Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode felt pretty fast, probably because of the action. Most of the mages attack against the dragons including Sabertooth.

I see that Sting got his confidence back which is good. The flashbacks were pretty short so they filled in most of the episode with action instead. Sad to say though but the dragons are pretty tough so far against the wizards. COBRA SPOTTED. I haven't seen this dude since Oracion Seis Reborn arc.
Aug 1, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
Seven Dragon Slayers Versus Seven Dragons!!!

All those combined efforts to take down the dragons without making a scratch!
Nice to see some magic hasn't been seen from a long time.
Natsu announcement was pretty awesome!
Acnologia ruling the future world! The action were quite enjoyable.
Aug 1, 2014 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
It's funny seeing them scroll through the dragon slayers. All these big dudes and then little Wendy.
Aug 1, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2012
Great ep makes me hype up for NaLu next ep :D

Aug 1, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2013
Damn this episode was good, and the animation was even better.
Aug 1, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
Yay.... probably the most hype we will get for a while XD
Aug 1, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Welcome back Cobra, I knew you were going to show up again since you are a second generation dragon slayer many arcs ago.
Aug 1, 2014 8:16 PM
Sep 2012
This was an awesome episode, one of my favorite character makes a return. This episode is very streched out as it only adapts one chapter this episode. The anime needed to slow down a bit in order not to catch up to the manga.

The good guys seem to put more of a better fight in the anime, and it is great to see Jura, Lyon, and Kagura team up, that was awesome, even though they are not a good match up for the dragons, but still. And Makarov did his thing, but again he is not a dragon slayer.

We find out happened to Sting and Rogue's dragons, as we thought they were ill or let them win. Now let's see what they and all of the other dragon slayers can do against real dragaons that aren't ill or suicidal. Fortunately non of them are on Acnologia's level.

In the end, Cobra appears, hopefully in the future episode as anime add ons, I want to see Kianna and her thoughts on the situation. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 1, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode and Cobra finally showed up.
Aug 1, 2014 9:34 PM

Mar 2013
Natsus' speech got me kind of hyped up.
Aug 1, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
I'm pretty damn sure that one of those dragons had Godzilla's exact roar. Isn't that trademarked, how did they get away with that?!

Aug 1, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2009
Pretty good episode. It was nice that they didn't rush through the fighting and extended a few scenes.

Next episode is Zirconis's stupid power. I think that's when I began to dislike this arc when reading the manga.
Aug 1, 2014 10:41 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode.
Natsus speech made me to crave for the next episode!
Aug 1, 2014 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
These dragons are no freaking joke! Time for the dragon slayers to get in there! Natsu's speech at the ending yelling out to all the other dragon slayers that they exist for this day. There are 7 dragon slayers and 7 dragons! Cobra makes his return and evens the sides. Seven dragon slayers: Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, Laxus, Sting, Rogue, and Cobra vs the seven dragons: Motherglare, Zirconis, Atlas Flame, Scissor Runner, Levia, Rock Dragon, and Dark Dragon! This is gonna be good! Get in there Dragon Slayers! Time to put your magic to the test!
Aug 1, 2014 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
Natsu's speech made me want to start reading the manga instead of waiting for the next episode now xDD
Aug 1, 2014 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so close to reading the manga, plz Fairy Tail (2014) step up your game...
Aug 2, 2014 12:10 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like they held back... we got some fighting scenes from the other guilds instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 1:35 AM
Mar 2013
Pretty good episode for once, but it kinda pisses me off how dragons are immune to all attacks regardless of how destructive they are. It's one thing for dragons to be powerfull, but not taking a scratch from Makarov, Jura or Kagura is just kinda dumb. Making dragons needlessly op just to hype up dragon slayers, as if the show needed any more of it.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Aug 2, 2014 1:50 AM

Apr 2011
One of the better episodes from FT 2014, the animation of the dragons looks good! Finally Cobra is gonna join in the fight, its been long time and its not contest he looks better in this version. Marvis protecting Asuka and I wonder what she was thinking?
vansonbeeAug 2, 2014 1:55 AM
Aug 2, 2014 2:34 AM

Nov 2011
Geeh, what a suprise!! Only Dragon Slayer are able to beat dragons!! *sigh* Why they wasted time on pointless "fighting" scenes,when they should have known ,that Dragons Slayers are only people who can beat dragons?!
OnbuuAug 2, 2014 2:39 AM
Aug 2, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2012
Onbuu said:
Geeh, what a suprise!! Only Dragon Slayer are able to beat dragons!! *sigh* Why they wasted time on pointless "fighting" scenes,when they should have known ,that Dragons Slayers are only people who can beat dragons?!
Better than just sitting, watching then go to MAL...

