Available on Manga Store
New
fav heroine
Asuna
39.7%
Sinon
60.3%
1,527 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 19, 2016 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
They're both Kirito's bitches, so I don't care for either one. If I had to pick, I'd go with Sinon.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 19, 2016 8:13 PM

Jan 2016
I like Sinon better. She is a beast. Asuna became too mushy for me, but Sinon got better
Jan 23, 2016 11:42 PM

Dec 2014
Kirigaya Suguha. :3

Sinon looks pretty though.
Jan 23, 2016 11:52 PM
Aug 2013
Sinon is way more interesting imo. She's bad-ass.
May 8, 2016 9:54 AM
May 2016
I really like Asuna like from her prsonality to her fighting style
i was every time atached to Asuna
P.S.
i don't have huge fu***ng body pillow of her becouse it's waste of money and another
P.S.
i have wake me up Asuna
Jun 5, 2016 10:33 PM
Jun 2016
Asuna is my choice... I really don't like Sinon I think she is annoying. .-. No offense (But I don't hate Sinon)
Jun 5, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2015
Sinon ass is more superior than Asuna's, and that's a fact!! No matter how do you look at it
Jun 5, 2016 11:15 PM

Jan 2016
I thought that it was a bit funny since you mentioned those two heroines only in Sword Art Online: Gun Gale Online (GGO), but how about the overall seasons of the series?

Well, let's see Asuna is great and Sinon is badass too. But still, I'll pick Asuna the best (in my opinion). :)
Jun 10, 2016 9:25 PM
Jun 2016
Asuna for the win because she's a great character and always will be
Jun 10, 2016 9:29 PM
May 2016
Love asuna's hairstyle
Aug 17, 2016 6:34 PM
Aug 2016
[quote=gisselle message=33193369]
TheSonicohxk said:
Asuna. I'm going to explain why. Mind you, I read the light novels long before the anime, and with SAO that really affects your judgment.

Asuna: In the light novels she's the strongest female lead, maybe the only one. She's stated explicitly to be in pair with Kirito.
In fact, she's way faster than Kirito, that's why she earned her title "The Flash". It's said that in a duel, Asuna would probably win over him.
Why? Kirito gets stronger in the most important moments. While Asuna is all like that all the time. Same reason why Kirito was kind of afraid of her.
And please remember, SAO was her first game.

I think it's safe to say that Asuna is "Badass".
Sadly, the anime didn't show too much of that side of her.
Even in the light novels, lots of important stuff about her comes AFTER GGO's arc. Probably we'll see it animated, in Mother Rosario arc.
Now, back to the anime. The anime despict her in a more... girly way. As the heroin of the story, the MC's girl.

Sinon: She's your traumatized character. As "Sinon" she's kinda cold and thinks fast. That's why she's such a good sniper. The visual acuity rating for both of her eyes in real life are 2.0, which is twice as good as the average person.
As a character still in development, we see her getting stronger.
And as a perk from being in a gun's game, she looks badass in each fight. Of course, her real life character differs a lot from her game's counter part. However, later she kinda adopts her Sinon form in real life.

That's the basic layout of this.
Asuna is despicted as the loving, yet strong soulmate of our MC. In the anime, she's more your typical heroin. That kinda sucks.
Sinon is your girl in development, which has 2 sides of her. One kinda sucks, while the other is BADASS. Of course, she also has her <<LITTLE SPOILER>> lovely moments with Kirito <<LITTLE SPOILER>>

But remember Asuna is always the same, either real life or in a game. She'll even had the spotlight in the second course of the anime. And trust me, if everything goes the same it's been until now, she'll SHINE!

And in Alicization she's gets only better, at least in comparisong with GGO.

I don't think i'm wrong thinking about it like this, since Kirito it's in love in Asuna, even with that nice Harem of his.

So seriously people, read the light novels or at least wait till the anime is over. You'll see Asuna in a different way. Maybe as she was supposed to be seen to begin with. I mean, at least I, from the moment I saw her in SAO I thought "That gurl's going places!".

And she's Kirito's waifu and Yui's mama. n.n

I still love Sinon, don't get me wrong. But I am sure of priorities here.

You have just explained what all Sao LN fans and Sao anime fans have been trying to say. The anime producers have also cut a lot of things, one of them being Asuna's character development and her backstory, you just have to wait for Alizitacion arc. Also about that time when Kirito was introducing Sinon to Asuna and Liz, sure he calls them friends but in LN he actually refers to her a his girlfriend later on. There are a lot of things that have not been said in the anime so before you judge Asuna, she's more than just your typical anime girl and way more than just a tentacle rape scene. I don't really like to fight but sometimes it really pisses me off when someone judges without knowing the whole story.
Aug 18, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2016
Sinon is a bit more complex than Asuna, although they both could have been better characters if we just removed one specific character from the story.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Sep 20, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2014
Sinon > Asuna. And Asuna is secretly a nympho lol
Sep 25, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2015
Silica is the best :P
Sep 26, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Asuna because she is the most mature character!
What do I mean?
You could clearly see her killing LC Members as well. But did she give a shit? No!
(to be honest, Shion is nice and I liked to see her developement. On the other hand Asuna still has potential, because we did not see everything that happened in SAO)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 23, 2016 10:34 PM
Dec 2016
Sinon is a more prominent character in the whole SAO series. I vote for her as she got the Hecates's bullet cut into two by Kirito.
Dec 31, 2016 1:12 AM
Dec 2016
I think Sinon better.^__^
Dec 31, 2016 1:27 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
can i pick silica tho ;_;

Jan 4, 2017 8:00 PM
Oct 2016
Tbh I prefer sinon like I understand yall ship kirito X asuna thing but in your opinion it was rush like in that epsoide kirito and lisbeth were on like a Quest and both kirito and lisbeth got closer but lisbeth was bout to confess her feelings to kirito but then Asuna came.

