Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the drama ride continues. I think the misunderstanding from the previous episode got some air cleared. The mood is still awkward though.

The ending had a better mood going on between Touko and David. I wonder how long that will last throughout this series.

Stark700Jul 31, 2014 7:35 AM
Jul 31, 2014 8:34 AM
Jan 2014
"You guys need a release too." - Lol, didn't expect that from Yanagi.

The pacing is still unbearable though. Way too much cheesy moments.
Still no proper character developement. Can't stand the friendship either.

Kakeru surely is one of a kind, his room is a tent and he doesn't have a cellphone.

The confession that Yanagi presented to Yukinari was decent, wonder what his response will be like.
Jul 31, 2014 8:37 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode, it was manly clearing up stuff that happened last episode. I wonder how Touko's and Kakeru's relationship will develop.
Jul 31, 2014 8:44 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Touko's flustered expressions are the cutest! :3

Liked how the once again used another of Frédéric Chopin's classical piece! Very much suited the atmosphere of Okikura and Touko's conversation.

Well, the misunderstanding is resolved easier than expected. I'm glad there won't be any stupid commotions between the characters anymore. (^^)

Okikura and Touko lying down at that beautiful place was a lovely scene! Just go out together already. -.-

Damn, I feel bad for Yanagi. She was so direct when confessing to Yuki and already assumed what his reply would be.
But I think she should at least wait for Yuki's answer before moving forward. Who knows, he might start to like her soon.

Good episode. Hiro's elder sister is another underrated character. Her "Friendship Punch" was hilarious!

Jul 31, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2013
Yanagi confessing already knowing that she would get rejected. Interesting to see how both of their relationship will go moving forward. Nice moments between Touko and Kakeru.
Jul 31, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2008
Yanagi confession kinda piss me off...
Not because she confessed, but in the way she did it
and how she acted after this...

Touko x Kakero ship is so strange.
He is strange, she is strange,
but they aren't simillar in that "strange" thing.

Only good point is Megane Girl and Hiro :)
Their ship is pretty cool :D
Jul 31, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2011
Another Thursday, another bland episode of Glasslip.
Still no development on Okikura's part. We still don't know why the heck did he move in that town, why does he know about seeing future and etc. Other main characters in this show are so boring. Sometimes I forget that some characters exist. The only time Glasslip had opportunity to actually introduce was to some plot was when Touko called Okikura out and they didn't even talk about it. Seriously? About that misunderstanding from last week: I thought that they aren't even going to mention that, but still, pretty bad dealing with it because Touko never seemed to even think about it and then she got mad at Okikura for talking about it. And when will we finally get an explanation about seeing future?
Also, what's the point of Hiro's and Sachi's characters? They do nothing and only take screen time. And Yanagi's attitude when confessing was pretty annoying. Sure, she knew that she will be rejected, but why act like a bitch?
OG-3Jul 31, 2014 9:07 AM
Jul 31, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good episode, lots of love in this one and one of calmest confessions ever.
Jul 31, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2010
I'm not sure how many more of Touko's "EEEEHH"'s I can take, they're so annoyingly frequent. That, and Yanagi's confession was irritating. At least give the person you're confessing to the option of formulating their own answer.
Jul 31, 2014 9:11 AM

Dec 2010
Madara31 said:
I'm not sure how many more of Touko's "EEEEHH"'s I can take, they're so annoyingly frequent. That, and Yanagi's confession was irritating. At least give the person you're confessing to the option of formulating their own answer.
Eh I think it was a realistic confession. She's scared about his answer so she's putting words in his mouth. I for one like Yanagi a lot more than Touko atm.

Lol @ the preview: "come to the school yard, we'll settle things there"
Jul 31, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
good episode...at least yanagi got to tell her feelings...even she knows she'll be rejected, at least she can move forward from that ahead with ease...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 31, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2011
Jul 31, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2011
Eeeeh? Score down to 7/10.
I wish Touko would just shut up altogether.
As a matter of fact maybe Yanagi needs to do the same too. Worst confession I saw in years actually. What was the point of it? She didnt even let him answer.
Jul 31, 2014 9:27 AM
Jan 2014
Decent episode.

