Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
they changed the ED once again :( i loved the ep 4 ED
Aug 2, 2014 10:58 AM
Jul 2014
Antanaru said:
That was a pretty awesome battle. I definitely prefer that kind of badassery over winning just because there's some borderline magical sugar coated mecha in hands of lame kid.

+ 1
Aug 2, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
jdbe said:
Inaho once again using his unbelievable war tactics that he's a massed from years of combat to beat an exceptionally tough martian.

You can guess by the sentence above I was being sarcastic. It's just another poorly developed main character who wins against the odds for no reason. I mean, the plan itself was simple, yet all the people with actual war knowledge couldn't think of that. The way inaho went on it was like he might as well be in charge.

If he doesn't have any backstory, I agree with what you say. But this is just ep 5. I'm still hoping for the revelation of his past.
And anyone thinks that the emperor and that Knight is planning something? I mean Cruhteo couldn't do anything. But after hearing Slain and that knight, the emperor immediately decides to resume the war. @@
Just_ChickenAug 2, 2014 11:03 AM
Aug 2, 2014 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
That's kiss at the beginning was a wow.

Slaine had been trapped there for five years.

The Martian emperor decide to attack the Earth
Aug 2, 2014 11:03 AM

Sep 2010
DivineTrinity said:
Good ep. Though that was a short flashback on Slaine and how he met the princess. I kinda wanted more. Oh well. I wasn't expecting that guy to come back for revenge so fast. Man they repair machines pretty quickly. Clever way to take out his machine also. Though the captain got me curious he is a little too smart for an average student. I hope they are going to somewhere with that. Wow he didn't even trust Slaine at all and war is of course back. Come on Slaine it seems the best option is to take out all the Knights now.

Volume 2 special edition will have a manga with Slaine's past, iirc.
Aug 2, 2014 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
So... I actually have more to say this time around.

So, the Emperor guy actually seems "NOT" 100% evil. That's cool. It's a shame the rest of the Vers Empire are still a bunch of assholes who have absolutely no intention of giving peace even a remote chance despite the fact the only reason they want to kill them is because they just think they are better (Ooo, such a good reason to go to war).

I am glad Slaine was smart about it all though, he kept secret from others, he went straight to the emperor to give his 2 cents.

But of course. PEACE!? SENSE!? WHAT'S THAT!? NO BLOOD OR CARNAGE!? WELL WE CANNOT HAVE THAT!!

It's a shame because I was looking forward to the show actually straying from the average as hell plot and including a civil war within the Vers Empire, but nope, they completely wrote that off now.

The action sequence was..... Odd as usual... Again there wasn't actually all that much movement (New song though, so that's cool. Shame it was followed up by a repeated song again though).

The cannons fire at the enemy at such close range and it somehow misses (This is a nitpick not an actual hit against the show)

The allies shoot at the enemy, noticing it doesn't work, but still keep shooting. (This doesn't make much sense, they don't even TRY to do anything else.)

Inaho of course has to show up to save the day with his stoic geniusness... Then after winning he talks to himself about how he won... Why? He already knows how he won, maybe if he was talking to others it would work but.. He was just talking to himself...

Also, why didn't they just strap those explosive armors on all the machines? Was Inaho really the only one to think of that? They already fought him before, you'd think they would have prepared in case he came back but I guess the adults continue to be incompetent while the highschool kid with 20-30 years less experience outsmarts them. Alrighty then. (Seriously, if they don't explain that then that is just bad writing... Hell keeping the explanation away for this long is already bad writing.)

All in all, I found some good in this episode, thus I consider it the best so far, I had quite a few nitpicks and some issues with it.
Aug 2, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
Dr. Troyard? Maybe Slaine's father/grandfather? I think he has something to do with creating Vers technology, Aldnoah, because Saazbaum says "it's ironic" that Slaine is trying to foil his plan. Maybe it's ironic because Dr. Troyard is the one who invented the technology to give power to Vers, and Slaine is trying to oppose that same power created by his father/grandfather.

In any case, disappointed with the continued formulaic plot progression. There is some talking going on for the first 10-11 minutes or so, and then there's a fighting scene towards the last 10 minutes... They really need to change it up.

