Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion

Aug 2, 2014 1:22 PM

I don't even want to start with an expletive laced comment but....

Tokimune is the most delusionally arrogant and fucking stupidly idiotic MC I've ever seen! I think his sister isn't turning in her grave at how absolutely bad this shitty little excuse of a kid grew up to be.

You want entitlement? He has it, he thinks that the higher ups are hiding shit from him and he has a right to know. Listen kid, your sister was doing a lot of government classified shit, it comes with the territory, you DON'T have the right to know. You should be happy that respected the family enough to even tell you she was dead.

You want Arrogance? Voila! He thinks he's hot stuff and that he deserves all the bitches and that Jamie is in Lurve with him because Jamie is working so hard on HER COMPANY'S Product to ensure that it's a success. And then to air his "speculation" out to the team, embarrassing her in the process. Arrogant, Chauvinistic pig with a serious case of delusions of his own grandeur. Nuff said.

You want delusions of grandeur? Oh boy you got one helluva case here. He thinks that just because he's using the latest-state-of-the-art mech, that he's gonna shoot up the promotion ladder just as easily as snapping his fingers.

This is the WORST MC I've seen in a long, long time. I never thought anyone would be worse than Rygart, but seriously this guy takes the cake and eats that competition out of the water.

The only reason why I'm sticking around is to watch every other single cast member EXCEPT for this poor excuse for a human being. I hope to hell that the director cuts him and his over-inflated ego down to size over the course of this show, because you know those overly confident secondary characters that normally get their asses handed to them before learning to become a good guy?
Tokimune is pretty much that character, which is undeniably wrong because he's suppose to be the MC of this show.

Rest of the Cast: Realistic and interesting
Tokimune: Failure of an MC
HESTIAAPPROVES

Aug 2, 2014 1:42 PM

"Without him you wouldn't be here"
AH AH! Harsh words aren't they, I just hope this makes her less dense.

That awkwardness for that question, and those reactions, priceless.

People: ded.
I was actually surprised to see Samonji on the battlefield.

Aug 2, 2014 1:48 PM

Another slow episode. I think this might be it for me.

I don't follow the threads I post in. Message me if you want my attention.

Aug 2, 2014 3:58 PM
L-Ryoshi said:

Tokimune is the most delusionally arrogant and fucking stupidly idiotic MC I've ever seen! I think his sister isn't turning in her grave at how absolutely bad this shitty little excuse of a kid grew up to be.

You want entitlement? He has it, he thinks that the higher ups are hiding shit from him and he has a right to know. Listen kid, your sister was doing a lot of government classified shit, it comes with the territory, you DON'T have the right to know. You should be happy that respected the family enough to even tell you she was dead.

You want Arrogance? Voila! He thinks he's hot stuff and that he deserves all the bitches and that Jamie is in Lurve with him because Jamie is working so hard on HER COMPANY'S Product to ensure that it's a success. And then to air his "speculation" out to the team, embarrassing her in the process. Arrogant, Chauvinistic pig with a serious case of delusions of his own grandeur. Nuff said.

You want delusions of grandeur? Oh boy you got one helluva case here. He thinks that just because he's using the latest-state-of-the-art mech, that he's gonna shoot up the promotion ladder just as easily as snapping his fingers.

This is the WORST MC I've seen in a long, long time. I never thought anyone would be worse than Rygart, but seriously this guy takes the cake and eats that competition out of the water.

The only reason why I'm sticking around is to watch every other single cast member EXCEPT for this poor excuse for a human being. I hope to hell that the director cuts him and his over-inflated ego down to size over the course of this show, because you know those overly confident secondary characters that normally get their asses handed to them before learning to become a good guy?
Tokimune is pretty much that character, which is undeniably wrong because he's suppose to be the MC of this show.

Funnily enough, I agree with u

Just not to such a great extent. All your points are valid. But, somehow, I don't feel too annoyed with Tokimune... weird... I hope he does improve as a character tho, cos the series has a lot of really good stuff. Even animation seemed to have improved in this episode.
You can see my lack of a profile picture as a smartass way of calling myself kuuhaku (from NGNL) or just me being too lazy to find a profile pic. You decide.

Aug 2, 2014 4:13 PM

Duri1n said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Just not to such a great extent. All your points are valid. But, somehow, I don't feel too annoyed with Tokimune... weird... I hope he does improve as a character tho, cos the series has a lot of really good stuff. Even animation seemed to have improved in this episode.
I feel like Tokimune is like this on purpose. He's made to be hated so that later on we like him after his development. I've seen this happen in
And it was great imo.

Aug 2, 2014 11:44 PM

L-Ryoshi said:

You just perfectly described my hatred for Tokimune.

I salute you.

Aug 3, 2014 12:33 AM
I liked the episode. Tokimune doesn't bother me that much tbh. Seems like the type of character to develop in to a badass after getting some sense knocked in to him a few times. Don't mind the slow progression either, feels like every character gets a bit of shine.

Aug 3, 2014 6:15 AM

AlexTheRiot said:
Oh man, these MC's sure are annoying what with all this characterization and development they're getting. Tokimune is worst MC this season, how dare he be written as an imperfect, hot-headed,realistic teenage soldier. He should be more like Inaho and solve everything with ease so that the story is made easier to enjoy week to week.

No the problem is that Tokimune has exactly the same flaws billions of other shounen protagonists have and that exactly makes him generic and bland.

