Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Your Favourite/Least Favourite Naruto Arc And a Rating (Original plus Shippuden)

New
Aug 2, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
As it's ending soon, I was wondering what everyone's favourite(s)/least favorite(s) arcs are. Try to include a favourite and a least favourite.
Please explain why you liked/did not like it and give it a rating out of 10.
Rankings (top 10 best arcs, top 5 worst arcs , best to worst arcs) are also welcome.
For me the best would be the Hidan and Kazuku arc because of Hidan (lol) and that Shikamaru got more screen time 9/10 for me. Land of waves and chunin exams would come at a close seond. The worst would be the Kage summit arc as I found it to be rather boring. Probably a 5.5/10
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
Favourite is probably Invasion of Pain arc. Pain was an awesome villain. Naruto got a lot of screen time, and the main battle was awesome. I'd give it a 9/10.

Next favourite (very close) would be the war arc, since it has quite a few amazing moments (including my favourite episode in the entire series, 329). However it is bogged down by quite a lot of dull moments and slow bits (like the first fight, with Sasori etc). Not to mention the amount of fillers they shoved in. Overall, again 9/10 just for the epic moments.

Worst was probably Kazekage rescue arc, since it was so slow. 4/10 from me.
Aug 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Favorite is Pain arc (or more accurately Itachi Pursuit + Invasion of Konoha) . I wrote why before:

My next favorites, my 9's:
Chunin Exams arc
Search for Tsunade
Sasuke Reterival arc
Kazekage rescue arc (was slow tho, but I will forgive that cuz I enjoyed the content)
Hidan and Kakzu arc
5 kage summit arc
The war arc except for it's beginning and what's beyond chapter 678 I think?

My 8's:
Land of waves
Invasion of Konoha
Confining the Jin (If it were Kushina's episodes alone, then it's 10/10)

Least favorite is probably Sasuke and Sai arc, it had it's importance, but I didn't enjoy it a lot. 7/10.
and others
Shinobi world war the beginning
introduction arc
tsudecimoAug 2, 2014 8:10 PM
Aug 2, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
By far, Itachi Pursuit arc. Itachi is a great char. He got the deserved screen time, and a good fight. Also the twist at the end was really good.The rating would be a 9/10

Now onto my least favorite, probably the current one. War too dragged, fillers too much, villains too edgy, except for Madara. Rating 4.5/10
I miss Naruto's golden age...
PriestSlayerAug 2, 2014 8:10 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 2, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
I don't know if I can say a favorite. I love a lot of the arcs but I would have to say the Kazekage Rescue arc and the Sasuke and Sai arc are my least favorites. First of all the timeskip was handled horribly, Kishi was only able to make it so Naruto grow larger in body size and nowhere else. Then it was Naruto's behavior during the whole arc. Surprisingly it was Sakura that made that arc as good as it was. Then the Sasuke and Sai arc felt sorta rushed/pointless. I mean it introduced Yamato and Sai who are important characters, showed Danzo's plans, and gave us a look at what happened to Sasuke and new inspiration for Naruto but it felt just wedged in there.
Aug 3, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2014
It's interesting that some people love the war arc and some people hate it...
My top anime quotes
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Aug 3, 2014 1:45 AM

Aug 2014
Ahhh, I choose the wrong one by accident.

For some reason I liked the whole thing with Zabuza. Mainly because it was around when I first started watching. 7/10

The Chuunin Exams almost made me quit the show though. I just found it so unnecessarily drawn out (like most of the show tbh). 2/10
-----------------------------
"There is a lot happening right now." - Me, entering Walmart for the first time.

"Imma dice this b***. Imma slice this b****. Imma ice this b****. I don't like this b****. Imma fight this b****." - Zebra Katz
Aug 3, 2014 2:19 AM

Jan 2014
kirbehyostom said:
Ahhh, I choose the wrong one by accident.

For some reason I liked the whole thing with Zabuza. Mainly because it was around when I first started watching. 7/10

The Chuunin Exams almost made me quit the show though. I just found it so unnecessarily drawn out (like most of the show tbh). 2/10

I saw your list and it said you didn't finish the first series....
My top anime quotes
Aug 4, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
Accidentally voted for Land of Waves =( I'll probably go Itachi Pursuit, Invasion of Pain, Ten Tails Revival arc or the second half of the War arc.
DarkDawn said:
It's interesting that some people love the war arc and some people hate it...
It's a pretty divisive topic. In the manga discussions people seem to have nothing but complaints for the chapters, but in the anime discussions people have nothing but praise. Not to mention about 50% of it sucked and the other 50% was batshit insane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 3:51 AM

Jan 2014
Best arcs were Land of Waves and Hidan and Kakuzu, solid 8s, good story, fleshed out characters for the most part, really intense, had some good fights, clever fights, and most importantly, actual ninjas.

Followed by the Chuunin Exam (excluding the invasion) and Sasuke retrieval, the latter had some good character development for Sasuke, and arguably being his swan song before he became stale.

Lowest point is the current arc, the so-called war. All-around bad writing, no threat whatsoever, terrible villains ranging from countless fodder to reaurrected old characters for fanservice/fiction-realization, character arcs ripping off others for lack of inspiration, resulting in everyone being a fucking parallel to Naruto and more of the shitty spoon-fed cycle of hatred plot, that no longer makes any morsel of sense within the show's continuity.
A 2/10, since it had some memorable moments still.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
It's a pretty divisive topic. In the manga discussions people seem to have nothing but complaints for the chapters, but in the anime discussions people have nothing but praise. Not to mention about 50% of it sucked and the other 50% was batshit insane.