Aug 2, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2012
This episode seemed to take a change in pace compared to previous episodes... doesn't feel like they dragged the dialogue out as much this time and focused more on action. Brings the classic Fairy Tail feeling to the show.

Juvia and Gray's double team attack seemed really well animated... I was actually surprised at that, seeing as so far there hasn't been an incredible amount of crazy visuals... yet.

I'm glad Sabertooth is starting to respect Fairy Tail a bit more, that made me happy. That Orga/Rufus attack though, I swear I thought it would do at least SOME damage...

It's finally time for the Dragonslayers to do their jobs... looking forward to seeing Wendy possibly fight...

Until this point, I completely forgot Cobra was a Dragonslayer... I just thought, "Wait, why the hell are they bringing Cobra back again? Didn't we just see him a few arcs ago? Why would they need his help-- OOOHHH RIIIGHTTT..."

Looking forward to the next episode...
Aug 2, 2014 4:03 AM
Oct 2013
DoomTheWiseWolf said:
This episode seemed to take a change in pace compared to previous episodes... doesn't feel like they dragged the dialogue out as much this time and focused more on action. Brings the classic Fairy Tail feeling to the show.

It's funny, because this episode adapted only one chapter as opposed to the last few episodes that had two chapters per episode
Aug 2, 2014 4:28 AM

May 2013
Future Rouge wants to defeat Acnologia using dragons under his control. Seems interesting. Dragon King wannabee.
Cobra will surely dominate next episode. Haven't seen him for a while. I almost forgot he's a Poison Dragon Slayer. Should be awesome.
Aug 2, 2014 5:25 AM

Apr 2008
Sydonis said:
Pretty good episode for once, but it kinda pisses me off how dragons are immune to all attacks regardless of how destructive they are. It's one thing for dragons to be powerfull, but not taking a scratch from Makarov, Jura or Kagura is just kinda dumb. Making dragons needlessly op just to hype up dragon slayers, as if the show needed any more of it.

Yoiu forget the history of dragons in this world. 400 years ago they were top of the foodchain. You know what changed that? Dragons teaching humans MAGIC made for fighting Dragons. Meaning that they were ALWAYS immune to magic that is not dragon slaying magic. It's natural that they shrug off any other magic no matter how powerful.

Cowheart said:
Pretty good episode. It was nice that they didn't rush through the fighting and extended a few scenes.

Next episode is Zirconis's stupid power. I think that's when I began to dislike this arc when reading the manga.

I find your gripe hilarious given that the series your avatar is from has a ton more nudity throughout.
Aug 2, 2014 5:38 AM

Jun 2012
Let's make one thing perfectly clear: Rogue had ZERO reason to attack the city. His original plan was to defeat Acnologia with the dragons that were summoned. So why in the god oh all mighty did he have to manipulate the dragons to attack the city where there is at least 6 other DRAGON SLAYERS!? Because he is evil.... that is all the reason you people need.

On the side note: These battles are super boring. These dragons are obviously uber powerful and we have to use more than 2 episodes to get that message through? Waste of time. Just bring the freaking 1v1 Dragons versus dragon slayers already.
VileFaeAug 2, 2014 5:48 AM
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Aug 2, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
It is good to see that the huge hype around the strength of the dragons throughout the series wasn't for nothing. Dragon slayer magic, and dragon slayer magic alone, can even hope to do as much as scratch a dragon ;)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Aug 2012
Natsu's speech was so awesome!

Aug 2, 2014 8:02 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
natsu gave me goosebumps
Aug 2, 2014 8:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Sydonis said:

Im just guessing dragons slayers has special element of being able to cause actual damage to dragons. It's not like their magic is OP'ly stronger, It just seems to able "bypass" dragons immunity
Aug 2, 2014 8:07 AM
Sep 2007
Fairy Tail really has lame antagonists.

