Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Really strange start so far but I kinda like it. The MC (Bajin) so far seems to have a clear mind. The premise also has some religious themes in it? The setting feels different also so far.

Unfortunately, the cover art looks somewhat generic so I hope it won't turn into some oddball fanservice piece of work. Otherwise, this actually has potential.
Jun 13, 2015 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
Just finish volume 1, love it

Ikta is a very likable MC so far. Sarcastic, highly intelligent with a laid back attitude, funny, also very perceptive.

The plot while not great yet, but interesting enough to keep me reading.

8/5 for the first volume
Aug 23, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2013
There is an alchemy starting to appear between the main character across that first volume which is quite promising . Haro isn't really part of it yet though.
I'm relieved that this novel doesn't have ecchi scenes either. There may be some hint of a harem later on, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything important even if it were to happen.
So how many time are they going to save the princess in the whole series? That's already 4 times in the first volume xD.
Speaking of the princess, is she really 12 years old with that behaviour and all? I think it wouldn't have hurt the story if all the character were 4 years older. Everyone being too young kind of hinder the suspension of disbelief from time to time.

The fighting system with the seirei is interesting, but at the same time, extremely restrictive for the author. Only 4 times of seirei and among them only 2 directly affect battles may be too little. This is restricting the variation in type of troop heavily.
Nov 24, 2015 2:28 AM

Dec 2014
Wow! This is a good read. :)
Ice cream
Foraging for food
And the handkerchief was funny.

Ikta and the other mains are enjoyable to read. :)
That mock battle was awesome....
But the private conversation and pact between Ikta and Chamille is just perfect. <3

So now the best girls.. XD

Loli princess >>> red-haired monster ;) > the antagonistic platoon sub commander > the antagonistic platoon sub commander's mother XD > airhead medic.

<3
Feb 7, 2016 11:41 AM
Feb 2016
I just created an account to say this..

Story is great, well thought & reason.

MC is smart and perceptive.

But.. what I bloody hate the guts of this manga writer is how weak they have portrayed the MC and how over the top powerful is his friend Yatori.

Yatori looks damn hot but she is more hot headed and controls on borderline bullies the MC. The times she has twisted and forced to the ground the MC just for speaking his mind is on an another level.
Enough to make me start hating Yatori than liking her at the beginning. The MC just plays along as the story forces him to do things without any choice given to him.

I like a character who has spine and the MC here has. But any portrayal gets punished in a very heavy handed manner. The MC is infinitely weak and can use only his brains to get out of sticky situations. There is never any real gratitude when he saves the primcess almost 4 times. The princess is brat and if MC was angry at her cuz she insulted his mother is justified. In this entire story the MC is weak yet smart, the princess does whatever she wants and uses Yatori as bull dog to enforce her wishes on Ikta. There is tragedy but the biggest tragedy is the unjustified treatment if the main character Ikta.

To the writer and author. Great story, poor depiction and infuriating execution - potential being wasted. Hope someone gets this message to them - I hate this manga. Watashiwa sono manga wa Dai kirai!
Feb 8, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
Assasinscreed2 said:
I just created an account to say this..

Story is great, well thought & reason.

MC is smart and perceptive.

But.. what I bloody hate the guts of this manga writer is how weak they have portrayed the MC and how over the top powerful is his friend Yatori.

Yatori looks damn hot but she is more hot headed and controls on borderline bullies the MC. The times she has twisted and forced to the ground the MC just for speaking his mind is on an another level.
Enough to make me start hating Yatori than liking her at the beginning. The MC just plays along as the story forces him to do things without any choice given to him.

I like a character who has spine and the MC here has. But any portrayal gets punished in a very heavy handed manner. The MC is infinitely weak and can use only his brains to get out of sticky situations. There is never any real gratitude when he saves the primcess almost 4 times. The princess is brat and if MC was angry at her cuz she insulted his mother is justified. In this entire story the MC is weak yet smart, the princess does whatever she wants and uses Yatori as bull dog to enforce her wishes on Ikta. There is tragedy but the biggest tragedy is the unjustified treatment if the main character Ikta.

To the writer and author. Great story, poor depiction and infuriating execution - potential being wasted. Hope someone gets this message to them - I hate this manga. Watashiwa sono manga wa Dai kirai!

What the fuck is this shit ?
Jun 20, 2017 8:36 AM
Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Really strange start so far but I kinda like it. The MC (Bajin) so far seems to have a clear mind. The premise also has some religious themes in it? The setting feels different also so far.

Unfortunately, the cover art looks somewhat generic so I hope it won't turn into some oddball fanservice piece of work. Otherwise, this actually has potential.
can you tell mme about the aldera religion ?
Dec 14, 2021 7:01 PM
Sep 2019
Pretty good first volume.
It started off promising and ended promising.

The story concept revealed thus far is good but not original but still it's got it's own things spun in which makes it kinda different.
Characters are good and have quite some potential I'd say. Ikta comes off as a yang wenli at first but again he just like the story has his own unique aspects. Yatori and the others are good and can go become even better i feel as the story progresses.
Battle strategies were realistic and very intelligent too....i hope it remains this way throughout the story

As for things I didn't like.....the maturity of the princess is nearly unrealistic and the pacing of this manga is kinda....odd for me a bit.

Overall a solid introduction... I'd say 8/10 or so for this vol

More topics from this board

» Nejimaki Vol. 14 Spoil me please ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Dec 9, 2018

63 by IchaboinkerI »»
May 26, 2023 9:33 PM

» Spoiler Volume 6-14

Syureria - Oct 3, 2019

8 by rihei1134 »»
Aug 4, 2022 12:54 AM

» why this didnt got any official translations??

NaughtySempai - Dec 18, 2021

7 by Playcool »»
Feb 28, 2022 7:30 AM

» Spoilers and Summary

HanafiBouchebout - Jun 29, 2016

7 by Blacksanguine »»
Oct 24, 2016 10:00 AM

» How many volumes does the anime cover?

Mavsynchroid - Oct 1, 2016

7 by keragamming »»
Oct 15, 2016 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.