Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
Some stuff looks pretty decent. Well, I'm looking forward to Psycho-pass season 2 and Yowapeda season 2 the most.
Jul 2014
onefairyeater said:
fate/stay night and the seven deadly sins are on top of my list.
i would be hyped for world trigger but toei is doing

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/27/video-ufotable-fatestay-night-unlimited-blade-and-heavens-feel-plans-previewed

not sure if you've seen all of this but I figured I'd post it anyway just cause you mentioned fate/stay night

Dec 2012
Even though there's lots of promising sequels/titles in there so far, Strike Witches OVA just made me fanboy. So happy it's no longer just a far away dream.
Jul 30, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, most of the fall anime are average or decent at best. I'll just have a low expectation.
Jul 30, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Merged
Jul 31, 2014 12:39 AM

Mar 2014
Am I the only person looking forward to the Kill la Kill and WatMote specials?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 31, 2014 12:40 AM

Jun 2013
StrawberryRain said:
Am I the only person looking forward to the Kill la Kill and WatMote specials?

Yes
Aug 3, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2011
As Kantai Collection has been confirmed to air in Winter 2015, not this Autumn, I have removed it from my list of things. Others may wish to do the same.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 3, 2014 12:53 AM

May 2014
Kiseijuu, Grisaia and the rest are things I'm following anyway so yeah, along with the Summer leftovers, Fall isn't spectacular just because of F/SN which I don't care about.
Aug 3, 2014 3:39 AM

Jan 2012
Log Horizon is a definite choices for me. The others I can't really decide as of yet. Too early but so far the line-up looks good. Well all of them except the weird one with two guys.... The shows with the homosexual undertones are getting a little weird... one or two every two years was fine, but it's getting a little silly.
Aug 3, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
Log Horizon,Grisaia,F/SN remake,Hanamonogatari and some of Spring split-cour anime like WIXOSS and Chaika.
Aug 3, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1239643

New entry for fall.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 3, 2014 5:05 AM

May 2014
NeoAnkara said:

New entry for fall.
Another original Sunrise Mecha, now with ecchi! Yay! more crap to avoid
Aug 3, 2014 5:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
T3hSource said:
NeoAnkara said:

New entry for fall.
Another original Sunrise Mecha, now with ecchi! Yay! more crap to avoid
boobs and mecha, how revolutionary

well it *could* always be good but I'll give it about 10% chance or smth
Aug 3, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2012
NeoAnkara said:

New entry for fall.

Mecha anime that has sexy girl fighting large dragon in the sky. I say that PV and pictures alone guarantees that this anime will not be bad

And sunrise has history of making above average mecha animes.
Aug 3, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2012
Gotta hype Kiseijuu, definitely something people should look forward to!

Aug 3, 2014 12:01 PM
Jun 2014
Psycho-Pass

Gundam Build Fighters Try

Gundam G No Reconguista

(Two gundam related shows on the way? Woo I being blessed.)

Madan No Ou To Vanadis

World Trigger (maybe)

Fate/Stay Night

AOT movie on the way? sick!!!
Aug 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
First, I wasn't going to check the fall line-up out so soon since this season is not even halfway over, but hey why the hell not. :O

From the synopsis and the previews I'll will definitely watch:
Mushi-shi: one of my all time favorites so a must watch obviously.
Wixoss 2: batoru, batoru, batoru, batoru, batoru... yeah it will be fun. ^^
Parasite: the most intriguing entry on the list and it's produced by Madhouse. The manga gets a lot of praise so I hope it delivers.
Orenchi no Furo Jijou: The setting sounds hilarious, I think this will be the sleeper hit of the season.

Probably:
Psycho Pass 2: I liked the first season well enough, so I'll end up watching it, but maybe not on a weekly basis. It will be nice to see Akane and Kougami again.
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja: it's cool that one of Astrid Lindgren's books is getting an adaptation. Yeah it will take a while to get used to the CGI, but it has potential to be great if done correctly.