Touko's Ehh?!s were annoying tough lol.

Glad the misunderstanding between Touko, Yanagi, and David was settled quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship wil go from now on. It's possible that Yanagi might actually start to like David later on since she's finally moving forward after her confession to Yuki.

Hiro and Sacchi's relationship is cute as fuck lol, I can't tell if Sacchi actually likes Hiro or not but I can def. say she favors him.
Jul 31, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2011
I feel like almost nothing happen... still expecting a heavier development.

Side note: Maybe somebody has pointed this down, but I noticed the opening has some animation/design inconsistency with Touko, she starts with short hair.... and then when she meets Sacchan she has longer hair afterwards. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
Pknoctis said:
Madara31 said:
Eh I think it was a realistic confession. She's scared about his answer so she's putting words in his mouth. I for one like Yanagi a lot more than Touko atm.
Realistic? Probably, given her situation. It's still irritating though, to me at least, giving up before even verifying if a change of heart is possible. I'll agree that Yanagi is a much better character than Touko though.
Jul 31, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
After wasting 4 episodes away trying to make matters all complicated, this was the first episode in which they tried to take the right path for this show.

Still irritates me that they would use up their budget wasting away 4 beautifully animated episodes, but I can't complain when they're trying to get back on track.

Still no point to the "future sight" thing, no development into Okikura's relationship to the others (do they hate him? know him? like him?), and no end to Touko's obliviousness. Either they're going to ignore the whole "future sight" thing, or actually do something about it. They've got a whole show that they messed up from the start to make right, so I guess we just have to give them time.
Jul 31, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2014
Me while watching:

Toouka, for the love of god, stop it with those canned overreactions. Yana's addressing to Okikura as a "statue" wasn't a joke. She lays it down on Yuki... yay?
What am I watching again? Ah, yes, absolutely nothing! My criticism 2-3 episodes ago still stands: these are paper cutouts I give no fucks about and as a plotless SoL, you have nothing else to offer!

1/5 - Tedious watch.
Jul 31, 2014 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
Fiji said:
I feel like almost nothing happen... still expecting a heavier development.

Side note: Maybe somebody has pointed this down, but I noticed the opening has some animation/design inconsistency with Touko, she starts with short hair.... and then when she meets Sacchan she has longer hair afterwards. >.<

I personally don't think it's a inconsistency. It looks like she is just younger or an early point in the school year for her.

Anyway, I didn't like this episode. Not much happened again and the interactions between the characters are still annoying. I think this series is too late to redeem itself.
Jul 31, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
that's unexpected that yanagi was chasing kakeru after being with yukinari, just to tell that she will confess to yukinari...

i wonder what's happening with sacchan and hiro? she said that they didn't go out but for hiro play to her house almost everyday is kind of :s

that confession, isn't great -_- i think yanagi didn't care about confessing because she already know the answer, and left yukinari speechless is kinda annoying -_-

but the center of this episode is touko and kakeru, firstly when touko call kakeru house and talking freely to his dad is kind of awkward but hahaha amusing

and then when she want to go home, but instead kakeru ask her to go to someplace, is really cute~ i wish they both go out already. there's no particular reason to take a girl to somewhere nice but giving kakeru char, it's almost impossible to do that :o
and touko who really shy after lying beside kakeru and then excuse herself to go, it's obvious that she likes kakeru :3 i wonder where the flow next episode~

can't wait!!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 31, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
another dull episode. this show probably won't make a recovery either and i still don't care about any of the characters.

i'm glad there was development with yukinari and yanagi but beyond that there wasn't much. also, what's the point of seeing the future if they won't address that aspect anymore?

also, touko's voice actress is awful. the "EHHHHHH??!!"s were extremely irritating. touko herself isn't the greatest character either
orchidorkJul 31, 2014 9:57 AM
Jul 31, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

The ToukoxKakeru part at the forest was cute. Touko is realizing she likes him more and more :3

Yanagi's confession was really sweet. She didn't leave any holes and covered everything she wanted to say :D I hope her feelings will be rewarded.