That's not how you do CPR, silly Asselyum!

chickenonthepan said:
jdbe said:
Inaho once again using his unbelievable war tactics that he's a massed from years of combat to beat an exceptionally tough martian.

You can guess by the sentence above I was being sarcastic. It's just another poorly developed main character who wins against the odds for no reason. I mean, the plan itself was simple, yet all the people with actual war knowledge couldn't think of that. The way inaho went on it was like he might as well be in charge.

If he doesn't have any backstory, I agree with what you say. But this is just ep 5. I'm still hoping for the revelation of his past.
And anyone thinks that the emperor and that Knight is planning something? I mean Cruhteo couldn't do anything. But after hearing Slain and that knight, the emperor immediately decides to resume the war. @@

The emperor is being fooled by Saazbaum. Once Saazbaum took the hint that Slaine might know something about his plan, he took the first step and told the emperor that Slaine was a spy. When Slaine arrives shortly after Saazbaum has informed that Slaine is a spy, the emperor truly believes that Slaine is part of the Terrans that planned the assassination of the princess. So it's only Saazbaum, along with other corrupt officers, planning something. The emperor is just a powerful puppet they can manipulate.
TyrelAug 4, 2014 2:32 AM
Aug 2, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

Inaho of course has to show up to save the day with his stoic geniusness... Then after winning he talks to himself about how he won... Why? He already knows how he won, maybe if he was talking to others it would work but.. He was just talking to himself...

Autism people usually talk to themselves. XD
I think he has some kind of mental disorder (no joke here, just speculation). He doesn't talk until Inko urges him to. And he usually asks "is it?". Just so weird for a "normal" person.
Just_ChickenAug 2, 2014 11:16 AM
Aug 2, 2014 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty decent episode. I'm kind of eager for some intense stuff to happen these coming episodes, let's hope for that. So they're trying to wipe out the human race it seems, interested to see where this goes.
Aug 2, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

I think he has some kind of mental disorder (no joke here, just speculation). He doesn't talk until Inko urge him to. And he usually ask "is it?". Just so weird for a "normal" person.

That is entirely possible ya. I mean... They are so in your face about him being stoic that there just HAS to be an explanation for it...

I don't think it's Autism because Autistic people don't really act the way he does. They aren't unable to display emotions, they just display them in other ways, Inaho smiles every now and then so that isn't really it. (To be fair though I am no Psychologist or doctor so my description of Autism could be entirely off)

I have no idea where they are going with him, I hope it's somewhere. Every time it switches to him I am just like, "NO NO, GO BACK TO SLAINE." But ya, there has to be an explanation and I hope they do not wait till the very end to tell us, because there really isn't much relevance to keeping it from us. S: Even if they just lightly said it in the middle of a conversation, "Well Inaho can do it cause of his *BLANK*".
Aug 2, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
Well, this episode was more bearable than the others. Still, Slaine is the best thing in this series.
Aug 2, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
Nice episode, really good music as always.
The main guy wins again and the princess is still with them. The martians still want the fight to continue and deceive the Emperor.
Aug 2, 2014 11:21 AM
Jan 2013
Awww Shit, looks like the Emperor choose to be punked by his own Knights that to believe in a low class earthling like Slaine.
Aug 2, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

So, the Emperor guy actually seems "NOT" 100% evil. That's cool. It's a shame the rest of the Vers Empire are still a bunch of assholes who have absolutely no intention of giving peace even a remote chance despite the fact the only reason they want to kill them is because they just think they are better (Ooo, such a good reason to go to war).

It's a shame because I was looking forward to the show actually straying from the average as hell plot and including a civil war within the Vers Empire, but nope, they completely wrote that off now.

Also, why didn't they just strap those explosive armors on all the machines? Was Inaho really the only one to think of that? They already fought him before, you'd think they would have prepared in case he came back but I guess the adults continue to be incompetent while the highschool kid with 20-30 years less experience outsmarts them. Alrighty then. (Seriously, if they don't explain that then that is just bad writing... Hell keeping the explanation away for this long is already bad writing.)

