Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Slaine's psyche isn't doing so well..

I thought action was pretty good this episode. HUMANITY FIGHTS BACK AGAIN. Is it just me or are swords becoming a thing for the weekends? I thought OST was great as usual. I think the soundtrack comes out in September 10th. I think the song is called aLIEz.
Stark700Jul 26, 2014 10:30 AM
Jul 26, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
Dammit, the 2nd half made me lost of words, Sawano's music + Inaho's solo fight (well with a little help) just makes it more epic.

Slaine should do something with that Vers commander or whatever to make him stop bashing him. Well I was hoping he will join Inaho's group and reunite with the princess.

Jul 26, 2014 9:58 AM
Nov 2012
Engine can't start cliche!!
Jul 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
I liked this episode quite a lot. However, the fact that Inaho and a bunch of trainees defeated two Martian knights is a bit, uh, stretched? Well, maybe our male protagonist number 1 is a genius. At least he appears to be one up until now.

Meanwhile, our male protagonist number 2 is not doing extremely well. There's only 12 episodes and we are already a third through. Inaho is beating crap out of people while Slaine is, you know, having his inner battles. Him not being recognized by Vers is also a problem. What he does later could be interesting, since the next episode's title is "point of no return".

That ED, DHAT ED OMG OMG OMG. DHAT graphics. Can't praise it more.
Jul 26, 2014 10:22 AM
Jun 2013
WOHOOOO HELL YEA, but this episode battle to fast, well still ok. next slaine in action, very intresting what he gonna do later.

dam 12 episode? MORE PLZ
Jul 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
Even though this is the first ep not fully written by Urobutcher the consistency is still holding up fairly well. Damaging the knight on one half with the crane was brilliant indeed even if it was a one time trick since it halved the knight's field of view and the carrier showing up just in time definitely saved their asses. Overall another solid solid episode for Aldnoah and oh mother of god I WANT THAT ED NOW!
Jul 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2009
What an exciting episode. I was definitely at the edge of my seat for most of it. It's interesting to watch Inaho beat down so such more powerful opponents with his strategies.

I'm hoping to see more from Slaine though. He's sure getting beat around by the commander a lot, but I'm hoping that he'll eventually find a way to overcome all that and manage to join up with the princess once more. The graphics and animation were stunning as usual, and I'm starting to get used to the way they draw the mechas (although it also seems to have improved drastically from the second episode, or maybe that's just me).
Jul 26, 2014 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
A bit of a step down in the way the episode was structured I thought but I'm more than intrigued to see where things are headed next for Slaine.
Jul 26, 2014 10:36 AM

May 2013
Inaho is fearless. He really isn't afraid to get into a one on one fight. Looks like Slaine gonna join in on the battle.
Jul 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
Is Slaine an idiot? Why the hell did he go back to the Martians?! -.-

And what's the use if he'll keep lying and hiding the truth. Don't get what he's up to unless he has a plan.

Inaho on the other hand is just getting more and more BA! Loving this guy so much.
The way he bought time so calmly was awesome. Like a BOSS!

Lol'd at Inko's "Desuyone" when he cut the container the second time XD
Jul 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
juliusqin said:

dam 12 episode? MORE PLZ

kunagisa said:
There's only 12 episodes and we are already a third through.

I know MAL is always the accurate one when it comes to the episode count, but various sources (other anime charts/websites like anichart) has this series set for 24 episodes (2-cour). As long as the budget and popularity is there, I think we can definitely expect more.

Anyways, another decent episode. At one point, however, I think it would take more than Inaho's intelligence and wits to win battles against Vers men. I'm looking forward to more creative solutions against the Kataphrakt!
Jul 26, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2013
Everyone doing a good job of fighting off the Martian knight. The fight was over pretty quick and it looks like Slaine will be coming next episode.
Jul 26, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
That was a lot of fun to watch, the OST was great as always along with the animation. Watching Inaho calmly kick ass was awesome too.
Jul 26, 2014 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
It's like watching kids playing knights with sticks. Well, I gave it a fair chance, time to drop.
Jul 26, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2010
Another stunning episode, especially the second half. school boys vs martian knight was pretty awesome.

i wonder how they gonna beat him cause this sure isnt the last time they see him.
Jul 26, 2014 10:55 AM
Jan 2014
Damn, second mushroom cloud already.

Dat Sawano OST, always aids in battles. Good teamwork nonetheless.
The visuals were also gorgeous again. They're probably doing this split-cour to maintain that animation quality.

I hope that Slaine gets deployed on to the battlefield again and joins the terrans.
Jul 26, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode!
Can't wait to see next!

After every episode I why soundtrack have SNK vibes,
now I checked Staff and... Sawano Hiroyuki *.*
Everything is clear now :D

I really like MC, first time character is so calm and so smart!
Really like it! :)
Jul 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
Martian Kataprakts are just too strong. Inaho planning everything. Managing to stop the princess going out of the ship.

Looks like Slaine will return to battle to gather more intelligence on who is the ringleader.

