Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2009 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet again, Kimagure Orange Road manages to make another memorable scene between Madoka and Kyosuke with the fireworks scene at the end of this episode. At this point I have to wonder what the point is of Hiraku.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 10, 2012 10:00 PM

May 2010
Why sacrifice for Hikaru? WHY MAN WHY? Madoka looked so lovely in that kimono

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 22, 2014 11:18 AM
Sep 2014
I really liked this episode. The plot flows more naturally and the ESP powers don't feel like they're tucked in. The fact that there are no continuity errors also helps. IMO, one of the best episodes of KOR so far.
Apr 5, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
I have to admit, I'm actually starting to like this show now.

Madoka gets more and more likeable as time goes on, but at the same time, you do have to feel bad for Hikaru, as she's not a bad person either.

Jan 2, 2017 10:58 PM

Jan 2013
Those powers sure can be useful.
Nice ending
Oct 28, 2017 8:57 AM
Nov 2015
The first half is so lame and stupid.
I didn't expect them to have the resources to make the 2nd part work after that. But it turned out to be one of the nicest minutes of the show so far.
The part when Madoka put the box inside her closet and it didn't fit. Turns out, that's her yukata inside. That's pretty subtle.

Just wish they made the lame and disgusting first half more concise.
Sep 3, 2018 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
Liking this show so much. Loveable atmosphere and Madoka is just so cute.
Mar 8, 2020 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
Very sweet ending again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2020 6:59 AM

May 2016
Finally, he did something manly.
Jun 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Feb 2017
The first half is so irritating, but damn that second part is really sweet. Hoping that the MC wouldn't do that kind of mess again, altho it's clear that he will at least until the last few episodes lol
Jan 16, 2022 7:14 AM

Jan 2018
Kyosuke you horndog! Who the fuck told you to accept the invitations of both girls?! I think the story would've made more sense if it was Hikaru who called him first and THEN Madoka called him which he obviously would never refuse. Instead this subtle flaw made Kyosuke out to be another hormonal teenager who happens to be an ESP. Speaking of which, I think the "power" was used amazingly in this episode. Wish we got more of this.

After the wreckage of the last few episodes this one was surprisingly refreshing and revitalized the series for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the shitty episodes too. But I don't think I'll be remembering them very fondly.

Seeing the next episode preview, is there anything that Madoka can't do?
May 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Jun 2009
Sure, the second half of the episode is nice and Kasuga actually did something right for a change, but that awful first half kinda ruins the impression. Seriously, why the hell did he agree to go with Hikaru? He knew that Madoka waits him in the library! Did he expect to do all of the pool activities in an hour and then ditch poor Hikaru? What has he expected?
And of course his teleportation, that "great usage of powers" that people seemed to like was really really bad for two reasons:
1) He just kept jumping around, trying to be with two girls at once. This was really dickish on his part, two-timing like that and of course he just disappointed both of them since he couldn't give proper attention to any of them,
2) Does anyone still remember the basic premise of the story? His family has to move town if anyone suspects existence of their powers! Teleporting like this, right before someone's face is not very stealthy. In fact it's very very noticeable! By using his power to cheat on both girls, he risks losing them forever (that would probably be for the best, honestly).

Also, why the hell is Kasuga still friends with those two?! Why are they even friends in the first place?! I haven't seen any real friendly interactions between them. They are just there to perv on his little sisters!
Honestly, the only characters I don't hate in this series are Ayukawa, Hikaru, Dad and Abcb Manager. Even Umao and Ushiko are starting to get on my nerves...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jan 13, 6:47 PM

Jul 2023
Priorities, Kasuga, priorities.
Mar 19, 12:41 PM
Sep 2016
What a crazy episode lol 😂
Mar 28, 8:58 PM

Jan 2021
It was okay I guess. I don't see why he rushed home to do the homework. Like is that really going to impress her? Yet it seemed to for some reason. I don't really get it. I think this episode lost me when he showed up in a wet shirt. Instead of saying he was sweating, which is gross and unrealistic, he should've just said the drinking fountain sprayed him and that's why he took awhile to come back. And I agree with what was said above, why is he teleporting right out in the open into the pool? I guess it was an accident but c'mon man, you're the one with the most to lose if you have to move again, try to keep it a secret. I like the show but the MC makes so many bad decisions it makes it really hard to root for him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.