Yeah I noticed that, maybe because of the volume of the content, more happen in one episode compared to one chapter.

Well it's well received in Japan, and that's what I care about, as far as other people opinions are concerned.
Aug 4, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Favourite arc is Chunin Exams by quite a bit.
A lot of great characters were introduced, including my favourite villain and favourite rookie. Great fights, confrontations and many heartfelt moments which are one of Naruto as a series' strong points in comparison to others.

Least favourite would be the Sai arc even though I like Yamato. It was pretty uneventful, and there was hardly a lively character to carry the arc.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 4, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
judals said:
Best arcs were Land of Waves and Hidan and Kakuzu, solid 8s, good story, fleshed out characters for the most part, really intense, had some good fights, clever fights, and most importantly, actual ninjas.

Followed by the Chuunin Exam (excluding the invasion) and Sasuke retrieval, the latter had some good character development for Sasuke, and arguably being his swan song before he became stale.

Land of Waves were far from having good fights. Team 7 vs Zabuza was just Naruto explaining how he turned into a shuriken for 5 minutes, Naruto/Sasuke vs Haku was like Naruto trying to run (and failing) for half an hour and then having an emotional chat for the rest. Kakashi vs Zabuza round 2 was just them standing there for like half an hour. Worst fights of the series. Honestly, it did a good job of setting up the story and setting a foundation for their world, but how can anyone say it had good fights when it easily had the weakest fights in the series.
Aug 5, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
What's it to you whether I liked them or not?

Against my better judgement I'll assume you're just being curious:
That Shuriken part was pretty damn good. Better than any stupid golem vs Susanoo imo. Small scale but with more tension.

Oh and Kakashi vs Zabuza, back when Genjutsu was clever, and didn't work 'because I told you so'.
The way kakashi tricked him into thinking he can read minds/the future was brilliantly done. And the fight didn't end there, Zabuza proved to be a real threat and the rematch was just as intense.

Not some unimpressive DBZ explosions and Uchiha/Kyuubi power ups.

Also the story was actualy emotional, and as I mentioned in the other thread, didn't end with the same rehashed sob story.
Aug 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
judals said:

Oh and Kakashi vs Zabuza, back when Genjutsu was clever, and didn't work 'because I told you so'.
You mean you didn't think Sasuke tricking Danzo into believing he had a Sharingan left on his arm was clever? In my opinion that was the best use of genjutsu in the whole show.
Aug 7, 2014 5:51 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

You mean you didn't think Sasuke tricking Danzo into believing he had a Sharingan left on his arm was clever? In my opinion that was the best use of genjutsu in the whole show.

What were the details? How did he manage to place and fool Danzo? It seems too easy to just place a Genjutsu, and say "he fell for it"
It was kinda clever I guess. The fight was good, but not as good as LoW
Aug 7, 2014 6:02 AM

May 2014
Land of Waves arc since I have fond memories of it, followed by the Chunin Exam arc. Those were good times, training, tactics, world building, everything was nice and laid out.

Afterwards Kazekage Rescue Arc for Sakura action and fleshing out the Sand village setting, which was quite an intriguing element from the Chuunin arc.

And then Itachi Pursuit Arc because we get the most morally ambiguous anti-villain in the story.
Aug 7, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
Invasion of Pain arc, It will always be my favorite arc, Pain was just too awesome.
Aug 7, 2014 8:08 AM

Feb 2014
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

That only made a shock factor that we know afterward that Danzo are on Genjutsu.
While tactical shuriken play and combat in LoW arc are the most close about this Ninja thing and it made it so full of memories that i still remembered it even now.
Aug 7, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
Chuunin Exam Arc.
Rock Lee and Gaara simply make that arc is the best.
Jun 21, 2015 2:57 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
Favorite is Pain arc (or more accurately Itachi Pursuit + Invasion of Konoha) . I wrote why before:

My next favorites, my 9's:
Chunin Exams arc
Search for Tsunade
Sasuke Reterival arc
Kazekage rescue arc (was slow tho, but I will forgive that cuz I enjoyed the content)
Hidan and Kakzu arc
5 kage summit arc
The war arc except for it's beginning and what's beyond chapter 678 I think?

My 8's:
Land of waves
Invasion of Konoha
Confining the Jin (If it were Kushina's episodes alone, then it's 10/10)

Least favorite is probably Sasuke and Sai arc, it had it's importance, but I didn't enjoy it a lot. 7/10.
and others
Shinobi world war the beginning
introduction arc

Great analysis on the Invasion of Pain arc!
Its my favourite arc too I wish the war arc was half as good (it became a mess towards the end)
Although I'm not a fan of the characters coming back to life at the end, everything else was perfect though

My second favourite would be Hidan and Kakuzu arc, Asuma's death was emotional and Hidan and Kakuzu were finally villians who didn't have a sad past and were just evil (desperately needed in the series, since most turn good at the end)

Back then tactics were used and not just DBZ style explosions
Maou293Jun 21, 2015 3:02 PM
Jun 21, 2015 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
There are still tactics and strategy in the war arc.
Jun 21, 2015 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Chunin exams, Itachi pursuit & invasion of Pain are ∞/10.
Everything else would either be an 8 or 9, minus the Confining the Jinchuriki Arc (I only liked the Kushina part) & the war arc until Madara showed up. I don't really have a least favorite, even the most boring arcs had entertaining moments.
Jun 21, 2015 3:58 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:

Not much, its mostly just power up after power up and DBZ-esque explosions
Maou293Jun 21, 2015 4:02 PM
Jun 21, 2015 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
babymimi said:
Everything else would either be an 8 or 9, minus the Confining the Jinchuriki Arc (I only liked the Kushina part) & the war arc until Madara showed up. I don't really have a least favorite, even the most boring arcs had entertaining moments.

