Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 20, 2014 10:42 AM

Jul 2013
i am still unable to understand one thing.
is it sequel to digimon adventure or digimon adventure 02?
Aug 20, 2014 7:17 PM

Aug 2011
Ahmad317 said:

It would be a sequel to both I guess, but by watching the announcement I'd say it will focus on characters from the first season.

» Escapism.

Aug 21, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
Kenchiin said:
Ahmad317 said:

It would be a sequel to both I guess, but by watching the announcement I'd say it will focus on characters from the first season.

thanks.
i hope it is sequel to first series.
Aug 23, 2014 9:16 PM

Mar 2014
Stop messing with my childhood dammit!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Nov 2012
DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS!

Loved the whole idea, and wish it thrived like Pokemon did. I hope this can give it a new spark of life.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Aug 24, 2014 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
my childhood memories back :')

"Here's our chance! Let's go!"
Aug 24, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2014
Isn't the cast dead?
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 24, 2014 1:42 AM

Nov 2008
TobiOrNotTobi said:
Isn't the cast dead?

Everyone of the main cast is still alive. Takeru's seiyuu didn't voice him in the Digimon Adventure PSP game because she didn't want to though. As far as I know, Devimon's seiyuu passed away but I'm not sure about other supporting cast.
Aug 24, 2014 3:19 AM
Jun 2014
Oh my god...they included the whistle at the end of the video. That made my day. Excuse me now while I go rewatch the dubbed movie mash-up and cry over nostalgia.

Thanks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 9:27 AM
Apr 2013
TobiOrNotTobi said:
Isn't the cast dead?

well, most of the cast are still on there. Only, Takeru 01's voice actor had been retired since the series ended, and as Tacas said, Shiozawa Kaneto, Devimon's voice actor had passed away since 14 years ago.

And just to tell you, the series composer also had passed away since quite long time ago, the masterpiece Arisawa Takanori...
Aug 24, 2014 5:30 PM

Apr 2013
I'm both excited and anxious about this. Toei better not screw this up like they're doing (at least production wise) with Sailor Moon Crystal.
Aug 24, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2014
I'm really excited yet quite worried. For one, how much of the original seiyuu cast still wish to voice in this sequel. Two, how do they plan on making another sequel when Digimon 02 was technically "the sequel"? Does that mean we'll also see 02 characters, like Ken and Daisuke?

Third, will they screw the season up like Hunter Tachi which made many fans regurgitate?
Aug 27, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
DATS24 said:
And just to tell you, the series composer also had passed away since quite long time ago, the masterpiece Arisawa Takanori...

And what a lost man =/ I'm a big fan of him, fell in love with his music.
Aug 27, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2012
I wouldn't mind Yamashita Kousuke(the guy who did the Xros Wars OST) to replace him tbh.
Aug 27, 2014 12:21 PM
May 2013
Chanaynay said:

I feel like 02 dropped the ball in that department with some characters - Taichi became too serious and not very energetic, Mimi became surprisingly sweet and lost her blunt nature I enjoyed so much in the first season, Joe lost his signature anxiousness/nervousness, somehow Takeru wanted to purge all evil after losing Angemon even though it was never picked up in the first season, etc.
lol am i the only one who likes how the older cast matured in 02?

Taichi wasn't supposed to be energetic&impulsive because he had grown out that phase,now he's more level headed it would've been unrealistic for taichi to act like his younger self and same goes for joe.. he's not a socially awkward introvert anymore.

Only character change i don't like is how mimi behaves so immaturely and bratty as if she reverted back after adventure's ending.
DATS24 said:

And just to tell you, the series composer also had passed away since quite long time ago, the masterpiece Arisawa Takanori.
SHIIIIT.... at least we have wada-kouji!
Aug 27, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
YumeKagami said:
It's sad that some of the cast won't be able to make a come-back but atleast most of them will.

