Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 2:24 AM

Oct 2013
I am so much excited and totally hype for thisXD
I was honestly surprised when I read the news over at ANN.
High school huh... love is in the airXD
Aug 2, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2010
They used the movie version of Butterfly. Damn, welcome back, my childhood.
Aug 2, 2014 2:32 AM

Sep 2011
Wow.
I'm pretty curious about this. I will definitely watch it :D
Aug 2, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2013
Amazing news for an amazing day, happy 15th anniversary Digimon! This is super exciting, I love Digimon! A sequel to season 1 is going to be amazing! Pokemon and Digimon were my childhood, I was and still is a huge Digimon fan and I have been since I was 5! This is going to be amazing! Thank you Digimon! I'm loving that a lot of old shows are having remakes! I'm so excited for this! Thank god Digimon will be back. Amazing news! Nostalgia overload! Can't wait to watch this next Spring! DIGIMON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 2, 2014 3:06 AM
May 2012
Friend ;_;
I will watch all of you from the very beginning and properly someday~
Aug 2, 2014 3:14 AM

Jul 2013
nostalgia
Aug 2, 2014 3:19 AM
Jul 2011
I'll never feel too old for this ;AAAAAA;
Best news for the day indeed!
Aug 2, 2014 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
REQUEST: KOUJI WADA again for OP songs please... :D

Aug 2, 2014 4:22 AM

Aug 2011
Hellz yeahz.

Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Aug 2, 2014 4:35 AM
Jul 2014
Awesome Cant wait For WarGreymon :DDD or Omegamon
Aug 2, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2009
Great news
Hope they don't disappoint.
-☾✩
Aug 2, 2014 6:14 AM
Sep 2007
I kinda have feeling this series will revolve mostly around Taichi, and other main characters from first series will be supporting characters.

Btw, it's really hard to believe Taichi and Charlotte from One Piece have same voice actress, especially considering how different they are - Toshiko Fujita.

As for ending of 02, it was a long time since I saw it, but it didn't seem to me that it cancels posibility of some retcon.
Aug 2, 2014 6:21 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:
Whoa there man hold your horses O.o

02 was cool. Wasn't as good as the original, but still pretty cool.

02 was the most awful thing ever created. I am convinced Kishimoto was inspired by it for Naruto Part II nonsense.

It would take a thousand pages for me to describe what was wrong with 02 (apart from EVERYTHING) - awful new characters, horribly shoehorned plot, terrible final arc, terrible villains and how they are solved, way lighter tone(01 had certain feeling of survival-genre tone, 02 invented talk no jutsu). It had somewhat decent start with some high-point moments(with the whole dark ocean thing being promising), but then it fell apart into a generic merchandise cash-in.

01 and Tamers still remain the best seasons. 02 is worse than frontier. Its the even number curse:
01 was freaking brilliant.
02 was bullshit that should be erased
Tamers was freaking brilliant and possibly the best
Frontier was....eh
Savers was good
Xros was...eh.
Fai what are you doing. My childhood. Fai STAHP ;_;

There weren't any terrible villains from what I remember, also Black War Greymon was cool as fuck. I don't hate the new cast though I just don't like that we don't get to see the original cast more. The ending was retarded but the whole show isn't as bad as you're making it sound.

Oh and FINALLY someone else who thinks Tamers was great. It is so underrated here on MAL it makes me sad :(
Aug 2, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
Willy21 said:

it's already comfirmed isn't it? i mean in adventure 2 final episode they married and have child.

I don't think it actually explicitly said they were married to each other, just that they were married and had kids.

oh yeah that's it. i forgot :p

though i don't really see why they should be paired up, are people expecting pairings that will juts break up in the future?