In the end they all end up being bitches who glorify / adore Fairy Tail guild.
Aug 2, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2013
Another awesome episode of Fairy Tail!

The battle between wizards finally begins! ( >o<)/

The dragons are ao powerful,they aren't affected by the wizards attacks...

From all the dragons,I've especially taken a liking to Zirconis amd Atlas Flame...Zirconis is still the funiest dragon..talking nonchalantly with his "prey"

Wow,Natsu is so amazing *o* ...His VA is awesome aa well..Hearing him screaming as the dragon was "collapsing" gave me shivers down my spine...so execiting!!!

Yaaay,i haven't seen Cobra in such a loong while..he's as cool as always..

Now...7 dragons versus 7 dragon slayers...the next episodes will be outstanding!!
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Aug 2, 2014 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode can't wait for more.

Aug 2, 2014 8:48 AM

Sep 2013
Ok this episode was WAY better than last weeks. Im hyped up again.
Osaka117 said:
I'm pretty damn sure that one of those dragons had Godzilla's exact roar. Isn't that trademarked, how did they get away with that?!

It definitely did have Godzilla's roar. Its likely trademarked yes but trademarking sounds is a damned hard thing to do and yet serves little to no purpose.
Sydonis said:

The Dragons arent OP. The author is simply following the most basic lore of dragons and their kin. Specifically that dragons are immune to magic --or at least so resistant it borders immunity & not just fire magic either like some out there would tell you--. Cmon, you didnt think Dragon SLAYER magic was just a title did you? The whole reason for its existence is to be the one thing that can slay Dragons.
Old_RavenAug 2, 2014 8:55 AM
Aug 2, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2013
Meh episode. Nothing much happened. Didn't like the reused OST. Did they think people wouldn't notice if they changed it a little bit?

DarkMind said:
On the side note: These battles are super boring. These dragons are obviously uber powerful and we have to use more than 2 episodes to get that message through? Waste of time. Just bring the freaking 1v1 Dragons versus dragon slayers already.

The whole arc is boring. Don't expect any epic battles. It's even more anticlimactic than the Grand Magic Games.
Aug 2, 2014 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
I never thought that Zirconis would be green :/ But since he's a jade dragon I think it makes sense.

This OSTs never stop impressing me every episode *-*

Atlas Flame wa tsuyosugiru *-*

Makarov what about Fairy Law?! Well, I know he isn't going to use it but it would be interesting xD

Rouge created a magic to control dragons but why the hell Zirconis said "I will hear him because it will be funny" (or something like that), it gave away the idea that he isn't being controlled at all.

AHAHAHAH Lamia Scale's master is useless as always xD

Natsu epically beating the shit off the dragon! +_+

Epic ending, finally we got to see some epicness since the last season! KYAAA Can't hold my anxiety to watch the next episode!!!!
Aug 2, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
The the war against the seven dragons start!

Future Rogue is freakin powerful, I hope Natsu will be able to beat him.

One thing to note is that they shouldn't have made the dragons almighty, they're extremely powerful and resistant to all magical attacks, there's a limit to how OP something can be.

Hah, the fact that Atlas didn't even budge when Makarov hit him is rather infuriating.

Even Kagura with Jura and Lyon couldn't do anything... hmmm... they should have brought the dragon slayers on the front lines faster.

Of course we got to see Cobra this episode, he's a dragon slayer so I guess his skills were needed.

It was pretty funny that god slaying magic didn't work on the dragon since a god should be stronger than a dragon lol.

We also got to see some past memories of how Sting's and Rogue's dragons were actually killed by them.

Ohoo, Acnologia is going to rule the world seven years in the future.

In the end future Rogue's plans were his selfish desires to rule the world in Acnologia's stead as the dragon king, meh.

Natsu as always is the one to rally up the rest and deliver the first blow that hurt to a dragon.

Long time no see Cobra.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
DarkMind said:
Let's make one thing perfectly clear: Rogue had ZERO reason to attack the city. His original plan was to defeat Acnologia with the dragons that were summoned. So why in the god oh all mighty did he have to manipulate the dragons to attack the city where there is at least 6 other DRAGON SLAYERS!? Because he is evil.... that is all the reason you people need.

Lots of correction needed here. First of all Rogue's original order was to eliminate all the wizards in the city because why wouldn't he want to eliminate the very people who could thwart his plan? his goal is to become the ruler of everything, dragons and humans. I don't think wizards are needed in Rogue's plan.