Yeah. Typical attitude of people with imperialistic mentality.

I wouldn't count that off quite yet. If this series really is a 2-cour, anything can happen and the plot can maybe turn for the better. However, after watching 5 episodes of almost the same thing but with just different dialogues is starting to bore me. Inaho's gotta run out of strategies some time right?

I think Inaho's coolheaded personality lets him think things through much more clearly than the soldiers, who usually panic when fighting an enemy they don't know anything about. Whereas the soldiers jump in immediately, Inaho experiments first to see what works and what doesn't. I don't think it's too unimaginable for a high school student to think at this level, but at the same time you're right. He has literally no experience in war and yet he can outsmart war veterans. I'd have preferred the main characters to be a bit older to make the whole thing a little more believable.
Aug 2, 2014 11:25 AM
Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Keten said:

I think he has some kind of mental disorder (no joke here, just speculation). He doesn't talk until Inko urges him to. And he usually asks "is it?". Just so weird for a "normal" person.

I think it was kinda funny that Inko push him to talk. I don´t know if is autism, but is something strange.
Poor Slaine, could not do nothing for his princess.
Aug 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2011
Unfortunately, cant increase the score anymore, but this was indeed another great episode. Slaine acted smart and was actually outsmarted, didnt expect that. Now lets see how he will get his ass out of that castle. I dont see any other way than to trust Count Cruhteo at this point. Or the remote chance that the princess will actually manage to contact her grandfather somehow.
Aug 2, 2014 11:27 AM
Aug 2013
Mizeteo said:
Slaine did what he could.Damn that Count Saazbaum.

It would have been better had he not done anything.
Aug 2, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2007
It turns out the power of Aldnoah does have one critical weakness.....water. Inaho, I don't even know what to say. I totally get why the general MAL audience thinks he's just the coolest (I mean people here love characters like this that never ever fail) but he's very slowly turning this show into a joke with his strategies that continue to revolve around exploiting some ridiculous weakness in the Martian mechs. I mean who designs a weapon and mech that will explode the second it comes into contact with a large body of water. I mean I thought the barrier that makes it so you can't see without drones was impractical enough but this is about the most gross oversight in mech design I've seen out of a mech in ages.
Aug 2, 2014 11:32 AM
Oct 2010
Wow ok... at first I thought the emperor was a reasonable dude, but then by the end he was swayed by some really shitty logic. Instead of waiting to see the results of the investigation he requested he just goes full stupid mode and restarts the war.....

Speaking of investigations the investigation into the death of Trillam was pretty silly as well. Just because he abandoned his mech doesn't mean he didn't die in the meteor bombardment. This is a nitpick but it was kinda funny that the guy he was talking to on screen was looking away instead of facing him.

Also does the princess know the short haired girl his a martian? (Can't remember) Because her statements would come across as strange to me if she weren't. I've also mentioned how I hate the impracticality of the martian mechs, so I won't get into that again, the only problem I had (outside of that) with that fight is that the ejection seat shot forward from the back of the mech and this dude is parachuting from the sky.
Aug 2, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It turns out the power of Aldnoah does have one critical weakness.....water

Blastoise would wreck them.
Aug 2, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Did you watch the episode? Was a simple explanation why the mecha explode.
Aug 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2007
Bluebirds22 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place. Does that not strike you as more than a little stupid and very convenient for someone like Inaho to just easily exploit. It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked. It just feels kind of cheap and not really all that interesting strategy wise. It's like okay good job there again wunderkind, but it'd be nice to see this guy actual struggle against a mech with no one shot sure kill weakness for once and sweat it out while just barely scraping by in a win. That would certainly be more tense and the sense of accomplishment so much greater, but I guess it's not that kind of show.
Aug 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
There's better kiss scenes this season from Aldnoah Zero & Fate/yuriloli than all other romance anime combined.
Aug 2, 2014 11:49 AM
Nov 2013
With all respect regrettable as there are people who prefer Slaine.
Slaine It is weak, all he does is without thinking, he did not know the fight so to speak, he does not think before acting.
Have Inaho is completely opposite he always acts right, always think before acting is quiet.
lamentable same as someone can Sleine like one of the worst characters I've ever seen.

