Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2009 4:57 PM

Feb 2008
The funny thing is when Akemiya first showed up in this episode I thought to myself, "He'd probably make a good trap."

Oct 19, 2009 5:00 PM
May 2009
Damn, I totally fell for the trap and still might be falling O_O. I kinda want to see a facnfic where Sumika does like Akemiya.
Oct 20, 2009 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
Jabaha said:
Damn, I totally fell for the trap

Me too...

Anyway...Kazama was annoying as ever,but Sumi-chan's demonstration of cuteness was nice ^_^

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 21, 2009 9:15 AM
Feb 2009
huh? is this anime suppose to be comedic?
in first ep i thought it is a realistic n depressing romance story, but in this ep, i actually laugh a bit... (which i think it is not really a bad thing cause it stop me from dropping this anime)
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 21, 2009 11:42 AM

Jul 2009
I loved the episode and I thinkg Sumi is hella cute :P
Oct 21, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2009
Quite a cute and funny episode. :)
Oct 22, 2009 6:31 AM

Oct 2007
traps? yuri? every fanboy and fangirls wet dream...
Oct 22, 2009 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
Lol! Interesting, very interesting this show is.
Oct 28, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2007
Even if this episode was decent, I will be sticking with it. I hope the plot will pick up someday. Sasameki Koto > Aoi Hana
Nov 2, 2009 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
I did not see that one coming o.O
Nov 22, 2009 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
ahaha i cracked when sumi imagined herself dressing cute. haha
Dec 17, 2009 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
haha~ found it quite a cute episode =D

Jan 13, 2010 10:06 PM

Dec 2007
Second episode lighten the mood a little bit, and that is great XD I love to se Sumika's funny expressions. Seriously, Sasameki Koto doesn't feel the same now if it's not comedy mixed with some drama.

I'm eager to see some Tomoe and Miyako in the next chapters.
Jan 2, 2011 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
That chase scene was just unrealistic and cringe-worthy, but the big reveal made up for it.
Aug 4, 2011 8:17 AM

Jun 2010
What a sweet episode!

I feel for Sumi- wanting to wear those cute dresses but just being too tall!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2012 5:16 AM

May 2008
Well that took a weird turn.
Feb 23, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2012
A lighter episode than the last. Akemiya is adorable. Passes for a girl not only because of his voice and demeanor, but with that dress it's perfect.

Gotta have feels for Sumika though. It's so hard to care for someone so much that you'd rather see them have a chance at happiness with someone else even though it kills you. Such a complicated love.
Jul 23, 2014 7:41 AM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
Nice episode

Akemiya cross dresses as a girl since he loves Murasame, and he did it to grab her attention. It was nice to see Akemiya call Murasame "Cute". I think she's cute as well, but others in her school don't.

Aug 14, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
"You're not my type though."

I can hear Sumi's heart shattering in into million pieces. Ouch XD As if that's not enough suffering, she lost to a boy in cuteness haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 8, 2015 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
holy SHITE

THERE'S A TRAP AND JOSOU INVOLVED
YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSS
∞x WAY BETTER NOW
Oct 14, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, I actually like this episode, never thought that guy was the model tho lol. Sumika trying to look cute was cute tho.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jan 23, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2012
I thought the second episode won't be as good as the first one, but I was completely wrong. This anime is amazing, and as the story goes by, I feel like somebody is describing my past relationships. Like what the flek? Anyways, let's see.

The episode starts with Ushino seeing a "kawaii" girl in a fashion magazine and she gets obsessed about her. It seems like she gets obsessed about every girl she finds cute and Sumi is always there to roll her eyes. Seeing how important the level of cuteness of a girl is for Ushino, she starts to doubt her own cuteness, and the boys at her school calling her scary don't really help. I personally like Sumi the way she is (maybe because I'm more like her), and I'd pick the cool but intelligent typeover the cute but no brained girl any day.

Meanwhile, as our protagonist tries to become cuter, we notice Akemiya constantlly looking at her. Does he like her? Certainly. At some point he tells her thet she is cute, and that is all it takes for Sumi to regain her self esteem, which I think applies in real life too. I mean, it only takes a few words from the right person to put you back on track, right?

The scene where Sumi dressed up for Ushino and brought her flowers was so relatable for me that it was scary, and Ushino's response too. I felt bad for Sumi and what I noticed is that her reaction was 100% true, as she suddenly got queit and walked away. When somebody you like so much tells you you are not their type makes you cry a little bittle on the inside and/or outside.