Second, again his original plan was to bring forth 10000 dragons. 10000 might be exaggerating it since even he admitted he couldn't control that many but it's not like he purposely brought forth exactly 7. Lucy closed the gate before more could come in. Not even 6 (or 7) dragon slayers could stand a chance against a hundred or even 10-20 of them.

Lastly if you haven't realized yet the pacing in this anime is awfully slow. They added tons of filler stuffs that wasn't in the manga. This episode and the last adapted exactly 2 chapters, that's almost an hour of about 40 pages. The scenes where the wizards attacked the dragons weren't that elaborate in the manga, it didn't show each wizard teams attacking one by one . Blame the studio for that although at this point I don't think you should be surprised by this.
Aug 2, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
Sydonis said:

The dragons are overpowered because they are dragons

Aug 2, 2014 11:57 AM
Jun 2014
If you guys are thinking "The other mages should have at least done a scratch or two"
Guys it's like trying to open a can with a spoon XD
Every magic has it's use

poor little Wendy she's the only small none buff dragon slayer XD
I loved Juvia x Gray in this one X3
Aug 2, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
FreezyFire said:
If you guys are thinking "The other mages should have at least done a scratch or two"
Every magic has it's use

Honestly i think it should.
I like the fact that the dragons are OP, but what i don't like is their immunity. Rather than immunity, it should be just a high resistance.
With that many top level mage, at least a dragon should receive 1 or 2 little scratch, especially these dragons are not our special dragons like Igneel, Acnologia, or Metalicana.

I would appreciate it more if Mashima give that little detail.
Aug 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
Flashoftheback said:
FreezyFire said:
Every magic has it's use

Honestly i think it should.
I like the fact that the dragons are OP, but what i don't like is their immunity. Rather than immunity, it should be just a high resistance.
With that many top level mage, at least a dragon should receive 1 or 2 little scratch, especially these dragons are not our special dragons like Igneel, Acnologia, or Metalicana.

I would appreciate it more if Mashima give that little detail.

He did give the detail. In the history of how Dragons were at the top of the food chain until some kind dragons decided to teach humans magic tailored SPECIFICALLY to kill dragons. Kindly use your brain before complaining
Aug 2, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode..The build up !!!
Aug 2, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2013
Nice :D

WHERE'S GILDARTS THOUGH
Aug 2, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Esheraz said:

WHERE'S GILDARTS THOUGH

He is not in this arc or the next or the one after that.
Aug 2, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Esheraz said:

WHERE'S GILDARTS THOUGH

You can't stop spoiling huh? every week you're telling spoilers. Why are you doing that? Maybe some people hope that he appears. The thread tells clearly not to discuss things after this episode :/
Aug 2, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
I loved this episode, honestly. Like, I was waiting for a scene like this for 190 episodes or so, the whole concept of FT implied this and we finally got to see this after too many episodes, I don't feel like complaining though, I'm just glad it's that time.

Spin spin joke is annoying, just like the childish gags that simply ruin the seriousness and hype of the incoming fight. Never complained about it, but they felt out of place here imho.
Aug 2, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2008
Tendou-kun said:
Darklight0303 said:

You can't stop spoiling huh? every week you're telling spoilers. Why are you doing that? Maybe some people hope that he appears. The thread tells clearly not to discuss things after this episode :/

I'd rather people don't ask about him every thread until they catch up on the manga again.nothing important is spoiled ins saying that he's not showing up. If anything it lets people lower their expectations so less disappointment. A win win for both parties in my book
Aug 2, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2014
Atlas flame is darn badass and Zirconis is really funny. I really want to know more about the other dragons.
So now we knew what Rogue intention was and I can't help but thinking if they win this dragons hunting it doesn't change the fact that Acnologia will still coming and ruin the future.
Although this episode feel fast, it's still good.
Now I can't wait to see next episode. I don't read the Manga, but my friend insisted me to read that particular chapter and it seems it will come next week. Let's see how they handle 'it' animated.
Google first, ask later
Aug 2, 2014 11:57 PM

Jul 2014
Dark_Messiah said:
Onbuu said:
Better than just sitting, watching then go to MAL...

Lol. This made my day.
Google first, ask later
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.