Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2009 6:14 PM

Jun 2008
Both of these miserable pieces of fuck just had to have the same engine..

I bought Bioshock and Oblivion 4 combo pack recently - Loved Bioshock, went wayyyy over my expectations, but...

Of course, Oblivion - great game (since I only can play it in 30 minute sessions before crashing, I can imagine it being great without that) yet you sun of a bitch just had to have the same engine as Fallout 3... Just why, WHY?

For Fallout 3's part, I had at least 500 crashes (I'm not kidding...at all) yet I still somehow managed to finish it along with some of the mini-expansions aswell, but in the end; I just got too fucking tired of having to sit every fucking WEEK, almost EVERY fucking day to fix that piece of shit with patches that proved out to either be corrupt, don't do shit, or simply not work at all...

The only things I didn't like about Fallout 3 was the crashes (no shit), every third person or kid you talk to has the same voice performer, and that there is a fucknugget load of glitches all over the game. - My final score on it = 3/10

- So, I had a tip from a member in my guild in Guild Wars.. to try out Oblivion as it apparently was such an amazing game which I don't doubt - but of course, there it is; the crashing! I should so have sticked to what I heard months sooner that it uses the same engine, yet I still dare to give in, and to give it a chance - viola, here I'm sitting displeased, and feeling I've been tricked off money.

lol, I really don't know why I'm bothering to even write this... yet, I still actually have the will to put one last resort of energy into trying to fix it, and perhaps have 2 good game experiences instead of having it end like this.

- So, is there something - at all, that I don't know about except using the common method for trying to fix which was with patches, of course, that didn't work - downloaded 2 different patches and neither of them functioned but instead stopped at about % 10 and displayed an error message which I will state in this post later if someone may have an solution that sounds plausible..

Now, give your advices - make them good, please =_=
Sverige är ärorikt, såsom jag :-]
Oct 14, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
Well they are made by the same developer of course they are gonna use the same engine, and it sounds like a problem with your computer not the game, I could be that your graphics card is shit, or you need to update it's drivers. Or your processor is also a hunk of junk and can't handle the game, so try running it on lowest settings see if that works.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 14, 2009 8:04 PM

Feb 2008
hm...maybe something is over heating?, or it could be your power supply?. I built a new pc about a month ago, and just about every game would crash after like 30mins or just sometimes random or not at all with some games. No error or anything, trying to figure out what the hell was up, tried checking if it was overheating which wasn't too high. Then i noticed i had a switch for the fan and i think power settings on my Power supply(low, auto, Max), flipped it to max from low and haven't had any problems since.
Oct 14, 2009 9:34 PM

Mar 2007
Jigero said:
Well they are made by the same developer of course they are gonna use the same engine, and it sounds like a problem with your computer not the game, I could be that your graphics card is shit, or you need to update it's drivers. Or your processor is also a hunk of junk and can't handle the game, so try running it on lowest settings see if that works.

Same dev doesn't necessarily mean same engine.

In the end, the engine Bethesda coded for Fallout 3 and Oblivion was just really shoddy. It had a lot of bugs, and adding any mods was basically asking for a suicide wish.

Oct 14, 2009 10:17 PM

Aug 2009
Fallout 3 was idiotic. They tried to bundle up too much shit in one game, which made the end product--> shit...I got bored after playing it for an hour. I mean traveling from location to location was a fucking pain....I've played mass RPGs before but this was too open-world...I'm comfortable with open worlds of ES and Mass Effect. At least you know where the hell you are going >_> I seriously threw my Fallout 3 game out of the window....I know this is nothing but a rant but damn, i hated that game...
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
- Lao-Tze.

Oct 14, 2009 10:44 PM

Apr 2009
Jigero said:
and it sounds like a problem with your computer not the game,.

this

i run Oblivion and F3 at max settings for hours on end with no problem,and my computer isnt even that good
Oct 15, 2009 1:12 AM

Nov 2008
Don't cry baby.