OT: it scream alternate universe. i mean seriously how the hell they can continue from adventure 02 where all people got digimon of their own
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Aug 2, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, they're bringing it back after 15 years,

AWESOME!!!
Can't wait to see this, which is going to be a long wait since it is airing in spring 2015. Still, I'm hyped!
Aug 2, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
Wohoooo I can t wait !!!
Glad it is still in teenage years .
Aug 2, 2014 8:19 AM
Apr 2014
Yay that's awesome! :]
Aug 2, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
Willy21 said:
OT: it scream alternate universe. i mean seriously how the hell they can continue from adventure 02 where all people got digimon of their own

The end of 02 doesn't specifically state that all people got their Digimon right away, it might have taken some years. The fourth movie also takes place after 02 and you don't see anyone with Digimon aside from the Chosen Children. The movie isn't canon but that's one way to explain it.
Or Taichi gets sucked into some kind of alternate universe. Like the dark ocean.
Aug 2, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2008
I'm sorry to say that but i think i graduated from digimon, pokemon, and probably yu gi oh too .
Aug 2, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2012
Wasn't there already a sequel to Digimon Adventure? It was called Digimon Adventure 02...

I'd still have to wait on a dub though if this turns out good. That's the only version i'm familiar with! (For better or worse)

Botato said:
Fai said:

02 was the most awful thing ever created. I am convinced Kishimoto was inspired by it for Naruto Part II nonsense.

It would take a thousand pages for me to describe what was wrong with 02 (apart from EVERYTHING) - awful new characters, horribly shoehorned plot, terrible final arc, terrible villains and how they are solved, way lighter tone(01 had certain feeling of survival-genre tone, 02 invented talk no jutsu). It had somewhat decent start with some high-point moments(with the whole dark ocean thing being promising), but then it fell apart into a generic merchandise cash-in.

01 and Tamers still remain the best seasons. 02 is worse than frontier. Its the even number curse:
01 was freaking brilliant.
02 was bullshit that should be erased
Tamers was freaking brilliant and possibly the best
Frontier was....eh
Savers was good
Xros was...eh.

There weren't any terrible villains from what I remember, also Black War Greymon was cool as fuck. I don't hate the new cast though I just don't like that we don't get to see the original cast more. The ending was retarded but the whole show isn't as bad as you're making it sound.
I always thought the first half of 02 with the Digimon Emperor was brilliant but the second half suuuuuuuuuuuu...... I can barely even remember what happened there. In any case, KARI x T.K 4 LIFE!

Now, Tamers... That's the real deal!
Aug 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2007
SteampunkDalek said:
Wasn't there already a sequel to Digimon Adventure? It was called Digimon Adventure 02...

I'd still have to wait on a dub though if this turns out good. That's the only version i'm familiar with! (For better or worse)

Botato said:

I always thought the first half of 02 with the Digimon Emperor was brilliant but the second half suuuuuuuuuuuu...... I can barely even remember what happened there. In any case, KARI x T.K 4 LIFE!

I SOMEWHAT liked Emperor plotline. Not how it ended. Everything after was bullshit though.
Aug 2, 2014 11:35 AM
Sep 2007
Imperialdramon was cool.
Aug 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Fai said:
SteampunkDalek said:

I SOMEWHAT liked Emperor plotline. Not how it ended. Everything after was bullshit though.[/quote]

For people who disagree, check out the video review of 02 by "What the Egad". He does a good job outlining the major flaws in Adventure 02.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
TyrelAug 3, 2014 12:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2014 1:37 PM
Feb 2012
Extremely stupid idea. Let a classic such as Digimon Adventures sleep and rather create another season full of weird-looking, new 'mons.
I doubt I'll be positively surprised by this new series but I'll give that 1% a chance to prove me wrong.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
GodlyKyon said:
They better FUCKING NOT use CGI

What I meant was use them all CGI! But they shouldn't use them in those Transformations either! Bah, they look awful.

Nowadays with mechas all looking like plastic toys, I was hoping they wouldn't do that to Digimons either.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 2, 2014 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
Ended in 2000, returning in 2015. The span of time is great, but I actually have a friend of mine who has waited all this time, with his hopes drowning but him not giving up. I'm gonna film him as he will most likely cry after I tell him that a sequel was announced. This is just beautiful.
Aug 2, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
taht remainds me of my kid time watching it :D
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Aug 2, 2014 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
Subpyro said:
Ended in 2000, returning in 2015. The span of time is great, but I actually have a friend of mine who has waited all this time, with his hopes drowning but him not giving up. I'm gonna film him as he will most likely cry after I tell him that a sequel was announced. This is just beautiful.

