Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Barakamon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, this episode was awesome. It had the calligraphy and beach part with the octopus hunting. RIP Naru

At some parts, the episode did almost scare me a little though. Still, it was great. Naru is having a lot of fun and I thought the episode was funny as well.
Aug 2, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
lol that sea slug that Naru had was weird. Handa got a bit scared at some points though, he was just looking out for everyone and concerned for their safety. This was a nice calming episode.
Douglas24Aug 2, 2014 12:40 PM
Aug 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
great ep

the sea cucumber reminds me of that jackas ep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTq3rvQ1EA

great ep and the "yaoi" part is stilll hunting tama
Aug 2, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, I liked it but Sensei fails so much that makes me feel a bit sad for him.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Aug 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
Nice, fun beach episode. Handa was unconscious for most of the trip, but everyone else was having a good time. The group hug was cute.
Aug 2, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
Konomon lol Dat addiction XD

Naru getting flustered about Handa having a girlfriend was lol and how Miwa was telling him to go out with Naru hehehe

Lol'd at Tama getting interested when she heard it's a guy in the pic XD

Loved the beach(?) part. Lol'd at how Handa blacked out 3 times XD

Naru saying sandy beaches are for kids lol

Hina and Naru playing was adorable :3 But Dat seas slug was disturbing >~< Lol'd how Naru said she got used to it XD

Jumping Naru was lol XD Poor Handa getting worried ^^

Tama being disappointed Hiro isn't joining into the hugging XDXD

2 new characters? They both seem interesting :3 Can't wait ^^
Aug 2, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
Really fun episode, it was a beach episode but without the usual fanservice, it was a beach episode and just that, really liked it. Sensei was dead for the most part though. When he started crying it was the best thing ever!
Aug 2, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
that grandpa sudden appearance o.0

what's konomon? is it that tasty?

3 times trip at the rocky beach? LOL but sad for him

"sandy beach is just for kids" -Naru. HAHAHAHAHAHA

can't stop laughing in this episode, nice one ;)
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 2, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2013
Konomon! I wanted some the more he said it. Then Naru brought some more! I was so happy for him. xD

The God of Calligraphy? lol that's funny

The faces they made when they thought it was his girlfriend! xD
Like really this is your most precious possession lmao.

I really can't wait to buy this on blu ray.

Oh and it's something wrong with that damn slug.
Aug 2, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at the Konomon addiction at the beginning.

The calligraphy lesson was pretty fun.

Naru does not want Handa to be married.

Handa got 3 trips at the rocky beach....too sad for him.
Aug 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Another fantastic episode - lots of laughs and some feels.I love most of characters and basically that's how i look when i watch every episode of this show =
Aug 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Dec 2008
KONOMON!!! ahaha
Good episode! The part with the god of calligraphy made me laugh xD
Aug 2, 2014 1:25 PM

May 2013
I just laughed every time he slipped on the rocks lol. Oh man that sea cucumber.
Aug 2, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. It's great to see Handa learn something new about himself each episode.
Aug 2, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
Ah, Handa's life has seen a new light and calling for his calligraphy... a light called konomon! XD

HAHAHHA, Handa in teacher mode scared the girls senseless.

Naru shock... poor thing was shocked hearing that sensei could have a long-distance relationship with a girlfriend.

Tamako was really interesting after she heard that Kawafuji was a guy lol.

It was really funny seeing how worried Naru was about the fact that sensei could have a wife.

The girls sure let their fury loose on sensei about him only thinking of calligraphy.

Sensei showed a lot of worry for the safety of everyone at that "rocky beach" and got himself knocked out in the end... poor fellow...

It was nice seeing Hina talk a lot more this episode since she's usually pretty quiet.

The part where sensei misunderstood Tamako was really great XD.

Was that ugly thing really a sea slug? The thing scared the crap out of Hina and Naru... even though she got used to it really fast in the end.

Poor sensei KO-ed himself 3 times by the time they had decided to go home.

All's well that ends well.

At the end of the episode we see Kawafuji bring someone that wants to meet sensei... I hope he won't steal sensei's harem...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Dec 2011
He became so hooked on the Konomon. Hahaha. He becoming worried on them was such a cute scene. Love the group hug.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
aaaand another fantastic episode

tama with those yaoi thoughts
Aug 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Dec 2011
That sea slug and how Naru handled it was strangely lewd lol

Naru just not giving a shit is funny. Another nice episode.
Aug 2, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
GREAT episode, I love the feeling that this anime gives me.. it can cheer me up and make me laugh without even trying. As with every episode, it's over before I even know it because I'm so immersed. Truly a favorite on my list that deserves its spot. Anime of the season.
Aug 2, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
This was another very good and sweet episode. That seaslug...oh god.
Aug 2, 2014 2:42 PM
Sep 2009
llcruz said:
Really fun episode, it was a beach episode but without the usual fanservice, it was a beach episode and just that, really liked it. Sensei was dead for the most part though. When he started crying it was the best thing ever!

.....in fact in the manga after seeing Miwa and Tama wearing their gym uniform, Handa faces the reader and says something like, that he felt sad for the readers cause even though it is a beach episode, they still don't get any fan service.....
.....I though it was gonna be good after reading the translated chapters of the manga, but had no idea it was gonna be this fun, undoubtedly my favorite anime of this season so far.....
.....I am just a fan of unique comics, manga & books.....and fighting games and rpgs.....check out my blog for my reviews and stuff-
http://ihate00critics.blogspot.com/
Aug 2, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
That was just too adorable x)
Great episode!!
Aug 2, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
The Konomon part left me so confused haha.

We don't see Sensei and Hiroshi together a lot but their relationship seems to have been growing on the friendly side *_* (I must say, Tama is my spirit animal.)