Sai Arc *cough*.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 21, 2015 4:22 PM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
babymimi said:

Sai Arc *cough*.

Shit lol, it was just unnecessary but not that bad, maybe a 6-7. It would've been so much better without the Naruto/Orochimaru fight. & I liked Sai in the beginning but looking back his subplot was useless because we barely got to see him afterwards (which is a good thing, he quickly got boring).
Jun 21, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
I don't know if I can say a favorite. I love a lot of the arcs but I would have to say the Kazekage Rescue arc and the Sasuke and Sai arc are my least favorites. First of all the timeskip was handled horribly, Kishi was only able to make it so Naruto grow larger in body size and nowhere else. Then it was Naruto's behavior during the whole arc. Surprisingly it was Sakura that made that arc as good as it was. Then the Sasuke and Sai arc felt sorta rushed/pointless. I mean it introduced Yamato and Sai who are important characters, showed Danzo's plans, and gave us a look at what happened to Sasuke and new inspiration for Naruto but it felt just wedged in there.
Forgot to talk about my favorite arcs, must not have read it fully.

Anyways my favorite arcs are probably the chuunin exam and pain arc, maybe add in the Hidan and Kakuzu arc for favorite and the war arc for least favorite. Was really hoping that the manga fans were wrong about it since they usually are but as it goes it gets on my nerves even more, especially the filler. Beginning of the arc was horrible, the worst filler arc the series has ever had and then the stupid water prison thing, etc.
Jun 22, 2015 6:38 AM
Jun 2015
IntroverTurtle said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Forgot to talk about my favorite arcs, must not have read it fully.

Anyways my favorite arcs are probably the chuunin exam and pain arc, maybe add in the Hidan and Kakuzu arc for favorite and the war arc for least favorite. Was really hoping that the manga fans were wrong about it since they usually are but as it goes it gets on my nerves even more, especially the filler. Beginning of the arc was horrible, the worst filler arc the series has ever had and then the stupid water prison thing, etc.

It gets worse believe me, the whole war arc is a mess
Jun 22, 2015 6:49 AM

Dec 2012
8animet said:
tsudecimo said:

Gaara using gold in his sand to increase the weight of the Former Mizukage's steam clone thing

Naruto using Sage Mode to dodge the Raikage's attack, then ramming a Rasengan into the former Raikage's elbow and making him hit himself

Ino, Shikamaru, Choji and Darui collaborating to use their jutsu and the Rikudo's treasure tools to seal Gin and Kin

Kakashi using a Yamanaka clan member to enter him and control him, having a Naara clan member to attach his shadow to him, and then have the Yamanaka clan member to run him towards Zabuza and have the shadow transfer to Zabuza

The Commando Unit using a moving Earth Style platform up and down to avoid Deidara's bombs

The Five Kage combining jutsu in a way that Madara wouldn't be able to absorb (that was very well thought out)

The Sasuke/Tobirama/Minato/Gaara combo that they used on Madara

The Shinobi Alliance using weak earth-style to slow down the Ten Tails' Bijuu Damas

Naruto and Sasuke were using some tactics to damage Madara (Naruto and Sasuke ran towards each other with Rasengan and Chidori activated, then Sasuke used his new Rinnegan technique to move Madara in the middle of them and have him take the damage)

Naruto vs Obito and the tailed beasts (Naruto using Shadow clones to make Son Goku throw up. Hiding a clone for sage mode)

Naruto, Gai, Bee, Kakashi vs Obito ( Strategically discovering Obito's mysterious powers, ultimately leading to his identity. That fight in particular was pretty strategic and tactical)

The double Flying Rajin Jutsu, where Naruto and Sasuke Hit Minato but they transfered the attack to Obito

Naruto + Tobiarama Rajin Jutsu

Naruto + Minato to transport all the alliance from Obito's bombs inside the barrier.

Etc....
Jun 22, 2015 8:15 AM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
8animet said:

Gaara using gold in his sand to increase the weight of the Former Mizukage's steam clone thing

Naruto using Sage Mode to dodge the Raikage's attack, then ramming a Rasengan into the former Raikage's elbow and making him hit himself

Ino, Shikamaru, Choji and Darui collaborating to use their jutsu and the Rikudo's treasure tools to seal Gin and Kin

Kakashi using a Yamanaka clan member to enter him and control him, having a Naara clan member to attach his shadow to him, and then have the Yamanaka clan member to run him towards Zabuza and have the shadow transfer to Zabuza

The Commando Unit using a moving Earth Style platform up and down to avoid Deidara's bombs

The Five Kage combining jutsu in a way that Madara wouldn't be able to absorb (that was very well thought out)

The Sasuke/Tobirama/Minato/Gaara combo that they used on Madara

The Shinobi Alliance using weak earth-style to slow down the Ten Tails' Bijuu Damas

Naruto and Sasuke were using some tactics to damage Madara (Naruto and Sasuke ran towards each other with Rasengan and Chidori activated, then Sasuke used his new Rinnegan technique to move Madara in the middle of them and have him take the damage)

Naruto vs Obito and the tailed beasts (Naruto using Shadow clones to make Son Goku throw up. Hiding a clone for sage mode)

Naruto, Gai, Bee, Kakashi vs Obito ( Strategically discovering Obito's mysterious powers, ultimately leading to his identity. That fight in particular was pretty strategic and tactical)

The double Flying Rajin Jutsu, where Naruto and Sasuke Hit Minato but they transfered the attack to Obito

Naruto + Tobiarama Rajin Jutsu

Naruto + Minato to transport all the alliance from Obito's bombs inside the barrier.