"You guys need a release too." - Lol XD
Jul 31, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
I hate Touko more and more every episode. They should have just made Yanagi the MC.
Jul 31, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
One of the better eps.
Jul 31, 2014 10:00 AM
Mar 2013
Pretty straight forward confession there.
Jul 31, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
Yanagi = Chisaki ( from Nagi no Asukara ). Grow some ninja love and swing both ways.
Jul 31, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
I really really want to punch Touko in the face. Her type of personality annoys me the most,just like a grown Manaka. SHe should learn from Yanagi.
I like Kakeru's type,the lonewolf with social problems.

Alassea said:
I hate Touko more and more every episode. They should have just made Yanagi the MC.

+1
Jul 31, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
Wild_Lynx said:
Yanagi = Chisaki ( from Nagi no Asukara ). Grow some ninja love and swing both ways.

I don't think so,Chisaki was an indecisive airhead,Yanagi knows what she wants and what to say. It's more like Manaka+Chisaki=Touko.
Jul 31, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Well,at the start of the episode I could recall only Okikuro's name,so it seems I really do not care much about characters.

But I like Yanagi as character more than Touko,shame she doesn't get more screentime.

I would not say this is a bad anime,but I have mixed feelings about it. And in the next episode there will probably be a fight.
removed-userJul 31, 2014 10:28 AM
Jul 31, 2014 10:28 AM
Jan 2013
Touko has to be the most annoying character of the year seriously she annoys me with her overreactions and why is she trying to ruin the mood with Sacchi and Hiro. i mean come on if you thought Hiro was over at Sacchi's then let them have their time and develop their relationship

Would prefer if Touko's dad just replaced her, he's actually the character i like the most tbh out of this anime
Jul 31, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
Glad the misunderstanding was cleared up.

A tent as his room : 0

Yanagi confessed YAY!!!!
Jul 31, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Wild_Lynx said:

I don't think so,Chisaki was an indecisive airhead,Yanagi knows what she wants and what to say. It's more like Manaka+Chisaki=Touko.

I sure wish I won't have to see the equivalent, Yanagi's sudden blush and hug toward Kakeru in later episode.
Jul 31, 2014 10:59 AM
Aug 2011
This is the best Sports&Outdoors anime of the season!
-track and field
-hiking
-off-camera dancing

This is sleeping pills the animation.

Madara31 said:
I'm not sure how many more of Touko's "EEEEHH"'s I can take, they're so annoyingly frequent.

She's become your standard block-headed otome game protagonist at this point "ahhh" "ehhhh".

Those stills, those chibi character circles lol.
I was going to drop this but then how will I be able to complain every week about it??
Jul 31, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
This is the problem with Glasslip. The character interactions are good, but we know so little about the characters, that all that interaction is rendered useless. Then there's the case of the two main characters being the ones getting the least focus and quite honestly, they could disappear from this anime and it would automatically become a way better series.
Jul 31, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
See, the thing is, some anime move slowly. Take Ao Haru Ride, for instance. It's not face-paced, it's tranquil, calm...the problem is that in Glasslip, nothing really changes. All the things that have happened so far could have been shown in about two or three episodes, in my opinion. And still, I haven't gotten much in terms of character development. I don't know much about anyone- Touko is "cutesy" and more controlled and serious when glassblowing, and that's about it for her; Yanagi is always concealing her feelings [ and is okay with incest? ]; Yukinari is a runner and for some reason looks completely different from the rest of the group; Hiro likes Sachi and has an older sister; and Sachi is the tragic glasses girl. Okikura is a tsundere who, even though I don't like him, might have the most development of all the characters because at least he has a multifaceted personality.

But other than that, there's nothing I know about them. I mean, there are some good things - the opening is pretty and perfectly matches the laid-back tone and setting of Glasslip, and the landscapes are nothing short of what's expected for P.A. Works- however, after Nagi no Asukara, this just seems like a terrible letdown. I hope the anime will start picking up the pace later on.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 31, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
I kinda ship Touko and Kakeru.