So she sacrifice her happiness with kirito for asuna like she understanded that asuna kinda did like kirito but if the poll was choosing between lisbeth or asuna my answer would be lisbeth.

AS for kirito and Sinon relationship it was pretty good like the plots of between those two were good and look it wasn't rush like Asuna with kirito

( I kinda don't like asuna since she's like a Mary sue but hen again kirito like a Gary stew so...um..Relationship Goals!?)
May 5, 2017 11:01 AM
May 2017
Sinon is hotter than asuna
Jun 1, 2017 10:58 AM
Nov 2016
To be honest, I do like both of the characters, especially Asuna, since she's a very interesting character; however, I prefer Sinon because of her cool personality and dark backstory.
Jul 22, 2017 6:24 PM
Jul 2017
Sinon es el mejor personaje femenino de SAO. Sus escenas son mucho mejores que las de Asuna, pues las de esta última tienden a ser algo aburridas.
Sep 1, 2017 6:27 AM
Jun 2017
I love Asuna much more than Sinon. First off, Asuna is much hotter than Sinon. Asuna has golden hair, luscious curves, etc, while Sinon looks like a depressed nerd with glasses. Second, although Sinon may have a more compelling backstory, she's just kind of annoying. She kept on changing between I'm a badass sniper to oh no, I can't even look at a gun.

Although Asuna does become a helpless fangirl in the second arc (which I hated), she was so awesome in the first arc that this kind of makes up for it. Anyways, she didn't really have any power in the second arc to level up/use weapons/etc. She did the best with what she got.

Just would like to echo a previous sentiment on the forum that better summarizes it than I do:
"Asuna, immaculate peach colored supermodel, flawless beauty. Have you seen her silky skin? dad is former CEO of a huge company, a retiree I'd say. Mother is successful as hell. Probably wears contacts to have such gorgeous goldenrod eyes. Wealthy good looking, sweet, and direct. Nice bust size, so who wouldn't date her? She is the "lightning flash" warrior with her reflexes, super good at video games, she can cook, I mean everything about her is just perfect. She has a huge house, giant bathtub, just look at her go, she's the personification of a perfect girl; guys want her so much that someone spent a million dollars to try to rape in her in an VMMORPG. Oh, did I mention she's really rich? Oh I did.
Someone said, waifu power is too high already.

Shinon, shorter stunt, with a freckle on her hand. Her hair is a normal jet black, short, and has a medium bust size ( a bit smaller than Asuna's). Suffers from Post Traumatic Disorder. Rape/murder in real life was attempted on her. Tragic past, no father/(mother probably abandoned her too, for fear of having the stigma of mothering a murderer) She is currently trying to overcome her issues, is an extreme introvert, and HAS NOT MUCH MONEY. An unstable moody teenager battling a myriad of worries and actual problems.

Seriously, looking at these circumstances, who is is better for Kirito??? hmmmmmmm that's a tough one."
Sep 29, 2017 4:18 AM

May 2012
Asuna all the way !!

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Oct 13, 2017 8:07 PM
Oct 2017
Extremely annoyed right now on how nearly everyone is choosing either Asuna or Sinon by their appearance.

P.S Asuna is better.
Nov 26, 2017 10:45 AM
Nov 2017
Sinon, her character evokes more sympathy from the audience, she has more personality than a vessel that the viewer imbues with some kind of romantic emotion. Asuna is quite literally the perfect waifu, able to mimic the traits that most of us find attractive. Asuna is submissive in some parts, more rebellious and fun in others, she just feels like a factory line waifu. Sinon has a distinct personality, we see her develop too, also she doesn't need kirito until the very end when she is dying IRL. Sinon's backstory is well crafted as well, it explains a lot and lets the audience feel for her long-lasting pain. She genuinely shows pain, like PTSD pain. Asuna seems to just recover from everything super quickly. Sinon's just more realistic
Nov 26, 2017 10:52 AM
Nov 2017
"She kept on changing between I'm a badass sniper to oh no, I can't even look at a gun."

A brief explanation of why this works:

Sinon's online persona is an almost direct separation of her IRL persona. Bear in mind GGO is therapy for her. She knows everything in GGO is fake so it doesn't affect her as much. Shino Asada puts on the mask of Sinon when she enters GGO.
Jan 11, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
id vote sinon as asuna was kind of annoying and non existent this whole season..
Jan 4, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2017
I was surprised that I liked Sinon a lot. I didn't think I would like her due to the glasses and short hair but I ended up liking her the most. Maybe because she has the most tsundere traits? I always love the tsunderes. Her virtual character design was also more original and attractive than the other girls.

Everything in season 2 other than the Sinon arc was mediocre or lousy. Sinon arc was excellent.
CarbonMDJan 4, 2019 12:45 PM
Oct 18, 2019 2:09 AM
Oct 2019
No doubt about it Simon is the best and Asuna is a no use character I simply hate her
Nov 29, 2019 9:56 AM
Nov 2019
felt bad for Asuna b/c of what Sugou did in SAO to her. besides, they both have blue hair
Mar 8, 2020 7:34 AM
Jul 2019
Sinon. One of the few megane waifus that I like.

Forgive me for being a kid, but Simon and Sinon are very similar, so yeah.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.