Must post it on YouTube. We'll be watching.
Aug 2, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
Just seeing the video I was crying omg so many feels. I rewatched it 2 years ago so it's not so nostalgic to me haha
Aug 2, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:
ReaperCreeper said:

What I meant was use them all CGI! But they shouldn't use them in those Transformations either! Bah, they look awful.

Nowadays with mechas all looking like plastic toys, I was hoping they wouldn't do that to Digimons either.

Aug 2, 2014 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
This is wonderful in a sense that we've grown along with the characters haha
Aug 2, 2014 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
GodlyKyon said:

What in the world is that obamanation?? O_O
Aug 3, 2014 1:40 AM
May 2010
So glad this is happening. With Pokemon fanning its flames with the introduction of Origins Red and Mega Evolution, this couldn't have come at a better time. I can't believe this is really happening. After Digimon Tamers, the franchise's dwindle in quality never really seemed to pick up, even with Digimon Savers.

Now it's finally time to return to the 'other mon' that had the better story. Welcome back, Digital Monsters. It's good to have you back.
Aug 3, 2014 2:11 AM

Feb 2012
This is amazing. This brings back so many childhood memories I can't wait. I'm going to have to re watch the season right before this comes out.
Aug 3, 2014 2:16 AM
Nov 2008
'digimon isn't doing well, we need the nostalgia audience.'
Aug 3, 2014 3:01 AM
May 2010
Heredity said:

Hate to admit it, but I agree with this... slightly.

The new season, while quite blatantly cashing in on the nostalgia audience, is obviously going to trash Pokemon in terms of its storytelling level. I mean, c'mon, it's Pokemon. It's like trying to compete with a six year old who can tell the better story.
Aug 3, 2014 3:06 AM

Sep 2011
OMG! Wow! All my childhood anime is back & the original digimon adventure is my fav season, can't wait! I hope they erase the bad season 2 ending, just make it never happen.
Aug 3, 2014 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
Dream come true, the first season was so good it makes me cry just rewatching it.
Aug 3, 2014 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
I'm rewatching the series right now and just as I remembered, when Myotismon arc starts is a really great series.
I hope they retcon a bunch of shit from 02 though, because after the Kaiser arc ended that thing was a mess.

Tamers and Adventure 01 are my favorites, Frontier was "meh" and haven't checked Savers and the rest yet.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Aug 3, 2014 7:47 AM

Sep 2011
MasonCage said:
Heredity said:

Hate to admit it, but I agree with this... slightly.

The new season, while quite blatantly cashing in on the nostalgia audience, is obviously going to trash Pokemon in terms of its storytelling level. I mean, c'mon, it's Pokemon. It's like trying to compete with a six year old who can tell the better story.

Digimon actually had some of the better stories I have seen in Anime. Well, Tamers and Adventure specifically.

Yeah, the Digimon isn't doing well thing is true... I don't remember something that stood since Tamers. Tamers was AMAZING.
Aug 3, 2014 8:11 AM
Apr 2013
honestly I would prefer a whole new season with whole new characters since I felt that TOEI doesn't have ability to make a good sequel, we've already had examples: digimon adventure 02, dragon ball GT, digimon xros wars hunter

and I wonder what music will they use and who will be the composer for replacing the late Arisawa Takanori's masterpieces
Aug 3, 2014 8:15 AM
Apr 2013
I
Rachmaninow said:
Extremely stupid idea. Let a classic such as Digimon Adventures sleep and rather create another season full of weird-looking, new 'mons.
I doubt I'll be positively surprised by this new series but I'll give that 1% a chance to prove me wrong.