Etc....

I see someone is a fan, I'm too btw I love Naruto I just think the war arc was a huge let down

These few instances of intelligence don't make the silly explosions and deus ex machina's disappear mate, especially towards the end it was only about who gets a asspull power up now

It wasn't about Ninja's anymore but more about Wizards who were throwing big balls each other

My list for why the war arc sucked (interested to hear what you will say)

- Characters brought back to life for no real reason (Edo tensei shouldn't have happened) and it was only for fanservice, just lazy

- power levels growing way too much in a short time because of deus ex machina's and OP villians, especially in naruto and sasuke's case (became god-level over the course of a few days)

- fighting zombies and plants, Obito should have convinced smaller villages to join their cause would have been a lot more interesting
- cycle of hatred never really broken, I know world peace was a naive dream but there wasn't even a mention of in the end (even though it was the main point of the series, Jiraya would be disappointed)

- silly plot twists: Obito is the bad guy, look at how powerful he is, no Madara is the bad guy dude is OP now, nope

- lame villian, after Pain's greatness Obito was just a bad villian (soon as he took off the mask he wasn't threatening anymore and just whiny), I still don't think that he should have been Tobi, Madara was disappointing too with his constant hard on for Harashima instead of focusing on his plans and lets not mention HER at all

These things make me wish Naruto ended after the Pain arc (one of the best Shounen arcs in general, just greatness, Kishimoto at his peak no doubt)
Maou293Jun 22, 2015 8:23 AM
Jun 22, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2012
8animet said:

deus ex machina's disappear mate, especially towards the end it was only about who gets a asspull power up now.

What deus ex machina's? What asspulls?

Characters brought back to life for no real reason (Edo tensei shouldn't have happened) and it was only for fanservice, just lazy

It happened in the second arc of the series (Chunnin exams) but for some reason, people seem to forget that. It should have happened, considering the main antagonist of the arc, Madara, exist because of it. It was not only used again, but was enhanced in explanation and purpose.

They were brought back, to fight the allied Shionbi forces, it wasn't random or without purpose. It also gave closure to some characters (Tsunade, Gaara, Sai, Chouji, etc) the author described it as a fantasy element to the story. I don't see any damage that came for it, quite the opposite only pros.

- power levels growing way too much in a short time because of deus ex machina's and OP villians, especially in naruto and sasuke's case (became god-level over the course of a few days)

Again, what deus ex machina? I'm 100% that you didn't pay attention to these things or don't know what that term means.

The power levels didn't come from nowhere. The war arc, is about the tailed beasts, which was established from the very first chapter as being with insane amount of power

''One swing of the it's tails and mountains would crumble''

Every powerful ability Naruto had in the war arc, was from the Kyuubi or/and the tailed beast (sage of six path) The power levels in it, are logical. And have been established through several chapters. They became ''god-level'' through specific abilities, they didn't become strong out of nowhere, so I don't see the issue.

- fighting zombies and plants, Obito should have convinced smaller villages to join their cause would have been a lot more interesting

What? why would smaller villages join Obito? not to mention he doesn't need them in the first place, he has 7 tailed beasts. That would feel really pointless.

cycle of hatred never really broken, I know world peace was a naive dream but there wasn't even a mention of in the end

LOL. It was broken, with Obito, and most importantly with Naruto vs Sasuke, after Sasuke, an Uchiha, finally let go of his hatred, and accepted Naruto. did you not read the last chapters or what?

But peace did happen, after the end of the war arc, what are you talking about?
tsudecimoJun 22, 2015 8:36 AM
Jun 22, 2015 9:55 AM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
8animet said:

deus ex machina's disappear mate, especially towards the end it was only about who gets a asspull power up now.

What deus ex machina's? What asspulls?

Characters brought back to life for no real reason (Edo tensei shouldn't have happened) and it was only for fanservice, just lazy

It happened in the second arc of the series (Chunnin exams) but for some reason, people seem to forget that. It should have happened, considering the main antagonist of the arc, Madara, exist because of it. It was not only used again, but was enhanced in explanation and purpose.

They were brought back, to fight the allied Shionbi forces, it wasn't random or without purpose. It also gave closure to some characters (Tsunade, Gaara, Sai, Chouji, etc) the author described it as a fantasy element to the story. I don't see any damage that came for it, quite the opposite only pros.

Again, what deus ex machina? I'm 100% that you didn't pay attention to these things or don't know what that term means.

The power levels didn't come from nowhere. The war arc, is about the tailed beasts, which was established from the very first chapter as being with insane amount of power

''One swing of the it's tails and mountains would crumble''

Every powerful ability Naruto had in the war arc, was from the Kyuubi or/and the tailed beast (sage of six path) The power levels in it, are logical. And have been established through several chapters. They became ''god-level'' through specific abilities, they didn't become strong out of nowhere, so I don't see the issue.

