a little more like the first episode, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. And still really cute! Nozaki's infatuation with his editor is well-deserved. FFFFF Maenoooo *shakes fist*

OH the bean throwing instead of Valentines had me laughing hard. As a fan of Hatoful Boyfriend, it was like Legumentines/Mamentine had come to life a hundred years too early. XD
currycurryAug 3, 2014 3:05 PM
Aug 3, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2009
Waka and Seo next week, fuck yes

Aug 3, 2014 3:11 PM

Dec 2011
Chiyo's fantasy was shattered in an instant by that phone call and Nozaki's rush to clean up.

Chiyo's reaction to the fact that Nozaki said he wouldn't this stressed over a girlfriend and her misunderstanding what he said about his editor was pure gold XD.

Well... um... his editor is nothing like what Nozaki said he was like...

Poor Nozaki doesn't understand that his editor doesn't like and that he's not responding quickly at all, I'd say he's taking his sweet time actually... apparently he's faster than the ones that took an year to respond lol.

Nozaki sure didn't have a lot of luck when it came to editor it would seem...

TANUKI POWER!!!

LOL, that next chapter preview spoiled every dream of an interesting plot Nozaki had thought it would be.

We get to meet a new mangaka that this time around is a really girl that's a college student.

That Maeno seems like one annoying bastard... poor Miyako-sensei T.T

Hahahaha, Nozaki's outburst and the way Chiyo had to hold him was funny XD.

"Suzuki-kun... She keep calling out to Suzuki"... epic...

Hehe, Nozaki's going to play the role of Mamiko for the whole day XD.

LOL, the feeling of having girls as enemies by stealing Yuu away from them, priceless.

Nozaki toyed with Yuu's feelings and now she feels like she was dumped XD.

In the end Nozaki still went for the "study more" part that Mamiko was neglecting lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 3, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2007
Continuing from the end of last ep. Cool lady? No, it was Otaku looking guy! Fast replying, and nice recommendations when asking for opinions. lol @ previous editor Maeno. Mangaka neighbor?! lol~ his editor is Maeno!!

Nozaki-kun's Bento to Nobu's character is actually delicious (oh, he made for the girl, too)! Helping out that trap who is popular with girls.

He realized he needs the girl in his manga to study?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 3, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
Ken is MUCH better than Maeno LOL.

Tanuki, tanuki.. then they decide to go for elephants? XD
I couldn't stop laughing throughout this episode.
Aug 3, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Ken was pretty much of an a-hole in this episode because of his personality, but then after seeing him on a few scenes and being a hard worker, he looks pretty cool. I agree on Nozaki that his previous editor was an a-hole.

LOL I was laughing when he is imitating as Mamoko to find out about feelings for his Manga XD. Also using Kashima as a prop for his ideas XD. Although I like the nice little moment between Kashima and Hori.

Yukari is not bad of a person, but she can be fooled easily when it comes to Mitsuya's pictures.

Aug 3, 2014 3:33 PM
Jul 2011
Chiyo has an iPhone.
Aug 3, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2014
Another grade A episode
"I'm Mamiko, I'm Mamiko, I'm Mamiko"
And the fact the Nozaki got a more satisfactory response from Mikoshima than those of Sakura and Yuzuki
BlazePonyAug 3, 2014 3:52 PM
Aug 3, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
LOL @ "those two think only about love, and don't study at all"
LOL @ Kashima "So mean... Nozaki was toying with me..."
Aug 3, 2014 4:32 PM
Apr 2013
Wow, Nozaki-kun's previous editor is such a narcissist. Can't blame Nozaki-kun that he went with the much more competent, but emotionally colder editor. Those tanukis were indeed creepy.

The second skit was hilarious though. Having Nozaki-kun role-play as a shoujo heroine was gold enough, but put it through this show's genre subverting hands and it becomes brilliant. The parts surrounding Mikohiba and Kashima were my favorite.

And Norio Wakamoto as a narrator. Now my life is complete.
MCALAug 3, 2014 4:59 PM
Aug 3, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2013
Another funny episode I lost it when Nozaki threw the manga on the floor out of rage and when he carted Yuu away from the fangirls like it was nothing
Aug 3, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Maeno seems like pain in the ass lol.Ah, and Minorin is such a good character - we need more of him.
Aug 3, 2014 4:57 PM

Apr 2014
that was great.
I mean, nozaki acting like mamiko
then the chase scene
i couldn't stop laughing
Aug 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Mar 2012
I started to study. "I like smart girls". huh? did my love level up as well?

And then the ken san's response !!
Aug 3, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
The whole Maeno thing was just... priceless.
It's been a while since I laughed this hard with an anime.
Nozaki carrying Kashima around was the best part, definitely.
Totally hilarious.
Aug 3, 2014 5:47 PM
Oct 2012
MCAL said:
Can't blame Nozaki-kun that he went with the much more competent, but emotionally colder editor.

We don't know if Ken is really colder, he has much the same problem in dealing with Nozaki that Sakura does: Nozaki doesn't get the hint. Ken is actually an extremely good editor and he is trying to help Nozaki become a better writer, but he is frustrated that little actually gets through to Nozaki (a good example was when he had Nozaki read those three panels).

But that is what is so much fun about this series, if people actually got the hints this show would have been over in the first episode, but because no one gets it, they do.

And yes Kashima lifting the guy was cute, because Kashima inadvertently acts more like a boy than all the male characters in this show, all while still being 100% a woman (just like Mikoshiba inadvertently acts more like a girl than all the female characters in this show, all while still being 100% a man). That is where the charm and comedy of this show comes from.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JUMP-Senshi - Sep 21, 2014

509 by Stratocaslyn »»
Apr 16, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

199 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 26, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

186 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

154 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

150 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Jan 24, 4:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.