Again, OST is really complimenting the battles.
MizeteoJul 26, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
Jul 26, 2014 11:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was good yet again...Loving the MC more and more with each episode too and I think he likes the princess :'')

This wasn't as good as last weeks' imo but I really like the new Mars Mecha Samurai thing

The OST was amazing as usual, animation was on point yet again and everything in this episode just flowed really well :)

I want that Ending song ASAP and also, I really hope that Slain is secretly going to be sabotaging the Martians
Jul 26, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
Its a shame that this is Gen Urobuchi's last written episode, but he sure did leave at a cliffhanger.

Seriously am loving the MC, he's plan to defeat the martian knight was genius. He might not express emotions that much, but thats just part of who he is.

Wonder when the princess will need to reveal her identity, i'm hoping Slaine doesn't get killed. I like him as a character.

New ED is awesome
Jul 26, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
I expected a "wind-down" episode after defeating their first Martian Kataphract - I was wrong.

Excellent episode.
Jul 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
I'm in love with this show!
Jul 26, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2009
jugann said:
Its a shame that this is Gen Urobuchi's last written episode, but he sure did leave at a cliffhanger.

3rd was the last one he personally written.
Jul 26, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
To much awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
Nice episode, they decide to keep the secret about the princess. Mc still doesn't give a fuck about anything though.

The action scenes were fine, the CG wasn't that bad. The music is awesome like always.
Jul 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
Not enjoying this show much :/ I just can't really get into story and characters. Hope this show will get better.
Jul 26, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2009
Desu yo ne~
Jul 26, 2014 11:24 AM
Sep 2013
Good episode Slaine gets beaten too much. The princess seems like what going to be the thing that causes more havoc to break out. Laser beam Katana ftw.

The Ost is a must buy for me.
Jul 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Eh, pretty bad episode.

Recycled pretty much the exact same scene from episode 2 with the exact same singing insert when the mechs got annihilated with ease. Getting boring, literally nothing happened here besides showcasing that the properly trained adults are worthless and the trainee boy genius is going to solve 99% of the conflicts in this series. Plot induced stupidity on the antagonists is so overbearing that it's hard to get the 'helpless' feeling they're trying to sell. Against trained adults? Rushes in and cuts them down like ants. Against high schooler in a trainer mech? Stand still, let him test out different strategies and formulate a plan, don't follow through on strikes, FORGET HE HAS ANOTHER ARM WHEN HE HAS ENEMY WEAPON WITHIN HIS GRASP. Holy fuck I hate antagonists who get bent over to keep plot going. What little plot there was in this episode anyway...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I don't get why Slaine went back. Well hopefully it will be more of him making changes in the inside. Find out who is truly responsible for the assassination and get rid of them. I'm amazed they both kept the Princess's secret. I know it could cause more harm then good but the shit will really hit the fan when they find out even more later. Well that was a good fight with that Knight. Nice way of stalling for time and they were able to get him to retreat.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Besides the awesome ep, DAT EPIC ENDING WITH THE 1ST EP OST.25/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jul 26, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
Vexper said:
Eh, pretty bad episode.

Recycled pretty much the exact same scene from episode 2 with the exact same singing insert when the mechs got annihilated with ease. Getting boring, literally nothing happened here besides showcasing that the properly trained adults are worthless and the trainee boy genius is going to solve 99% of the conflicts in this series. Plot induced stupidity on the antagonists is so overbearing that it's hard to get the 'helpless' feeling they're trying to sell. Against trained adults? Rushes in and cuts them down like ants. Against high schooler in a trainer mech? Stand still, let him test out different strategies and formulate a plan, don't follow through on strikes, FORGET HE HAS ANOTHER ARM WHEN HE HAS ENEMY WEAPON WITHIN HIS GRASP. Holy fuck I hate antagonists who get bent over to keep plot going. What little plot there was in this episode anyway...

At least he sat for a good half hour looking at video footage and planning to defeat the last mech, this one took like less than a minute to plan for even though it should've been able to cut him in half in an instant, like the others. Well I suppose that's fair enough when the Martian's fight like undisciplined children all anime long. Those mechs need to invest in sound equipment and side & back cameras, they're like Sontarans, always facing the enemy, prone to sneak attacks.
Jul 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Vexper said:
Eh, pretty bad episode.

+1

Still trying to understand why everyone likes this show so much.
Jul 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2014
OG-3 said:

The hype train has few doors, it's hard to get off for those in the forward compartments.
Jul 26, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
That was pretty slick on Slaine's part to cover his tracks by blaming the meteor bombardment for Trillram's death. No body = no proof.

Well, even if I didn't know already that Urobuchi's involvement with the show is over, the dialogue between the Captain and her XO would have tipped me off. "Do you know why you can't get a date?" "Aren't you supposed to arrive fashionably late?" "That happens after you get the date" like hell would Urobuchi ever write something like that lmao.
Jul 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
kunagisa said:

That ED, DHAT ED OMG OMG OMG. DHAT graphics. Can't praise it more.
'

^
good episode!! this just keeps getting better

Jul 26, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
Less intense compared to previous episodes
But still as good nevertheless
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 26, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2011
These people... they just love using those godly OSTs Sawano created.
5/5
Jul 26, 2014 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
OG-3 said:
+1

Probably a combination of;
- Sawano 'epic' OST.
- High school age characters
- ^ which make adults look like vegetables
- Overpowered stoic 'genius' main character which people eat up like it's cooked by a 5 star restaurant nowadays.
- No complexity to any of the characters we've seen so far. Easy to grasp and get on board with. The villains are pretty much just that, villains.
- Wrote by Urobuchi so the assumption it's going to be good is probably already heavily ingrained into most peoples minds.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 26, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 2013
Chabe said:
Vexper said:
Eh, pretty bad episode.