What? why would smaller villages join Obito? not to mention he doesn't need them in the first place, he has 7 tailed beasts. That would feel really pointless.

cycle of hatred never really broken, I know world peace was a naive dream but there wasn't even a mention of in the end

LOL. It was broken, with Obito, and most importantly with Naruto vs Sasuke, after Sasuke, an Uchiha, finally let go of his hatred, and accepted Naruto. did you not read the last chapters or what?

But peace did happen, after the end of the war arc, what are you talking about?

I see talking to you won't amount to much..I mean if you can't see the bad writing in the war arc (most agree on that even those who love Naruto) I'm not sure what to tell you

To be honest the bad writing started already at the ending of the Pain arc when Nagato suddenly went DBZ on us and revived everyone who died

Did you just forget the So6p powerup? Pls, probably the worst asspull ever
Their power growth was nonsensical, their whole life they've trained their ninja skills and yet they just happen to get the right power ups and become god level over the course of a few days, it was just silly

Lets not forget: Orochimaru reattaching Tsunade's crushed abdomen cleanly as if nothing happened

Madara surviving after Hashirama "kills" him and takes his body (not really during the war but the flashback was shown there)

Edo Tensei was used before sure but never to that extent, it was just silly and lazy writing to revive soo many dead characters instead of developing new one's

There was already closure in most cases and bringing them back undermined their deaths (Asuma, Nagato, Zabuza, Haku, srsly why?)
And full closure isn't always needed, there was no reason for Minato for an example to come back, he and Naruto talked once before and that was enough

Bringing Orochimaru back was even worse and then all the Hokages too..
It did more damage than good and was pure fanservice, I mean I like the characters too but the dead took way too much time from the living

How about focusing on the Konoha 11? most of them were just shafted in Part 2

Why wouldn't small villages or even people from the Shinobi Army join forces with Obito?
If you lived your life in a country full of war and hunger then I'm sure living a dream life full of bliss is a very tempting offer

Fighting against real humans instead would have been very interesting and actually give the war tension instead of fighting random zombies and plants

No one even died except random Ninja fodder.. and poor Neji who no one cared about anymore

And LOL to you
So the cycle of hatred (that has been going on for god knows how long) was broken because Naruto TnJ'ed Obito and defeated Sasuke? Pls
I'm pretty sure Jiraya didn't mean that, rewatch the Pain arc (and especially Naruto and Pains conversation)

And how will peace be kept? Just because Naruto holds Kage meetings? Thats stupid and naive

The question was largely ignored that much is clear

Obito and Madara were disappointing villians, interestingly you didn't reply to that or to HER
At least we got the Obito vs Kakashi fight (finally a fight that doesn't involve silly power boosts!, its one of the best fights in the whole series)

And another question: Why did Obito even declare war? Wouldn't he have been better off working from the shadows and trying to get Naruto/Bee that way?

I mean, by declaring war he focused everyone's attention on him, and he didn't even have Kabuto's support back then

Fucking stupid, he was uniting all the world's superpowers (who distrusted each other before) against him because of that move

Maou293Jun 22, 2015 10:34 AM
Jun 22, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
8animet said:

if you can't see the bad writing in the war arc (most agree on that even those who love Naruto) I'm not sure what to tell you

Ad poplumn.

8animet said:
Did you just forget the

I mentioned it in my post:
tsudecimo said:
Every powerful ability Naruto had in the war arc, was from the Kyuubi or/and the tailed beast

8animet said:
Lets not forget: Orochimaru reattaching Tsunade's crushed abdomen cleanly as if nothing happened

It was retached thanks the slugs and Tsunade herself, the same slugs that have been keeping the Kages alive. All orochimaru did, was tell Karin and Sugitsu, to bring her two halves together, and told Karin to let Tsunade suck on her, to regain her chakra so she can heal herself.

https://i.imgur.com/il4dPmx.png
https://i.imgur.com/CsGvTrn.png

8animet said:
Madara surviving after Hashirama "kills" him and takes his body (not really during the war but the flashback was shown there)

Harishama, didn't check after he stabbed, Madara was just wounded badly. He only bit off part of Harishama's flesh during the battle. He then experimented on it, and used it to heal himself. It was explained in detail.

8animet said:

There was already closure in most cases and bringing them back undermined their deaths (Asuma, Nagato, Zabuza, Haku, srsly why?)
And full closure isn't always needed, there was no reason for Minato for an example to come back, he and Naruto talked once before and that was enough

By being Edo Tensi'd Haku, knew that Zabzu thought of him more than a tool. Asuma, helped develop Chouji's character. Nagato, saw Naruto, and was reassured about Naruto's resolve to continue their master's will.

There was plenty of reasons for him to come back. He wasn't brought back, for closure or anything. He had an active role, during the fight against Madara and Obito, and he is a Hokage, it wouldn't make sense to bring only 2 or 3.

It wouldn't make sense for Kabuto to bring some powerful ninja, and leave others, it's primary purpose was obstacles for the allied forces, it also give opportunities, for other characters to be involved in fights, that are not directly major.

8animet said:
]Bringing Orochimaru back was even worse and then all the Hokages too..
It did more damage than good and was pure fanservice, I mean I like the characters too but the dead took way too much time from the living

You can dislike it, or hate it, or think it was a terrible decision. But it's still factually not fanservice, these characters had active roles in certain developments, they weren't brought back casually for no purpose. Take Orochimaru and the Kages, and Sasuke might not have changed his mind about Revenge, which affects the plot greatly.