laine, acts without thinking, instead of trying to escape to Earth to search for the princess, and their weakness seeks the help of others.
Unlike Inahoa acting without relying on the opinion of others.
Those who like Slaine must have mental poblemas can so.
vieri32Aug 2, 2014 11:53 AM
Aug 2, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
vieri32 said:
Slaine It is weak, all he does is without thinking, he did not know the fight so to speak, he does not think before acting.
Have Inaho is completely opposite he always acts right, always think before acting is quiet.
lamentable same as someone can Sleine like one of the worst characters I've ever seen.

Slaine is interesting and well written and Inaho is a bland, badly written character who is just there as Gary Stu-self insert fantasy for now. It may pain you but Slaine's the show most popular character in Japan because people can be emotionally invested and attached on him.

Inaho so far is barely above plot device level.
Aug 2, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
What's the deal with the explosive armour? Why aren't all of the Terran mechs outfitted with it? Is it in limited supply or something? Even if it is, you would think in a large scale war that it would be used regardless. Inaho is the only person to think to use it up to this point? Did he install it himself? I guess he anticipated that that guy would come back and had it ready in advance. That raises another question though. Why didn't he tell anyone else about his idea? Then maybe no one else would have had to die.

I really want to enjoy this anime, but it's details like this which irritate me. Call me nitpicky if you want. I don't think this is a bad show, I just think it's flawed. If I was to score it based on these first five episodes alone, I would probably give it a 6 or a 7.
LambdaDeltaGammaAug 2, 2014 12:02 PM
Aug 2, 2014 11:57 AM
Nov 2013
vieri32 said:

Slaine is interesting and well written and Inaho is a bland, badly written character who is just there as Gary Stu-self insert fantasy for now. It may pain you but Slaine's the show most popular character in Japan because people can be emotionally invested and attached on him.

Inaho so far is barely above plot device level.

be moved by a character who does nothing without orders, do not you think a real puppet.
Slaine is only popular for you who likes to know weaklings who are acting under orders given by others.
Aug 2, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2013
71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered. Let's design mechs which aren't capable of functioning in water. Dragons Den awaits.

I really hope Slaine gets a decent end, I'm gonna be so done if he just gets continuously screwed with all the way to the finale.

Gotta love emperors and royalty in anime, if they aren't incompetent 10 year olds they're senile old men/weak willed fodder who are manipulated by everyone. Best episode so far for me, more Slaine coverage it seemed to me at least than the previous episodes. Still disappointed to see MC exploiting the shit out of the worst mechs/pilots ever but still being held as a genius.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 2, 2014 12:06 PM
Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Bluebirds22 said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place.

Do you really aware what cause the mecha explode ?

Please don't attack Inaho just because he shining then your Slaine.
Aug 2, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2008
This anime is going into such a nice direction, honestly I'll be pretty pissed if they fuck it up.

Also the OST is nuts! That electro-dupstep-or-whatever-it-was-part was so sick... I love it!
Aug 2, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
kawaiii himee :3

nice episode, but this Asseylum really rule the opening o.0

love the ed also <3
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 2, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2007
richter03 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place.

Yes Richter03 "I are be aware why mecha explodededed when he shining more than our Slaine".

Jesus Christ......just going to sit back and just watch the chaos play out in this thread for a bit.
Aug 2, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Bluebirds22 said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place. Does that not strike you as more than a little stupid and very convenient for someone like Inaho to just easily exploit. It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked. It just feels kind of cheap and not really all that interesting strategy wise. It's like okay good job there again wunderkind, but it'd be nice to see this guy actual struggle against a mech with no one shot sure kill weakness for once and sweat it out while just barely scraping by in a win. That would certainly be more tense and the sense of accomplishment so much greater, but I guess it's not that kind of show.

It just a anime. Insulting users is such pathetic, if you don´t like Inaho is okey, but insulting to people that don´t think the same as you... really get a life.
Aug 2, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2012
Maryruss said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It just a anime. Insulting users is such pathetic, if you don´t like Inaho is okey, but insulting to people that don´t think the same as you... really get a life.

