Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2009 9:57 AM

May 2008
Too many misogynist dominating Sankaku complex discussions. Not enough feminist perspectives to put them in place. It's really gotten out of hand for too long and I've been fairly alone defending feminism in the forums and articles. I think it's about time to wield the Labrys and rally the troops.

Current situation:
Misogynistic users are saying that working women are the cause of underpopulation and men's problems in Japan.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/forums/topic.php?id=3685&page=24
"tldr: Feminism is screwing women over in the long run"

You know what's interesting? Unlike in the west, there was never really any 'feminist revolution' to speak of in Japan. It's tempting to want to blame women's bad behavior on feminism - to externalize their failings to some kind of ideology. However, as this report shows, women don't need to be 'trained' to act this way by feminism - it's just part of their nature. All feminism does is make women more blatant and obvious in their selfishness, it doesn't put that selfishness there to begin with. That's just something women are born with.

Women want to marry up. Do a little google research and look at the number of 'successful' women who remain single and are bitter about it. Many articles have been written on the subject. Are so many of these women still single because no man can 'handle' them as successful women? Well, that's an explanation popular with feminazis. A much more plausible explanation is that there just aren't enough 'good' (read rich) men to go around and these women aren't about to settle for a carpenter or a plumber. Women demand men who they can use as a step up the 'success' ladder. Only dishonest people can even try to deny this.

Feminism doesn't change women into wonderful human beings who believe in equality and are willing to pull their own weight. Rather, it just enhances women's selfish and egotistical tendencies and makes them even more obnoxious and overt in the pursuit of their own self-interest. An unfeminist woman says to herself "What can I do to persuade the men around me to do things for me?" Whereas the feminist woman says "What strategy can I employ to most effectively demand and force concessions from men in general?" These are the only differences between non-feminist and feminist women - feminists have sharper claws and more of a taste for blood.

As you can see there's quite the problem on hand here. And these kind of statements are an everyday occurrence on SankakuComplex.

Should you feel in anyway compelled to fill that horrible place with a little more sense, it would be quite fantastic. I'm certainly not trying to make anyone feel that it is important that they do this. But I thought it was about time I did sexism reports on the internets outside of MyAnimeList.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 15, 2009 1:38 PM

Aug 2007
arg this just shows how people are screwed up. -_-
and I think these are also the same, if not some more, that fight for everything that is against equal rights for everyone.
I actually had a six hour discussions with one of my friends about the christian way of thinking about gays, this would lead to another. Man, this can piss me off so easily -_-
Oct 18, 2009 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
oh give me a break!
im gonna join...... just what is this about? =]
Aug 13, 2010 1:54 PM
Jul 2008
Greetings everyone,

Bored with my day off I decided to do a little trolling and see what I find.
I haven't been in the MAL forums in more than a year. But anyhow...

I totally agree with what that article states about women and feminism.
But, don't be too quick to point a crooked finger at women, men are just self-fulfilling as women. Being selfish is a big part of our design, it drives us to survive and succed in live. If we weren't selfish, we would have no ambitions, we would have no desire to fulfill oursleves.

Currently, I am writting a book about beliefs and how those beliefs affect our decisions.

In that book, a few sections are on the psychological needs of mankind.

Here is an excerpt:

The Psychological Needs

At the core our existence and at the center of our lives are the needs of the inherent design. Because of its design, an automobile needs fuel and other fluids to maintain its performance and sustain its ability to function, so does mankind and all other living things in existence.

The Physical Needs are the needs of the physical body. These needs are required for us to continue living and sustain a relatively normal life span. These are our most basic human needs.

While of them like oxygen, nitrogen, water, food, sleep, warmth, and the correct of minerals are essential for us to even live a single moment of life; others like sexual and initiate contact, physical comfort, proper nutrition, and exercise are essential for us to be strong, fit, independent enough that we, as individuals, can seek to fulfill our higher needs.

The Six Psychological Needs, from which all other derive, can be thought of as a ‘higher set’ of needs than those of the physical level. It is not that they are more important. Rather, they are considered to be ‘higher needs’, due to the fact that if the basic needs are not met, meeting these ‘higher needs’ will not happen at all.

Even though we begin to need Psychological Needs at a very age most people are not ever aware that they are actually attempting to fulfill these ‘higher needs’ instead they are consumed by their methods of getting from ‘A’ to ‘B’. In short most people are not even aware what they are truly trying to fulfill, due to their lack of education. But worry not, its not their fault we don’t teach this in high school.

Significance & Connection

Do you know why women have to be excited about the guy they are with before they will spread their legs? Because every woman has the need to believe that she is apart of something special. That ‘special relationship’. They have the need to be with a man who is going to value them. And, why not? Women have the right to be with someone who is going to value them and take care of them.

It’s a need of the ego. Men have this need, too. We all do. Men need their women to make them feel valued and desired. But, for men it’s different. We don’t need to have that feeling that we are apart of something special, such as love, in order to have sex with a person. Men are designed differently. Men, on the other hand, need to feel that their mate looks up to them. That is why men try their hardest to empress their lady friends. Again its’ all about the ego. Men and women, both need to feel significant. We all want to feel valued and desired.

It’s not necessarily that we as individuals need to feel that we are above others—well some of us do but—all of us do need to feel that we have ‘value’. Together the need for connection and the need for significance (the ego) are two of the major forces in human society. It is human nature to feel a sense of connection of other people. It is human nature to feel a sense of significance or value around other people. These needs go all of the way back to our ancestral roots. Even dogs and monkey have the need for connection and significance. These needs are the purpose and meaning of their ‘pecking orders’.

No individual or corporation, agency, organization, or other unspoken institution has the rights to modify, repost, copy, or distribute the content from this reply to post anywhere as it is protected by pending copyrights.

United States Copyright Office -- Claim Ref: 1-455416241.
EtherealMercAug 13, 2010 2:19 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Characters/Manga you think should be added

granuli - Jan 31, 2016

15 by toldurm »»
Jun 27, 2020 2:07 PM

» why do you like tomboy characters?

Y-elf - Aug 4, 2008

46 by santk »»
Oct 12, 2017 8:16 PM

» what do you hate about other anime girls?

Y-elf - Sep 5, 2008

49 by Energetic-Nova »»
Nov 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Poll: » The kick-ass girly girl.

SonnyGoten - Feb 2, 2011

5 by Energetic-Nova »»
Nov 29, 2016 5:25 AM

Poll: » Who is the most manly, unfeminine, and tomboyish female character in anime?

EtherealMerc - Jun 19, 2009

38 by KelsiFinn »»
May 21, 2016 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.