8animet said:
So the cycle of hatred (that has been going on for god knows how long) was broken because Naruto TnJ'ed Obito and

And how will peace be kept? Just because Naruto holds Kage meetings? Thats stupid and naive

It was broken, because Naruto and Sasuke were able to look past their hatred. This inspires it among others. And it happens, because there literally were no longer problems between the ninja villages. Before the war, they were not united, but after it they knew true union, because unlike previous wars, the enemy wasn't each other, it was a common entity. That way peace will be kept, they have no reason to have any conflicts, no tailed beasts, nothing to promote ill, with the current Kages.

8animet said:
Obito and Madara were disappointing villians, interestingly you didn't reply to that or to HER
)

Because it's simply opinion based. Considering your attitude, it feels pointless, to try and change your mind, if you think they are bad, then you think they are bad, no point in arguing over it. It's unlikely you will provide an insightful input in them, so why bother. That's why I stuck to the points, that are either incorrect completely (factually), or points that have some wrong in them (not fully opinion based).

Basically I'm trying to correct, what can be corrected.

8animet said:
And another question: Why did Obito even declare war? Wouldn't he have been better off working from the shadows and trying to get Naruto/Bee that way?

he was uniting all the world's superpowers (who distrusted each other before) against him because of that move

Because he failed, at the time of Naruto's birth. And Bee is not an easy target, he is the perfect Jin.

His original plan, from what I understand (that a lot of people don't seem to notice), wasn't war, he wanted to declare war, so that they would put Bee and Naruto, in a disclosed Location away from the battlefield. He had Kisame infiltrate them, without them knowing, so then Kisame could tell him the location, and they together would capture them, thus making it's the easiest route. That however didn't work, because Naruto found about Kisame, and since Kisame send the intel through one of the sharks, Naruto and Bee had to leave, thus the only option left was the actual war. Kabuto showing up, also didn't go well with that plan.

Well he doesn't need Kabuto anyway. The Gedo Mazou and the 7 tailed beasts are more than enough.

You know there is no need, to be aggressive and think of your opinions as truth, you might have missed some stuff (like the sage foreshadowing), so no need to be arrogant, and imply that I'm a fanboy, because I don't agree with you.
tsudecimoJun 22, 2015 11:27 AM
Jun 22, 2015 11:33 AM
Jun 2015
^ You do provide some reasons (in my opinion poor excuses) for Kishimoto's decisions but I disagree

It doesn't seem like you will be convinced that the War arc was a mess (turned into DBZ with Ninja's, do DBZ fans like it?)

Sry for the agressive attitude it was just so disappointing for me (as a big Naruto fan) and as far as I know most think that way (at least on internet forums)

Well at least someone enjoyed it, I love Naruto overall but I think on a further rewatch I will stop at the Pain Arc (which was awesome)
Maou293Jun 22, 2015 11:38 AM
Jun 22, 2015 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
At least admit you are wrong about the sage and Tsunade :P

Internetforums don't mean anything, it still sold great in Japan during the war arc (it ranked number one in Jump above one piece, several times), and it still sells great in France and The US. So the internet as per usual is a vocal hate minority.
Jun 22, 2015 12:31 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
At least admit you are wrong about the sage and Tsunade :P

Internetforums don't mean anything, it still sold great in Japan during the war arc (it ranked number one in Jump above one piece, several times), and it still sells great in France and The US. So the internet as per usual is a vocal hate minority.

Ok I will give you Tsunade but I still think the Sage stuff was an asspull (sure it was mentioned before but really AT THAT particular time they got the power ups? no) and unnecessary

Its not always the hate minority though, pretty sure most people love the Pain Arc for an example
Sure some just like to hate and bitch just because but if most people hate on something there is usually a reason for that
Jun 22, 2015 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
There was no better time for them to meet so6p. Even though I don't agree, you can call it a plot convenience if you want, but it's 100% not an asspull.

I'm saying the people who hate the war arc, are in the minority, if they love the Pain arc or the series as a whole, it doesn't really change that the arc was received greatly, where it matters the most in Japan, it's simple statistics. People who don't even buy the manga hating in internet forums don't really mean anything, especially when most of them are sheep, and/or immediately call anything they don't like or understand an asspull or a plot hole, etc.

I can count the number of people who I met online, who actually have valid criticism, and good critical thinking in one hand, everybody else keep repeating the same complaints without understanding them. But hey, everybody is free to dislike what they want, as long as they don't ignorantly pretend the level of quality is inherent, and not just opinion based.

Of course there is a reason, they didn't pay attention ;)
tsudecimoJun 22, 2015 12:52 PM
Jun 22, 2015 1:03 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
There was no better time for them to meet so6p. Even though I don't agree, you can call it a plot convenience if you want, but it's 100% not an asspull.

I'm saying the people who hate the war arc, are in the minority, if they love the Pain arc or the series as a whole, it doesn't really change that the arc was received greatly, where it matters the most in Japan, it's simple statistics. People who don't even buy the manga hating in internet forums don't really mean anything, especially when most of them are sheep, and/or immediately call anything they don't like or understand an asspull or a plot hole, etc.

I can count the number of people who I met online, who actually have valid criticism, and good critical thinking in one hand, everybody else keep repeating the same complaints without understanding them. But hey, everybody is free to dislike what they want, as long as they don't ignorantly pretend the level of quality is inherent, and not just opinion based.

