Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 7:54 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really enjoyed this episode. It got serious for a change and gave us a glimpse into what Yawara really feels regarding Judo, which was interesting. In general I enjoyed the whole part of Matsuda and her fleeing from the reporters and everything that followed. I'm really glad there's been a lot of development this episode, I wasn't sure where this series is going and figured it might just use the established setting for rinse and repeat comedy. Glad that's not the case and I'm looking forward to the next episode with more enthusiasm now!
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 12, 2017 12:32 PM
Nov 2009
Huh? This was obvious before, so her spelling it out was pretty pointless. Also, it made absolutely no sense that she thanked him after that reporter pretty much destroyed her life. (Fuck that guy, stupid asshole. What a selfish bastard.)
Sep 14, 2017 8:03 AM
Aug 2014
The talk between Yawara and Matsuda makes clear why she's still doing judo despite "hating" it.

Matsuda was just doing his job you know and even though he's seeing the impact on Yawara's life I don't believe he'd do anything different as he really wants Yawara to do judo.
Nov 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2013
Her life was messed up by Matsuda but she felt bad when she threw the bastard, and she even cooked for him, she is too nice.
Feb 11, 2021 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
Pretty good episode, really interested in how their relationship develops considering they long the life opposite to what they have. Didn't expect for Jigoro to bend that easily though I guess he has complete trust in Yawara's skill
Jan 15, 2022 1:00 PM

Nov 2017
Yawara wants to be a normal girl (as she has said many times before), but most people (at least irl) want to stand out or be unique. She has something that makes her exactly that.

That cockroach scene was not good for my katsaridaphobia. Bleh, lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yawara! Episode 2 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Oct 23, 2011

6 by RodxD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Yawara! Episode 20 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 6, 2011

5 by Inter_anime »»
Apr 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Yawara Episode 18 Discussion

Meddigo - Sep 15, 2010

9 by Inter_anime »»
Apr 17, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Yawara! Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 5, 2011

13 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Apr 4, 7:24 AM

» Help: Yawara! filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 29, 2023

0 by JoNuttanon1994 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.