You don't understand mate, most* MAL users treat anime like engineering, they have to take it seriously or the structure supporting their brain would collapse.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 2, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 2014
LOL... so many people trying to say the martian mechas' weakness is water. As for those who watch subs, read closely nubs. Anyways it's a good episode. Logic wins over nakama power.
Aug 2, 2014 12:17 PM
Jul 2014
Tommk said:
Maryruss said:

You don't understand mate, most* MAL users treat anime like engineering, they have to take it seriously or the structure supporting their brain would collapse.

Well that explain a lot.
Aug 2, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Well, I've always known MAL to be a breeding ground of critics for being nit-picky but I'll join in nonetheless for fun lol.

vieri32 said:
be moved by a character who does nothing without orders, do not you think a real puppet.
Slaine is only popular for you who likes to know weaklings who are acting under orders given by others.

I believe its an acquired taste for some people that they'd prefer characters progressing through struggles (eg: Slaine) instead of watching others that triumph seemingly without effort.

I'm almost 100% sure that if Inaho were to show emotional signs of him struggling during his fights with the martian mechs, the term 'gary-stu' wouldn't even exist for him anymore. Pretty sure that misconception with gary stu labeling are often misused for characters who simply lack emotions with victories.

Vexper said:
71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered. Let's design mechs which aren't capable of functioning in water. Dragons Den awaits.

Well I agree to some extent but that view is rather flawed itself imo. To be fair,
1) Mars =/= Earth. No sea on their planet.
2) Mechs aren't amphibious, I was under impression that they're like heavy tanks with legs. Same thing goes to terran cataphrapts.
3) It was the martian mech's alnoah drive/ light saber that led to his demise. Though without underwater thrusters, both of their cataphracts would still sink anyway.
Aug 2, 2014 12:19 PM
Aug 2014
Tommk said:
Maryruss said:

It's just giving justice by correcting them. Think about it like a geek that would say because of this that he died.
Aug 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
So we got to see how 5 years ago Slaine arrived in a pod in the Vers Empire and was saved through intense kissing by a loli Seylum.

Well, at least his majesty seemed to have a better way of thought and asked that the hostilities stop and inform the UE of this.

Poor Slaine keeps getting bashed around by the martians lol.

The UE should relinquish all military command to Inaho if they want to win this war, that's just my honest opinion since their officers seem utterly incapable of devising strategies like he does.

It looks like the martian with the kataphrakt that uses that plasma sword hasn't learned his lesson yet, he needs his butt kicked some more.

It was a good thing that Slaine managed to talk to his majesty... who doesn't look in that good a shape.

Inaho... doing as a student what the real officers and veterans can't, and looking cool while doing it all.

It was a surprise seeing Rayet be the first one to get to Inaho to retrieve him.

Dear lord, I hope that his majesty won't prove to be stupid enough to believe those lies... foolish geezer...

I can't wait to see more of Inaho's brilliant military tactics and exploits in the next episodes.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM
Jun 2012
So Slaine's attempt at stopping the war backfired and actually made the emperor decide to declare war again. Also looks like he's pretty fucked since they now suspect him of being a spy.
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2012
maveric2170 said:
Tommk said:

It's just giving justice by correcting them. Think about it like a geek that would say because of this that he died.

Not sure..............I'm able to comprehend this or not......
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 2, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
seriously who the hell is inaho there has to be a story to it.

i like a main character who knows what he is doing but i just find it hard to belive that a student has so much more tactical finesse and superior knowledge to everyone else, especially all the other military trained people there
xSanoxAug 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Aside from the bad OST, and cgi, this is looking decent but a bit too bland story wise with the direction they are taking. I hope bringing the princess back to mars won't be the ultimate solution and ending.

Sep 2009
the frustration is real. but i guess this turn of events is only natural to keep the plot progressing onward.
Aug 2, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 2014
Probably not too wise to attack a target over a large body of water with weapons that cannot be used in water, and with a mecha that has no amphibious capabilities. I know these guys are overconfident but there's only so many times you can get crushed by tactical ingenuity before you realize that maybe you should be taking these guys seriously, especially if you're the same guy who was defeated by a crane not even 24 hours(?) before.