Of course there is a reason, they didn't pay attention ;)

We don't really know that though, good sales don't really mean that people liked the war arc in Japan or anywhere else for that matter (example: AC Unity a game was bashed almost unanimously but it still sold millions of copies just because AC is a very popular series)

And Naruto was one of the Big three and a very popular anime/manga (still is) so its no wonder that Volumes sold well

Its still possible that more people like the war arc than hate it, we can't say for sure (apart from the Internet)
Maou293Jun 22, 2015 1:08 PM
Jun 22, 2015 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
I really don't wanna go down that road lol. I will stay with my unbiased and objective statistics.
Jun 22, 2015 1:21 PM
Jun 2015
tsudecimo said:
I really don't wanna go down that road lol. I will stay with my unbiased and objective statistics.

Fair enough
It definitely sold well and the war arc may as well be liked over there who knows?
Mar 3, 2016 3:29 PM
Mar 2016
My favorite Arc in the show has to be the Pain arch. The battle was one of the best in the entire show! Sage mode is introduced for the first time and it is amazing!! It is also when naruto avenges his master Jiriya (who was my favorite character) It was so addicting to watch

Next def comes the Itatchi pursuit. The takka is badass and the fight between itatchi and seasick was epic.
And of course the Chunin exams! the best part of Naruto! the battles were awesome and we met all the great characters.
The rest are also great but do not compare to the 3 i have mentioned.

My least favorite arch has to the kazekage one. i had high hopes for it but the fights drew out way to long and could've been more exciting. I expected more from sasori. they made him so weak in that fight.
Alex_BirdmanMar 3, 2016 3:35 PM
Aug 9, 2016 7:32 AM
Apr 2015
My favorite is pain arc
Aug 9, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
for me its Sasuke Retrieval arc, although many like Invasion of Pain arc, Chuunin Exam arc and the fights starting after naruto / sasuke meet the sage of the six paths in death are close, but that one is just the best to me because it starts off the awesome naruto vs sasuke rivalry, ends in their epic iconic first clash at the valley of the end, has orochimaru and his henchmen as villains, has awesome fights and valuable contributions from characters like Shikamaru, Neji, Lee, Chouji etc who all seem pushed to the sideline starting in Shippuden.

I would rate it a 9/10. Naruto was one of the first anime that ever got me into anime and was the 2nd anime I ever watched right after bleach, so I have a nostalgic soft spot for it.

Chuunin exam comes very close what with the epic naruto n sasuke vs orochimaru, naruto vs neji, lee vs gaara, sasuke vs gaara, naruto vs gaara, and OF COURSE the awesome 3 way hokage battle and hiruzen vs orochimaru. was awesome and in fact i would probably give it the same grade 9/10.

Pain arc is 9/10 too for me.

My least favorite arcs would of course be almost all the filler arcs, particularly the bad infinite tsukuyomi fillers which came at the WORST possible time, right when kaguya was about to appear and seemed to go on forever, so for annoyance factor they are probably rated 1/10 although I don't even count them into my main score for the series as I don't consider them canon.

My least favorite canon arc would probably have to be the Kazekage Rescue arc at the beginning of Shippuden as the series was just getting back on its feet and that one seems the least memorable to me out of all of them but I would still rate that arc a 8/10 or 7/10 at the lowest, so I am pretty much a fan of all the canon stuff, its just the filler stuff that pisses me off. Only fillers I liked were Kakashi story and Itachi story and some one episode fillers here and there like trying to see Kakashis face, the hot springs episode etc (although those were based on omakes so maybe they should be considered canon?)

Although I am hoping the do the same thing with shippuden they did with original naruto, after naruto vs sasuke do a bunch of fillers and adapt the novels that show them growing up and having kids etc and after the fillers are over adapt the epilogue, chapter 700, then anounce part III boruto!
Aug 9, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with Tsudecimo, the naruto gaining enough power eventually to cause huge explosions and topple mountains etc was foreshadowed from the verrry first episode.

And the sage of the six paths was also foreshadowed for a long time, madara talked about him, it was a given that he was going to show up some time, and what better time for naruto and sasuke to meet him than when they are dying? IMO, that is not an asspull, its something to make the story even better, before this they had no way of beating madara as he had power of the S06P and was even getting close to kaguya.

Naruto / Sasuke being the reincarnations of Indra/ Asura IMO was an interesting twist, it explained their reasons for being drawn to each other as well as their intense rivalry that seemed to go even beyond Orochimaru / Jiraiya or Lee / Neji. It also explained their power up at each recieving half of their former fathers power. So IMO it doesnt seem like an asspull but a logical route for the story to evolve to especially with Kaguya showing up soon it sets the stage to end the battle that has been raging since the beginning of shinobi, as well as setting up for an EPIC final naruto vs sasuke bttle, I really dont know what your complaining about power ups arent inherently a bad thing, they can still fight intelligently with power ups, which they do ( reverse harem no jutsu anyone? tricking kaguya into thinking she had killed narutos original? theres plenty of examples)

Tsunade has always had OP healing abilities, combined with biting chakra its not surprising she could heal herself from that wound.

Also both of you are wrong about Madara, after he bit flesh from Hashirama he did the same thing as Itachi, he implanted a jutsu in his eye to activate later after Hashirama left, which was the Izanagi, which rewrote his death and left a fake body there, he took Hashiramas flesh, and left the fake body there which Tobirama later found and brought back.

I also agree with the Edo tensei providing closure to some characters stories, as well as reviving characters such as the previous kage that we had yet to see fully in action to their best abilities, and to give more history to those characters as well as character growth, IMO it was a genius way to do this without having to rely solely on flashbacks.