I agree with you, let it sleep and become a memorial for every digimon fans who watched it when was a kid. But anyway, with this maybe digimon can become popular again like before, just bcos the nostalgia flood, I guess...
Aug 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
bekeru said:
I'm rewatching the series right now and just as I remembered, when Myotismon arc starts is a really great series.
I hope they retcon a bunch of shit from 02 though, because after the Kaiser arc ended that thing was a mess.

Tamers and Adventure 01 are my favorites, Frontier was "meh" and haven't checked Savers and the rest yet.

Savers is like a bit toned down Tamers fused with X-Evolution movie concepts, with an older cast, and some very nice throwbacks to Adventure(like the main mons being yet again a dinosaur, a wolf, a plant, etc). Also the only good Digimon OP since Tamers
Aug 3, 2014 9:16 AM
May 2010
DATS24 said:
But anyway, with this maybe digimon can become popular again like before, just bcos the nostalgia flood, I guess...

Not just popular, but quality again. Seriously, Adventure's pretty much one of the three times the Digimon franchise did anything right with its anime (aside from Tamers and X-Evo), so a throwback to the Adventure series, not to mention a continuation of the original gang's high school life might actually serve up some pretty interesting stories.

I also noticed a subtly darker tone at the beginning of the promo video, when the narration was talking about the lessons learned, so the new season might also be heading towards a more mature tone with these grown-up characters... which is pretty much what I've always pictured an ideal Digimon Adventure sequel is supposed to be.

It's just too bad Tamers didn't get a continuation... OR WILL IT? Den den den... If Tamers get a sequel, it would definitely one-up the Adventure sequel in every way.
Aug 3, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2007
MasonCage said:
DATS24 said:
But anyway, with this maybe digimon can become popular again like before, just bcos the nostalgia flood, I guess...

Not just popular, but quality again. Seriously, Adventure's pretty much one of the three times the Digimon franchise did anything right with its anime (aside from Tamers and X-Evo), so a throwback to the Adventure series, not to mention a continuation of the original gang's high school life might actually serve up some pretty interesting stories.

I also noticed a subtly darker tone at the beginning of the promo video, when the narration was talking about the lessons learned, so the new season might also be heading towards a more mature tone with these grown-up characters... which is pretty much what I've always pictured an ideal Digimon Adventure sequel is supposed to be.

It's just too bad Tamers didn't get a continuation... OR WILL IT? Den den den... If Tamers get a sequel, it would definitely one-up the Adventure sequel in every way.

I kind of like Tamers ending too much to hope for continuation. ITs suitably dark and depressing subversion of usual Digimon endings.
Aug 3, 2014 9:47 AM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
MasonCage said:

I kind of like Tamers ending too much to hope for continuation. ITs suitably dark and depressing subversion of usual Digimon endings.

Tamers actually had an epilogue, it was on the CD Drama as the continuation called Message in the Packet, written by Konaka himself so it was the true canon. It takes place 1 year after the D-Reaper incident.

For me Tamers don't need any sequel, bcos it had ended perfectly after I listened to all the CD drama involving Digimon Tamers. It was a masterpiece indeed.

Anw don't be misunderstood of that Tamers 2nd movie, it's not the true epilogue coz it wasn't written by Konaka
Aug 3, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
Being done by Toei sounds like a red flag to me... it might be another Crystal.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Aug 3, 2014 9:48 AM
May 2010
Fai said:

True that. Better to miss out on more stories than ruin a perfect ending, something which can't exactly be said for that mediocre Adventure 02.
Aug 3, 2014 9:49 AM
Apr 2013
Oh anw spoiler for this new series: Leomon dies
LOL
Aug 3, 2014 9:52 AM
May 2010
DATS24 said:
Oh anw spoiler for this new series: Leomon dies
LOL

LOL

Of course. It's obligatory. So...

Place your bets! Place your bets! Which episode will Leomon kick the bucket?

I'm sure with Leomon dying so quickly in Xros Wars, they'll try and spice things up, maybe even in Tamers style by attaching a Leomon to one of the main characters.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.