Actually, I don't think anyone will be missing at all. Aside from Takeru, every character was voiced by their respective Adventure seiyuu in the PSP game. Considering how this takes place after 02, Takeru will obviously be voiced by the guy who voiced him in the second season. I don't know how he is doing but at least it's more likely than getting his Adventure seiyuu.
The only thing I'd be worried about would be the 02 characters. While Daisuke's and Ken's seiyuu were voicing the two of them, I think they'll also be in this season, provided that they appear at all. However, V-Mon and Wormmon (or Stingmon rather) didn't say anything. Granted, there wasn't much they could have said but considering that they hired Ken's seiyuu who literally read two sentences, I think there is a high probability that we won't see all of the 02 cast with their original seiyuu.
Aug 27, 2014 3:59 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
CLBGM said:
DATS24 said:

And what a lost man =/ I'm a big fan of him, fell in love with his music.

Unfortunately for the music, I totally liked his work in Digimon and Sailor Moon.
Aug 28, 2014 3:47 AM
Apr 2013
mootjuh said:
I wouldn't mind Yamashita Kousuke(the guy who did the Xros Wars OST) to replace him tbh.

Yamashita Kousuke did very well for Xros Wars music, and that's one of good aspect of Xros Wars. Unfortunately, almost no one can fit and replace the music for Adventure series. Takanori's music feel so special for Adventure - Frontier.
Aug 28, 2014 3:52 AM
Apr 2013
Vishnu_Karthik said:
SHIIIIT.... at least we have wada-kouji!

yeah, but, still, it feels something missing
Aug 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Vishnu_Karthik said:
Taichi wasn't supposed to be energetic&impulsive because he had grown out that phase,now he's more level headed it would've been unrealistic for taichi to act like his younger self and same goes for joe.. he's not a socially awkward introvert anymore.

But there's no progression - I guess the time skip could account for this but generally energetic and happy kids can still retain their energetic and happy persona while gaining level-headedness through maturity. I know I did. For Taichi they basically killed the bouncy, excitable energy that made his character distinguishable. He became a completely different person imo, calm and levelheaded more like Yamato (at least the Yamato who wasn't helicopter parenting Takeru). Plenty of adventurous and excitable adults (and even more teenagers) exist in the world, and saying losing that type of spirit is a part of growing up seems very jaded to me.

Joe seems still pretty introverted to me, just a lot more calm. His change is a little more believable but there's a really heavy contrast between his old self and his 02 self. But I guess you could say at the end he championed his anxiety after defeating Apocalymon.

Only character change i don't like is how mimi behaves so immaturely and bratty as if she reverted back after adventure's ending.

I don't really see how she behaves immaturely in 02; honestly she seemed more like Sora to me in 02 - gentle and sweet. I liked Mimi in the first season because she was more assertive and direct. Maybe she learned how to curb it more to avoid hurting people's feelings but she really didn't seem assertive at all in 02 except for that one time she punched Sukamon and Chuumon although that just seemed bitchy to me haha.
Aug 29, 2014 10:59 AM
May 2013
Chanaynay said:
But there's no progression - I guess the time skip could account for this but generally energetic and happy kids can still retain their energetic and happy persona while gaining level-headedness through maturity.
I thought taichi was still pretty cheerful he just was more laid-back than he was before hell i'm not the person i was when i was 13 either and i like his character more because of that realistic development.
For Taichi they basically killed the bouncy, excitable energy that made his character distinguishable.
I'm mean c'mon that would've been lame... taichi is not like bart simpson he has to develop,age and grow up.
Joe seems still pretty introverted to me, just a lot more calm.
But he isn't socially awkward anymore and doesn't act like paranoid goofball.
I don't really see how she behaves immaturely in 02; honestly she seemed more like Sora to me in 02 - gentle and sweet
She was just soo annoying and so full of herself.. she was like mirroring her entitled self in the beginning the adventure. she was acting like she didn't care about anything.

hell she was going on picnics when digimon kaiser was wrecking havoc that was awful its almost like how she was busy being a princess when everyone else was in danger in adventure.
Aug 29, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
boner achieved...

time to bust out Digimon World for PS1
Aug 30, 2014 1:00 AM

Nov 2012
Totally watching this, this will happen, I'm looking forward.
Aug 30, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
Vishnu_Karthik said:
I thought taichi was still pretty cheerful he just was more laid-back than he was before hell i'm not the person i was when i was 13 either and i like his character more because of that realistic development.

he didn't really seem that way to me. although looking back more specifically i do recall some of his sillier moments. what made him seem more stiff to me was his interactions with daisuke - it was very formal for someone he plays soccer with. he also didn't really let loose with his old group as much, although i just remembered the camping trip which seemed more like him. i think his "realistic development" was more back in 01 when he decided to stall piemon, looking at the big picture of the situation.