Seishuu crying at the end was so precious, I'm glad everyone loves him so far!

And wow, finally suspense! I'm kind of sure that kid with Kawafuji is the one who won the calligraphy contest Seishuu was really mad about. But things are going to get interesting, can't wait for next week!
Aug 2, 2014 2:56 PM
Jan 2014
As soon as Miwa mention something about guy, Tamako's fujoshi senses were tingling.
Aug 2, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
You know, every time I watch an episode of Barakamon, it always feels like its over in less than five minutes. @.@

I love how Sensei couldn't think of anything but Konomon after eating it.

The rocky beach was pretty fun and hilarious. I actually thought something bad was gonna happen for a little bit.

Now Kawafuji and some other guy his on the island to find Sensei.

And the final part about humidity with hair sooo true for me! I'm glad I live in a dry area. :3
Aug 2, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
LOL THE SEA SLUG
Aug 2, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2007
Helping out with doing the calligraphy, but too strict. The talk about his girlfriend.

Playing at the waterside. lol @ he thought that she was talking about the guy he loves, but it was her fujoshi imagination. So many times of him tripping.

KajiKaji's character!! He finally appears! with the main guy's boss, who suddenly came to the countryside to visit him.

A...Afro hair?!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
I need a picture of Naru's smug face towards sandy beaches now.

Another cute episode. The two new characters for next week look interesting. The peppy one already feel annoying.
Aug 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
Gotta love those sea slugs xD
Aug 2, 2014 4:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Well, I underestimated Naru.
Aug 2, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Yet another wonderful episode! This anime makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it's so adorable!

As we see once again, Seishuu is too focused on technique, correct form, and the fundamentals to actually think about developing his own unique style. But I guess this is a greater metaphor for the entire anime. He comes from a more rigid society where everything has rules, whereas in the village, everyone just does what they want, without regard to what rules are supposed to be. If he can adapt his attitude to fit that of the townspeople, I'm sure he'll find his own calligraphy style as well.

Though he's certainly out-of-place in the town, poor Seishuu, tripping on the rocks at the beach. That scene with him crying and blushing at the same time, and then the kids coming to hug him, made my heart melt a little. This anime does have important messages, but it's also something that really places a value on friendship and our relationships with others [ including whatever the fujoshi thinks ;) ].

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Aug 2, 2014 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
So a beach episode, but no bikinis or fanservice scene. The fuck is wrong with this show?

Aug 2, 2014 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
I bet Miwa has a lot of experience handling "sea slugs". She's mentoring Naru for Sensei in 10 years. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
sensei is the best character in this season imo
the best part of this anime is that it is very original...it's really entertaining and meaningful, without being about the average student and his crush, etc..

why censor the sea slug?
Aug 2, 2014 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
retepeters said:
why censor the sea slug?

I guess I know why... They even gave away the idea with that "white thing", if you know what I mean. I guess that was wrong since it was a kid holding it...

Nice episode, super enjoyable.
Aug 2, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Great Episode! Every part is worth watching. It's like my week is not complete without watching this show.

Kawafuji and Kyousuke going to see Sensei. This will be interesting.
Aug 2, 2014 5:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
retepeters said:

why censor the sea slug?

Probably for comedic purposes? Censored things always seem funny to be, but that might just be me.

Aww that group hug at the end >< Everyone loves Handa.
Aug 2, 2014 5:49 PM
Nov 2013
tingy said:
retepeters said:

why censor the sea slug?

Probably for comedic purposes? Censored things always seem funny to be, but that might just be me.

Aww that group hug at the end >< Everyone loves Handa.

Anyway, I loved this episode. Sensei blacked out like 3 times and Naru gives no fucks haha.
Aug 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
Oh new character? Finally things fire up!
I really liked this episode, and furthermore I actually enjoyed the fact that they faked the tragedy of Naru, less predictable.

The fujoshi jokes are always so gold.
Aug 2, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2013

The sea slug innuendo joke aside, I really liked this episode getting to see Sensei grow more of a compassionate person to others then just his work and being accepted into the group. This episode put a genuine smile to my face.
Aug 2, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
this confirmed it, best beach ep yet~!
you even got a gigantic black dick there, aww naru...your childhood is ruined xDD
Aug 2, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
such a good SHOW!! i want more D:
[/quote]
Aug 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
Aug 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
Oh the lewd.

Aside from that, I loved the episode!
Aug 2, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
LOL This episode was so funny and heart warming~ Tha sea cucumber that they were holding looks so lewd ; - ; I love how Handa keep on blacking out X'D AHAHAHA and he was so cute when he confessed how much he was worried about naru and the others :3 That pulled my heart strings C:
EstherellaAug 2, 2014 9:26 PM
Aug 2, 2014 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
Haha, what a fantastic series this is! I haven't been this entertained by a slice of life anime since Clannad. Everything is just charming, lovely, and hilarious.

This might well end up being my favorite of the season once it's finished.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 2, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2012
OG-3 said:
That sea slug and how Naru handled it was strangely lewd lol

Yeah, pretty obvious it was intended to be sexual, considering the censored white innards coming out and how Miwa said it would "make her an adult". Took me by surprise, considering how innocent the series had been until then.
Aug 2, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2012
She got used to it.
Aug 2, 2014 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode....
Love Naru funny faces when they were talking that Handa may have a girlfriend.
Aug 2, 2014 9:13 PM

Jun 2014
Another great episode!

One of the things I love about this anime is that I get totally immersed when I watch that it makes it hard to wait a week to see it again!

I love Handa's interactions with the kids! Everyone has just great personalities and the way that everyone has fun is awesome.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

158 by Euonymus »»
Mar 20, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

337 by Devonnius »»
Feb 21, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

400 by Devonnius »»
Feb 20, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

175 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

148 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.