Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 12, 2014 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
i'll watch f/sn, WIXOSS and log horizon for sure. i'll check out the rest of the list when all anime are announced.
Aug 12, 2014 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
MrLief said:
fst said:

The anime is an adaptation. The release order of the anime is irrelevant. What matters is the order in which the stories were originally created and released. The F/SN VN was the first. Then, 2 years after that, came the F/Z novel. In terms of release order of the stories, F/SN came first, and F/Z was written with that in mind, so to understand F/Z fully, you need to watch F/SN.

The release order of the anime is very relevant, it's an adaptation and it the order matters in which they were released for the adaptation. Otherwise ufotable would have done F/SN first and then F/Z. I watched F/Z before F/SN and I fully understood everything at the time, I didn't need any knowledge of the series beforehand. Saying that F/SN (2006) should be watched before F/Z is like me saying watch something shitty so you can understand a few minor details in a godlike series instead of waiting a couple months for another godlike series to explain those minor details.

Watching F/Z first gives major spoilers for F/SN.
Aug 12, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
MrLief said:

The release order of the anime is very relevant, it's an adaptation and it the order matters in which they were released for the adaptation. Otherwise ufotable would have done F/SN first and then F/Z. I watched F/Z before F/SN and I fully understood everything at the time, I didn't need any knowledge of the series beforehand. Saying that F/SN (2006) should be watched before F/Z is like me saying watch something shitty so you can understand a few minor details in a godlike series instead of waiting a couple months for another godlike series to explain those minor details.

Watching F/Z first gives major spoilers for F/SN.

Like?
Aug 12, 2014 12:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The only people who claim that you're not missing anything by going with F/Z first are the ones that haven't read the original visual novel for F/SN
Aug 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
MrLief said:

Like?

Fai said:
F/0 already spoils like 4 to 5 MAJOR plot twists of FSN in the first episode alone.

And that's off the top of my head. I am sure there are more. And all of those are major plot points in FSN that are treated as huge plot twists. Fate/Zero casually reveals them within first episode because it assumes YOU KNOW THEM ALREADY.

Fate/Zero is written to be read/watched AFTER FSN in order to fill in the gaps.

What's more Fate/Zero does not bother explaining things that you would know from FSN VN so a lot of people end up more than confused about a lot of things that happened.

You realize the new upcoming anime adaptation doesn't have to follow the source material 100%, they can change things around so that it works better to fit the prequel. F/SN also spoils some things about F/Z.

The series really do spoil each other. But F/SN (2014) can play it off different since they have the freedom to do so, like having the audience members already know about the events prior to the series and acknowledging it, then it wouldn't really be a spoiler because the only people who aren't really supposed to know 100% what happened in the previous war are the actual characters in the series. Who cares if F/SN maybe gives you more knowledge of the series and if it's supposed to be read first according from the source material. In the end it really saps the enjoyment from the series so it should really just be disregarded until the new adaptation.
Aug 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
Watching

-Fate/Stay Night
-Amagi Brilliant Park (hopefully won't be as bad as kyoukai no kanata)
-Grisaia no Kajitsu
-Psycho Pass S2 (need to watch S1 first)
-Log Horizon S2 (also need to watch S1)
Aug 12, 2014 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
There are some good titles, but my main worry from this season is Grisaia getting an Anime. I highly enjoyed the VN, though as many of us are aware, VN's getting Anime adaptations tend to get rather poorly made ones.
Aug 12, 2014 12:43 AM

Mar 2014
umm... well, i just started with Fate/Zero and i was under the assumption that Fate/StayNight happens after it.
Aug 12, 2014 12:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AzuStar said:
umm... well, i just started with Fate/Zero and i was under the assumption that Fate/StayNight happens after it.
Well yes, but F/SN was written before it and given what happens in the two series, F/Z is intended to be watched after you have the information of the events of F/SN already learned. Problem is the original F/SN anime adaptation was a trainwreck meaning that if you properly want to do it the right way, you gotta first play the original visual novel instead before watching F/Z. It's not a tremendous deal but it is the optimal way at least.

kurosaki344 said:
There are some good titles, but my main worry from this season is Grisaia getting an Anime. I highly enjoyed the VN, though as many of us are aware, VN's getting Anime adaptations tend to get rather poorly made ones.
As someone who's read Meikyuu and Rakuen I can say that adapting the series in a sensible way for an anime is essentailly impossible no matter what they do, so I'm not expecting anything. *However* in my opinion the best part of the entire trilogy is actually the common route of Kajitsu itself simply due to how incredibly likable the characters are and their interactions when together are simply second to none. As long as they at least nail the comedy portions (which is fully feasable) I'll be happy.
Aug 12, 2014 12:49 AM
Mar 2011
I lot of good things I currently watch will end soon: Kurohitsuji, Zankyou no Terror, Kindaichi, hxh. I think they said that Jojo will continue, but I don't know why it's 25 episodes on mal.