I'm mean c'mon that would've been lame... taichi is not like bart simpson he has to develop,age and grow up.

what's lame or not is subjective, but i'm just going to direct you to Sokka from ATLA who grew up to become a respectable leader and strategist while still maintaining his fun and free-spirited personality.

But he isn't socially awkward anymore and doesn't act like paranoid goofball.

that's why i said it was more believable in my last post.

She was just soo annoying and so full of herself.. she was like mirroring her entitled self in the beginning the adventure. she was acting like she didn't care about anything.

hell she was going on picnics when digimon kaiser was wrecking havoc that was awful its almost like how she was busy being a princess when everyone else was in danger in adventure.

power of the situation. those kids were NOT ready to take on the digimon kaiser. yes, picnicking is a little cheery for what was going on but if you think about it they had no idea how to fix it either and it was best to roll with the punches rather than impulsively dive in and start an assault. choosing to not attack impulsively without gathering proper knowledge is a sign of maturity, at least that's what you said in the case of taichi. although insinuating she didn't care about anything because of this seems way off mark, since she later becomes a leader for all of the chosen children in new york city.

also in the beginning of adventure she was like...9. so retreating to a world where everything is comfortable in the middle of life or death situations is probably common among kids her age.
Sep 4, 2014 8:06 AM
May 2013
Chanaynay said:

he didn't really seem that way to me. although looking back more specifically i do recall some of his sillier moments. what made him seem more stiff to me was his interactions with daisuke - it was very formal for someone he plays soccer with. he also didn't really let loose with his old group as much
That's because he's grown up.. people in real life change after a certain age as kids we're more eccentric and open to others but when we grow up we mostly try not to be so open to everyone,again i know some people in real life do retain their playfulness but it just seems more normal and relatable to me.

Not to mention the "old group" was nothing more than a bunch of oddball kids being stuck together in an unknown world so in real life its natural that they lost contact with each other over time.
but i'm just going to direct you to Sokka from ATLA who grew up to become a respectable leader and strategist while still maintaining his fun and free-spirited personality.
Sokka was too whacky anyway.. young taichi was energetic&outgoing but was not OTT like tagiru&daisuke... and i feel like being more calmer and stoic is simply the natural progression of his character.

power of the situation. those kids were NOT ready to take on the digimon kaiser.
now that's a lame excuse kids in adventure also didn't have the any power to stop vamdemon either but they were not chillaxing in real world.
since she later becomes a leader for all of the chosen children in new york city.
by that mark the story became too absurd&inconsistent,chosen children all over the world?? that's just ridiculous and defeats the purpose of only 8 being the ones to save the world in original adventure.
so retreating to a world where everything is comfortable.
Not really not everything was comfortable kaiser was building dark towers ,the mere state of being callous is a sign of immaturity.
Sep 5, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
DATS24 said:
TobiOrNotTobi said:
Isn't the cast dead?

Noooo. =/
Sep 7, 2014 7:29 AM

May 2010
im really happy for this finally my all time favorite digimon series is having a sequel~!! they better do BEST XD <3
Sep 8, 2014 9:47 AM
Sep 2007
It's only my wish, but it would be great if Mamoru Hosoda directed this series.

Episode 21 of first Digimon series, as well as first two movies really had that great atmosphere that only Hosoda can make.
Sep 8, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
Wow. The original was the best one! I really hope that they won't mess this up since most of the times producers mess up Season 2(sequels) in animes/american series/movies. Even so, we are excited to see how this will go :D
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 8, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2007
TAIORA will be canon this time so help me.....

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.