At least he sat for a good half hour looking at video footage and planning to defeat the last mech, this one took like less than a minute to plan for even though it should've been able to cut him in half in an instant, like the others. Well I suppose that's fair enough when the Martian's fight like undisciplined children all anime long. Those mechs need to invest in sound equipment and side & back cameras, they're like Sontarans, always facing the enemy, prone to sneak attacks.

Pay attention to how the Martians act when fighting the Terran mechs. They always over confident and arrogant, and much of their combat strategy revolves around their technology more than actual military tactics. Inaho didn't have time to watch a video. He had to think on the fly, which is why he switched weapons when fighting. The Martian in turn was cocky, he under estimated his opponent and let his guard down which ultimately led to his defeat and retreat.

At the same time it would appear that that the Martians don't have a large number those mechs which is probably why we haven't seen them attacking in the squads.The MC looked at his surroundings and made use of them.
Jul 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
Seriously one of best mecha animes i watched so far, I hope that there is a lot of this anime to come cuz i wont settle for 1 cour XD
And oh the orgasms from that ED....ohhh.....
Jul 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Strategist0083 said:
Chabe said:

Pay attention to how the Martians act when fighting the Terran mechs. They always over confident and arrogant, and much of their combat strategy revolves around their technology more than actual military tactics. Inaho didn't have time to watch a video. He had to think on the fly, which is why he switched weapons when fighting. The Martian in turn was cocky, he under estimated his opponent and let his guard down which ultimately led to his defeat and retreat.

At the same time it would appear that that the Martians don't have a large number those mechs which is probably why we haven't seen them attacking in the squads.The MC looked at his surroundings and made use of them.

We are paying attention to how they act. Apparently you aren't. It's plot induced, any unimportant characters like in this episode and episode 2, get instantly steamrolled. Main character? He may as well be Jesus. There's no reason for him to stop and consider his opponent when he didn't do that against THREE people just a moment ago. If he would have taken the same manner of attack against the main character how he did against the properly trained soldiers he would have stomped. It's ridiculous how many people aren't getting this. They've been wrote to be intentionally stupid/incompetent when in face of the main character.
Jul 26, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
Aldnoah.Zero just solidified itself as my favorite show of this season. Great fight against that mecha Kirito. Inaho still outsmarts the martians by using the crane to damage the martian mech. Resourceful lad.

Looks like Slaine is planning on finding out the truth about the assassination plot on who is behind it. Damn he should just put a bullet in that martian's head for doing that to him.

And yea, fucking loved the ED.
Jul 26, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
Strategist0083 said:

I'm sorry, but what's your point? Is that meant to be a rebuttal?
Jul 26, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 2008
godly music, loved every single episode thus for *-* and from a logical point of view, Slaine made a wise decision to not tell that the princess is alive
Jul 26, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
after every ep i think 24 min is too little need too awesome for just 24 min

this is the best mech serie of this season
Jul 26, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2013
Ferax said:
after every ep i think 24 min is too little need too awesome for just 24 min

this is the best mech serie of this season

Because this season is BURSTING with mech series right?
Jul 26, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
AICW said:
That was pretty slick on Slaine's part to cover his tracks by blaming the meteor bombardment for Trillram's death. No body = no proof.

Well, even if I didn't know already that Urobuchi's involvement with the show is over, the dialogue between the Captain and her XO would have tipped me off. "Do you know why you can't get a date?" "Aren't you supposed to arrive fashionably late?" "That happens after you get the date" like hell would Urobuchi ever write something like that lmao.

What characters interacting with a degree of humor and wit to them instead of just all expository dialogue and philosophizing all the time?

Anyway people here might think this OST is absolutely astonishing but I'm finding it pretty generic and kind of overkill. If people still find this soundtrack the most riveting thing about this show by the end after hearing those screeching vocals used in every moderately action oriented scene then I really don't know what to say about how monotone peoples taste in music has gotten cause it's honestly already pretty played out.

OG-3 said:

+1

Cause it's "Epic" and keeps hitting you up with the constant "Epic" action scenes which if you take away the "Epic" soundtrack are probably really just more of a general skirmish. Seriously that really wasn't much of a battle so much as a whole lot of cool posing and I guess in the eyes of the general MAL audience cool music.

Really that's all it boils down to I think along with the big name staff. MAL just goes nuts for anything that looks and sounds really really cool in it's eyes and isn't all that concerned about the smaller details.
PeacingOutJul 26, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 26, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2012
It was fcken epic!
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2014

433 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

533 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

723 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2122 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.