So the new anime I'll watch are:

Magic Kaito. I know it's an old 30 years old unfinished manga and the last chapter, I think was released in 2007... I liked the first anime and I still hope the author will continue the manga.

Mushishi. I don't know for what reason they stopped in the middle...

World Trigger. I don't like the character design, but I still hope it will be good.

Ore Twintail ni narimasu

F/SN. I already watched the old F/SN and F/0, but I watch them when they were already finished. I think I will watch the F/SN 2014 after it's finished.

I will perhaps try some more because usually, when a new season starts I drop a lot of new anime after 1 or 2 episodes.
Aug 12, 2014 12:49 AM

Feb 2014
I've always consider Fall season as one of 2 best seasons of anime (the other one is winter). Here is what I will wathc next season:

Fate/Stay Night UBW - cause its Fate!
Gundam Reconguista In G - Finally a Gundam series again which is not Gunpla.
Girlfriend Beta - This looks interesting
Cross Angie - a mecha series w/ an all girls cast looks fun
Amagi Briliant Park - KyoAni will always find a way
Ookami Shoujo Tokuor Ouji - My seasonal dose of shoujo
Chaika S2 - only if I finish Chaika S1 before S2 airs
Psycho-Pass S2 - I love the S1, no other reasons to pass on S2
Trinity Seven - my seasonal dose of harem anime

That's all for now.

OrangeRafiAug 12, 2014 12:56 AM
Aug 12, 2014 12:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
OrangeRafi said:
Fate/Stay Night UBW - cause its Fate!
Are you saying it's Fate and UBW at the same time? :3
Aug 12, 2014 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
As someone who's read Meikyuu and Rakuen I can say that adapting the series in a sensible way for an anime is essentailly impossible no matter what they do, so I'm not expecting anything. *However* in my opinion the best part of the entire trilogy is actually the common route of Kajitsu itself simply due to how incredibly likable the characters are and their interactions when together are simply second to none. As long as they at least nail the comedy portions (which is fully feasable) I'll be happy.

That is what scares me however, yes, it is most likely they will be delivering some nicely done jokes, along new scenes mostly focus on that. But it will be nothing more than that, just a common route with a dense Yuuji. Would you really prefer that? When romance changes and develops the characters in the series rather dramatically?
Aug 12, 2014 12:57 AM

Sep 2013
TERRA FORMARS
and all sequel from anime that i already watch
Aug 12, 2014 12:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kurosaki344 said:
HaXXspetten said:

That is what scares me however, yes, it is most likely they will be delivering some nicely done jokes, along new scenes mostly focus on that. But it will be nothing more than that, just a common route with a dense Yuuji. Would you really prefer that? When romance changes and develops the characters in the series rather dramatically?
Problem is they can't just adapt a single route. That would break the overarching story given how the sequels are designed (I mean unless they do some anime original stuff). And they can't just mix together the routes like Clannad for example because they're too extreme in order to do that, the events taking place in them will contradict each other. The only way to really do it would be to do some sort of omnibus for all five routes, which has been done in the past but the problem is Kajitsu is *absurdly* long. Like if you were gonna properly do that you'd need 3-4 cours and that's *never* gonna happen.
Aug 12, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2013
Am I the only one who thinks the premise of Terra Formars sounds dumb? Giant cockroaches? =.=
FallingSn0wAug 12, 2014 1:08 AM
Aug 12, 2014 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
naens said:
I think they said that Jojo will continue, but I don't know why it's 25 episodes on mal.
It's split cour.
Aug 12, 2014 1:09 AM

Mar 2013
MrLief said:
fst said:

The anime is an adaptation. The release order of the anime is irrelevant. What matters is the order in which the stories were originally created and released. The F/SN VN was the first. Then, 2 years after that, came the F/Z novel. In terms of release order of the stories, F/SN came first, and F/Z was written with that in mind, so to understand F/Z fully, you need to watch F/SN.