Aug 3, 2014 7:30 AM

I can't sympathise with the hate. He doesn't irritate me that much. Especially since this type of character is frequent not only in manga, but also in classic literature - a young male with ideals too big for his own good. I don't particularly like this type of protagonist, but long since grew accustomed to it. At least there is no nakama power...
Tokimune strikes me as simply not very well adjusted. Like he knows the theory of human relationships, but doesn't do well in use the knowledge in practice (e.g. that completely ridiculous answer to other pilot, who jokes, that he starts to love Tokimune). Also there is hope that he will improve after being beaten a couple more times by his fellow soldiers.

Though I agree that his storyline seems out of place (which is strange, cause he is the MC, but still). Both him and Argevollen seem to belong to another anime.
Modified by deadoptimist, Aug 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 5, 2014 8:35 AM

For such good character design & music, this serial is lacking in surprise factor.
Make the whole story seems too flat.

If by eps. 10 the enemy would not come with a new suit at par as the OP Argevollen, this anime is going to be dropped.
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849

Aug 5, 2014 8:42 AM

The characterization in this series is kind of taking a turn for the worse with this episode, Everyone's dialogue to eachother in this episode felt so robotic and forced when they had the opportunity to really define the human moments in them.

I also again have to mention, I dont think this series really understands its only a 24 episode show and not a 50. Its ok to have slow starts but this is taking things so slow that it feels like this series is only going to end up being rushed as they try to fit the rest of the plot in the remaining episodes.

The episode itself was kind of a dud but it was all set up for what may possibly be a decent next episode, though i still wonder about that cause the action in the series has been pretty weak and inconsistent so far but maybe the plot will make some progress which it desperately needs to do
Modified by JizzyHitler, Aug 5, 2014 8:49 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 6, 2014 6:27 AM

Botato said:
Duri1n said:

I feel like Tokimune is like this on purpose. He's made to be hated so that later on we like him after his development. I've seen this happen in
And it was great imo.

Too bad there are people who dont have the patience for that shit. I mean it doesnt really matter since Im not paying for it, but I dropped the shit immediately. But if there are people like me in japan who actually buy episode by episode when it comes out, and theyd drop it just as fast as me, it would hurt their sales.

I also think that the girls is kind of annoying as well. She is obviously kind of really incompetent and it honestly doesnt make sense for her to be in her position. It feels like a character that was shoehorned in, not one that feels natural.

Aug 6, 2014 11:02 AM

HA. That confession! I nearly died of laughter.

The way everyone just simply stopped at that moment was a good touch, as well.

This series is slowly becoming a favourite for me. Very curious where they're planning to take this.

Aug 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Botato said:
Duri1n said:

And it was great imo.
the difference was that in noragami

the problem with tokimune is his actions are glroified, hes being told he can disobey orders and not only get away with it without repercussions but also gains hit from it in the way of an op mech. The problem isnt jsut with tokimune but rather the way this was handled devalued the entire army as a whole and made the entire show as a whole feel like a clunky mess.

The simply fact is that if your going to take the character development route where the Mc is arrogant or obnoxious at first is that they CANT under any circumstances overglorify their actions before the character development, argevelon is doing exactly that.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 10, 2014 3:45 PM

I feel that you are exaggerating a bit here. He was only told this by Samonji who, at this point in time, we don't know everything about him or his reasons for doing so. They might make it convincing later on, who knows.

Aug 30, 2014 11:28 AM

18:51 LOOOL full of win

22:03 huhh???

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Oct 2, 2014 2:41 AM

4/5

Episode preparation, boring? It may also be, but I is not sorry, plot is sketched in the tactics to be followed on the battlefield and narrative entertains us with the protagonists a bit immature, nothing to say.
Too bad for the drawings alone sufficient.
Comuque me for asking, but no one reflects on the verge of having to defend the new mecha from possible enemy intentions? Mah!
The next episode seems veeery interesting...

Oct 15, 2014 1:22 PM

wtf lol

dull as usual.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Nov 28, 2014 4:55 AM

"do u love me?"
LMAO the whole base went silent

Dec 6, 2014 12:16 PM

Tokimune in the OP song ... he ruins it .
Tokimune in my opinion is one of the worst mecha protagonist ever .

Dec 6, 2014 3:33 PM

Zarnaav said:
Tokimune in the OP song ... he ruins it .
Tokimune in my opinion is one of the worst mecha protagonist ever .

Don't judge too quickly, sure he is pretty annoying first, but he is develop into decent protagonist later on.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER

Feb 23, 2015 3:55 PM

beautiful <3

mazinger z asking for love....aaah A.I lol
youth....XD

Mar 1, 2015 12:45 AM

They deserved to hit by artillery by following such a stupid plan. They would have been better off just rushing across the open ground then launching a flare. The enemy would have been defending that spot for good while at that point so it would take a couple of minutes to get everyone mustered once they saw the good guys enter the open.

Apr 11, 2016 5:25 AM

Somebody bring a bouquet of flowers, this guy deserves an award. *pachi pachi*
That was one hell of a... nevermind. I love the reaction of the spectators and Jamie's response HAHAHA.
That aside they just keep pushing him onto the dirty work and he moves like a puppet, oh well that goes for the whole crew.
It's just one sabotage after another, if this wasn't an anime they'd have all long been in their graves.
Seems like there's trouble next episode finally.

Jan 8, 11:53 PM

Good episode.

Plans are made for a counterattack.

Jamie doesn't really trust Tokimune. And he totally misinterpreted the hint about her feelings. That scene was hilarious.

Next episode: Run, Forrest Jamie, Run!
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight. No Senpai, this is our fight. - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

Mar 16, 7:10 PM

Holy Hell, the MC is such a Moron!
Jamie is so damn cute though.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]