I feel like this show is trying to marry Code Geass with Gundam Wing and is kind of failing at it. I still have hope that it can be an interesting series though.
Aug 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
StefanMZ said:
The UE should relinquish all military command to Inaho if they want to win this war, that's just my honest opinion since their officers seem utterly incapable of devising strategies like he does.
Even though this is an anime, where adults are all braindead incompetents and kids are the only capable of being competent, that sounds a bit irrealistic even by anime standards.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2010
I love the show so far and Slaine is definitely the best developed character out of the three mains.
I want to see Inaho get some development soon because he's not really clicking with me and for at least one episode I'd appreciate if the princess would take a hint about letting the empire know of her survival.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2007
Maryruss said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Where am I insulting people? Sorry but people are coming out with these one liner posts all the time about how I'm just a hater and putting these simplistic positions in my mouth that I don't really hold. I mean yes I prefer Slaine to Inaho, but it's because I truly find him a more interesting character while Inaho is currently shaping up to be one of the most one dimensional and bland MC's in a mecha anime since Kira Yamato in Gundam Seed Destiny. Just because he doesn't have an OP mech really doesn't excuse the fact that this shows potential is currently being cheapened by everything about the actual fighting and mecha/weapon designs having to be contrived so that Inaho is made to look like this ultimate badass in the most simplistically achievable way possible. The whole tactics thing just really loses it's impact in terms of the whole execution when he never suffers any setbacks or has to make adjustments on the fly that aren't dictated by his own actions. I mean it's not a bad idea, but they're going about it in just about the worst way they possibly could be right now and it's making the fights in the show really boring. Really at this point I'm not entirely unconvinced that this guy couldn't just solo the entire Martian army by himself in a training mech the way they're making it look. Just find a way to drop them all in water, then the problem more or less will solve itself.

Basically it's like the law of Gundam Seed Destiny right now where every battle is utterly predictable and lacks any sort of tension or intrigue cause MC in any mech>Martian in "super mech">any Earth mech not piloted by MC or one of his friends. That's pretty much shaping up to be the template for every single fight scene the way things are going. It's cool if some people find this interesting and think it's just the coolest I guess cause it does try to be really flashy with it and the one liners, but I don't really take too kindly to people trying to indicate that it's somehow unreasonable not to just blindly accept this formula and call it exceptional war scenario writing. I'm speaking from experience in this genre here too by the way, this is far from ideal right now.

Also if the show didn't try to draw so much attention to how clever it thinks it's attempts at including tactics in the mix and a main character in a trainer mech fighting gimmick bosses are I doubt people would complain as much but this show takes itself absolutely deathly seriously in terms of the conflict and clearly thinks it's being incredibly smart so it raises expectations and thus you get more criticism of that aspect than you probably would otherwise see. Besides I've yet to see a specific reason as to how people might be wrong in being underwhelmed by the combat dynamics in this show so much as people complaining that people have misgivings at all. I mean not everybody is just entirely satisfied by rule of cool stuff all the time.
Aug 2, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2013
That opening was mad weird.

Your impudent because you want to fight for someone important to you? Ok...

MC Inaho is still a drone but he is practical and gets the job done though.

The battle music on the ship was different...not bad just different.

The guy talked with the king but he was already ratted out as a traitor so now the king will also be a pawn.
Aug 2, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
richter03 said:

Yes Richter03 "I are be aware why mecha explodededed when he shining more than our Slaine".

Jesus Christ......just going to sit back and just watch the chaos play out in this thread for a bit.

Because I think you don't.
"It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked."

Their mecha design is nothing to do with this lose, think back to previous episode, the mecha can be damage by a simply throw of a container that mean this mecha armor isn't much thick and in this episode it take a instantly mass of steam blowing that cause by his beam blades. Enemy lose because his ignorance, if he turn off his beam blades instead rise the output power of his beam blades I sure he will survive.

@Vexper
If you like weak MC and love to see a development at the end I think almost MC of shonen ai genre might be give you a good time.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.