Let's just get one thing straight here. NOBODY is recommending you watch the 2006 F/SN anime. It's shit. They're recommending you play the visual novel or wait for fall.

With that out of the way, whether ufotable makes F/Z or F/SN first is decided by the people with the money. And they don't really care about releasing it in the order that it's meant to be watched since they're just adaptations anyways. Really, you're supposed to have read the source material first. The anime is just fanservice for afterwards. F/Z, for example, cuts out loads of explanations from the anime. The entire thing makes a lot more sense if you read the novel first.
Aug 12, 2014 1:11 AM
Mar 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
naens said:
I think they said that Jojo will continue, but I don't know why it's 25 episodes on mal.
It's split cour.
And will it continue in winter or in April?
Aug 12, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2011
naens said:
ReaperCreeper said:
It's split cour.
Winter :)
Aug 12, 2014 1:14 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Merged
Aug 12, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
Does Cross Ange have an entry in the MAL database yet? I can't seem to find one.
Aug 12, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
Shadow55 said:
Does Cross Ange have an entry in the MAL database yet? I can't seem to find one.

here - http://myanimelist.net/anime/25731/Crossange:_Tenshi_to_Ryuu_no_Rinbu
Aug 12, 2014 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
j0x said:
Shadow55 said:

here - http://myanimelist.net/anime/25731/Crossange:_Tenshi_to_Ryuu_no_Rinbu

Thanks.
Aug 12, 2014 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Problem is they can't just adapt a single route. That would break the overarching story given how the sequels are designed (I mean unless they do some anime original stuff). And they can't just mix together the routes like Clannad for example because they're too extreme in order to do that, the events taking place in them will contradict each other. The only way to really do it would be to do some sort of omnibus for all five routes, which has been done in the past but the problem is Kajitsu is *absurdly* long. Like if you were gonna properly do that you'd need 3-4 cours and that's *never* gonna happen.

Exactly, so instead of a poor adaptation, I'd prefer it to have none.
Aug 12, 2014 1:51 AM

Apr 2012
Shadow55 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the premise of Terra Formars sounds dumb? Giant cockroaches? =.=

nah
it sounds like Starship Troopers, which was a fucking horribly awesome movie

Aug 12, 2014 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
A few series caught my eye. I'm going to watch the second seasons of Yowapedal, Log Horizon, and Selector Infected WIXOSS for sure. And am going to try Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, Akatsuki no Yona, Kiseijuu, and Amagi Brilliant Park. Not sure if I'll watch more than that though.
Aug 12, 2014 1:56 AM
Mar 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
Winter :)
Thanks. So one more reason to find more Fall anime to watch...

Also I noticed there is 2 "Kaitou" anime this fall. I don'y which one will be better. It would be interesting to compare them.

Also two Gundams. Don't know if they are related or not...
Aug 12, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
From an earlier post of mine:

IndigoBangarang said:
Fall season does look pretty good.

For now I think I'm gonna watch:
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Has potential to be a good drama/romance thing. Plus I heard it's going to be 2-cour,so I hope they are gonna make good use of that.)
-Sora no Method (Original anime!Looks interesting,but I hope it's not going to be a harem )
-Orenchi no Furo Jijou (hehe guilty pleasure anime.... Bishonen and (possibly) yaoi)
-Girlfriend(Kari) (Looks cute. thats all. I don't have much expectations for this,but who knows,maybe it will be good?)
-Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai (Not too high expectations for this,but I hope this is gonna have good comedy at least!)
-Kiseijuu (Sounds interesting and it kinda gets a lot of hype..)
-Grisaia no Kajitsu (Everybody says the VN is really good,the anime looks good too actually. Hope they don't screw this up)
-Amagi Brilliant Park (KyoAni....nuff said)
-Ore,Twintail ni Narimasu (This shows sounds hilarious. and I like twintails too)

Maybe gonna watch:

Chaika S2 (depends if I like the first season)
Yowapeda S2 (Again,if I like S1)
Madan no Ou to Vanadis (Isn't really my type of show I would say,but I'll wait and see if people say it's good or not)
Log Horizon S2 (if I like S1)
Gugure! Kokkuri-san (Not really my thing since I'm not into Japanese Folklore but it sounds interesting and somewhat original)
Terra Formars (Again,not really my type,but I'll take a look at it if people say its good)
WIXOSS S2 (again,if I like S1)