Low probability:
fate/stay night: I hated almost every single character in Deens adaptation. It will take ufotable a miracle to make me care for the cast this time, but you never know..
Sora no Method: hmmm, looks cute and lighthearted I guess. I'll check it out if I'm in the right mood for it.
Aug 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2008
What I plan to watch:

Mushishi Zoku Shou 2
Orenchi no Furo Jijou
Psycho-Pass 2
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Trick or Alice(if it airs this year)
World Trigger
Yowamushi Pedal 2nd Season
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (OVA)
Aug 3, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
Sequals/remakes/new Gundams:
Psycho Pass 2-- I really loved the first season, and while I have some doubts, I'm very interested in how the second season will turn out.
Yowamushi Pedal 2-- Very excited.
Build Fighters Try-- Should finish first season first.
G-- Someday will watch. UC is tricky.
Fate/Stay Night-- will watch other fates first.
spread wixoss-- excited. First season was very enjoyable.

Will Watch--
Sora no Method-- These usually turn out at least decent.
Orenchi-- Hot guys. Yay.
World Trigger-- I haven't read the manga or heard anything about it really, but it's a pretty long running Jump series, so there might be something interesting there.
Terra Formers-- might be the new big series so I'll check it out.
amagi park-- Kyoani. Pretty animation at the very least.

Might Watch--
Shigatsu-- Looks interesting. Will pick it up if I have time and/or hear good things about it.
Kiseiju-- Will wait to hear about it. Could be good.
Trinity Seven-- might pick up. depends on my mood.
Sanzoku-- miyazaki so i'll probably end up watching but certainly not right away.
Aug 3, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
As a completely unbiased and neutral viewer, I would like to say that Fate/stay night will be AOTY 2014 and 2015. Though naturally, I'll also be looking at Mushishi, Psycho-Pass, Chaika, Hanamonogatari, and the Kill la Kill OVA.

Halicone said:

fate/stay night: I hated almost every single character in Deens adaptation. It will take ufotable a miracle to make me care for the cast this time, but you never know..

I was going to type a rant but I didn't know where I was going with it. Basically, the characters are way better than you'd expect in the original visual novel. You have no idea how much the anime butchered the characterization and story. Ufotable's not really "fixing" anything. They're just more faithfully adapting the VN.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Aug 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
What are you guys looking forward to based off what's been announced so far?

I guarantee I will be watching Fate/Stay Night, Chaika, and Psycho Pass without a doubt, though I'm interested in the majority of these. Quite interesting plot summaries for this season, I must say.

Especially Terra Formars. That sounds ridiculous in a good way.

And Orenchi no Furo Jijou. Great implied yaoi comedy inc.

And Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. Will probably fill my shoujo void for the season.
KorrvoAug 11, 2014 10:33 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 11, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2008
Already locked in on Psycho-Pass, Buddy Complex, Chaika, Yowamushi, Fate, Build Fighters, Mushishi, and Log Horizon - and those are just the sequels.

It's going to be a busy few months.

World Trigger, Terraformers, Nanatsu, and Grisaia look to be big names.
Parasyte, and Ronia will probably be disappointments.
Donten, Akatsuki, and Garo will be underwatched or mediocre.
CkanAug 11, 2014 10:37 PM
Aug 11, 2014 10:33 PM

Mar 2013
Psycho-Pass 2, though my hype is dampened by the fact that the butcher isn't writing.

LH2 cause yeh.

F/SN because based ufotable.

That Ghibli-Polygon thing cause it can't be worse than Knights of Sidonia.

Sora no Method cause you gotta have some loli in your life.

Gundam because Tomino.

And thats all that looks good right now.
Aug 11, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2008
Girlfriend (Kari)
Cross Ange
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de
Orenchi no Furo Jijou
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Sora no Method
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls
Amagi Brilliant Park
Denki-Gai no Honya-san
Tsubu Doll

This season has quite a few potential goodies, not too much that's standing out but Sora no Method may come out on top and Tsubu Doll may be good, that's good because Winter 2015 only has 2 potential winners at the moment and we all know what those 2 winners are (they're both game adaptations).

Aug 11, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2009
im gonna watch the following

Shingeki No Bahamut Genesis
Ronia the Robbers Daughter
Garo Hono no Koukin
Psycho-Pass season 2
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks TV
Gundam Reconguista
Cross Ange
Aug 11, 2014 10:36 PM

Apr 2010
Besides UBW being the only thing that matters, I enjoyed the Tenchi Muyo description.
50ep of 5min each. Was doing 12~ep that difficult?