And, did someone own the new awesome hypermegasuper Need for Speed?

Fockya
Oct 15, 2009 2:26 AM

Jan 2008
You expected a Bethesda game to run without crashes? Oh dear...
Oct 15, 2009 3:36 AM

Aug 2008
Uh, played both all the way through and it never crashed.
Oct 15, 2009 4:40 AM

May 2009
Oct 15, 2009 4:56 AM

Jun 2008
My computer runs Oblivion and Fallout 3 fine on highest settings, but still it crashes every 30 minutes or even sooner sometimes..

Besides I ain't gonna be satisfied with having Oblivion running at lowest grapichs setting when that's one of the main things to enjoy in the game =_=

I'm running Vista........ (that oughta answer all questions because of its ungodly fuckness)
Oct 15, 2009 4:58 AM

Jun 2008
shinkeikaku said:

Holy shit, I'll buy your PC - How much???

What OS etc you running?
Oct 15, 2009 6:58 AM

Oct 2009
This is just a mere suggestion, but I found this to be the problem with my copy.

One of the main causes for Oblivion crashing (besides your computer's hardware) can be due to using a cracked exe (no CD crack, etc.). Try using the original disc in conjuction with your normal exe or use a program like daemon tools to create yourself an image file.

Another way fix a lot of bugs and crashes are to patch it using the official Oblivion patch (found at many sources, just do a quick google search) and then rewriting it with the "Unofficial Oblivion Patch". A description of the patch can be found here.

Hope that helps.
Oct 15, 2009 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
HannesOfangels said:
shinkeikaku said:

Holy shit, I'll buy your PC - How much???

What OS etc you running?

It's more than most want to pay. :3 It's a small form factor one, and a nice one, so it's expensive and you probably don't want the same exact one. But I love it to pieces and it was worth every penny. I'm running a Shuttle (P2 3700g maybe?) with XP (I bought it riiight before Vista came out deliberately). It's not right in front of me, but I remember it has one of the earliest quad core processors and a GeForce 7950 GT which runs everything very nicely and quietly. No issues so far, except Mass Effect stopped working one day. I need to try that one again. >.>
Oct 15, 2009 9:03 PM
Jun 2007
Seasonreaper said:
You expected a Bethesda game to run without crashes? Oh dear...
This. One of the things Bethesda is (in)famous for is the disturbing amount of bugs in their games. Sometimes I wonder if they even do bug testing...
Oct 15, 2009 10:05 PM

Mar 2007
The game's waaaay too big for them to completely cover all of the potential bugs on release. Not to mention that they're developing on three different platforms.

But yeah, PC version's buggy as hell. Adding mods makes it extremely unstable.

Oct 16, 2009 12:09 AM
Jun 2007
yamamoto114 said:
The game's waaaay too big for them to completely cover all of the potential bugs on release. Not to mention that they're developing on three different platforms.
Not really much of an excuse, to be honest. There are plenty of games with large, open world that are far less buggy. And besides that, Bethesda's bugs seem to get worse with each new game they make.
Oct 16, 2009 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
Someone should take up the issue in an discussion with them and tape it while they explain why : /
Oct 16, 2009 10:00 AM

Oct 2007
HannesOfangels said:
Oblivion - great game

I stopped reading at this point.
Violence doesn't solve anything.
More violence does.
Oct 16, 2009 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
Erzam said:
HannesOfangels said:
Oblivion - great game

I stopped reading at this point.

That's why I wrote (I can imagine) right after that lol

Glad to see I ain't alone thou :-P
HannesOfangelsOct 16, 2009 2:53 PM

More topics from this board

» Error 404 on Windows 9!

French-Japanese - 2 hours ago

1 by DreamWindow »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » if windows 12 become full adware will you switch to linux?

deg - Aug 23, 2023

48 by His0kaDevv »»
3 hours ago

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

837 by French-Japanese »»
3 hours ago

» Recommending Buckshot Roulette

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

22 by Luc36 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.