And now,since the list has updated here are some more:

Probably will watch:
Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete (sounds interesting,though I heard it's harem..so idk what to expect)
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (It's SoL and has an interesting twist)
Ookami Shoujou to Kuro Ouji (Kinda interested in this,hope the romance goes somewhere though)
Bonjour Koiaji Patisserie (hehe guilty pleasure otome games)
Inou-Battle ( Kinda sounds similar to chuunibyou,so I am interested)
Denki gai no Honya san (expecting fun comedy from this)

Maybe gonna check out:
Akatsuki no Yona (not a fan of the whole princess and kingdom settings,but I'll see how this turns out,could be interesting)
Absolute Duo (maybe. The synopsis isn't too great and the fact that fantasy and harem are in the same show doesn't excite me much,but I'll give this a try I guess.)
Trinity Seven (again,sounds like a harem,but otherwise I think the synopsis sounds quite fun)
Shirobako (well there is absolutley no real pic and no synopis so I can't say anything. But from the letters of the title it looks like some loli mahou shoujo thing,so I'm not sure about this.)
Aug 12, 2014 4:34 AM

Feb 2010
kurosaki344 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Exactly, so instead of a poor adaptation, I'd prefer it to have none.

Why? You'd want to rob every other person on the planet of the opportunity of finding it enjoyable just because you can't ignore something you're not interested in? You don't have to watch stuff even if it gets made (I know, bummer).
I am aware that it is popular to wish some anime don't exist because people don't like them, but usually that's just sky-high egos of unfriendly people speaking, and it's even more disagreeable when the series in question hasn't even aired yet...
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 12, 2014 4:55 AM

Dec 2013
why people who talking about Grisaia no Kajitsu , not even mind with Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. It is voted as best eroge in 2013.
http://www.getchu.com/pc/2013_g_ranking/?gc=gc

while Grisaia no Kajitsu and its sequel losing to White Album 2 (2011), Aiyoku no Eustia (2011), Hatsuyuki Sakura (2012) and some more eroge cause its 2 sequel in 2012/2013
And When White Album 2 got anime, we didnt see much hype like this ...
Aug 12, 2014 5:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
^ I'm really hyped for Daitoshokan as well, though I haven't played it, Aiyoku no Eustia is my 2nd fav VN of all time and it's the same developer so the sky's the limit

though of course those two are *drastically* different genres; Eustia is a dark medieval fantasy story whereas Daitoshokan is more of a typical moege (as far as I know at least)
Aug 12, 2014 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
naens said:

Also two Gundams. Don't know if they are related or not...

Both of them will produced by Sunrise but will have different stories. Gundam Build Fighters is more of a sport of kids/people making gunpla and fighting each other on a tournament.

The other Gundam series, the Gundam Reconguista In G is the Gundam series that most people are familiar of. The one where there forces fighting each other for peace (or something like that).
Aug 12, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
I'm looking forward to the Yuru Yuri and Nisekoi OVAs.
Sora no Method looks cute.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso- definitely looking forward.
New original thing by P.A. Works, SHIROBAKO. It's P.A. Works,have to check it.

So many generic-looking harem/ecchi. Not cool.
Aug 12, 2014 8:18 AM

Apr 2012
PARASYTE <3

seriously what an incredibly overdue adaption, and here's hoping they don't fuck it up. the manga was outstanding and one of my favorites this is such great news, the fact that we're getting this overshadows everything else announced for the fall season. i'll still be checking out the fate/stay night reboot, as well as terra formars considering the manga is pretty entertaining and possibly world trigger if it can sway me, it seems pretty interesting and toei is always a plus.

also does anyone know if terra formars is going to be an ova or a tv series, what's up with that?
kurselaxAug 12, 2014 8:26 AM
"I’m just watching a bad dream I never wake up from."
Aug 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
Orenchi no Furo Jijou : Looks really cute. The voice actors are great, and there might be some BL innuendos.

Akatsuki no Yona : Seems really interesting. Saw the character designs and they were very beautiful. Hope it's a 2-cour series.