Chaika S2, and Log Horizon S2 are a given. Figure out the rest when they start airing.
antonnAug 11, 2014 10:45 PM
Aug 11, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly don't think I've ever been as excited for an airing anime as I am for UBW. But, well, I only really recently started following airing anime.

Terra Formers and Parasyte look interesting as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Mar 2014
hm.. well looking at THAT list, the upcoming season looks very interesting.

im already gonna be watching Amagi and Wixoss

if i finish Fate/Zero by then ill watch the Stay Night one as well

Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls because im a sega fan ;3

Aikatsu S3 because Idols (though i think the main characters are gonna be replaced.. which makes that picture misleading a bit)

and pretty much anything else that looks fun.
Aug 11, 2014 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
AzuStar said:

You're watching it in the wrong order but ok.
Aug 11, 2014 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
Absolute Duo maybe...because I read the novel.
Aug 11, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
fate/ stay night, the seven deadly sins and psyco-pass are the only anime that interest me. i would include world trigger but toei is doing it
Aug 11, 2014 10:46 PM
Dec 2013
Buddy Complex S2 - i hoping for some more epic OST's and also better fights + romance.
World Trigger
Mushishi - Need to finish the first two seasons.
Heaps of them im looking forward to so yeah.
Aug 11, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2012
Haven't looked at any of the series in detail yet but definitely

Psycho Pass 2 , FSN remake, Chaika S2, Log Horizon S2 with plenty to add I'm sure.

Mushishi on forever backlog >_>

Aug 11, 2014 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
Kiseijuu has the potential to be amazing. I just hope it doesn't get the Tokyo Ghoul treatment. (meaning excessive censorship)
Aug 11, 2014 10:51 PM

May 2012
Oh, I didn't even realize there was a Log Horizon season 2 coming out.
Aug 11, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
I'm going to watch everything and drop as I go, like I always do. I'm looking forward to:

Psycho Pass 2
Chaika
Log Horizon
Donten ni Warau
Terra Formars
Mushishi

Question to F/SN fans: I never finished F/SN because Shirou annoyed the crap out of me. I'll will myself to finish it someday (maybe). Will I still enjoy or understand UBW if I watch it?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 11, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
fst said:
AzuStar said:

How so? By release date and timeline it's the right order.

On another note F/SN (2014), Mushishi, Psycho, World Trigger, and Log Horizon 2 look good.
I hope Gundam R will be good but idk anything about it.
I didn't like the Parasyte manga but it's Madhouse so it's like 50/50.

I feel like Nanatsu will suck but that's just because I hate the character design.
Aug 11, 2014 11:29 PM

Sep 2013
Gundam G no Reco
Fate/Stay Night
Maybe Build Fighters if I can catch up with the prequel
Terra Formars, maybe?
Cross Ange for lolz

For the rest I have to see when they start airing.

A decent amount of very interesting shows I guess. Fate and Gundam are worth multiple interesting shows of this current season. ^_^
cupcAug 11, 2014 11:39 PM
Aug 11, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
I intend to watch many series. As I watch them, I may drop some.

Aug 11, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
Question to F/SN fans: I never finished F/SN because Shirou annoyed the crap out of me. I'll will myself to finish it someday (maybe). Will I still enjoy or understand UBW if I watch it?

Probably. Ufotable has a much more extravagant budget and understanding of the original source material than Deen ever did. Shirou's nowhere near annoying as you might think he is, at least in the VN, and hopefully, Ufotable will deliver. It's really up to you though, since even though Ufotable is packing in extra content for those unfamiliar with anything, UBW is meant to be experienced after the Fate route, which is covered by the 2006 Deen anime, plus cramming in elements of other routes. So do what you want, I suppose.

That being said, the shows I'm looking forward to for Fall are F/SN, Psycho-Pass, Mushishi, Chaika, and maybe Log Horizon if I finish S1 by then.