I love how Yanagi said "Don't talk, statue" in reference to David xD
Jul 31, 2014 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Family but must be not blood related. Yanagi just become more loveable, she had better character development than Touko. I shipped YukinarixTouko at 1st but I prefer YukinarixYanagi now.
Keep moving forward
Jul 31, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
No Jonathan No Life
Jul 31, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
Only reason why I'm watching this now is because I want to see the outcome of Sachi x Touko
Jul 31, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
I'm enjoying this show very much. It have that 'thing' which every show from PA Works have (yeah maybe Another will be an exception).
I can't wait till next week!
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 31, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
This has got to be one of the most akward shows I've ever seen. Yet for some reason I'm actually enjoying it.

Wasn't really expecting Yanagi to confess so soon. I wonder what will happen next and will she actually move on as she said.
Jul 31, 2014 11:57 AM
Jun 2014
-Kurisuta- said:
This has got to be one of the most akward shows I've ever seen. Yet for some reason I'm actually enjoying it.

Wasn't really expecting Yanagi to confess so soon. I wonder what will happen next and will she actually move on as she said.

I guess Yanagi had to confess so soon if Kakeru X Yanagi ( or Yanagu X someone else)is going to happen.

Reason is:

-> By confessing Yanagi has put an end to her love . ( I don't think she confessed because she thinks Yukinari will say yes. ) ; she finally closes Yukinari's chapter in her life. -> that means she can go forward in her life.
Jul 31, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
Well that was the best episode so far... although that's not saying much.

The animation is beautiful and the music is great but it's just boring and kind of a chore to watch sometimes. You know an anime is in trouble when the side characters, like Momo and Okikura's dad are infinitely better and more interesting than the MCs,

I'm going to keep watching this because I'm hoping for some sort of major plot twist a la Nagi no Asukara. This episode seems like an improvement so maybe this anime will get better soon.
Jul 31, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
still awkward that almost everytime 2 of the characters are meeting, a third one passes by

that town must be really small

ps. i don't like sacchi
Jul 31, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
I dunno, the way she confessed I don't think that she loves him the way she did before.
As for the rest, it was good.

But they aren't really doing a good job with the anime, was the number of episodes cut down to one cour or something?
Jul 31, 2014 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Yanagi gets to tell Yukinari her feelings even she knew she got rejected by him.
Jul 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Good ep 5. :3 It had some good moments

you just dont invite a girl at your house and have your dad cook for her and just leave it at that :3

Yana confessed but it seems like shes moving on.. I wonder if she like kakeru.. hmm

and TOKO dang HER! she seems so calm with kakeru then the next moment jumps away from him. They looked so good together.

I cant tell if she has feelings for Yuki because she didnt act awakward or hurt/ jealous when Kakeru told her yana is confessing to yuki.

well I hope we'll get to see the next ep.. I dont know though cuz of stupid japan laws.. >.<
Jul 31, 2014 12:51 PM

Jan 2014
Really hoping Kakeru kicks Yukinari's ass in the next episode, because based on the preview they're going to fight, or at least Yukinari wants to. I'm shipping Kakeru and Yanagi, and thankfully they're keeping their interaction. Still, while I don't hate Touko with the burning passion it seems everyone else has, I dislike her getting with Kakeru, who along with Yanagi, are the only characters in the series who have shown any bit of depth.
Jul 31, 2014 12:58 PM

May 2012
Pknoctis said:
Madara31 said:

Lol @ the preview: "come to the school yard, we'll settle things there"

Exactly, i thought that her character are pretty decent and how she acted upon it while confessing to Yuki is a great step for her. Althoough she may look like a poker face when confessing, i bet it must had been hard for her.

Touko seem to have a little sparks for Kakeru but it seems Kakeru just have that usual emotionless face.

Sacchan is sort of mysterious ATM, her relationship with Hiro is sort of vague.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 31, 2014 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the drama ride continues. I think the misunderstanding from the previous episode got some air cleared. The mood is still awkward though.

The ending had a better mood going on between Touko and David. I wonder how long that will last throughout this series.

"Doki Doki"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.