Donten ni Warau : Promising cast + lovely character designs.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji : Comedy + School + Shoujo + Sakurai Takahiro

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja : The preview wasn't great, but the story's interesting enough for me to watch it.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso : My most anticipated series for this season. The PV was just gorgeous. Loved the vivid colors and the cute character designs . It could be a great romance/drama series. The number of the episodes is perfect.

Sora no Method : Reminds me of Natsuiro Kiseki, so I'll give it a shot.

Shirobako : I still need to know more about this one, but since it's P.A Works, I'll watch it.
Aug 15, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2012
The trailer for Kiseijuu is amazing, seems like they modernized the world, but other than that it should be pretty faithful adaption of the manga. Hirano Aya voicing Migi, didn't see that coming but we'll see if it works

Aug 15, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
^ well, hope Madhouse will tell Arms how to do horror anime

/ wait, Wit studio is the main studio does SnK, not I.G ?
moonnyaAug 15, 2014 4:48 AM
Aug 18, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
Added Shirobako to my list. Won over by the promotional video thing.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 18, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
Now that I've finished Fate Stay Night, I'm pretty hype for UBW anime now. Mostly for the fights to be animated, they should be pretty bad ass! Even though they were still good in the visual novel, would just be great to see characters moving fluidly in a fight scene..
Aug 19, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Any haremshit / ecchi airing this fall ?
Aug 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Added Shirobako to my list. Won over by the promotional video thing.

Oh God. PA Works... Could it be? Might it finally be happening? Another PA works show that's as good as Hanasaku Iroha?

Probably not, but I'll still watch it.
Aug 19, 2014 2:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
Can't see any at least. I mean Daitoshokan and Grisaia are both 18+ charage VNs originally but they're not exactly ecchi because of that, and certainly won't be when anime adaptated, that's for sure. Soooo I don't know, Madan no Ou to Vanadis is ecchi harem among other things but I know the novels are quite high rated at least so it's prob not just "haremshit" (though I haven't read them). Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de might be though it's just a potential guess.
Aug 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
Thanks
Aug 19, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
Really Hyped for the new season of Psycho-Pass. I'm also looking forward to the second season of Log Horizon. Besides those two nothing really catch's my eye but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Aug 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
I think what fascinates me about Kiseijuu is how its source material is a seemingly obscure manga from the 80s and 90s (unless it was popular then, I don't know). At least it will be confirmed to tell a full story. I hope this catches on in the industry more instead of adapting 30 chapters from a manga that started 2-3 years ago and only puts out 1 chapter per month.
Aug 19, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Welcome to MAL
Aug 19, 2014 6:45 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hmm... not a bad looking season.
The stuff I definitely want to watch:
Fate/Stay Night 2014
Mushishi Zoku Shou 2
Chaika 2
Parasyte
Ronja
Psycho pass 2
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Terra Formars
Gundam: G no Reconguista

The 'hope this is good' list:
Shirobako (animeception)
Akatsuki no Yona
Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Donten ni Warau
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
World trigger

Phew... that's gonna be a lot of work.
Aug 20, 2014 3:57 AM

Aug 2014
I'm a marathoner, so stuff in the maybe will watch category depends partly on how people say it is. But either way, this is a lot for me all in one season.

Definitely going to watch:
Hitsugi no Chaika season 2
Log Horizon season 2
Fate/Stay Night
Ore Twintail ni Narimasu

Maybe will watch:
Daishokan no Hitsujikai
Hi*sCoool! SeHa Girl
Shingeki no Bahamut GENESIS
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Amagi Brilliant Park
Aug 20, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
moonnya said:
why people who talking about Grisaia no Kajitsu , not even mind with Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. It is voted as best eroge in 2013

I'm going to stop you right there. With very few exceptions, people (and critics) who rate Visual Novels rate the art and CG in front of everything else, sometimes completely ignoring the actual story.

It's how "ef: A Fairy Tale of Disgusting People not Deserving of a Tombstone" can be rated anything but a 1/10

So while aggregate scores of entertainment are almost always a bad idea, it's especially a bad idea with Visual Novels due to the poor priorities of the majority of the audience.

Kyouraku-san said:

Yes, Amagi Brilliant Park.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

103 by mo_lave »»
9 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

66 by 8oomer »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

25 by Tropisch »»
13 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

41 by epidemia78 »»
17 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

33 by WatchTillTandava »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.