Also, starting from the time Obito had half his body crushed and met Madara, he knew madara could grow those white guys from the tree, maybe not at the level he could with Yamato's chakra but he could still make a pretty sizable army.Now, knowing he had this, why would he recruit humans who might betray him?

Then kabuto offers Orochimarus improved edo tensei, why on earth would you try to ally with any humans who you are just trying to put into a dream world anyway when you outnumber your enemy with immortal plants / zombies? IMO that would be the last thing he would consider doing, considering he had already lost faith in humanity long ago.

The Hokages were resurrected at Sasukes whim to help him decide his path, and as tsu said had a major role in the battle, as well as learning more about the first and his past with Madara, which was very important to the overall Indra/ Asura feud.

You are also wrong about the cycle of hatred being broken, naruto broke the cycle of hatred that had started from way back when shinobi were born, which resulted from the feud of Indra / Asura, and had evolved through the years to involve their clans the Uchiha and the Senju who warred for years, til finally the cycle was almost broken when Hashirama tried to found the village system to stop the wars, which didnt work because the counties still had 2 world wars after that and the current Indra Incarnation Madara broke from their plan and they still feuded to the death.

Naruto ended all this by making peace with the current indra incarnation, and there will be peace going forward,even among the 5 great villages / countries which allied together and stayed allied after the war. It was even shown in Boruto that the world was at peace now, so at peace, that large cities are being built and mass innovations in technology are being achieved. Now humans arent perfect, so eventually some kind of conflict will happen (or there wouldnt be a boruto manga), but it will be a brand new conflict for a brand new era, the world will be at peace and someone will be threatening that piece for a whole new reason (unless more Otsutsukis come to the planet which the Indra/ Asura combo of naruto and sasuke making PEACE together, are more than capable of handling)

And yes, the war was part of Obito's plan, he specifically had Sasuke (who was like the worlds most wanted criminal at the time) go to the 5 kage summit to stir up trouble and get them all worked up, so he could make his proposition to them, and then declare war, he wanted them to ally up and give him greater chances of getting naruto / bee.
Aug 11, 2016 5:07 AM
Aug 2016
A tough choice so many of them are so good, but I'll go with Chunin exam.
Aug 11, 2016 3:59 PM
Jun 2015
5 Kage Summit Arc ! Since the beginning of the series we were in Konoha (and Suna), and I was always very curious about the other villages and Kage. This arc had awesome worldbuilding, amazing animation and fight scenes, interesting new characters, character development for naruto and sasuke, and exposed "Madara"'s plans. Also, as much as I enjoyed all the Akatsuki members, it sometimes felt repetitive to always go after them in each new arc in Shippuden. It all leads to the War of course.

For PTS Naruto, my favorite will always be the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. (I cried at Choji vs Jirobo and Neji vs Kidomaru as a kid)
Nov 5, 2016 10:40 AM
Nov 2016
I would have to say pain arc is still my favorit tge deaths get to you and naruto finaly gets the credit he deserves. 9.5/10
My second favorite would be sasuke rescue arc. It has great fights and not knowing if the characters died just made it for me. 8.5/10 My least favorite arc would have to be sasuke and sai arc. It had one descent fight and it pounded the frase do it with your own power in to Naruto which is droped latter on. I hate Naruto not using the Ninetales. 4/10
Dec 2, 2016 10:17 AM
Nov 2016
PriestSlayer said:
By far, Itachi Pursuit arc. Itachi is a great char. He got the deserved screen time, and a good fight. Also the twist at the end was really good.The rating would be a 9/10

Now onto my least favorite, probably the current one. War too dragged, fillers too much, villains too edgy, except for Madara. Rating 4.5/10
I miss Naruto's golden age...

I agree in both, the favourite and least favourite
(but let's remember in Itachi Pursuit arc had also The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant, that's my favourite part in the series by far)

The whole world is wrong

Best arc is BY FAR Itachi Pursuit

For me, top 5 would be like this:

1 - Itachi Pursuit - no words, just feels

2 - Search for Tsunade - great plot, I personally loved the whole adventure thing with jiraiya and naruto, the evolution of naruto and sannins encounter was special to me too, and than you have the beginning of the arc, which is maybe my favorite episodes of the whole series, when itachi came to the village, fuck the jounins and meet sasuke, and this part was the most important one in the whole story, since gave origin to the whole sasuke destiny that would the major thing in the plot

3 - Invasion of Pain - the sequence of my favorite part. I love this arc too. was awesome to see the invasion and the final fight. the bad thing about this one for me is that is just and arc focused on and single fight, most shonen fans must love that, but for me the important stuff will always be the plot, the development, the execution, the story, etc..

4/5/6 - Hidan & Kakuzu / Sai & Sasuke / Kazekage Rescue - the last two has more interesting plot, but the first one was very good arranged and has my favorite fight (hidan vs. asuma & shika)

My least favourite would be the war until madara come and the juubi arc until madara become the jinchuuriki
Jan 6, 2017 7:44 AM
Jul 2015
i tought it was my least favourite arc so i choosed sasuke and sai arc is there anyway i can remove my vote.

Btw my favourite arc is probably chunin exams

Feb 14, 2018 4:52 PM
Jun 2015
Chunin exams and sasuke retrieval were both amazing and probably the best parts of Naruto in general.

The worst parts were any filler arc and probably the last 2
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

77 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 20, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.