MrLief said:
fst said:

>what is source material

Wrong. The Fate/stay night VN came out in 2004, and the Deen anime came out in 2006, the same year the first Fate/Zero LN was written.
VerchanAug 11, 2014 11:37 PM
Aug 11, 2014 11:34 PM

Apr 2010
MrLief said:
fst said:

Mainly because F/0 spoils a bunch of the FSN plot twists and such. This debate has been done to death already in the FSN subforum.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1235061&pages=9&show=160#msg33440237
Aug 11, 2014 11:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
F/SN Remake and Grisaia getting adapted are definitely the most hype at least

I also really want to see Daitoshokan solely because it's made by August originally and well, they made Eustia so I have some sort of expectation based on that alone

Also a ton of sequels like Log Horizon, WIXOSS and others, will def watch

Madan no Ou to Vanadis is a pretty well-spoken-of LN as well so I'm hopeful for that too

Then there's an anime based on TWINTAILS, I mean oh my god what, must find out what this is lol

That and some new KyoAni thingy and one or two other potentials

Overall I think it looks awesome at least, I'm like 10x more interested in this than Summer

antonn said:
MrLief said:

Mainly because F/0 spoils a bunch of the FSN plot twists and such. This debate has already been done death already in the FSN subforum.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1235061&pages=9&show=160#msg33440237
how is it right in the release order when the original F/SN VN came out in 2004? :3
Aug 11, 2014 11:44 PM
Feb 2014
A majority of them look like horrible harems

i havent finished phycho pass nor have i started fate/stay series so i cant say im looking forward to them.

out of the sequels to what i have watched, im crying tears of joy for mushishi zku shou s2 and im excited for yowamushi pedal.

in terms of the new series that pique my interest id say donten ni waru and ronia the robbers daughter and maybe terra formars its sounds tgouh
I only read books i have already read
Aug 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Won't be watching until I catch up with the rest of their series.
The Gundams
Aikatsu
Magic Kaito
Tenchi
Mushishi

Iffy on whether I'll watch.
Girl Friend Beta
Donten
Garo Honoo
Bonjour
Kaitou Joker

Everything else I'll be watching.
ReaperCreeperAug 11, 2014 11:51 PM
Aug 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
Jesus Christ how many people are going to say the same thing. I'm talking about release date of the anime series that are made by ufotable. I'm pretty sure ufotable would like their series to be watched from timeline and release date. Also F/SN the old one is hardly even worth a watch, it doesn't compare to F/Z.
Aug 11, 2014 11:49 PM

May 2014
I've read Kaitou Joker so I will probably watch that, wasn't expecting it to become an anime series tho
Aug 11, 2014 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
MrLief said:
Jesus Christ how many people are going to say the same thing. I'm talking about release date of the anime series that are made by ufotable. I'm pretty sure ufotable would like their series to be watched from timeline and release date. Also F/SN the old one is hardly even worth a watch, it doesn't compare to F/Z.

The anime is an adaptation. The release order of the anime is irrelevant. What matters is the order in which the stories were originally created and released. The F/SN VN was the first. Then, 2 years after that, came the F/Z novel. In terms of release order of the stories, F/SN came first, and F/Z was written with that in mind, so to understand F/Z fully, you need to watch F/SN.
Aug 11, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
MrLief said:
I'm talking about release date of the anime series that are made by ufotable. I'm pretty sure ufotable would like their series to be watched from timeline and release date.

Actually, Ufotable insists that their F/SN project be seen as its own standalone thing, and not a strict sequel to Fate/Zero, since the two stories are fairly disconnected when focusing on one route only. Though the anime was good, adapting Fate/Zero first was a grave mistake from a storytelling point of view, and any smart person within Ufotable knows it. Besides, the point still remains that the original VN (the full story), made by naturally the original creator, came out first.

Don't be so quick to disregard the source material, since the shows are just animated adaptations of them.
Aug 12, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2012
fst said:
MrLief said:

The anime is an adaptation. The release order of the anime is irrelevant. What matters is the order in which the stories were originally created and released. The F/SN VN was the first. Then, 2 years after that, came the F/Z novel. In terms of release order of the stories, F/SN came first, and F/Z was written with that in mind, so to understand F/Z fully, you need to watch F/SN.

The release order of the anime is very relevant, it's an adaptation and it the order matters in which they were released for the adaptation. Otherwise ufotable would have done F/SN first and then F/Z. I watched F/Z before F/SN and I fully understood everything at the time, I didn't need any knowledge of the series beforehand. Saying that F/SN (2006) should be watched before F/Z is like me saying watch something shitty so you can understand a few minor details in a godlike series instead of waiting a couple months for another godlike series to explain those minor details.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

76 by Kenzolo-folk »»
1 minute ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

27 by MichaelJackson »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
43 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.