But what I enjoyed the mos about the episode was the moment when Sumi was talking to Akemiya dressed in woman's clothes (I didn't see tht coming, not at all xD) and she said, refering to Ushino "whether or not I'm good enough for her, I still like her." How true is that everyone? How true can that be? If you truly love someone, you'll do anything to be by their side, even if they don't feel the same as you.

This anime. I swear people, this anime is messing with my feelings so bad T_T
May 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Jan 2016
Am I simple for not understanding why him crossdressing piques her interest in him? I mean, she was never meant to discover that he cross-dresses. (really cute story though, just made the series even cuter than it was before)
Oct 21, 2016 7:28 PM

Nov 2013
Sumi-chan dressed up for Ushio, but couldn't ring the bell. And then door in the face.

Ushio spotted the cute model, cute model fled and Sumi ran after her like a lunatic, while shouting out her opinion of Ushio.

At first I thought, she was attacked by a hair-like octopus, but it was a wig. She is a he and a classmate to boot. Surprise, surprise.

With the character design and comedy it reminds me of Azumanga Daioh, only not as wacky.

I really like the BGM, even if some musical instruments are a bit overbearing.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 29, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2013

I'm starting to like Sumika's voice perfomance. My main reason for trying the anime was to get a feel for the voices, so it might just pay off after all at least in that way. @technominator raised some good points, about the anime juggling the drama and comedy in a different way compared to the manga, so the anime might just be worth watching for its own sake after all.
Apr 1, 2020 7:15 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, so Sumika lives in karate house?.. And has black belt?.. What?!.. Well, I mean, she kicked with her leg really well the box that was about to fall out on the guy/girl in the first episode.. She is also good at sports and learning as well.. Just how much more attractive can you get, Sumika?.. ;p Well, I mean, you're my type by appearance as well..
Eh?.. You're saying she's not sexy enough, bro?.. Damn, you got no taste in sexy.. ;P Sumika is hot.. ;p
Wait, that girl in the journal has to be Ushio.. No?.. I'm confused?..
175cm isn't actually that high, by the way.. I am 180cm, for example.. And my length is like maybe around average in my place.. Maybe in Japan 175cm for a girl is high.. But not everywhere, really..
Sumika really liked that compliment that she's cute, huh?.. ;P Well, it's also a bit raises questions, does this guy want to date her, and how Sumika will view at this.. For now it's put aside for now..
This whole walk between Sumika and Ushio to the store feels embarrassing.. As if embarrassing date or something.. ;p
Wait, that girl from the journal just came out from the store, right?.. Two Ushios?.. What?..
What is that chasing, lol.. ;p Maybe I finally start to see, why this anime is also a comedy.. ;p That walk.. And this chase.. Are just giving me funny embarrassed fuwa fuwa feelings.. ;p
A wig?.. Wait.. Is that that guy?.. It's all just so damn confusing! ;D
Well, the truth is learnt in the end.. But.. Just what is this show?.. ;D It's just so good! And it's even strange, really, because the mood is at the same time very sad, but at the same time humor makes mood also very funny.. It's just laughing with tears of pain really, or something, is the feel, this anime gives now this episode.. Well.. I'm certainly enjoying this anime, even if it's a bit confusing, maybe it's even a plus.. ;p Nice second episode!
Jun 28, 2020 7:07 AM
Jul 2015
And there's the love triangle. Fortunately, 2 of them already know what's happening. Hopefully, they take a lesson from Ushino's book and move on, hopefully, with better luck than Ushino though.

A lot of the comments here didn't age well.
Sep 1, 2021 1:29 AM

Feb 2020
"It's a trap!" xD

Akemiya is right. Sumika IS cute! I feel sorry for both of them. The whole situation is pretty complicated.
Apr 9, 2022 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
That boy knew that Sumi was a lesbian, but he liked her so much, that he tried to pass as a girl to get her to like him. That's some determination.

I wonder if Kazama will ever learn of Akemiya's secret?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarcyD - Dec 30, 2009

127 by euls »»
Apr 14, 12:16 AM

» Who the $@#% thought this was a good way to end this series?!?

KingYoshi - Apr 8, 2013

10 by stockhousing »»
Jan 31, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 4 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 12 Discussion

Proselyt - Dec 23, 2009

31 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 16, 2009

58 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.