Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh interesting Chapter.... We saw how Ichi felt after not defeating the super Grand Fisher... I can't blame him... Knowing he was the one that killed your mother... your mother that protected you and that you were unable to protect then... and Being unable to Avenge her.... Well I'll be quite pissed and sad to... Isshin tries to cheer him up... XD.... And that was funny... Dads like him are rare.... So this will keep on goin on for a long while heh? Well duh obviously... I already know this goes on for 6 more years XD Oh wow... Looks like the Poor Grand Fishy received major wounds... But someone did something to heal GF... Shoot looks like he evolved... What was that?! Teared off his mask? What do they mean??

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2011 2:56 AM

May 2010
Ichigo's father is cool. :)
Jul 21, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
This chapter was different in the anime.In the anime Isshin talked with Kon in Ichigo's body ,but in manga he really talked with Ichigo...
Or am I mistaken ?? Not sure
Feb 18, 2017 8:08 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the father son moment.
Fisher powered up.
Dec 10, 2017 11:54 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cute chapter, emotional ;)
Mar 23, 2018 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Very touching. I really enjoyed it.

And Grand Fisher evolved. I definitely enjoyed this battle/arc in the manga more than in the anime, which butchered it to pieces.
Apr 15, 2018 12:59 AM

Oct 2016
Very good episode for the dialogs, enjoyed.
Apr 10, 2020 9:44 PM

Jun 2016
nice chapter,the dad is funny.
May 9, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
I haven't been commenting on every chapter just to get on with it but this seems like a pretty good place to comment. I like the decision to give Ichigo's his emotional backstory after several smaller stories arcs, since the strongest element throughout here was the dynamic between him and Rukia. Without there bond developing most of those scenes would've rang hollow, pun intended.

Really enjoyed scenes like Rukia's decision to no longer pry, deciding to wait for Ichigo to want to talk and affirming that she'd be there to listen whenever he's ready. Or the little banter when she came to see him "You thought I was serious", and Rukia telling herself to stay out of it for Ichigo's sake when she left was pretty strong, both due to the paneling, emotions, and hints at her backstory.

This strength extends to Kon, Orihime, and Ichigo's father as well, the scenes highlighting their care for Ichigo were all strong in there own right. Kon begging Rukia to go was really nice, and while he gave a comedy reason, it's clear that wasn't the case. While he previously expressed that frowning so much was difficult whilst acting as Ichigo, once we see him again after Rukia leaves, he is frowning naturally before he goes to see how things went for them. The other two were more obviously strong, with Ichigo's dad scene here being a highlight. The comedy with him doesn't really land for me, but I thought he explanation to Ichigo was well-worded. Speaking of the comedy there were some funny moments. I love the Orihime carried around a sleeping bag for like a week or however long just for the sake of a joke.

I don't think all the moments here worked, the comedy could sometimes be too jarring and some of the emotional bits felt a bit too overdramatic for me, but on a whole I liked this arc from that character dynamic perspective. All that said, Grand Fisher and the fight with him was pretty boring outside of Ichigo's suicidal method of avoiding striking the image of his mom but still landing a hit on him. I'm glad Ichigo didn't defeat him there though. If he had, the father scene wouldn't have worked since the feelings of guilt of failing to avenge her helped push him to his breakdown and it also just makes to build to a later threat.

The ending does give the impression that Grand Fisher will be coming back right away, which I hope isn't the case. Even though it still accomplishes the goal of establishing a later threat since Grand Fisher was getting help, it just feels kinda too fast.

More theme songs. Tatsuki's is hal's "Mo Aoi Tori wa Tobanai", which I believe is the first Japanese song of the four (since Rukia's was an instrumental from a name I don't remember, I don't know it's origin). Pretty solid track right here too. Ichigo's dad was Social Distortion's "Don't Drag Me Down", which is a really great track. I quite appreciate Kubo's musical taste.
Sep 23, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2019
This 3rd volume was probably the best so far, we got finally some background story of the Kurosaki family. As soon as we learned that Ichigo’s mother got killed, I guessed that an Hollow would be most certainly be involved. I also guessed Ichigo would settle this right away, but he actually managed to escape. I think Ichigo’s true legacy as a Shinigami begins right here. Not only should he revenge his mothers death, but also prevent that anybody else ever suffers from an Hollows hand.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.